The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Alaska Experiment"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Dianimal59 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-23-08, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dianimal59 Click to send private message to Dianimal59 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Alaska Experiment"
Hi Everyone,

Newbie Alert!

I have been lurking on these boards for a few years and have been enjoying all of your posts, summaries, thoughts on all of my favorite shows. You guys crack me up, thanks for so much enjoyment.
I finally registered because I couldn't find anything on this show. Am I the only one watching?

The show is on the Discovery channel and airs after Deadliest Catch. The premise is 4 teams are 'dropped' in the wilds of Alaska for 3 months at the beginning of winter. I won't give anything away but it makes Survivor (one of my favorite shows) look like summer camp. This show is exciting, involving and at times hilarious...

Anyway, anyone else watching? Thoughts?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Alaska Experiment batts 05-23-08 1
   RE: The Alaska Experiment Dianimal59 05-24-08 2
 RE: The Alaska Experiment lgianna 06-04-08 3
 RE: The Alaska Experiment Puffy 06-04-08 4
 RE: The Alaska Experiment The Cake 06-05-08 5
   RE: The Alaska Experiment Dianimal59 06-05-08 6
 RE: The Alaska Experiment CTgirl 06-16-08 7
 RE: The Alaska Experiment Puffy 06-16-08 8
   RE: The Alaska Experiment CTgirl 06-16-08 9
   RE: The Alaska Experiment Dianimal59 06-17-08 10
 RE: The Alaska Experiment Agman2 03-10-16 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

batts 1731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-23-08, 06:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail batts Click to send private message to batts Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Alaska Experiment"

>
>Newbie Alert!

Welcome to the boards.

>Am I the only one
>watching?

Yes, you're the only one watching this show....

>
>The show is on the Discovery
>channel and airs after Deadliest
>Catch. The premise is 4
>teams are 'dropped' in the
>wilds of Alaska for 3
>months at the beginning of
>winter. I won't give anything
>away but it makes Survivor
>(one of my favorite shows)
>look like summer camp. This
>show is exciting, involving and
>at times hilarious...
>
>Anyway, anyone else watching?

Just kidding dianimal59... I'm sure many people are watching this one, and they will be in shortly to chime in. Just give it time.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-24-08, 10:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dianimal59 Click to send private message to Dianimal59 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Alaska Experiment"
LAST EDITED ON 05-24-08 AT 10:49 PM (EST)

>> Am I the only one watching?

>>> Yes, you're the only one watching this show....

LOL I think you were right!

>>>Just kidding dianimal59... I'm sure many people are watching this one, and they will be in shortly to chime in. Just give it time.

I hope others are watching, it's an excellent show. I'm waiting for one of the contestants to be either eaten by a bear or by wolves. Or freeze to death. Or starve to death.
Should be fun.

Thanks for the welcome

lgianna 32 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-04-08, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lgianna Click to send private message to lgianna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Alaska Experiment"
Hey Dianimal, I caught part of a marathon of this show on Sunday (up until the race started ) It was a very cool show. I found it to be really good, exciting to watch. Interesting to see how they deal with the unending challenges.

Puffy 6671 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-04-08, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Alaska Experiment"
Thanks for recommending the show! Because of you, I found it and have been watching. I've watched them a little out of order and haven't seen all of them yet, but I think there's a couple more on this weekend. So far, I've seen the first and last shows and one in between. I LOVE the Alaska Experiment! It's riveting and the scenery is gorgeous.

Compliments of the Agmeister

The Cake 94 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

06-05-08, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail The%20Cake Click to send private message to The%20Cake Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Alaska Experiment"
I have been watching this show too! I have only missed the last episode because I fell asleep so I will have to catch that one to finish up.
The father & daughters team really annoyed me. I wish they had casted a better team than them. Also it was strange to see the married couple getting cabin fever & starting to hear things. I can't imagine that happening, but I guess when you are so isolated, who knows.
I was really hoping that someone would hunt down a moose. But, it was cool seeing Greg (is that is name?) hunt & shoot that goat. That thing was pretty far away & I couldn't believe he made that shot.
I hope they do another version of this show. Actually it would be nice to see Survivor - Alaska. I suppose they wouldn't do that though because it would be hard to get the contestants into bathing suits in that weather.

06-05-08, 05:43 PM (EST)
6. "RE: The Alaska Experiment"
LAST EDITED ON 06-05-08 AT 05:44 PM (EST)

Yay! I'm glad others have seen this show, I really enjoyed it. I hope they do another season.

I absolutely did not care for the Father & daughters. Boy what a couple of whiners those girls were, although they did get better at the end. That family was living in luxury compared to the Poor couple in the Tent, I felt so bad for them. I kept waiting for the scene where a bear got into the tent.

The 3 'geniuses' hiking to the Glacier couple, OMG that was something else. These people got lost on the way to their cabin and was what, 3 miles? In the sunshine.

Can you imagine living in a tiny cabin, in the deep woods, on a glacier, wolves have been hanging around, you've been hearing voices and hallucinating, and all of a sudden three people you've never seen in your life pop up out of nowhere?!

I wish they had shown Greg and Bernice's (?)reactions to hearing those guys calling their names or knocking on the door (lol). I would have had my gun out for sure.

I was really worried for the five of them hiking out. I had to tell DH, "if anyone had died, we would have heard about it", lol.

Alaska is a beautiful place but you couldn't pay me to do what those people did, especially considering the fact there was no prize money!

Sorry for such a long post but I was excited to see responses!

Diane

CTgirl 7631 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-08, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Alaska Experiment"
I've had this show on my DVR and just finished watching it this weekend. I really enjoyed it. This is what Survivor would be like in a cold location if it wasn't a social game first! (This sisters even used Bruce's tee shirt idea to strain their drinking water, lol.)

I enjoyed Berniece and Greg's story the most - who would have thought the overweight and out-of-shape guy would adapt the fastest. I abhored how the sister's treated their father, but since they were all closer at the end, there was probably some editing involved. I thought the couple in the tent got the short end of the stick camp wise: 3 months in a canvas tent with bears and winter to contend with.

They asked for volunteers for The Alaska Experiment 2. I hope they pick different elements to fight against than just the winter.

By O'Agman

Puffy 6671 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-08, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Alaska Experiment"
Yet, on the reunion show, they all said they'd do it again. Amazing.

Surfkitten Siggie Shop
2007,thanks to Smokeysmom

CTgirl 7631 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-08, 10:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Alaska Experiment"
I was surprised about that too.

06-17-08, 02:48 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The Alaska Experiment"
"Yet, on the reunion show, they all said they'd do it again. Amazing."

And the tent couple Moved to Alaska. Wow.

Agman2 2363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-10-16, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Alaska Experiment"

>Anyway, anyone else watching? Thoughts?

Yes my thoughts are as follows, if you have been lurking forever and couldn't wait to post, How come you only posted 19 times then disappeared? Huh???????

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •