The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The post-separation shows"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Jon & Kate Plus 8 Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-31-09, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The post-separation shows"
You know, this could be interesting, if they were to be more honest about how the kids live. I mean, lots of couples divorce, and the relationship of both parents to the kids changes.

I'm interested in how much help the Gosselins have. I'm interested in how things actually get done in their household. But I expect that we'll see a series of prepared shows in which each parent appears to be doing it all by himself or herself.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The post-separation shows JessicaRN 07-31-09 1
 RE: The post-separation shows AyaK 08-04-09 2
   RE: The post-separation shows canuklady 08-04-09 3
       RE: The post-separation shows HobbsofMI 08-04-09 5
           RE: The post-separation shows AyaK 08-04-09 7
   RE: The post-separation shows HobbsofMI 08-04-09 4
       RE: The post-separation shows AyaK 08-04-09 6
           RE: The post-separation shows canuklady 08-04-09 8
       RE: The post-separation shows samboohoo 08-05-09 10
           RE: The post-separation shows AyaK 08-05-09 11
               RE: The post-separation shows HobbsofMI 08-05-09 12
 RE: The post-separation shows samboohoo 08-05-09 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-31-09, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The post-separation shows"
What happened to the other whole seasons of shows that were made and never aired. Are we going to see those, but just slightly edited? I think TLC is going to try to put the best face possible on these shows and it is just to soon.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-04-09, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The post-separation shows"
The first two ran. The renovation show was moderately interesting, having been filmed largely before the split, as Kate refused to allow her admitted lack of knowledge about renovations to stop her trashing of Jon ("What planet are you from?"), despite his prior experience in the area.

The second episode, the camping trip, was a complete sham. You can't pretend to be "supermom" when you're surrounded by help, but that DIDN'T STOP Kate.

canuklady 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-04-09, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail canuklady Click to send private message to canuklady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The post-separation shows"
Wow..you sure don't care for Kate huh? LOL!! Actually, given just how much of a twit Jon has been lately, I give Kate credit for even being in the same room as him!! And of course she has help. Would you be able to handle 8 kids all by yourself? Do you honestly think that Jon doesn't have help when it's his turn with the kids? (That's when he spares some time for them of course).

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-09, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The post-separation shows"
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-09 AT 01:25 PM (EST)

But the first 3 seasons they had a ton of family and neighbors that helped and it made it real. Then it came out that they had nannies/helpers/cooks/etc. the whole time while they played it up how hard it was with 8 kids. Kate especially does this over and over for the camera. Yes, they can't do it alone but TLC never shows it and sells it as they are on their own.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

08-04-09, 01:57 PM (EST)
7. "RE: The post-separation shows"
Right. The fact that they have help doesn't bother me. What bothers me is Kate's continual whining that she has to do it all and "be both mommy and daddy".

In a pig's eye. The show was much more fun when it focused on the kids and acknowledged all the help. In seasons 3 & 4, it focused more on the parents, and it wasn't as much fun.

The camping episode was actually fun when Kate got off-camera. The kids are still cute. Kate and Jon aren't and never were.

08-04-09, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The post-separation shows"
I was passing threw on the midnight repeat of the 1st hour. That was enough for me and I'm totally done with this show now.

I do love that if a suggestion comes from Kate to Jon or Jon to Kate they get shot down right away and Kate will belittle the heck out of Jon but 10 seconds later when the same thought comes from a 3rd party it's a great idea.

I do find myself looking for the help now and I think while they were at the beach I saw at least 3 different nannies/helpers and Kate went out of her way to wear a different suit everyday IMHO.

08-04-09, 01:52 PM (EST)
6. "RE: The post-separation shows"
In seasons 3 & 4, I felt like Kate really wanted to have the show reflect her as "Superwoman", instead of as an insanely-demanding control freak who is the only person permitted to have an idea in her family.

I particularly loved the fact that, in the first episode, she only named one of the two other people who helped her pack the kitchen. And in the camping episode, the production assistants put up one tent and fixed the other, and a helper (Ashley?) was there with them -- the only thing Kate seemed to do all by herself (although she pretended otherwise) was demand that the kids take baths before sleeping out.

Show of hands: how many of you ever took baths before camping out for one night?

Didn't think so.

canuklady 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-04-09, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail canuklady Click to send private message to canuklady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The post-separation shows"
My family spent many, many years camping on our vacations. Believe me, at that age, if I'd been covered in the same gooey mess (thanks to Smores), my Mom would've found some way of bathing me. Kids covered in that stuff would've invited every bug in the neighbourhood into the tent!! Ugh!!

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-09, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The post-separation shows"
She identified the helpers in the kitchen cleanup, and I saw one with her at the beach. I didn't feel like she tried to hide anything there. And if I had her body after 8 kids (tummy tuck) or not, I'd show it.

Not sure about the different suits. When we are at the beach for a week, I rotate my suits daily. Especially after being in sans, salt water and a pool all day. My at the beach, I wash them everyday and let them air dry. And I avoid putting on a wet bathing suit at all costs.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

08-05-09, 07:27 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The post-separation shows"
LAST EDITED ON 08-05-09 AT 07:28 PM (EST)

I'll agree on the suits.

But no, she only identified one of the helpers on the kitchen cleanup. The other was just "another woman", to quote Kate.

08-05-09, 10:31 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The post-separation shows"
Well the tabs had here never in the water and she knew they were there and seemed to make sure she was in the clear for shots.

I could see rotating two suits....but two weeks worth?

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-09, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The post-separation shows"
Just watched the beach one last night.

I did cringe when Kate was being a b!tch about the ideas. I thought on that issue, Jon was completely normal and great. One of the things that irked me about her was how she has been vocal about Jon's "not knowing what he wants to do in life, etc., Jon's cluelessness, etc." Here was a time she really could and should have deferred to him or even just listened.

Having said that, I will cut her a little slack simply based on the timing of when was filmed. I can't imagine what they were both thinking and feeling at the time.

I think the beach was a goo choice for her for more reasons than just the renovation. And I think she stuck it out during the reno process for longer than I expected.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •