The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Next Food Network Star"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 17011 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-02-08, 12:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Next Food Network Star"
Ok, new season started last night.
I think the judges got it right this first night. The comedian lady was not funny.
The chic 'stylish' lady is just darmed confusing! I'm picking her to go next.

Anyone else watching?

If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the bug's kitchen!
Agman? It's getting hot in here!!!!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Next Food Network Star JessicaRN 06-02-08 1
   RE: Next Food Network Star jbug 06-02-08 3
       RE: Next Food Network Star vince3 06-02-08 4
           RE: Next Food Network Star Ahtumbreez 06-07-08 9
               RE: Next Food Network Star vince3 06-09-08 13
 RE: Next Food Network Star lgianna 06-02-08 2
   RE: Next Food Network Star jase 06-03-08 5
 RE: Next Food Network Star Bebo 06-03-08 6
   RE: Next Food Network Star Estee 06-03-08 7
       RE: Next Food Network Star Bebo 06-03-08 8
 RE: Next Food Network Star vince3 06-08-08 10
 RE: Next Food Network Star jbug 06-09-08 11
   RE: Next Food Network Star Ahtumbreez 06-09-08 12
   RE: Next Food Network Star LostAddict 06-09-08 14
       RE: Next Food Network Star vince3 06-09-08 15
           RE: Next Food Network Star jbug 06-09-08 16
               RE: Next Food Network Star vince3 06-09-08 17
 RE: Next Food Network Star SilverStar 06-18-08 18
   RE: Next Food Network Star jbug 06-18-08 19
       RE: Next Food Network Star LostAddict 06-18-08 20
   RE: Next Food Network Star arkiegrl 06-19-08 21
 RE: Next Food Network Star riverrocker 06-22-08 22
   RE: Next Food Network Star lgianna 06-22-08 23
       RE: Next Food Network Star riverrocker 06-23-08 24
           RE: Next Food Network Star LostAddict 06-23-08 25
   RE: Next Food Network Star weltek 06-24-08 26
       RE: Next Food Network Star Ahtumbreez 06-29-08 28
 The Lob Special Menu Item realitycoholic 06-28-08 27
   RE: The Lob Special Menu Item Scuba Steve 06-29-08 29
 When Shane saw Cat... udg 06-30-08 30
   RE: When Shane saw Cat... Bebo 06-30-08 31
       RE: When Shane saw Cat... riverrocker 06-30-08 32
           RE: When Shane saw Cat... LostAddict 07-01-08 33
               As I have said before.... jase 07-06-08 34
                   RE: As I have said before.... JessicaRN 07-06-08 35
                       REToo bad this doesn't have its own... mindy23 07-07-08 36
                           RE: REToo bad this doesn't have its... riverrocker 07-07-08 37
 July 13th jbug 07-14-08 38
   RE: July 13th riverrocker 07-14-08 39
   RE: July 13th LostAddict 07-15-08 40
   RE: July 13th SilverStar 07-15-08 41
       RE: July 20th mindy23 07-21-08 42
           RE: July 20th ginger 07-21-08 43
           RE: July 20th riverrocker 07-21-08 44
               RE: July 20th flystorms 07-21-08 45
           RE: July 20th weltek 07-21-08 46
               RE: July 20th ginger 07-21-08 47
                   RE: July 20th riverrocker 07-22-08 48
 Voting SilverStar 07-25-08 49
 SPOILER-- THE WINNER IS... SilverStar 07-25-08 50
   RE: SPOILER-- THE WINNER IS... riverrocker 07-26-08 51
       RE:Well, you got THAT one right! mindy23 07-28-08 52
           RE:Well, you got THAT one right! Ahtumbreez 07-28-08 53
               RE:Well, you got THAT one right! weltek 07-28-08 54
                   RE:Well, you got THAT one right! SilverStar 07-28-08 55
                       RE:Well, you got THAT one right! Bebo 07-28-08 56
                           Ask Ada . . . errr . . . Aida FFantasyFX 07-29-08 60
                   Right you are! udg 07-28-08 58
 Aaron's Show debuts next week vince3 07-28-08 57
 RE: Next Food Network Star jbug 07-29-08 59
   RE: Next Food Network Star FFantasyFX 07-29-08 61
       RE: Next Food Network Star vince3 07-29-08 62
 Adam's show! SilverStar 01-08-09 63
 RE: Next Food Network Star Agman2 04-08-16 64

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-02-08, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
I'm watching also. The unfunny comedienne seemed confused. The Dallas Diva was bizarre with her whole community service business. I'm not sure what I think about the young guy who plated raw pork and cried. The Indian cook was very annoying and looks like she continues to be.

I guess the winner from last year kind of faded into obscurity but they really did find a star in Guy 2 seasons ago.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-02-08, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
LAST EDITED ON 06-02-08 AT 03:19 PM (EST)

I think so far, Guy F(whatever his last name is) is the only one to have been really successful. I like to watch him.

The 2 guys that won the first season? - I think I've seen one show (I never did think it fair to have a pair/couple compete against other singles).

I can't even remember who won last time!

OK, I found the thread from last season.
Copied from my comment after the winner was announced:
There are others who I thought would have been better w/ their own show. I don't think we'll see too much of Amy.

Guess I was right!

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

06-02-08, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
They occasionally air episodes of the first season's winners, mostly at ungodly hours in the morning......

Amy's series was on for about 6 weeks or so, and then got replaced by the Neely's show.......

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-08, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
Wow, I keep waiting for Amy's show to come on. Guess I can quit waiting I don't like the Neely's so that's too bad about Amy.

Agman took me to the islands

06-09-08, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
LAST EDITED ON 06-09-08 AT 04:17 PM (EST)

They decided to a "Where are they now?" with some of the finalists of the past 3 seasons.....

Tummy, here's the one for Amy. She went to France! She actually was the one to turn down making more episodes, partially out of guilt of how she won, and partially because of her desire to move to France with her family.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_nf/article/0,2495,FOOD_20096_5840178,00.html

Here's the page with the others that they did interviews with, including the Hearty Boys (Season 1 winner) and Guy Fieri (Season 2 winner)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_nf/article/0,2495,FOOD_20096_5840920,00.html

ETA: (it helps if I post the link.........)

lgianna 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-02-08, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lgianna Click to send private message to lgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
LAST EDITED ON 06-02-08 AT 01:22 PM (EST)

Yeah... I watched it too. I agree with the above comments and need to add that Kelsey seemed a bit weird too. Should be an interesting season.

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-03-08, 02:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
It's going to be tough picking a favorite (much less a winner) from this group. No one seems to be standing out to me like last season.

I never liked the idea of having Food Network executives as judges (particularly these two), so I know I'm going to have issues with them. They're often indecisive and very arrogant. They should only be involved after a winner is selected and not before.

Bebo 20905 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-08, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
When I saw Cory, I immediately thought she'd be the first one gone. And I thought I'd be disappointed, since I liked her on Last Comic Standing. The only reason I was disappointed was because I wanted to see Lisa (the confusing one from Texas) gone first. I certainly understood why it was Cory, though.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

06-03-08, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
Is Cory just trying to get on every reality show she can find? I've got her at three now, and that's just counting the ones I know about.

06-03-08, 08:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
She's making sure she's ready and able to step in if something happens to Amber Mariano.

06-08-08, 12:24 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
The preview for tonight gives an indication that this had to have been taped either late last year or early this year, because the now disgraced Food Network star of Dinner Impossible, Robert Irvine, is hosting one of the challenges and it appears to be themed on the Dinner Impossible episode where Robert had to cook on a train.........

06-09-08, 09:50 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
oops. Judges got it wrong last night (IMO of course).
When the one gal walked out - saying "I can't do this any more"? That should have been the end of her. I guess they had already made their decision before she did that - but they should have had them leave for a few minutes and re-discuss.
If she had said "Can I be excused for a minute?" that might have been different. But she quit and then came back and apologized her way back in.
The guy that got cut wasn't going to last long anyway; but he deserved to stay longer than someone who didn't want to be there any more.
Looks to me like that really want her around for awhile - like they want someone with an Indian food background. Why I don't know - I probably wouldn't ever watch a FoodNetwork show that is all about Indian food (it's ok but not something I eat regularly).

06-09-08, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
I agree. But I think they did the same thing last year, was it Amy they talked into staying? I don't get that.

LostAddict 420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

06-09-08, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LostAddict Click to send private message to LostAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
I agree that girl should have been gone. If she's going to walk out at the beginning how are they going to depend on her to do an entire series? She seems like way too much of a diva. I think they are really really wanting someone with the ethnic food flair.

The guy who went was meh to me. Pretty boring. I didn't get the whole love and romance thing. Especially with figs. BUT he should have got to stay just because the other girl walked out.

The Dallas girl has me confused too. It's almost like she's trying to say, "look, I'm from Dallas and I'm the OPPOSITE of what everyone thinks comes from Texas." I feel like she's trying too hard to be something she's not.

I like the boy who served the raw meat. I hope he gets his act together.

06-09-08, 05:10 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
Love and Romance boy is still there, he had the fig and bleu cheese salad.

The guy that was sent packing, he served the "poached" (in reality, mostly raw) eggs on top of the steak that was determined to be one of the ones deserving of the USA Weekend prize.........

Nipa had better shape up and get herself together, or she will be eliminated sooner than later, regardless of the desires of the Selection Committee to get some ethnic flavor besides the Italian (Giada, Mario on Iron Chef), Latino (Easy Delicioso), French (Barefoot Contessa), and the various American regional flavors already on the network............

06-09-08, 07:27 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
I think you have the 2 guys mixed up Vince.
Raw egg guy is still there.

Romance is history.

06-09-08, 07:48 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
Apparently they look the same to me, then......

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

06-18-08, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
I can't believe Nipa is still there. Last week she practically quits and they let her stay. This week her super-duper special brand name item is... cayenne and sugar. Seriously. Cayenne and sugar. Two ingredients, and not even exoctic spices or anything. Not to mention the fact that it seems the only purpose of this item was to season peanuts! Who needs that!? Ugh. I really, really don't like her and I can't wait until she's gone.

Surfkitten summer sigs!

06-18-08, 02:13 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
I couldn't figure that out either.
Did she just shake the peanuts in the mixture? Or were they also baked or something - making them like honey roasted or something?
how boring a product could you get?

Snidget put me on the cover!

06-18-08, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LostAddict Click to send private message to LostAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
I agree! How boring! I think the judges are just really wanting her ethnic flavors. But cayanne and sugar? AND she told everyone that it was just cayanne and sugar. That was just BAD.

But the guy who went was pretty bland and boring to me. At least Dallas girl (why can't I remember names) is starting to get a bit of a personality. Even if it is a Martha Stewart wannabe. What I found funny about that whole bit was how the 2 girls who were oogling Martha were 2 of the most opposite people.

Surfkitten summer sigshop

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-08, 10:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
But it's the ratio of cayenne and sugar that made it special. Sure, any of us could put cayenne and sugar together, but only Nipa knows the exact ratio that makes it great. /sarcasm

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-22-08, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
Who would you REALLY watch on Food Network? I think I would NEVER watch Lisa--the plastic-looking gal from Dallas. Her whole demeanor is a downer, IMHO.

I like Aaron(I think I have the name right; he's the one who did the vinegrette dressing that Martha Stewart liked). I couldn't believe that Nipa took ALL the cayenne in the store, and that poor Aaron was forced to "improvise" w/jalepeno flavoring in his dressing---then it turned out so well! I sat and laughed at the selfish Nipa for her attitude and actions. But I really thought she should have gone. Too bad they don't ever eliminate TWO at a time!

lgianna 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-22-08, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lgianna Click to send private message to lgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
I think I could watch Aaron. I liked Jeffrey if he could've gotten over his nerves and let his personality come through, but he seemed very nervous which seemed to lead to his downfall. Nipa likes to try to be to much like Rachael Ray, and she showed her true colors with the cayenne incident. "It's more than I need...". And Kelsey acts like a cheerleader on crack. And don't get me started on the "Diva from Dallas". She needs to start by taking the false eyelashes off so she can open her eyes all the way. I would be afraid of those falling off into whatever she's cooking. Sitting here on the left coast waiting to see who goes tonight.

06-23-08, 04:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
Well, now we know that Nipa is gone. I think Adam's "pratfall" was over the top and totally inappropriate; he needs to go. I would get rid of Lisa (although she did act "human" when the sauce went all over her, but the "oh no, not on my Gucci shoes" was way too much for me) because her recipes can only appeal to a certain group of people IMO. Jennifer just doesn't come across as confident.

I'm still liking Aaron, although last night was not a good night for him. Shane is interesting--I paid more attention to him in last night's show. Kelsey toned down the cheerleader angles a bit, and I thought she came off well--if they are looking for a blond Rachel Ray.

Will be interesting to see what happens next. ;)

06-23-08, 05:17 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
I really want to like Jennifer because I like her "angle." I like the idea of a show with kid-friendly food. I would watch it. But so far, she's not impressing me much, she HAS to quit appologizing.

I actually liked Lisa last night. I guess her more "human" moments got to me. Although the whole, "mess up my Gucci shoes and $300 shirt" irritated me too.

I'm just glad Nipa is finally gone. I didn't like her one bit.

weltek 16934 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-08, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
*hangs head* I would actually watch Lisa.
I might watch Aaron, too. I'm rooting for him. The rest I find utterly annoying or boring.

-A Shamrocktastic SharTribe Creation!

06-29-08, 09:02 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
I would watch Lisa also and I laughed about the shirt and shoes comment. Kelsey was tolerable this week, but I don't think I could watch her show all the time.

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-08, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "The Lob Special Menu Item"
I just happened to click on this show and stayed watching since I'm a big fan of Top Chef and this looked like they were actually making sure the contestants could cook rather than glorified line-chefs like HK. Liked it and now have it on my DVR schedule.

ANYWAY, Mr. Realitycoholic and I went to Red Lobster by chance on Wednesday and I ordered Kelsey's dish: Tilapia with Macadamia Nuts and White Chocolate Buerre Blanc sauce. I have to say it was extremely tasty! I must have been the first person to order it since about 4 people from RL came up and asked me how I liked it. Very nice combo of sweet and salty. It didn't come with the rice that was on the menu--think it was a mixup as I also ordered broccoli as my "side" dish and they must have thought I wanted a double order of broccoli.

I would definitely order it again. Anyone else try it?

**Work of arzt by PhoenixMons**

Scuba Steve 1644 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-29-08, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Scuba%20Steve Click to send private message to Scuba%20Steve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: The Lob Special Menu Item"
I tried it also this past Friday. I was pleasantly suprised by it.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-30-08, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "When Shane saw Cat..."
I was ROFL at Shane's reaction to seeing Cat Cora. I think he's got a bit of a crush on her, and then she liked his performance in the challenge.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004
This is me not making a "culinary boner" comment.

06-30-08, 06:32 PM (EST)
31. "RE: When Shane saw Cat..."
Poor Shane, he's not her type.

Kelcey's been doing well in challenges lately, my my my. Don't know if I could watch a whole show of her, though. Part of me thinks it's going down to her and Lisa, even though they're both too much like last season's winner.

I'm expecting Adam to be the next one out the door. And Aaron has more lives than a cat. I wish he could show his personality on camera when he's not in a confessional, because then he'd be a legitimate thread.

06-30-08, 08:40 PM (EST)
32. "RE: When Shane saw Cat..."
LAST EDITED ON 06-30-08 AT 08:41 PM (EST)

Bebo, agree completely with all your comments!

I thought Aaron showed promise, but I'm disappointed in him. Think it might come down to Shane and Kelsey...too bad they can't use both of them together. I thought they were great in their paired challenge.

Our biggest complaint is the unrealistic time constraints they put on the competitors. On a "real" show, they would have all the ingredients prepared and might even do an "Emeril" approach where as one dish goes into the oven, refrig, etc., the "finished" dish comes out because it was prepared in advance.

Are we the only ones who think the two Food Network VPs are terrible judges???? I can tolerate the "real" chefs and their critiques, but those two come off as being just unbelievable.

07-01-08, 09:14 AM (EST)
33. "RE: When Shane saw Cat..."
I agree! The time constraints are horrible! They have 45 minutes to prepare dishes that take hours, or even DAYS to prepare then critique them because they aren't enough like the original?! Aweful. Especially when it's recipes that are new to these chefs. At least give them more prep time.

jase 187 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-06-08, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jase Click to send private message to jase Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "As I have said before...."
the two Food Network VPs should not be involved as judges. They should follow the lead of "Design Star" and help with the selection of contestants and then offer the winner their (and the network's) full support in creating the best show possible.

I totally agree about the time limits; not to mention throwing the contestants in front of a camera and expecting them to be great each and every time out. Don't they realize how difficult/overwhelming it is to be/work in front of a camera when you have no experience.

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-08, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: As I have said before...."
I just happened upon the remaining contestants doing a 4 minute cooking segment on Rachel Ray's show on Thursday (I thought she was in re-runs all summer, so was surprised to see a new show). All of them did really well. Even Aaron was very relaxed and personable. The judges were there, but did not critique or name a winner. That will happen on the next new show I guess.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-07-08, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "REToo bad this doesn't have its own forum!"
It really DOES deserve it-more, say than HGTV Design Star, at this point in time!!
Last night was the continuation of the Rachael Ray segment that aired on Thursday, I believe. I couldn't wait to see how the judges decided! And they were right on, as far as I felt about the entire show. The only thing that confused me, was that the chefs were shown in reverse order, but that's no biggie, and some of the things that were done were edited out, but, again, not too big of a deal.

Adam was AMAZING! He was the most natural of them all! And Aaron? WOW! Who knew? He shown like never before there, with that adorable, ADD little girl (ha!). She was adorable, especially when she grabbed that pizza and ran off the stage!!

Aaron and Adam were definitely in their elements. Shane, Lisa, and dang-is it Leslie? Her name is escaping me at the moment, were just NOT. Lisa started off well, and then the whole deer in the headlight thing took over. And instead of 'dummying down' her dish for the kid, she really put the dish over the kid's head, so that even some of us adults had NO idea what she was talking about! Not good, Lisa! You are NOT Martha, yet! And even Martha knows better.

So, anyway, Shane got the boot, after his speel about French cooking (to the judges), even though he's never been to France. They doubted his sincerity, his true 'chefery', if you will. And he's on his way to Hell's Kitchen for next season. To own his own restaurant in San Antonio, if he can handle the heat long enough to deal with Ramsey's mouth.

I think it was one of THE best ever episodes, and I'm looking forward to next week when they hit Vegas and do whatever they're planning on doing there. This show has grown on me, and as of now, I'm rooting for one of the "A" men!! Amen!....is that how Aaron spells his name? I dunno....

07-07-08, 07:54 PM (EST)
37. "RE: REToo bad this doesn't have its own forum!"
Last night's episode was FINALLY worth watching! I don't watch Rachel Ray, so I was happy to hear that they really did the show! Aaron & Adam were great; I could tell Shane would be the one to go. Not remembering the little girl's name was a big no-no. Kelsey & Lisa were so nervous, they made us uneasy watching them...that is NOT the hallmark of a "star" on Food Network!

It will be interesting to see the Vegas show. I keep wondering what type of person/show the Network is truly trying to find? Guy F. certainly has an outgoing personality, but he really doesn't do much cooking on his show, but I like watching him. Wonder if that is what they are wanting--since there are quite a few with "cooking" shows now?

And, yes, I DO wish they would allow the viewers to vote like on HGTV Design Star.

07-14-08, 07:14 PM (EST)
38. "July 13th"
Okay, interesting challenge - Throwdown!
I was glad Aaron got it right. I like him - hopes he learns quickly to ignore the camera and just relax.
I could watch Arron or Adam in a show.
No way will I watch the Dallas chick - Lisa?
Those squinty eyes? Her make-up/blush doesn't help - just makes her eyes look even more squinted.
And horrible hairstyle. So unbecoming.

07-14-08, 08:21 PM (EST)
39. "RE: July 13th"
Jbug, I agree TOTALLY!!! DH said "he" likes to watch Lisa--yeah, right, especially when she jerked off that jacket like a stripper and went down to her top that looked more like underwear! Ha

I would watch either Aaron or Adam...preferrably WITH their shirts on, though. They don't appear to have the abs to pull off a SYTYCD look. ;)

07-15-08, 08:46 AM (EST)
40. "RE: July 13th"
I ditto the agree! I could NOT watch Lisa. She's too spastic she stresses me out just watching her move. I like Aaron & Adam, I don't really know which one I prefer, but if Adam becomes more of a comedic chef it would probably be him. I'd like to watch someone who makes me laugh. But, I've really liked Aaron's dishes he's made so far. They all seem like ones I would like to make myself and that my family would like to eat.

07-15-08, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: July 13th"
I was really sad to see Kelsey go home. She was a little too perky for me at first, but I don't think she was fake at all and she just seemed like a really sweet, enthusiastic person and she grew on me. I would have watched her show.

Of the remaining 3, I really, really want Adam to win. It might have something to do with the fact that somewhere around 2 episodes ago, I seem to have developed a crush on him. Come on, a funny, cute guy who can cook? Yes, please!

Aaron seems to be a good cook and a nice guy, but his personality does nothing for me. I find him rather boring.

Lisa, as mentioned, is just way too spastic and is not enjoyable to watch. And I just don't care for her style of cuisine-- it's a little too fancy for me. Or maybe it's just the way she presents it, it makes me feel like she thinks she's better than everyone else or something.

07-21-08, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: July 20th"
WOW-all three next week! I had a feeling it was going to be a three-fer play off. They all have so much to offer.

I know many of you don't like Lisa, but she has grown on me; she has shown many of her weaknesses, and her strengths, and I think she is incredibly talented (WOW, what a VOiCE!), as well as an amazing chef.

Who knew Guy would be so hard on these guys last night, huh? I'm so used to seeing him scarf down all that food on "Diners, Dives, and Drive-In's", I thought he was just a regular guy with a food fetish! But he wouldn't be there if he didn't know his food, and how to present himself to the camera.

Felt bad for Aaron at the buffet, but he really should have listed to Guy about the pastas, and he should've worked on a different presentation, or that presentation a different way...Poor dude!

Adam, as always, gives me a kick, and always seems to come up with something that makes you wonder if he's going to be able to pull off, but in the end, he does. THAT will be his greatest challenge-staying off the edge next week.

Am I correct in that WE are going to vote for them? Or do I have that mixed up with Design Star, or are we voting for both??? I dunno.....my brain is so full of fake reality right now!! Someone help me-Is there a rehab for all this at the beginning of fall?? NO, JUST SURVIVOR AND TAR!!!!

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-08, 11:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
43. "RE: July 20th"
I'd watch a show where Lisa cooks, silently and intensely, and Adam talks to us. They each are missing the other half of the coin; he's an okay cook but nothing special, but much more appealing as a host; she's obviously really into her cuisine and knows her stuff but there is something about her that makes me think I'd never watch her show.

Plus, she has "her own line of aprons." That just seems absurd to me.

07-21-08, 11:52 AM (EST)
44. "RE: July 20th"
As far as I recall, "we" don't get to vote on these folks. It's purely a network decision.

I felt SO bad for Aaron last night. He just looks like a deer in the headlights sometimes...yet, I believe he can cook and would have a lot to offer as a host on his own show. I'd watch him. ;)

Adam is a hoot. I get so tired of the overly fake personalities, or the lack thereof, on Food Network. He would be fun and interesting...and some of his recipes sound like something I'd try.

DH likes Lisa. She just doesn't appeal to me, but I will certainly give her praise for her singing and her personality presentation last night! When you do something really well, you need to be recognized for it...and she definitely did it last night. But, would I watch her? No. Would I ever attempt one of her recipes? No way. Way too fancy for our taste...but I know plenty of folks would.

I'm with Guy. I want all three! Each is unique, talented, and yes, "human"! I think with coaching, training, and on-camera time, each one could nail it.

flystorms 212 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-08, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: July 20th"
Lisa drives me nuts. She's so frenetic and sooo "Dallas" (and I live there). She's a little too snooty for me.

OF the three remaining, I'd probably watch Adam on a show, but none of them grab me like past winners have. Hmm...it'll be interesting to see who finally pulls it off enough to win over the execs at FN.

07-21-08, 02:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: July 20th"
I thought we DO get to vote on the finalists. I recall voting last year, I think.

I would watch a Lisa show. Reminds me of Barefoot Contessa, though, so I'm not sure it's a "new" enough style for Food Network.

Adam could produce a fun show. Guy is hitting it big because he's so different than anyone on there and he's entertaining. I think Adam DOES have skills and knowledge, he just lacks some serious confidence. I hope this week really boosted his confidence for the finale.

Aaron had a really good promo. I was happy he did something for the camera that turned out well. I MIGHT watch a show he did, but doubt I'd stick with it.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-08, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: July 20th"
Yeah, I think we vote on the final two. Which was a complete bust last year, because FC and the viewers wanted Jag, apparently, and then Jag pretty much crumbled, so the second choice won (and she's now living in France and will not now or ever be the Food Network's Next Star).

07-22-08, 10:40 PM (EST)
48. "RE: July 20th"
Did my research, and yes, we "should" be able to vote on the final two, which happened last year--even though there was controversy and the final two changed. I think I was so disgusted with the whole mess last year that I didn't bother to vote...or my old age is causing me to forget which reality shows allow viewers' participation and which don't.

07-25-08, 10:52 AM (EST)
49. "Voting"
Seems there is some confusion about voting for the winner, so I wanted to clear it up. I think last year we were able to vote, but this season's finale is on Sunday. There will be no final 2, it is the final 3. They might narrow it down during the episode, but we do not get to vote on a final 2. On the Food Network site you can vote, but it is for "fan favorite" and it has no bearing on the actual winner.

On another note, Go Adam!

Surfkitten summer sigs!

07-25-08, 02:41 PM (EST)
50. "SPOILER-- THE WINNER IS..."
So I was perusing some other sites today and came across some posts about how the Food Network spoiled their own show and seemingly revealed who the winner is! I'm posting it here in invisible text, if I can remember how to do it. (Highlight to read.)(I guess you can't make links invisible?)

Here's the story: The Food Network put up exit and winner videos before the finale even aired! Idiots. Apparently Aaron won. There was another post I read about how they also listed his new show "Big Daddy's House" (ugh!) in the drop down menu of show listings. Of course all of this info has been removed from the FN site, but there you have it. Aaron wins. I will not be watching his show. He bores me to death. Booooo! *goes to comfort Adam* *grin*

Surfkitten summer sigs!

07-26-08, 10:30 PM (EST)
51. "RE: SPOILER-- THE WINNER IS..."
SilverStar, thank you! THAT was interesting...even though I had to wade through quite a bit to chase down the spoiler (answer!) as "damage control" had obviously been done.

Wonder why they even 'bother' to have a "contest" when it isn't? Why not just show how they pick some of their new hosts? I've seen the promos for some of the new ones, and I'm left wondering how, why, etc. some of those were selected. Maybe just a documentary--instead of a fake reality show--would be better. Just my opinion.

07-28-08, 09:06 AM (EST)
52. "RE:Well, you got THAT one right!"
Although I don't have a problem with Aaron winning, it was spoiled and let out of the bag-which is a VERY BAD THING!!

I thought the finale would be live, also, so shame on them, and shame on us for trusting them!! I'm sure they'll hear from some very unhappy fans and will lose some in the process.

You're so right about the quality of their show-I've noticed that most of the people they choose is based on personality-all of which I thought Lisa, Adam and Aaron had, but the food?? Come on! If Guy doesn't drop over dead soon, he's a lucky duck! My husband has had high cholesterol since he was in his early 30's, and believe me, if he even DARED what Guy does, he would be DEAD!

And Paula's cooking? Even Racheal? They just don't tone it down for those of us who need healthier foods for whatever reason. Not all of us can indulge in grease-soaked, wavy gravy, pork chops, deep fried twinkies, and/or glazed sweet potatoes! Sure, they may be fast, and the personalities of these people may be fun and energetic, but I'm really watching Guy, and waiting to see where he's going to be in 5-10 years.

I'll wager a quadruple by-pass, and a week in ICU. Not that I want that on him, but I've been there, with my husband eating healthy, so why do this to the public?? It's redundant!!

Nothing wrong with BBQ, which is Aaron's forte, but how far can you go with that? I do like his personality, but I think he may be burned out quickly. As Lisa said last night, SHE is not a 'one trick pony'. I fear Aaron and Adam were. Only time will tell...I wish him all the luck in the world!!

We have to remember, it was not HIS fault that any of this happened, and I for one, want to respect that, and support him as best I can.

07-28-08, 01:05 PM (EST)
53. "RE:Well, you got THAT one right!"
Well as I liked Amy from last year and didn't see one show of hers, though I heard it was on a few times, I don't see Aaron's show doing much better.

I liked Lisa through out the season, but if the winner was JUST based on the clip of their promo I'd say Adam should have won.

07-28-08, 01:48 PM (EST)
54. "RE:Well, you got THAT one right!"
All three promos were good.

Lisa: She related to the audience really well with her stories. Made me smile. And I'm glad she admitted the sauce was really simple, just had a fancy name.

Aaron: His food LOOKED beautiful, I must say. And it sounded good. I still just don't really get his culinary point of view. But I was impressed with his fun demeanor.

Adam: Ok, I have a little crush on Adam, but his food IS a bit of a one-trick pony and there's already Bobby Flay for bbq on the network. However, I still think he had the BEST, UNIQUE concept for a show. I have a feeling we'll see that in the near future on Food Network.

I would watch an Aaron show, but I'm still pretty unsure about what kind of food he'll be cooking.

07-28-08, 02:55 PM (EST)
55. "RE:Well, you got THAT one right!"
Hey you! Back offa my man. Adam is mine! *pulls Weltek's hair*

Ahem. Anyway...
I knew I'd be disappointed with the winner because of the spoiler, but I was even more disappointed after seeing Adam's (and Lisa's) pilot. I would have watched both of their shows. Lisa was never a favorite of mine, but she grew on me over the season. I know I would have loved Adam's show provided he was as laid back and funny as he normally is. Is he one-note? Yeah, probably. But what do I care since I never make any of the stuff I see on Food Network. I don't have to like what they're cooking in order to enjoy the show. I watch FN because I like to see other people cook- I don't like to cook myself. LOL. But yeah, I would have loved to watch Adam on my TV every week. *sigh*
Aaron just doesn't do anything for me. I cannot stand the way he speaks mumbles and I don't think there is anything particularly entertaining about him. I might watch like the first 5 minutes of his show just to see what it's like, but I highly doubt that I'll want to watch more than that. Unless he has Adam on as a guest star. *bitter*

Drinkin' with Ahkie!

07-28-08, 07:47 PM (EST)
56. "RE:Well, you got THAT one right!"
From a marketing standpoint, it would have made sense for them to pick Adam's pitch. It's different, and by incorporating the website, it would have provided an opportunity to hype all of the FN shows. Lisa and Aaron's shows look like too many of the other offerings from the network - there's nothing to reach out and say "watch me".

I had liked Amy last year but was bored silly by the one episode of her show I had seen. While Aaron is likeable, he's going to feel like "same old, same old".

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-08, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
60. "Ask Ada . . . errr . . . Aida"
LAST EDITED ON 07-29-08 AT 10:27 PM (EST)

I was rooting for Adam during the finale, and was rather disappointed when he didn't win. I thought he came up with a really brilliant pitch and then executed well. As you said, Lisa & Aaron's demos have some overlap with current Food Network programming.

What I really found galling though, is that immediately after Adam's segment, during the commercial break, Food Network had a promo for 'Ask Aida'. And it's basically the same concept that Adam pitched. Viewers e-mail the host for help and then she spends the episode answering their question. After I saw the commercial, I had a sinking feeling Adam wouldn't win. No need for two shows with basically the same idea. I guess the Food Network execs liked Adam's idea - just not with Adam as the host. I suppose it's possible FN was already planning and developing the show - and Adam had the misfortune of stumbling upon the same idea - but the whole thing still leaves a bad aftertaste.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-28-08, 10:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "Right you are!"
Adam: Ok, I have a little crush on Adam, but his food IS a bit of a one-trick pony and there's already Bobby Flay for bbq on the network. However, I still think he had the BEST, UNIQUE concept for a show. I have a feeling we'll see that in the near future on Food Network.

This looks a bit familiar, doesn't it? Ask Aida

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

07-28-08, 07:59 PM (EST)
57. "Aaron's Show debuts next week"
For those who actually want to see the 4th "Next Food Network Star" and his new show in action, it debuts next Sunday, August 3rd, at 1:30pm.......

07-29-08, 09:28 PM (EST)
59. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
I think Guy is the only winner to have really become successful as a Food Network star. He really doesn't have a cooking show - not where he does the cooking, but it is an interesting show. I watch now and then.

The 2 guys men that won - first season wasn't it? I never saw their show once.
Never saw Amy's show - not once.

Is this just the fourth season?
1: the 2 men/partners catering type show?
2: Guy?
3: Amy?
4: Aaron, Big Daddy

FFantasyFX 1028 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-08, 10:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FFantasyFX Click to send private message to FFantasyFX Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
Yeah, the season that just concluded was the fourth season. Guy did have a cooking show, Guy's Big Bite, before he did Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives I think. And, as you noted, the other two winners so far have just faded into obscurity.

07-29-08, 10:37 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Next Food Network Star"
Guy's Big Bite is still filming new episodes........

But, yeah, he's better known for "Triple D"

01-08-09, 04:30 PM (EST)
63. "Adam's show!"
Yay! Adam's new show, Will Work For Food, premieres on Monday, Jan 19th at 8:30. He's going to be travelling around and doing all sorts of wacky food related jobs. I'll be watching, anyone else?

Domo arigato, Ms. Slicey!

Agman2 2553 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-08-16, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
64. "RE: Next Food Network Star"

Anyone else watching?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •