The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Celebra Cadabra "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-28-08, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Celebra Cadabra "
Which once again proves that the instant Ant decides he's holding the whip hand, he starts beating the viewers with it. Maybe it's the pain of having been identified as the CFC host -- no, that doesn't account for his prior runs. When he's running the show, it's possible to tolerate his presence until the camera wisely cuts away from it. When he's competing on it -- endlessly ugly.

You could argue that this is a monotone version for the already-failed Secret Talents Of The Stars that has the great good luck to be on VH1, where no ratings can be low enough to cancel the thing. But there is a little bit of interesting material showing up here: the looks inside the Magic Castle, some of the tricks being executed, and a very rare glimpse at the world of professional illusionists. I'd be more likely to stay tuned if they were showing how some of the tricks were done: following the step-by-step process our semi-celebs are trying to master would make the series halfway interactive -- but it breaks the code, and there's no way they're going to give us the walkthrough. As-is, I'll probably go out right after Lisa Ann Walters does.

Not horrible. Not brilliant. And hopefully not likely to have any potential Season #2 focus on unicycle riding.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Celebra Cadabra Pretty_Kitty 04-28-08 1
 RE: Celebra Cadabra survivorscott 04-29-08 2
   RE: Celebra Cadabra ginger 05-01-08 3
       RE: Celebra Cadabra Estee 05-01-08 4
           RE: Celebra Cadabra ginger 05-02-08 5
               RE: Celebra Cadabra Buggy 05-03-08 7
 RE: Celebra Cadabra Buggy 05-03-08 6
   RE: Celebra Cadabra arkiegrl 05-03-08 8
       RE: Celebra Cadabra Buggy 05-03-08 9
           RE: Celebra Cadabra Estee 05-04-08 10
 You don't get rid of your villain i... Estee 05-05-08 11
 RE: Celebra Cadabra Agman2 03-11-16 12
   RE: Celebra Cadabra kidflash212 07-10-16 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-28-08, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Celebra Cadabra "
I caught most of this yesterday. Having been a teenager in the 80's I love me some Kid. I think Hal Sparks is hilarious.And Tommy Howell!! So what if he sucks he was my first lvoe so Id keep watching for him alone. Stay gold Ponyboy stay gold...

Carnie Wilson bugs the beejeezus out of me. Cant that woman do ANYTHING right? Im sooo glad shes gone.

Overall I found it mildly enjoyable. I'll probably catch it here and there but dont care enough to find out its regular time slot.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

survivorscott 2191 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-29-08, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail survivorscott Click to send private message to survivorscott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Celebra Cadabra "
How do you think Lisa Ann Walters felt when they told her, that her mentor was named "Silly Billy"?

Come in a stranger,leave a little stranger

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

05-01-08, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Celebra Cadabra "
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-08 AT 01:40 PM (EST)

Silly Billy is Creepy Eepy.

I thought Hal Sparks looked ceeyute with the longish hair.

I hate magic but wound up watching most of the episode. Clearly, Ant is being paid to be the designated schemer/just plain relishes playing the Dustin Diamond, the reverse of Ant's usual diplomatic host gig on Celebrity Boot Camp. His eeeeyvilness is not the least bit believable, but nothing in reality television is.

05-01-08, 01:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Celebra Cadabra "
I don't think Ant is eeeeevil (quick, Mermaid Man!): he just goes on power trips. This is similar to his performance when he was serving as an LCS audition judge: I make the calls, and I will make you suffer for every one I render.

And Hal does look good with that hairstyle, not to mention more like a magician.

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

05-02-08, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Celebra Cadabra "
Well, I think they probably said "Celebs?! One of you needs to be the villain so we can garner some ratings" and Ant went ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!

Plus he's always had that bitter beeyotch side to him; his Mr. Rogers bit on Boot Camp always seemed phoney.

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-08, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Celebra Cadabra "
I like Ant being a bitter beeeyotch, it amuses me.
He's best when he is ove the top.

05-03-08, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Celebra Cadabra "
I liked it, and will keep watching, it's junk food, but I'm okay with that.

Hal is always adorable, I watched the first episode just for him. My sister thinks his look is a spoof on Cris Angel.

Ant is definately the designated sh*t-stirrer, but I was kinda glad he made Carnie cry, her whineing was too much.

I went to the Magic Castle for my 21 birthday, it's nearly impossible to get in there ( private club), but my Aunt's boyfriend knew a member, he got us special passes. It was neat!

Remind me where I know Lisa Ann from.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

05-03-08, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Celebra Cadabra "
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-08 AT 05:08 PM (EST)

From her website:

"Lisa is a classically trained actress as well as a singer and comedian. She initially made a name for herself as a wildly popular act on the national comedy circuit. Lisa performed for Showtime at the Apollo and brought down the house followed by a performance by Run DMC.

She was the star and creator of the ABC series, Life's Work, which took a comic look at the life of Walter's character - a frantically busy lawyer doing the 90's plate spinning act of juggling job and family. She also received stellar reviews for her portrayal of the senior producer of a cable news station in the critically acclaimed drama Breaking News on Bravo. Recently she starred opposite Emeril Lagasse on NBC's comedy Emeril. Lisa also guest starred on HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm and was a frequent guest on Bill Maher's Politically Incorrect. She was the winner of the Comedian Special Ediition of Weakest Link showing her hidden talent for retaining trivia and finishing crossword puzzles.

As a movie star, Lisa starred in Disney's The Parent Trap. In this remake of the original classic, Lisa appears as the nanny to Lindsay Lohan. Prior to that, Lisa played Whoopi Goldbergs's tarty sidekick in the comedy Eddie. She was in Bruce Almighty, starred in the Miramax hit Shall We Dance? tearing up the dancefloor with Richard Gere, J-Lo and Stanley Tucci, and was recently seen in Spielberg's War of the Worlds. She is the star of the acclaimed indie feature The Trouble with Dee Dee. She is the star and producer of the all girl comedy DVD The Naughty Show, and is also proud of her work in an ensemble cast in Fox Searchlab's short film Farm Sluts."

05-03-08, 07:46 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Celebra Cadabra "
You are an ecellant researcher, Arkie!

Amd I know her from a bunch of those things, but I think it was the ABC sitcom that was stuck in my mind.

05-04-08, 07:34 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Celebra Cadabra "
On the reality side, she was also one of the judges for The Next Best Thing -- which might have been the funniest audition panel ever assembled.

05-05-08, 07:17 AM (EST)
11. "You don't get rid of your villain in the second episode!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-05-08 AT 07:23 AM (EST)

Apparently Ant thought this was a scripted series. Who knew?

And if he really has a phobia about clowns, it's because he's terrified of anything which might be funnier than he is. Unfortunately for him, that's everything...

Not exactly the smoothest of episodes for just about everyone. From Hal finding out that more people are afraid of butterflies than anyone might believe to Kimberly demonstrating the non-art of the false bottom, some of the performances became pretty ugly this time around -- but Ant took the cake. And the only reason he didn't wear the cake was that the icing might have been slippery around his feet. Start out with a fit at the costume shop, go drama queen during the instructional phase, incite a riot (with injuries) at the show, then accuse people of cheating before daring the judges to throw you off -- yes, Ant, we've all made up our minds now. If only the disappearance had been permanent.

Come to think of it, if each vanishing was forever, this could turn into the greatest reality series of all time...

Ketchup!

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-11-16, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Celebra Cadabra "
bump

kidflash212 4844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Celebra Cadabra "
up

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •