The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Entertainment Weekly Picks Bill As Mole"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole Clues & Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

spookycat_m 23 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-06-02, 02:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail spookycat_m Click to send private message to spookycat_m Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Entertainment Weekly Picks Bill As Mole"
Entertainment Weekly, probably the only magazine that I know of that actually gives the Mole some coverage, picks Bill as Mole and Dorothy as winner according to it's website. Here is the entire article:

They came, they saw, they got cancelled. Although ABC originally canned ''Mole 2: The Next Betrayal'' last Fall after three episodes, the network was kind enough to bring it back this summer. Now, almost a full year after the show originally began, we finally have closure. Tuesday night at 9 p.m. we find out
who wins, who loses, and who is that dastardly Mole. Here are our picks for each.

THE MOLE: BILL

Don't let that last charity gift where he agreed not to read the Mole's dossier in exchange for an extra $100,000 fool you. He was in a tricky spot: If he had declined the offer, it would have been too obvious that the retired Rear Admiral was really the
Mole. By adding money to the pot, he threw one last curveball at the contestants (not to mention us viewers).

The reason why Bill is the Mole is because the producers' design is to have it be the person you would LEAST suspect, and after hyperactive Katie (who is long gone), that would be Bill. He was a good choice, because when he sucked at competitions (how long did he last treading water -- eight minutes?) he could just blame it on being old. Also, not only did he choose to lose the taking-turns-hitting-the-ball-at-5-in-the-morning
game (sorry, I don't know how else to describe it), but his whole crashing on the bike with the greased gnome thing seemed pretty staged. That fact that he wasn't subjected to spending a
night in ''Anderson's funhouse'' sealed it. No way they make The Mole get in a cage with nasty insects or share a room with a snake. Bill was back at the hotel chilling with a cocktail, doing whatever Moles do, which is most likely staring at oneself in
the mirror while saying, ''I'm the Mole. Cool!''

THE LOSER: HEATHER

Okay, we know Heather's not the Mole because she looks practically identical to last year's Mole, Kathryn. No way producers go with two boring brunettes in a row. So that means Heather is either the winner or loser, and the guess here is
that anyone as emotionally unstable as Heather doesn't have what it takes to ace the final quiz. First, she almost had a meltdown when not getting the exemption during the funky
collect-the-red-Mole-thumbprints-outside-the-castle game (once again, what would you call it?), and then she completely LOST IT during the final competition, sobbing because she was lost and
begging the cameras to shut off before getting the bejeezus scared out of her by a dog. She ended up quitting that game, and no one likes a quitter. (Well, maybe the Mole does, but that's because it means he's doing his job. Otherwise, I've found
quitters to usually be frowned upon.) How will Heather handle the pressure of the final quiz? It says here she won't.

THE WINNER: DOROTHY

Dorothy wins by simple process of elimination, although maybe that's selling her short. After all, any woman who wears a sweatshirt with cat ears on the hood is okay by me. She formed an alliance with Heather early on, and while on one hand I doubt how much Ms. Weeping Willow could've actually helped her, it's always
important to have an extra set of eyes and ears when you're being asked ridiculous questions like how many squares of toilet paper the Mole used of his last trip to the bathroom. Coverage is key, so the ability to double up all that info definitely helped Dorothy and Heather get to this point. Dorothy also proved her worth in the competitions, most notably that wacky brain teaser one early on. The woman's got smarts, and that's what will
enable her to walk away victorious... if you consider winning a game show already cancelled once, and then finally brought back to go against the reality television steamroller that is ''American Idol'' a victory. Hey, money is money, and our money is on Dorothy.

Here is the link (if it works...hee hee) if you want:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/commentary/0,6115,333602~3~0~hereswhowillwin,00.html

Great! Now all I can picture is Bill sitting in front of the mirror saying "I'm the mole! Cool!".

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Entertainment Weekly Picks Bill... TheBoredGuy 08-06-02 1
 RE: Entertainment Weekly Picks Bill... ejm92 08-06-02 2
   RE: Entertainment Weekly Picks Bill... Femme 08-06-02 4
 Fun article AyaK 08-06-02 3
   RE: Fun article DaSaintFan 08-06-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

TheBoredGuy 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-06-02, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheBoredGuy Click to send private message to TheBoredGuy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Entertainment Weekly Picks Bill As Mole"
Or maybe. "I'm the mole. Holy moley!"
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

ejm92 2221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-06-02, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ejm92 Click to send private message to ejm92 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Entertainment Weekly Picks Bill As Mole"
I wonder if Bill showed any emotion the day they picked him to be the Mole??????

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-06-02, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Femme Click to send private message to Femme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Entertainment Weekly Picks Bill As Mole"
Probably at least more than Dot woulda shown.

Femme

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-06-02, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Fun article"
Ooh, I liked this article ... and not just because I agreed with its picks, but because the person who wrote it ACTUALLY WATCHED THE SHOW! How rare is that?

DaSaintFan 47 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-06-02, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaSaintFan Click to send private message to DaSaintFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Fun article"
>Ooh, I liked this article ...
>and not just because I
>agreed with its picks, but
>because the person who wrote
>it ACTUALLY WATCHED THE SHOW!
> How rare is that?
>
Yeah, but it would be nice if they could actually remember the names of the games they watched on the show...

HOWEVER: Now my fellow Billumaniti/FOMO's.. I'm concerned!! This is what you call "the jinx" of magazines. Everytime some magazine I glance at or read selects something, it's too often the wrong selection! Uh-oh!!! Now I'm starting to wonder if I shoulda jumped ship earlier??? :confused:

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •