The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Mole in a Coalition?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole Clues & Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

catalicious 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-06-02, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail catalicious Click to send private message to catalicious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Mole in a Coalition?"
I just had a thought while I was reading some other threads. Is there anything that would keep the mole from forming a coalition with another player, knowing that this person knows they are the mole? I mean, what if Dorothy approached Heather(or vice versa) and said, "I know you are the mole. You don't have to tell me if I'm right. But lets form this coalition and knock all the other players out by making them think the mole is Bill." That way all their needs would be met. Dorothy could do her best to knock the other players out, and she and Heather are guaranteed to win. Also, by forming a coalition with someone who you know is the mole you could also keep a close eye on their activities for the tests.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The Trust Factor AyaK 08-06-02 1
   RE: The Trust Factor catalicious 08-06-02 2
       RE: The Trust Factor sherlock 08-06-02 3
           RE: The Trust Factor catalicious 08-06-02 4
       RE: The Trust Factor moliemolie 08-06-02 5
           Tiebreakers AyaK 08-06-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-06-02, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The Trust Factor"
Nothing prevents the mole from agreeing to do this. However, were I the mole (or the producer), I'd deny being the mole, tell the other contestant that I think he or she is the mole, and agree to a coalition anyway, since I'm trying to spread distrust among the contestants.

Would I honor the coalition? Only if it helped me confuse and confound the others.

One side point that I'm just throwing in here. Think back to E2, the Blueberry Game. If you read the clues from the most recent British Mole, you saw that the players knew that the mole met with the producers at night, after everyone was "locked" in their rooms ... and one of the players put talc outside the hotel room doors to see if anyone left at night. The producers ended up communicating with the mole via two-way radio to circumvent this. I wonder if the Blueberry Game (where Dorothy and Lisa stung Darwin and Katie for being outside their rooms) was intended to discourage players from such antics, so that the producers COULD meet with the mole.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-06-02, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail catalicious Click to send private message to catalicious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Trust Factor"
I agree with you up to a point. I think in the beginning of the game your theory about the mole honoring the coalition would be correct. However, when there are only two people left besides the mole, why not form a coalition with someone who knows you are the mole? You are guaranteed to easily knock the unknowing person out of the race by giving the other player the advantage. I think Dorothy is smart enough to pull that off. I mean, the mole knows that someone is going to win the game no matter what. So why not be extra devious by using a coalition to knock off the last player easily? I don't think Heather is the mole. Back in the episode where Katie was knocked off, there was a tie with the # of incorrect answers on the quiz. I think Heather and Katie tied because of their coalition, but Heather squeeked by because of her speed.

sherlock 450 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-06-02, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sherlock Click to send private message to sherlock Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Trust Factor"
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-02 AT 01:37 PM (EST)

I agree with Aya. Also, the Mole could knock off the partner if they split up. i.e; Someone who was in the pool at the Think or Sink game could have told their partner, who wasn't in the game, that Bribs had 8 weights, or something to that extent.

"Elementary, my dear Watson!"

08-06-02, 01:55 PM (EST)
4. "RE: The Trust Factor"
Yes, but the other person knows they are the mole. That is why this would only work if that person were sure they knew who the mole was (perhaps the motive behind what Bill did in the final game). Let say Bill knows identity of the mole because he has been in secret coalition with her the whole time. He refuses to look at the docier, and makes the pot $100,000 richer.

moliemolie 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-06-02, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moliemolie Click to send private message to moliemolie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Trust Factor"
So why not be extra devious by using a coalition to knock off the last player easily? I don't think Heather is the mole. Back in the episode where Katie was knocked off, there was a tie with the # of incorrect answers on the quiz. I think Heather and Katie tied because of their coalition, but Heather squeeked by because of her speed.

1. It is not 'extra devious' to form a coalition to knock off the last player easily. That is actually quite kind. The Mole is not kind and although he/she knows only one person can win, the Mole does not care who that person will be. Therefore, the Mole's job is to fool everyone, take money from the pot, and make everyone else think there is no way they could be the Mole.

2. As for your assumption that Heather and Katherine tied each other, that is pure speculation. If Heather and Kat were in a coalition and had shared the same information, they should have had the same answers and speed should not have been a factor. I think it safer to assume that Katherine was another one of Heather's victims and Katherine was tied with someone else who had no real idea who the Mole was.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-06-02, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Tiebreakers"
> If Heather and Kat were in a coalition and
>had shared the same information, they should have had the
>same answers and speed should not have been a factor.

Speed is the tiebreaker in the even of a tie -- as we learned in E3. The quote below is from my E3 summary:

Well ... guess what, we have a tie for the honor of Most Clueless. Coopy tells us that in the event of a tie, the person who filled the form out the slowest gets the boot.

We know Katie was booted in a tie vote, so speed was definitely a factor. But we don't know the other person in the tie. It may have been her ally Heather ... or it may not have been Heather.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •