The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"RHoNY"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Real Housewives Forum (Protected)
Original message

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-25-09, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"RHoNY"
Real Housewives of New York...is anyone watching?
I really must ask: What is up with Kelly's face? It looks like the "after" picture of a sun-damage X-ray. She's not that old, and I think she could have her makeup applied better.

Also - Simon Van Kempen's website cites RTVW links in it:
http://www.mccordvankempen.com/blog.php
Its the link that is about 3/4 the way down.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: RHoNY weltek 03-26-09 1
   RE: RHoNY ginger 03-31-09 2
 RE: RHoNY aquariaqueen 03-31-09 3
   RE: RHoNY teacherkelly 04-01-09 4
       RE: RHoNY ARnutz 04-01-09 5
       RE: RHoNY aquariaqueen 04-01-09 6
           RE: RHoNY ginger 04-01-09 7
               RE: RHoNY lorimar3 04-01-09 8
   Weathered Kelly ARnutz 04-03-09 16
 RE: RHoNY dajaki 04-01-09 9
   RE: RHoNY aquariaqueen 04-02-09 10
       RE: RHoNY dajaki 04-02-09 11
       RH of Las Vegas teacherkelly 04-02-09 12
           RE: RH of Las Vegas aquariaqueen 04-03-09 13
       RE: RHoNY ginger 04-03-09 14
       RE: RHoNY ARnutz 04-03-09 15
           RE: RHoNY true 04-03-09 17
               RE: RHoNY ARnutz 04-04-09 18
 RE: RHoNY ARnutz 04-29-09 19
   RE: RHoNY Pretty_Kitty 04-30-09 20
   RE: RHoNY aquariaqueen 04-30-09 21
       RE: RHoNY ginger 05-08-09 22
           RE: RHoNY ARnutz 05-08-09 23
               RE: RHoNY JessicaRN 05-08-09 24
                   RE: RHoNY ARnutz 05-08-09 25
               I can't wait aquariaqueen 05-08-09 26
                   RE: I can't wait Abuela4 05-09-09 27
 RE: RHoNY bebejane 08-03-11 28
 RE: RHoNY Agman2 02-19-16 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-26-09, 11:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: RHoNY"
Such a bizzare group of people. I tune in sometimes when I'm in the mood to watch some drama. This cast seems to be the most cobbled together (personality-wise and social-wise), so I have a difficult time getting too into it.

LOL-it's cute that Simon has RTVW listed on his site! Apparently he's quite a web fan, as we just found out on an episode that it's where he and Alex met.

I used to really like Luann, but she's starting to show some true colors this season. Poor Bethany is surrounded by crazy people giving her advice! I'm sure Bethany is her own brand of crazy (she admits as much!), but she seems the most rational of them all.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-09, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: RHoNY"
LAST EDITED ON 03-31-09 AT 12:59 PM (EST)

The Discountess just got Dumped:

http://jezebel.com/5192252/will-real-housewife-countess-luann-lose-her-beloved-title

She was, apparently, the ole man's Fourth Wife. He is, apparently, a randy ole man.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-31-09, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: RHoNY"
I love these gals....who doesn't like a trainwreck from the comfort for their sofa???

Kelly....she looks so weathered, and honestly, not nearly as attractive as LuAnn or Bethenny.

JSlice special!!

teacherkelly 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-01-09, 08:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail teacherkelly Click to send private message to teacherkelly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: RHoNY"
Kelly is getting quite the edit. Last night's show made her look absolutely pathological. I am sure she cannot be pleased with how she is coming across. Maybe she should have a sit down with the producers and explain how they are not friends.

ARnutz 13914 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-09, 08:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: RHoNY"
Yes. Well. It may not be the editing. Personally, I think she is nutz. She does not fit in this show at all. She needs to go.

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2009/03/real_housewife_kelly_killoren.html

04-01-09, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: RHoNY"
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-09 AT 10:28 AM (EST)

Anyone else distracted by her always fumbling with her hair? LuAnn was a little taken back about Kelly setting Bethenny up.

ETA: The Mario/Ramona/Jill "thing" is over the top.
Loved the previews with Bethenny commenting on Jill's apt.

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

04-01-09, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: RHoNY"
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-09 AT 11:49 AM (EST)

Wow. Just wow. When I first saw the "I'm up here, you're down there" clip at the beginning of the season I assumed it was just edited to look more interesting and creepy than it would, with context, turn out to be. How wrong I was. Kelly invites B. to tell her they aren't friends? What was the point of that? Then showing up (drunk? medicated?) 30 minutes late and being incredibly awful. Like Beyond Valley of the Heathers? That was just pathelogical. Especially at the end, when Kelly clearly waited to pounce on Bethany for some type of last word.

Kelly made absolutely no sense and I, personally, would have had a hard time not smacking her upside the head at some point in that insane, bizzare conversation.

Her blog on Bravo recasts the whole thing and all the comments from viewers are suggestions that Kelly watch the episode for herself. She is either on some kind of medication (arthritis is "cute"? What weird, inappropriate responses she has to things) or is in need of some.

Luanne looks downright loveable to me now.
Sheesh.

lorimar3 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-01-09, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lorimar3 Click to send private message to lorimar3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: RHoNY"
Seriously hope Kelly is not on next season. She is totally into herself. She looks way older than she is and the way she twists and twirls her hair is annoying. I love Bethany and Jill and I must say the Countess is getting better. Ramona and Mario are perfect for eachother. They are both crazy!! Why does this tennis match mean so much to him? Why can't he just drop it? I hope Jill brings in someone like Andre Aggasi and they kick their butt. Ramona and Mario need to get over the things with Alex and Simon. The way i see it is they are who they are, love them or hate them, they don't have to answer to anyone, especially Ramona and Mario.

04-03-09, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Weathered Kelly"
Quote from this article:

The former model and tanning enthusiast went on to say that her main concern lies with how the legal proceedings are affecting her two daughters.

If she keeps it up, she could look like that old lady from "There's Something About Mary" soon! *snooort*

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-01-09, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: RHoNY"
LAST EDITED ON 04-02-09 AT 09:16 AM (EST)

This is the only Housewives that I watch. The OC women all look alike and drink too much, and I can't understand the accents of the Atlanteans (and that blonde is so garish that I can't even look at her).

Kelly is a bit nuts. And I agree that her skin is distracting. Either she tans too much, has a chronic, uncontrolled skin condition, or she's always getting chemical peels. And as for her tardiness to everything, Kelly needs to know that she is disrespectful, however unintentionally, every single time that she is late. And what's this about not lending her name to charitable causes? Aside from being a good mom, there's nothing she can do with her oh-so-precious time that's more valuable. I can't imagine how she maintains close friendships with anyone.

I like Bethenny and believe her when she said she would have apologized to Kelly if Kelly had approached her differently. We've seen Bethenny apologize before when she knows she stepped over a line. That being said, get over the Kelly flirting w/ ex deal. That's why an ex is an ex. Let it go.

And speaking of letting it go, Ramona and Mario need to get over the exposure of Alex's breasts. It's really no big deal in this day and age. Surely half the people in their social set have had one misadventure or another that's made the news. I go hot and cold with Ramona. Sometimes I think she's great and funny, other times I shake my head. Mario is creepy.

And Simon is creepy too, but in a different way. Someone needs to stop them from publishing the book they're writing on parenting. After last year's finale and the holy terror their children were free to wreak at a nice restaurant, parenting is obviously something they haven't mastered yet. Bethenny's comment about them writing a book about how to crawl through air ducts to get into the best parties was funny. So of the two couples, Ramona and Mario or Simon and Alex, I would be more likely to enjoy going out to dinner with the latter.

And speaking of parenting, I have to go deal with a crisis w/ my 4 year old.
**Edited to add following**
Okay, I wanted to get back to Alex and Simon. Like with Ramona, I also go hot and cold with these two. I like Alex. She is a bit of a social climber, but I don't know many people who wouldn't take advantage of her opportunities for making "connections". Often in this world it's not what you know, but who you know. I also like how they view the world from a more middle class perspective (living in cramped quarters in their home during renovation, considering a $119.99 pool on the patio as a Brooklyn, NY luxury) while still being able to live a life that seems wealthier than most (zipping off to St. Bart's, renting a house in the Hamptons, couture for the Met). But then, they may be in debt up to their eyeballs.

Jill is a trip. I like her a lot, but she definitely lives in the world of the uber-rich. This occasionally translates to snobbiness. She seems the type, though, that if she's your friend, she's a very faithful friend who would give you the shirt off her back.

And finally Luann. Luann obviously values her position, her wealth, and her image. She has the most consistent portrayal on the show. I like that she doesn't beat around the bush, but it seems that every conversation she's in includes an etiquette lesson. I think, should the divorce finalize, she would make an excellent headmistress at a boarding school. She would turn out young ladies and gentlemen who would epitomize all the social graces (while inwardly seething with resentment).

04-02-09, 08:54 AM (EST)
10. "RE: RHoNY"
And now they're mentioning a Housewive of New Jersey!!! Seems to me that NJ would be too similar to NYC. Try St. Louis, Kansas City, Denver or maybe even Chicaco.

I just got to thinking. Kelly set up this date with Bethenny to lamblast her, but even Bethenny set up a lunch date with LuAnn to tell her how she felt about the "retouch" comment. But Bethenny didn't have that big of a slap down with LuAnn. And I also believe that Bethenny would have apologized for being so curt to Kelly, even though she will always continue to throw the zingers at anyone. It's her way.

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

04-02-09, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: RHoNY"
The difference with Kelly, though, is that Kelly was 30 minutes late to Bethenny's tar and feathering. I wouldn't have waited more than 15 minutes. Also, Kelly's tone was caustic, arrogant and showed an utter disconnect between who she is (admittedly, based on what I know from the editing) and who she perceives herself to be.

Bethenny's annoyance with Luann was just that, annoyance. Bethenny is too sensitive about her appearance and perceives insult where none is intended. If I was to be on the cover of a local magazine and Luann mentioned retouching, my response would be "God, I hope so. I want them to make my butt look as high as Kate Winslet's on the cover of Vanity Fair!"

teacherkelly 179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-02-09, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail teacherkelly Click to send private message to teacherkelly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RH of Las Vegas"
My friend's sister lives in Vegas and there was a notice in the paper about casting for the series. I don't know how far along in the process they are, but it looks like Sin City will be the next RH.

04-03-09, 07:26 AM (EST)
13. "RE: RH of Las Vegas"
Now THAT could be interesting!!!

JSlice special!!

04-03-09, 02:20 PM (EST)
14. "RE: RHoNY"
The New Jersey housewives are filming - they are almost all related in some way shape or form and all remind me, at least in the one article I saw, of extras from Goodfellas. NOT that I'm stereotyping or anything...

Actually, I am. But they appear to fulfill the promise.

04-03-09, 04:21 PM (EST)
15. "RE: RHoNY"
Seems to me that NJ would be too similar to NYC.

As a New Jerseyan who is a former New Yorker...

Nope. They will be waaaaay different! Not even close, I think.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

04-03-09, 07:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: RHoNY"
Nope. They will be waaaaay different! Not even close, I think.

Except for the horrible accents. (sorry Nutz, but to a midwesterner, those heavy NY/NJ accents are really grating)

04-04-09, 08:33 AM (EST)
18. "RE: RHoNY"
Not all of us sound like Jill and Ramona! LOL!

...and I definitely don't sound like Tony Soprano and that bunch, but I think the RHoNJ will!

I live in the southern half of the state and you can definitely tell the difference between a northern NJ resident and us folks down here.

04-29-09, 06:32 PM (EST)
19. "RE: RHoNY"
Is Kelly crazy loco bananas or what?

She is in denial about reaming Bethenny out previously and then she tells her to just ask and they can talk whenever, but when Bethenny says "that's what this is", Kelly says stop!

The looney bird has to go! IMO!

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-30-09, 07:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: RHoNY"
Im not really sure why Kelly is there. What a waste of space. How many woman in NYC and they pick her?! I just want her off my TV! Im tired of these hags. Bring on Jersey!

04-30-09, 10:40 AM (EST)
21. "RE: RHoNY"
I so wanted Bethenny to ##### slap Kelly. Now THAT would be good TV.

Even LuAnn had a good time going over Kelly's head about putting her hair down!!!

We're given pretty good previews for next week at the charity event.....hope it's not smoke and mirrors.

05-08-09, 03:08 PM (EST)
22. "RE: RHoNY"
I am really looking forward to the reunion show.

Kelly is such a nutbeeyotch that I am feeling fond of the Countess, by comparison.

05-08-09, 04:55 PM (EST)
23. "RE: RHoNY"
Me too. I can't wait. This one will be two nights, both Tuesday and Thursday.

I am hoping they will tell us Kelly has been axed.

Icey bounced me!

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-08-09, 06:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: RHoNY"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-09 AT 00:21 AM (EST)

I agree about Kelly, but I think that Bethany fell a bit in my eyes at the charity event. Maybe the whole signage thing was a misunderstanding, but that was not the time or place to pursue it. She seemed kind of desperate to me and I usually like her.

(Love how none of them ever think that they are talking behind the other's backs).

05-08-09, 06:44 PM (EST)
25. "RE: RHoNY"
Totally agree, but perhaps it was staged - or blown out of proportion - to cause more drama? After all, it was the season finale and they want to get us to watch the reunion.

05-08-09, 08:55 PM (EST)
26. "I can't wait"
The reunion show is going to be awesome.
I'm somewhat surprised that they're going to include LuAnn's marital problems as well.

Abuela4 7 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-09, 11:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Abuela4 Click to send private message to Abuela4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: I can't wait"
I think they had to address LuAnn's divorce - since news of it has been in the tabloids. But it looks like the real fireworks will be between Kelly and everyone else!

I just wonder how they feel when they finally see the final product and how they have been edited for TV......

bebejane 1 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-11, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bebejane Click to send private message to bebejane Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: RHoNY"
I am sick of the current HWNY and it needs to totally be recast.

Agman2 1943 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

02-19-16, 04:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: RHoNY"
Yo, Hoobie was here

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •