The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"No TI3?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Temptation Island Everything (Protected)
Original message

Jc7676 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-17-02, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jc7676 Click to send private message to Jc7676 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"No TI3?"
I just heard a rumor that Fox plans to discontinue the show after this season due to poor ratings. Does anyone know the truth?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 What??! Survivorchick 01-18-02 1
   RE: What??! shakes the clown 01-18-02 2
       RE: What??! Jc7676 01-18-02 3
           The ratings AyaK 01-18-02 4
       RE: What??! kimberlydc 01-19-02 5
 RE: No TI3? neva4getme 01-23-02 6
   Oy VioletM 01-23-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-18-02, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorchick Click to send private message to Survivorchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "What??!"
Low ratings? Are you serious?

People just pretend to not watch this show because it's embarrassing to admit that you watch such trash. But I was actually at a "TI2 party" last night. That's right! I know enough people that watch this show in my little corner of Vancouver to be going to parties with a TI2 theme. Granted, the point is to mock the show and the stupidity of the contestants, but still. I hope they do a TI3!

Survivorchick

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-18-02, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What??!"
>Low ratings? Are you serious?
>
>People just pretend to not watch
>this show because it's embarrassing
>to admit that you watch
>such trash.

..pretend or not pretend, you can't argue with the ratings and for this show they are absolutely abysmal (sp?). Last night's show drew a mere 3.5/5 which means helped TIT finish in dead last for the hour. Also, that 3.5 is roughly the same numbers that The Mole, Boot Camp and Murder in Small Town X were receiving, and those shows are considered the biggest flops of the Reality TV 2001 season.

What makes the ratings for TIT even more laughable is the fact that this is NOT a brand new show, this is a second edition of a show that drew over 20 million viewers for its finale last year and yet, they can barely draw 5 million for this edition. That is what makes TIT without a doubt the biggest flop in the history or reality tv.

I wouldn't be surprised if FOX simply drops the series right now and doesn't even bother showing the final few episodes.

And I'm not saying it is the fault of the show, I myself find it to be far more entertaining than Survivor, but the facts are becoming clear that anything FOX touches turns to sh!t. Just look at the show 24, which IMO is the most entertaining and creative show that I have EVER seen and yet, it is a compete ratings bomb.

With the exception of The Simpsons and Malcom in the Middle, every show on FOX has underperformed this year despite the fact that quality-wise the FOX shows are just as good if not better than their network counterparts. With that fact, it makes it clear that the one consistent variable in all these FOX bombs is the presence of FOX itself which ought to answer anyones questions as to why these shows do so poorly. Blame it all on FOX, they obviously don't know what they are doing.

Jc7676 6 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-02, 03:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jc7676 Click to send private message to Jc7676 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What??!"
Good call Shakes. Fox ruins everything they touch these days.

Speaking of shows they are killing, it sickens me how they put "The Family Guy" a really good but little know show up against monsters like Friends and Survivor. Why can't they just put it on Sunday and get rid of that Futurama crap?

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-18-02, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "The ratings"
Just to confirm shakes' point, here are yesterday's ratings from zap2it.com:

CBS jumped to the top at 9 p.m. with a new "CSI" dominating the hour with a 14.9/22, defeating new episodes of "Will & Grace" (11.2/17) and "Just Shoot Me" (10.0/15) on NBC. ABC followed with "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" (5.9/9), with UPN taking fourth. The WB's "Charmed" (4.1/6) edged the return of FOX's "Temptation Island 2" (3.4/5) for fifth.

See, the UPN show was apparently too insignificant to name ... and yet it still beat out "Charmed," and "Charmed" beat out "TIT"!

kimberlydc 8 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-02, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kimberlydc Click to send private message to kimberlydc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What??!"
you got to admit this show is better than love cruise..lol no offense shakes

And this one time at band camp.......

neva4getme 3 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-02, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail neva4getme Click to send private message to neva4getme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: No TI3?"
I'm surprised too that it's not doing well. I just went to the Dominican Republic and everyone I met watches it! We had all set our VCR's so we didn't miss the episode. I'm from Canada though, so maybe we're not included in the ratings.

VioletM 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

01-23-02, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VioletM Click to send private message to VioletM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Oy"
This means that if they ever should come to have some international version of the show for overseas ratings, I'm going to be begging tapes off of you!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •