The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Open questions for those claiming Jon & Kate should never divorce"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Jon & Kate Plus 8 Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-26-09, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Open questions for those claiming Jon & Kate should never divorce"
Assume that their personal appearance exactly matches what you're most attracted to and then ask yourself this:

Given what you know of both their personalities, would you ever have married either one?

And if you somehow had, would you personally be able to stay with them?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Open questions for those claimi... HobbsofMI 06-26-09 1
   RE: Open questions for those claimi... JessicaRN 06-26-09 2
 RE: Open questions for those claimi... samboohoo 06-26-09 3
 RE: Open questions for those claimi... zombiebaby 06-26-09 4
 RE: Open questions for those claimi... Colonel Zoidberg 06-27-09 5
   RE: Open questions for those claimi... AyaK 06-27-09 6
 RE: Open questions for those claimi... Snidget 06-27-09 7
 RE: Open questions for those claimi... newsomewayne 07-15-09 8
   RE: Open questions for those claimi... Estee 07-15-09 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-09, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Open questions for those claiming Jon & Kate should never divorce"
*opens a six pack and waits with Estee* This should be entertaining.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-26-09, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Open questions for those claiming Jon & Kate should never divorce"
I would have been more likely to marry Jon, because of his laid back personality. My own husband is also laid back (not as bad as Jon) and it is one thing that attracted me to him and it is also one thing that sometimes drives me crazy now. Although, right now, Jon seems pretty passive aggressive.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-09, 04:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Open questions for those claiming Jon & Kate should never divorce"
I'm not sure I see any other avenue for them to pursue but divorce. I wish that they could turn back the clock because I do think there was a real relationship there, and I think at one point, they had a happy life. I wish Kate could have looked at herself from the outside a little more, and I wish Jon could have followed his own head/heart and not succumed to others' thoughts about his life. It would have been nice if they could have tried to fix this together and fought through it, but they didn't, and I'm not sure they could ever pick up these pieces.

Jon is not someone I would have ever been attracted to in the first place. Maybe a brief physical attraction, but nothing else really. So no, I don't think I could have ever married him.

Kate. *sighs* There is so much I can appreciate about Kate when it comes to organization and cleanliness and order (to a certain extent), but then there is the other part of Kate that I would totally not be able to live with - that bossy, domineering kind of woman.

If I had married either one, I can honestly say that I would have tried to grab the wheel when the car started to go off course. And, given the children factor, I would have had to suck it up and do everything I could to make it an amicable parting.

IMO, Jon has completely capitalized on the public's perception that Kate is a complete and utter beyotch, and Kate has done everything to play into that perception. They could have done so much better by their children, and they chose not to, and I have zero campassion and zero respect for that.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

zombiebaby 7355 desperate attention whore postings

06-26-09, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Open questions for those claiming Jon & Kate should never divorce"
While I don't think I find anything really attractive about either I can see where they would have, at one time been a good match.

He is laid back and needs someone on his #####. She needs someone to tell her when to chill. Unfortunately I think both of them went to far to each extreme.

Physically I think they are both good looking though. Of course they could use some tweaks.

Bottom line is that I don't want to say they should NOT divorce because I don't know what they have tried to do to save the marriage. I'm hoping they can be better parents this way than they have been.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-27-09, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Open questions for those claiming Jon & Kate should never divorce"
I stick with my own wife, and she's far from perfect...the fact is, we don't know what kind of counseling they went through, what steps they took to try to save their marriage, and just how seriously they take their marital vows.

We have reports of both Jon and Kate being unfaithful. Nothing confirmed, certainly not by either party, but enough to make tabloid headlines for sure. We have rumors of Kate being abusive to the children, and we have seen a lot of Kate's verbal jabs at Jon. Certainly there's a lot of reason for them to want a divorce.

I see it through a little different set of eyes - as a child of a divorce. A nasty, brutal, who-gives-a-damn-about-the-children-I-want-mine-and-to-hell-with-you divorce. In third grade, I sat nervously one day in school all day unable to concentrate because it was the date of my parents' custody hearing. The teacher knew exactly why I was a wreck. And finally, the end of the day came, and the first thing I wanted to know was what the judge decided - and to my horror, the judge delayed the decision two months, which is about eight months in third-grader years. (To make matters worse, the judge delayed it again later.)

I grew up with a shattered family, two factions who would have been thrilled with the other falling into a meat grinder and dying, a delicate balancing act, and a hell of a lot of resentment. To this day, I don't have much of a relationship with either parent. I even swore growing up I would never get married due to the inevitability of a divorce (my father's parents went through the same thing only worse, and my mother's parents almost went through the same thing only to end up still married in name only for the past 20 years.) Years of dealing with petty jabs, parents' snide remarks toward each other right in front of me without a second thought, and visitation schedules that often made government regulations seem simple by comparison turned me into a bitter, self-hating shell of a child who vowed that I would never repeat the same mistakes of my parents - but yet, I feel as though I've headed down that road already.

Multiply my story times eight, add in the effects of childhood stardom, and factor in the life of a large family of multiples, and this is the fate of Jon and Kate's brood, or at least a couple of them. Bitter, angry, anxious, poorly-adjusted, unable to commit to anything, and hating their childhood. Because I can tell right now that this divorce isn't going to be like so many "pleasant" divorces in which the parents can still salvage a friendship. We're looking at the sequel to Jon and Kate Plus 8 being titled Jon vs. Kate: World War VIII. You better go and get your armor.

The million-dollar question, though, is what things would be like if they stayed married. Obviously, we won't know the answer to that question. There are a million sources out there to help people save their marriages. (For those of you who read episode 1 of my Big Brother story or who have otherwise heard of it, "The Love Dare" is real, I own a copy, and the success is probably dependent entirely on how dedicated the user is to it.)

I guess some things are best left unsaid, like what they said in their counseling sessions, which I hope to God they did. I can only hope they aren't taking this lightly. But something tells me that this is just another celebrity marriage thrown away like an old pair of shoes.

And the sad thing is, they won't be the ones to pay the real price. Their kids will. And I doubt they even care.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-09, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Open questions for those claiming Jon & Kate should never divorce"
Well-stated. Thank you.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-09, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Open questions for those claiming Jon & Kate should never divorce"
I want them to stay married for the sake of all other humans on the planet.

They've already inflicted themselves on each other and why should anyone else have to suffer?

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

07-15-09, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Open questions for those claiming Jon & Kate should never divorce"
Yes.

Yes.

I committed to marriage because I loved. I love who I married because I am committed.

Stomach-turning sigs by Sharnina, 2007

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

07-15-09, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Open questions for those claiming Jon & Kate should never divorce"
*nods sagely* I suspected you'd been committed for a long time.

Five, four, three...

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •