The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences On The Lot Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-26-07, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26)"
Guest Judge will be Mark Waters (Mean Girls).

Who goes home this week?

Zach - Sunshine Girl
Mateen - Lost
Jessica - The Orchard
Jason - Blood Born
Will - Glass Eye

I can't imagine anyone other than Jessica going home. Was that really her submission film? And if so, how the heck did she get a spot on the show? There had to have been better entries than that!

6 films will be shown tonight. It's unclear if it will be comedy or horror this week. Guess we'll find out in a few hours!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26) mattben 06-26-07 1
   RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26) Cathy the Canadian 06-26-07 2
 RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26) Cathy the Canadian 06-26-07 3
   Oh Yeah... Cathy the Canadian 06-27-07 13
 Next week's horror films... Cathy the Canadian 06-26-07 4
   RE: Next week's horror films... mattben 06-26-07 5
 RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26) Loree 06-26-07 6
   RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26) Cathy the Canadian 06-27-07 14
 RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26) punky930 06-26-07 7
 RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26) Vixxxen 06-26-07 8
   RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26) mattben 06-27-07 9
 RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26) Sunny_Bunny 06-27-07 10
   RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26) Breezy 06-27-07 11
       RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26) MKitty 06-27-07 12
           RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26) mistyrose52 06-29-07 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mattben 1265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-26-07, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26)"
Zach and Will seem safe to me. Sunshine Girl and Glass Eye were both interesting, involved, witty-funny and complete.

I forget, with all these dance, idol, lot phone in shows, is this pure phone-vote, no judge input in the decision?

Jessica with her Orchard should go -- a non-horrific horror disaster. I'd rather have watched grass grow.

Mateen's Lost was slow and stupid.

Jason's Blood Born didn't have the finishing hook it needed. Rember Tim Robbins' The Player? He was listing the elements needed for the company to decide to make a movie, and finished with "happy endings, most importantly, happy endings."

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-26-07, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26)"
LAST EDITED ON 06-26-07 AT 09:33 PM (EST)

>I forget, with all these dance,
>idol, lot phone in shows,
>is this pure phone-vote, no
>judge input in the decision?

This is indeed pure phone in vote, unfortunately. You can vote online too, but it's not a worldwide vote - only America.

That's something we've been discussing here - that this should have followed a more Rockstar model, instead of trying to be like American Idol. The audience could give us the bottom three, and then the judges decide who goes. Or something like Dancing with the stars (I don't watch that one, but I understand the judges votes and the phone in votes both count towards the decision.)

This show runs the risk of turning into a popularity contest, with the actual films becoming secondary.

06-26-07, 09:24 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26)"
Jessica goes home. No surprises there of coarse. They are continuing to listen to us, and again avoid the silly American Idol format of sending someone home. Bravo.

This week's comedies:

Shalini - "Doctor in Law"
Adam - "Discovering the Wheels"
Hilary - "Under the Gun"
Will - "Nerve Endings"
David - "How to Have a Girl"
Zach - "Die Hardly Working"

I think, with Zach's, we finally have a "youtube" worthy film, that might actually make the email rounds, and create some buzz for this show! I can dream, can't I?

Adam's was like a strange car commercial.

Shalini's was okay - needed a bit of tweeking.

Hilary's - I wasn't rolling on the floor - but her camera work was much improved this week.

David - I didn't get Carrie Fisher's not understanding what was going on. I think he made it pretty clear with the pamphlets they were reading. Nice premise, but he didn't seem to know where to go with it.

06-27-07, 04:29 PM (EST)
13. "Oh Yeah..."
...and as for Will. I'm with the guest judge - didn't like it. Wasn't funny.

06-26-07, 09:31 PM (EST)
4. "Next week's horror films..."
...anyone else think it was a little unfair that next week's group has a whole extra week to think about/plan/write their movie? They should have waited until tonight to announce their topic, so they only had a week as well.

And, as I said before, comedy is HARD!!! It is so hard to make someone laugh. 10 times easier to make someone cry, or IMHO, scare someone. So, not only do they have the extra week to think about their films, they have the easier genre.

I'd be a little peeved if I was in the first group.

We were talking about this in last week's thread - how it's unreasonable to expect these directors to write their own stuff, as well as direct in only a week.

Wouldn't it be interesting if they were all given the same script? Watching all the different interpretations, you'd really get an appreciation for a director's vision.

Or giving them all the same logline, like in the early stages of the show, to see what they all come up with?

They could have even followed the Rockstar format, and had loglines that they had to divide amongst themselves.

06-26-07, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mattben Click to send private message to mattben Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Next week's horror films..."
I think nobody knew whether they'd be in the first third or last for the last 3 weeks.

Not a big deal to me about the timeline for getting a new film up in a week. Like these folks aren't thinking all the time?

If you can't get 3 minutes in the can, even if you're doing A to Z from producing, directing, writing, editing, acting, heck even ordering the Chinese Food, you don't belong trying this stuff.

Tonight, except for Zach, was just lame. Will w/ his Nerve Endings should be the dropout.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-26-07, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26)"
I found myself wondering why the audience was laughing during some of the films. I suppose it was family and friends of the directors. Or maybe they put up a big LAUGH sign. But there were not that many funny moments to me. As usual I liked Zach's the best. And a couple others had a few moments in them. But most were just not that funny.

I agree that horror will be easier. I wonder if they will make the directors all do the opposite type next to even it up.

06-27-07, 04:31 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26)"
Me too!! This is one very generous audience. I wonder if they have a "laugh" sign, like in the old days with sitcom audiences.

punky930 18 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-26-07, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail punky930 Click to send private message to punky930 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26)"
better show tonight, glad they let jess go early in the beginning of the week instead of stretching it out.
my opinion:
Shalini - Had some good lines, though not an original idea and knew where it was going before the big punchline. like her camera shots
Adam - Started out with a unique idea (loved the horse drawing against the car) but seemed to run out of steam a little. did like the 'back to the future' type ending
Will - Interesting idea but for me went on a little too long, though the last reaction shot was good.
Hillary - Great idea, started strong but lost it a little for me with the tripping part not really clear at first watch.
David - Not good. Not enough dialogue to be funny and not broad enough physical action to be funny either, though unlike carrie i did get the premise as set up
Zach - Great idea. Well done without using any props yet still conveying the different items clearly.imo very talented
Not sure who will go. Hillary seems to have a built in fan base voting fo rher since she is still there. For me the lowest film this week was David.

Vixxxen 107 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-26-07, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Vixxxen Click to send private message to Vixxxen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26)"
As soon as I heard Zach's movie title "Die Hardly Working" I knew it was going to be good. What a brilliant title for his film. He had the best film of them all and I agree with the guest director that Zach is ridiculously talented.

06-27-07, 00:57 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26)"
True. the title said it all.

Sunny_Bunny 5581 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-07, 03:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26)"
Well, somebody at Fox must be paying attention to the many, many, many complaints about the production value of this show. The show has improved much since last week, starting with putting us all out of our misery before the actual viewing of the movies starts. Adriana and Gary show up to send Jessica off to live the rest of her days in the orchard, where she can commune with the trees to figure out why America didn’t accept her “Horror from the perspective of the tree idea.” Perhaps America prefers a good sappy love story. Jeepers, I could figure out a better branch avalanche.

Seems that they have also figured out how to fix the problem of the horrible host as well – “lets let her skirts get shorter, but stick her beside chairs, behind snack bar counters, sitting with the directors – anything to keep her from looking at her feet to find her mark” said Production manager Paul. Good idea man! Except Ra wants her to bend over in that dress.

Another good idea? Showing us clips of the moviemakers actually plying their trade. Wow! What a concept; showing us the directors in action, in a competition for best new director. I think it’s an idea whose time has come.

Ra, stop tickling me!

Now, on to Bunny’s pics this week:

1. Zach Die Hardly Working: The heartwarming story of what we would all love to do in our office when there is nothing left to do but pray for a slow death. Zack’s cubicle guys decide to wage war on each other with absolutely no special effects other than good miming skills and great sound effects. There is even a love story, although the heroine goes back to being just another pretty face when 5 o’clock rolls around. It doesn’t matter – Gary loved it, Carrie loved it, Guest Director who directed Freaky Friday loved it. Is there anyone out there who doesn’t know that Zack is going to win this thing? “He could flub up sometime, ‘bun” says Ra.

2. Shalini Doctor in Law: Another great story based on something everyone can relate to: the in-law from hell. FIL can’t speak English, and hates the SIL who has brought him to the doctor’s office. SIL manages to “translate” for both Dr. and FIL, until the FIL ends up getting a probe. The only thing missing from this great comedy (from a director who doubted she could do comedy) was a close up of the son-in-law slowly lowering his magazine to show us a very content little smile. I loved this movie, almost as much as Zack’s movie.

3. Hilary Under the Gun: In a move that surprised me, Hilary actually pulled out a decent movie, by answering that age old question: “If I neither want nor need a man, how do I score his sperm so I can have a baby?” The answer? Rob a sperm bank with your mother! Family bonding at its best. The only problem with this movie was that the pan shot to show the cup didn’t pull back enough for us to really get a good reaction shot from the guy expected to fill said cup, and a clear shot of what the daughter tripped over that caused her to drop the cooler. Of course, one could wonder why she used such a bloody big cooler in the first place? Why not use one the size of a lunch pail, rather than one that could feed a family of 18 at the beach.

4. Adam Discovering the Wheels: Adam decides to jump onto the Zach special effects wagon, but without Zach who actually knows how to do special effects. A bunch of rejects from the Geico caveman auditions meet on a golf course and are trying desperately to create the wheel, when suddenly a Mustang convertible shows up. It was a hoot watching the brave caveman touch the car, declare himself the bravest, most worthy caveman on the golf course, and get in the car and start driving. Suddenly, the car ends up in the future with the cave men in it, and that’s where his story falls apart. They send the car back to the past, leaving the best and bravest guy behind, and all he can do is wave at the teenage girl. Unfortunately, all the judges think the ending was to weak, and worry that there will be Geico lawsuits.

5. David How to Have a Girl: Double entandre title aside, this film was pretty weak. Couple wants children/hubby wants boy/wifey wants girl/ each reads a pamphlet telling them how to accomplish their goals, wrestling match occurs with no real comedy except maybe the destruction of lamps and flower vases as they fight for dominance position wise. Judges are confused, except for Gary who’s been feeling his oats for the entire show. Gary likes it, because he can make comments about the dress (or lack thereof) worn by the host.

6. Will Nerve Endings: The lovely story of what really happens in an operating room when you are out cold and vulnerable to just about anything. Now this movie had some very funny moments, but with no dialog (which the judges have repeatedly told him that he NEEDS in his movies) the sight gags could not support 3 minutes of movie. He’s not really paying attention to what the critics are telling him he needs to do, so he’s falling short of the mark. My gut tells me that either he or David are going to be the ones out next week.

Next week: Oh the horror! 6 directors take on the horror genre, and we can only hope that the movies will be horrific because of the blood, gore and guts, and not crappy writing, filming, etc. But… well… that might be asking too much.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-07, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26)"
I'll just ditto your rankings.

And ofcourse Zach is going to win this.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-27-07, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26)"
If Zach doesn't win this thing, I am going to eat my shirt! mmmm...linen.... He is sooooo obviously the best director there!!

**Cat-a-trois by Agman**

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-29-07, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mistyrose52 Click to send private message to mistyrose52 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Final 12 Episode 1 (June 26)"
Agree with the rankings and most of what was said about the films. I actually LOVED "Under the Gun" and ranked it a close second to "Die Hardly Working". It was a tough one for me. "Doctor-in-Law" came in right after that.
The whole wheel discovery and the baby-making wrestling were just down right dumb, IMHO. If I'd been the director of either of those, I would have gone home crying, with my head very low..But, again, geez, I can't even hold up one of those cameras!!

They should all be proud of what they CAN do!

Now, the reason I'm even posting has nothing to do with the above-sorry for the chatter. I just really want to know-does the hostess-what's her name-wear the SAME dress every week, or is it just a facsimile of the same dress every week???? If so, who the heck is her designer, and hopefully, he/she is hanging HIS/HER head in shame!

Ok, so you have nice legs and all, but geez! Move on, and try a nice pair of capris, or silk pants with a baby doll top, or how about a flowing mid-length for a change???? HUMMMM???

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •