The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Kid Nation Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-14-07, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
Please keep all discussion of whatever they are told to do in order to shake things up this week on this thread until the show has aired on the West Coast.

No sig pics, or else. Deal with it.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coas... Snidget 11-14-07 1
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coas... Snidget 11-14-07 2
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coas... Snidget 11-14-07 3
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coas... Snidget 11-14-07 4
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coas... CTgirl 11-15-07 11
       RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coas... Agman2 01-15-16 23
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coas... Snidget 11-14-07 5
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coas... Snidget 11-14-07 6
 The real fights begin. Estee 11-14-07 7
   RE: The real fights begin. Snidget 11-15-07 9
       RE: The real fights begin. Estee 11-15-07 15
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coas... jbug 11-14-07 8
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coas... Snidget 11-15-07 10
       RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coas... michel 11-15-07 17
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coas... CTgirl 11-15-07 12
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coas... brvnkrz 11-15-07 13
       RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coas... Estee 11-15-07 14
           RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coas... RoadrageinWY 12-15-07 21
               RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coas... dabo 12-17-07 22
   RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coas... michel 11-15-07 18
       RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coas... CTgirl 11-15-07 19
 Maybe it's the seat. Estee 11-15-07 16
 RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coas... mattben 11-15-07 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-14-07, 08:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
Recaps of last week.

"Not Even Close to Fair" Title of the episode.

Green district has a lot of gold stars, people thinking it not fair.

Off to the book. You know the people in city well. Who is strong, who works well. Mix up your districts to make your town better than ours.

Laurel is not happy about the idea, but some of the other leaders think it could be a good idea.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-14-07, 08:32 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-07 AT 08:33 PM (EST)

Emily hates the red district and won't help out.

They want to make things be equal and fair. Anjay wants Emily. Guyland wants Nathan. Zach complains he has no hard workers..

Laurel doesn't want to split up anything about her district, they work well together and 4 gold star winners. It isn't fair to have one perfect district and 3 lousy ones.

Jared not happy when Guylan said they need intellectual people. They don't like that Nathan is not a team player. Emily goes to the Blue district. Yellow needs manpower so he takes Blane. Blue district not happy. Blane knows the yellow district needs help. Laurel keeps the green district the same and everyone says that isn't fair. Greg says he wouldn't have let Laurel get away with it.

Blaine says he will get more credit if he is out of Greg's shadow. He thinks Greg is a little bit immature about the whole thing.

Blue team wants to whip Emily into shape. Nathan not happy about the move, and red people say he won't work well. Everyone is unhappy about the Guylan's decision. Jared tells him to lock his cell door tonight. Jared is calling for a change. Alex says the districts are more unequal than ever. Wow there is a lot of Nathan hate.

Kid I don't think I've seen before from green district has a meeting with the religion. Mike feels like a hypocrite after the bible reading. Mike goes to talk to Nathan and he apologizes for his and his teams behavior.

Anjay tries to pep talk them before the Showdown and Greg says he is being insulted and he is going to hit Anjay.

11-14-07, 08:47 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
They think it is time to get Anjay out of the council and he is feeling really bad about it.

Today's Showdown.

Laurel says they were fine the way there were and maybe the other council members could have done the same.

Today's challenge about equality and fairness. Load the sled with as many rocks as you want then drag it across. One big question they have to ask themselves, how many rocks do you want to drag. Only get the reward if the whole town drags a ton. So will you carry your weight to help the city win the reward, or carry as little as possible so you can be sure to be in first place.

Once you go over the starting line you can't add more weight.

Yellow team wants to take less except for Blane. Laurel's team will start with all the rocks and take a few out if they need to. Blue out of the gate first. Yellow moving out next. Green cannot move their sled. Red still loading rocks. Green can finally move their sled. REd moving a lot of rocks.

Blue way ahead of everyone else. Yellow starting to move. Zach says Blaine really brought some manpower to their district. Greg thinks maybe they weren't pulling their weight. Blaine likes being out of Greg's shadow.

Blue district is the upper class. Anjay feels stupid and they tell him to stop being negative. Yellow district is the merchant class. Blaine proud of his district that they worked hard with kids. Red team didn't care if they are laborers just want to work for the city. Green district are the cooks. Host tells them to cheer on Red and give their support because they really took a lot of rocks. They really wanted the reward.

The weighing of the rocks.

Blue puts their rocks in to be weighted. 480 pounds. Did not pull the average of 500 they needed.

Yellow to be weighted next. 460 pounds. Just short of their fair share.

Green district weigh in. 420 pounds, the least amount so far.

Red the laborers maybe you made up the weight need 640 pounds.
They are being cheered on while they load the rocks. 485 pounds the most of any district but not enough to get the reward.

Guylan says people concerned about getting upper class and some on the green team like Sophia are offended.

11-14-07, 08:59 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
Guyland is hurt by Sophia's reaction to him. He finds the benefits of leadership not worth the slings and arrows.

The choices.

Beds for everyone or Coolest Kid Lounge ever. A totally decked out lounge, but not big enough for everyone. Back to your bunks.

One of the yellow girls is upset and wants to go home. Taylor is trying to encourage her by saying you will lose all your friends here but. Zach finds it ridiculous how much some people are crying. Others are concerned about the mental state of the yellow district. Hunter does a lot but hard to get noticed in the green district. Hunter's dad lost his job a year ago, but always worked to make things better.

Sophia apologizes for what she said to Guylan. He wouldn't run again if could go back to the past. Blaine tries to get everyone up so the stores can be opened. They don't think they are the lazy district but Blaine gets everyone up and working. Yellow district members think Blaine should be their leader.

Emilie likes being in the blue district and gets along with them. Brandy pretty upset and wanting to go home, still. Just wants to hear her Mom. Greg gives her a pep talk and carries her to bed. Brandi says while Greg can be a jerk he can be a good guy sometimes.

Nominations for gold star.

Blaine getting nominations
Hunter getting nominations

CTgirl 7603 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-07, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-07 AT 08:28 AM (EST)

Posted in the wrong spot!

Agman2 1578 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

01-15-16, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
CT, I can't believe you did that!

11-14-07, 09:09 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
Blaine says it is more fair because he and Greg on the same team isn't fair.

Greg says to Anjay that he does not approve and Laurel was right to not change.

Sophia says maybe they should have taken someone in. Greg saying Anjay doesn't deserve to be up there. A lot of unhappy faces in the crowd.

Does anyone want to go home... Randi raises her hand and it starts to rain. She is homesick and she feels she lost it all and she doesn't have any life here. She says she just can't do it anymore. Everyone upset she is leaving.

The rain has stopped and it is now Gold Star time.

Zach says they had a really hard time, but came up with one person who deserved it, Blaine.

Everyone cheers. He's shaking and overwhelmed. Blaine gets a call, but first, by a show of hands how many approve of the council. Blaine is the only one. How many don't approve. Pretty much every hand up. Does anyone feel that it is time for an election. Lots of clapping. It is re-election time.

Who wants to run against them.

DK for red team
Blaine for yellow team
Greg for Blue team.
Michael for the Green District (Laurel is shocked).

Phone call. Talks to his Dad.

11-14-07, 09:11 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
Next time.

Lots of drama about the elections and people talking about others behind their back and Sofia asks if it is a Nazi regime.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-07, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "The real fights begin."
While watching the hands go up to declare candidacy, my main thought was if Michael raises his hand, we have apocalypse.

We have apocalypse.

11-15-07, 06:31 AM (EST)
9. "RE: The real fights begin."
I like Laurel, but I'm not surprised there was someone going to challenge her. I know her district has done well (in gold stars even if not so well at the Showdowns) but it did seem there were some cracks in the perfection of the Green District lead by Laurel this week.

11-15-07, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The real fights begin."
In a little more morning detail... Michael, as noted during his gold star week, is the kid the others follow. If he opens his mouth, people are listening. He can draw a Pied Piper crowd just by wandering around. Michael's one of those kids who just has a natural charisma: there are probably Nickelodeon tweens fainting every time he speaks. Laurel has the district seat, but Michael represents the voice of the people: she governs by his silent consent.

So when Michael decides things are screwed up beyond Laurel's ability to fix (and possibly due to Laurel's actions in the first place), he really is standing for all of those hands that went up at Town Council -- and just who do you think the green district is going to follow to the polls?

jbug 16989 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-07, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
Last week it was all about Olivia and Kennedy. One gets a star; one doesn't - but the decision was so hard.
So why does Olivia's name not come up this week?
Greg was discussed one week but not given the star and yet later was given one. Did Olivia slack off this week and the two guys this week just outshine her?
Maybe there are more stars being given out than we are seeing?

11-15-07, 06:33 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-07 AT 06:34 AM (EST)

I don't expect that every week the kid that didn't get the star will be automatically be nominated by the group for the gold star the next time. Some weeks give different kids a reason to shine and I'm not sure Olivia is a stand out every cycle.

ETA. she may have gotten a few nominations, but wasn't one of the front runners this week.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-07, 12:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
Olivia was nominated for her comedy act. This week they went back to work force and character.

11-15-07, 08:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
On the one hand, I still enjoy watching Kid Nation; on the other hand, watching Laurel get cocky and Anjay be an ineffective leader is not nearly as enjoyable as watching Taylor the tyrant! She was pretty funny with her bug eyes and crocodile tears, “Zach! You let Randi go! She was like a sister to me!” You can add drama queen to her skills too. (And are Beauty Queens born not made? Her hair is still glossy and clean compared to the rat’s nests most of the other kids hair is!)

I guess this is the story arc when Bonanza City goes into chaos before they build the perfect community to end the show. Will we have a clean sweep or will Laurel hold onto her Town council seat? Do the kids disrespect Anjay enough to vote Greg in? D.K. will definitely win. Zach’s been pretty annoying on camera, but I don’t know what his district thinks of him. The little kids might look up to Blaine.

Jared is still the gold star quote maker. To Guylan, “you better lock your cell door tonight, never mind I’ll just lock myself up.” When he gets bored he kicks the cell door open and marches out. Lol

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-07, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
Oh good, I wasn't the only one laughing at Taylor and her crocodile tears.
I'm glad that everybody on the council was challenged this week. Especially Lauren. Her head has gotten too big and she's too focused on her team and not the entire town. I'm not sure that Michale will be the one to take her place but it's good to see someone challenging her.
I actually feel bad for Anjay. That poor kid gets no respect. Not that he is a great leader or anything but I just think they really dump all over him.

RIP, Bill Walsh

11-15-07, 09:00 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
As long as we've reached the 'pile on Taylor' portion of the thread, don't forget that she screamed 'Who cares about the town!' when the yellow district was trying to figure out their rock allotment -- then ducked into confessional after the challenge and complained about not getting two town rewards in a row.

I predict that once she hits adulthood, she'll be a big fan of using surrogate mothers. 'No, you can go through the pain of pregnancy and labor. I'll just get in the hospital bed and pose with the baby.'

RoadrageinWY 0 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "New Member"

12-15-07, 07:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RoadrageinWY Click to send private message to RoadrageinWY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
Hi. Been reading lots of posts in here; I was curious to see what others thought of the show as a whole (I thought it was a fantastic concept, and pffft to the alarmists who thought the poor kiddies were being forced to work too hard, blah blah.) Personally, I liked it - a lot.

Can't help but wonder what Taylor's parents will think when they see the spoiled brat in action through every episode. I'm really afraid that Taylor is a monster of THEIR creation and they won't "get it". What a horrid kid.

I was well and truly amazed a couple of times when the kids chose between the rewards - the books instead of the food (or whatever the hell it was that week); I thought many of them really grew during this process and it was heartening to watch. KN2? There will be problems, since the next batch will be aware that they'd better toe the mark or no gold star; how the producers will deal with that is anybody's guess. I'd watch a second season, fer shure.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-07, 01:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
Welcome aboard. I think the "alarmists" were concerned the show would be in poor taste and some of the kids might get their feelings hurt, in other words a typical reality show. No one getting booted but all having the option to leave and go home whenever they decided was the saving grace of it.

I expect Taylor's parents know they spoiled her rotten, they taught her well how to be the center of attention and get a lot of airtime.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-07, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
As someone said Taylor had the "IT" factor. I'd have said she had more than that, she had the "twIT" factor. So sure of herself, it's maddening. So wrong, it's funny. She wanted her district to forget the rocks to go fast and then blames the town for missing another reward. I think her tears for Randi were real. Randi wasn't the same girl that was slacking off with her in an earlier episode, was she? Taylor had a nice clique.

Blane got a lucky trade. He was never going to get a star under Greg who had already had won. Blane looked like he did a lot of good to the yellow district, the slackers. Taylor is a sure vote for Blane against Zach. Taylor will bring in a lot of "delegates". Too bad, Zach was interesting as leader and improve the yellows.

DK should've gone up for election the first time. He should easily win especially since Guylan was close to resigning anyway.

Did you guys think that Laurel cost Hunter the gold star? With all her talk of "The Perfect District", she turned off the other 3 councillors into voting for another little green kid. Had she not been so set on keeping everyone and traded, even better traded him, Hunter would've won that Gold Star. I think Micheal will win easily. It could get interesting.

It's horrible to see how they treat Anjay, especially Olivia. I know the guy is too weak to advance his ideas but, if the "Bonanza Experiment" is to make a better city without adults, it is failing here. Same bullying, same racism.

Loved Jared, talking like a tough, old jailbird.

11-15-07, 02:54 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
I definately think Laurel cost Hunter the gold star - as soon as she started bragging about how the Green District was so great they had already won 4 gold stars. Interesting how the Green District with so many hard workers can't do well in the challenges. The only one they won was a bubble gum chewing contest!!

I had forgotten about Taylor's clique and their voting power.

I felt badly for Anjay last night too. He's just not a strong enough leader to deal with the personalities (Greg's mouth, Olivia's eye rolls...)in his district. When even Mallory says it's time for you to go, yikes, you have problems!

11-15-07, 09:09 AM (EST)
16. "Maybe it's the seat."
Notice Zach pulling out his very own 'deal with it!' during the next-episode preview?

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-15-07, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Kid Nation Episode #9 East Coast Update Thread"
One Grape Juice, One Chocolate Milk, and One Beer.

"Root Beer" I said, bartender!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •