The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TV Guide Interview -- Hilary"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Temptation Island Everything (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-04-02, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TV Guide Interview -- Hilary"
Here's the other interview from TV Guide Online, of Hilary:

http://www.tvguide.com/newsgossip/insider/011130c.asp

Island Temptress: Jealous Much?
Friday, November 30, 2001

So much about Temptation Island 2 is unbelievable that it's hard to say what, exactly, is the biggest shock. Could it be the fact that, even knowing the he- and shenanigans that were destined to take place, four more committed couples signed up for mutually sanctioned singlehood? Perhaps it's the seemingly endless supply of hard-bodied professionals who are not only willing but eager to go one-on-one with a budding two-timer? Or, how about those ratings, lower this year than last, even though instances of sinfulness have risen to an orgiastic, all-time high? Nah. For our money, the most stunning development of the Fox series's second season (airing Thursdays at 9 pm/ET) has been the revelation of fresh-faced femme fatale Hilary Mills's jealousy. Though cast as a reality-show relationship spoiler, the perky blonde seductress nonetheless turned green with envy upon catching her crush — Catherine's boyfriend, Edmundo — canoodling with a couple of other hotties at a poolside free-for-all. "Hello?! He's there to play the swinging bachelor!" we wanted to yell at her. And when the good-natured 24-year-old grad student rang up TV Guide Online, we pretty much did just that. — Charlie Mason

TV Guide Online: You came to Temptation Island for the sole purpose of enticing men who already were in relationships. So how on Earth could you get jealous when Edmundo got busy with some other girls?

Mills: It wasn't so much that I was really jealous. I was more upset about everything that was happening. Amanda and a couple of the others were getting sort of... <carried away>. That's why I walked off and went to the beach. We were just hanging out and having a good time, then it got a little weird.

TVGO: In last night's episode, you and Edmundo obviously became a great deal more intimate. At any point, did you feel guilty about making a play for another woman's man?

Mills: Edmundo's a big boy — he knows what he's doing. And the thing is, I was just there to have fun and let him experience something that maybe he's never experienced before. Maybe I have qualities that Catherine doesn't. So it was a big adventure for him, and it was good that he had the opportunity. That's what this whole experience was about <for the duos> — to meet other people and learn from that.

TVGO: Let's put the flip-flop on the other foot — how would you react if another girl went after a guy of yours?

Mills: Well, see, I'd be a little upset if it was a normal-life situation, but this is a setting that they put themselves in to test themselves. Edmundo made a point of opening up. So I'm sure I'd still be upset, like Catherine was, but at the same time, that's why he was there.

TVGO: Since you knew from the outset that the only guys you were going to meet on the show already were spoken for, what was the appeal of taking part?

Mills: They weren't married. They were couples, but they were at the point where they needed to decide what direction they were going in, and <they tried to do that by temporarily> being in an open relationship and being willing to see if what they have is really what they want to have. So I more or less went to help them.

TVGO: Speaking hypothetically, it's, say, two years from now, and you and Edmundo — or any beau — have gotten pretty serious. Would you go back to Temptation Island to test his devotion?

Mills: I think so. It really depends on the other person, because it's a two-way-street kind of thing. But I'd be open. I'm seeing somebody now... but I'm not really at that point. Life is a big test as it is, with everyone you meet, but at least this was a controlled environment. We were like little mice <in a lab>.

TVGO: Can you imagine someday having to tell your children that you met their daddy when you broke up his romance on national TV?

Mills: (Laughs) That'd be a little crazy. But I think 40 or 50 years from now, I'm going to look back on this and think it's the greatest thing. I do now.

TVGO: Speaking of kids, how have your folks handled seeing their little girl in such an adult scenario?

Mills: My father was a little iffy at first, but he's great about it now that he's seen... the way they portrayed me on the show <accurately, as a decent human being>. And my mother... she's very supportive. She was like, "Oh, if I was 24 again, I'd do it!"

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •