The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Why all the dissatisfaction?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Temptation Island Everything (Protected)
Original message

texasgal1 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-16-02, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail texasgal1 Click to send private message to texasgal1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Why all the dissatisfaction?"
I thought the finale was great!!!!

Now granted, I didn't agree with everyone's choices, but for entertainment value alone I thought it was FANTABULOUS.

Let's start with Mark and Kelly. I have liked Kelly all along; I thought Mark was just kind of lame and boring. For a latecomer in the show, I thought Kelly did quite well for herself, and she scored extra points by pursuing Ali. I have no idea why everyone thinks they are a fake couple; I absolutely do not think that. Mark's speech had me throwing things at the TV. His constant, "I do want you even though you are lacking a lot of things," "Despite what you lack, I still want to be with you" comments disgusted me. I am glad that he got dumped on his ass. I thought Kelly's speech was really good, not bitter, and at the same time it didn't seem like she was just going to jump into another relationship. Go Kelly!

Shannon and John: I bitched about Shannon this entire time, but I do think she gave a nice final speech. I really believe she will appreciate him more. Her judgment of the other girls really pissed me off, but I think a lot of that comes from her own fears of what might be going on on the other side of the island, plus the fact that she lived with Genevieve at first. This was the most boring pair on this episode though; everyone knew they'd stay together. I do like that John said such nice things about Nayla.

Catherine and Edmundo: I threw my friend's hat at the TV. This was possibly the most entertaining yet the one that infuriated me the most. Here I have been sticking up for Catherine on this message board, saying I like how she carries herself, she can do better, blah blah blah - I TAKE IT BACK!!!! Edmundo sounded like a drunken idiot; I couldn't even understand if he wanted to break up or stay together ... he seemed to be saying both to save face in case C. dumped his ass. Catherine's speech started out strong, and I really thought she would dump him. When she said "and I want to apply that to our relationship" ... no comment necessary; my jaw dropped to the floor. Then they just sat there for like 5 minutes not saying anything or hugging or crying or showing any emotion, until pathetic catherine reaches over to take his hand and press her breasts against him. BLECHHHHH! I don't care that they ended up breaking up afterwards. She lost her cool right then and there.

Nikkole and Tommy ... why is everyone so pissed? This went as well as it could have, in my opinion. Tommy did not try to make Nikkole jealous; he admitted not having made any particular connections even though he was attracted to some of the girls. He admitted messing up by not sending her a video. He SAID that he thinks they are both good people but bring out bad sides of each other - what a mature thing to say! And the icing on the cake: he said he thinks it would be best, especially for her if they did end it, even though he doesn't want to. In reply Nikkole was completely honest about how she felt, what she saw, why she ran to Tommy NY, and she DID break up with him. They are NOT back together, as they said on TV. And as for the people claiming they had sex - how the hell do you know? Have you never messed around in someone's bed and not had sex before? I think they were both telling the truth.

Don't ask me why I care so much. Just stating my opinion. Yay temptation island ... I thought it was great!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Why all the dissatisfaction? FordChickJLH 02-18-02 1
 RE: Why all the dissatisfaction? SurvivinDawg 02-18-02 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FordChickJLH 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-18-02, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FordChickJLH Click to send private message to FordChickJLH Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Why all the dissatisfaction?"
I completely agree with you! I loved the ending...in fact, I loved all the episodes. I hate that everyone says that they hate the show and it sucks. I oved it and I hope there are more episodes to come in the future.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

SurvivinDawg 6816 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-18-02, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivinDawg Click to send private message to SurvivinDawg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Why all the dissatisfaction?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-18-02 AT 07:06 PM (EST)

First, I liked the show just fine, otherwise I wouldn't have kept watching it. I certainly liked TI2 better than I liked Survivor III. That being said:

I have no idea why everyone thinks they are a fake couple; I absolutely do not think that.

Well, not everyone thinks that. It was my (wild) idea that they might not be real. The reasons I suggested it (besides my normal skepticism) were because of the way they looked and acted:

The very fact that they were replacements and late to the party meant that they couldn't experience what the other couples had experienced and were experiencing. It wouldn't seem fair to introduce them so late... unless they weren't really a committed couple, but a TV couple. To that end, also, they just looked like that perfect "Ken and Barbie" couple.

Kelly immediately became a party girl when she got to the resort.

If memory serves me correctly, Mark said he was a policeman(?), but he really didn't seem to act like one. If you ask "what's a cop supposed to act like?", I'll have a tough time putting it into words, but I know many police officers (and former police officers), and Mark just didn't "fit" what I've come to expect.

They didn't bother to look at videos of each other the first one or two times at bonfire. They did look later on, but I got the feeling that the show personnel suggested to them to watch.

They broke up at bonfire with lots of "drama.", very predictably.

HOWEVER, someone posted an excellent suggestion that this was an abusive relationship, which also fits a lot of things (including some of what I've posted above). So maybe it was real and Kelly took her chance to get out of the relationship while she safely could in front of the cameras.

I bitched about Shannon this entire time, but I do think she gave a nice final speech. I really believe she will appreciate him more.

I must respectfully disagree. When I saw that John had that letter from Shannon all along (which he really should not have been allowed to have), I realized that he never got the opportunity to get out of her influence. Without that, he might have expanded his relationship with Nayla. If anything, Shannon has John more whipped than he was before.

You are right about Cat and Edmundo: He had to go first and clearly wanted to preserve his options. If Cat had gone first, Edmundo's speech would have been totally different. Cat's speech appeared prepared and rehearsed (by her, mind you) and she went ahead and gave it on-camera, but off-camera they both said what they really felt and thus broke up.

I agree with you about Nikkole and Tommy. It wasn't that bad. However, I fully believe Nikkole and TommyNY had sex and that she lied about it. I also believe that Catherine and Brian had sex. How do I know? I don't, but what we did see on camera, and body language during that last bonfire, make me believe it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

*** Contradictions don't exist. If you are faced with a contradiction, check your premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. -- Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •