The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"When We Left Earth"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-10-08, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"When We Left Earth"
I guess this documentary/mini-series will belong over here since all the footage is from the NASA archives and therefore real.

Did anyone watch the first part of this on Sunday? I've always been somewhat fascinated by the space program, especially the early days of the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo missions. I can probably thank my Dad for this, since he was a big space nut growing up and told me all about the missions when I was a kid. I wasn't born until 1979, so I didn't get to experience the thrill of the moon landing personally, but I still find the footage fascinating whenever I see it on tv and I'm anxious to see what other film Discovery was able to get from NASA's vaults.

The first two parts, about the Mercury and Gemini missions were really interesting. I'll be the first to admit that I typically find documentaries such as this dry at times (I thought some of Planet Earth was great last summer, other parts put me to sleep.) I was riveted by this though, thanks in part to Gary Sinise's narration and so much that I hadn't really learned about before like Ed White's first space walk in one of the early Gemini missions and how Gemini 6 & Gemini 7 completed three orbits of Earth just six inches apart.

Anyone else watching? What do you think?

Place witty comment here.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: When We Left Earth cipher5150 06-13-08 1
 RE: When We Left Earth Tiggertramp 06-13-08 2
   RE: When We Left Earth kidflash212 07-10-16 4
 RE: When We Left Earth Agman2 03-09-16 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-13-08, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: When We Left Earth"
I'm also really enjoying this show. I think they did a really good job pulling it together. During the first episode I found myself comparing it to what I remember from the movie "The Right Stuff" which I also enjoyed. We're so blasé about it now that it's easy to forget how incredibly brave these guys were.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-13-08, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: When We Left Earth"
Hi Sweet pea!

I *LOVE* this program. There is something about the space program that makes me really emotional. Beyond the tragic crashes and losses. My DH and I went to Cape Canaveral and it is one of the most amazing places to tour. We wept at many places as we toured Kennedy Space Center. At the Memorials for sure, but there is the control room that you see depicted in this series where it all happened. It is left as it was during these missions. They run the audio of the lunar landing and it just makes you well up with pride, tears, joy. It is amazing.

I am a space addict. And I do not want to join a 12 step program!

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat And Icey bounced me! Yippee!!
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

kidflash212 4852 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: When We Left Earth"
Haven't seen those siggies in a while

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-09-16, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: When We Left Earth"
I get all spaced out when I watch that show! Just call me Rocketman

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •