The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 11 NUMBER 1 CLUE"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole Clues & Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

jvidulic 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-23-02, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jvidulic Click to send private message to jvidulic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 11 NUMBER 1 CLUE"
At this week's dinner party Anderson said something very interesting. He said this week's food is provided from "Mc'd". Now you would think they were talking about the fast food chain, but what about Bill?

What is his last name?

THAT IS RIGHT Bill McDaniel.

That is a clue that they would use!

I think it is bill!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 11 NUMBER 1 CLUE moleish 07-23-02 1
 AC DOESN"T KNOW CVLspaz 07-23-02 2
   RE: AC DOESN"T KNOW jvidulic 07-23-02 3
       RE: AC DOESN"T KNOW CVLspaz 07-23-02 5
           RE: AC DOESN"T KNOW Kokoro 07-23-02 6
               RE: AC DOESN"T KNOW CVLspaz 07-23-02 7
   RE: AC DOESN"T KNOW EthnicGoddess 07-23-02 4
       RE: AC DOESN"T KNOW MYVERYOWN 07-23-02 8
           RE: AC DOESN"T KNOW DaSaintFan 07-23-02 9
 RE: Episode 11 NUMBER 1 CLUE cyclehausen 07-23-02 10
   RE: Episode 11 NUMBER 1 CLUE Red Lady 07-24-02 11
       RE: Episode 11 NUMBER 1 CLUE cyclehausen 07-24-02 12
           Product Placement... DaSaintFan 07-24-02 13
               RE: Product Placement... Molzingvivor 07-24-02 15
   RE: Episode 11 NUMBER 1 CLUE thaliasmiles 07-24-02 26
 RE: Episode 11 NUMBER 1 CLUE OKCRay 07-24-02 14
   RE: Episode 11 NUMBER 1 CLUE DaSaintFan 07-24-02 16
       WHY DOROTHY HESITATED cyclehausen 07-24-02 18
           True enough.. I had assumed wrong.. DaSaintFan 07-24-02 19
   WHY THE CARD GAME WASN'T RIGGED cyclehausen 07-24-02 17
 RE: Episode 11 NUMBER 1 CLUE AdroitOne 07-24-02 20
   RE: Episode 11 NUMBER 1 CLUE cyclehausen 07-24-02 21
       RE: Episode 11 NUMBER 1 CLUE AdroitOne 07-24-02 22
 How d'ya know mikey 07-24-02 23
   RE: How d'ya know Jims02 07-24-02 24
 am I losing my memory? nowhereman 07-24-02 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

moleish 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-23-02, 10:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moleish Click to send private message to moleish Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 11 NUMBER 1 CLUE"
Very good! I didn't even think of that!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

CVLspaz 109 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-23-02, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CVLspaz Click to send private message to CVLspaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "AC DOESN"T KNOW"
AC is not told who the mole is! AC does not provide clues. he can't! McDonald's is simply the most american of american food on the planet!

jvidulic 2 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-02, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jvidulic Click to send private message to jvidulic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: AC DOESN"T KNOW"
Or he could of just have been told to say it! think about that!

07-23-02, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CVLspaz Click to send private message to CVLspaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: AC DOESN"T KNOW"
no need to get hostile dude but to ensure the integrity of the game it is essential that AC does not know any more than the players about who the mole is. if he's being told to say this specifically, he's gonna know it's a clue, whereas the players would not. besides, i saw a big mac. it really was McDonald's food.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-23-02, 10:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Kokoro Click to send private message to Kokoro Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: AC DOESN"T KNOW"
Yes it was McDonald's....but are you sure you don't have an "Elisabeth kicked butt in the challenges" clue?

Do you have the link to where AC said he had no idea who it was until it was told to him and they wrapped? Or did he just say "until towards the end"?

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

07-23-02, 11:02 PM (EST)
7. "RE: AC DOESN"T KNOW"
it's only logical to believe that the producers don't want AC to slip and give away the identity of the mole and the only way to assure this is to make sure AC is not told who the mole is. besides this, AC said last season that they didn't ever tell him.

EthnicGoddess 38 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-02, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EthnicGoddess Click to send private message to EthnicGoddess Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: AC DOESN"T KNOW"
I agree that it does seem like a clue ABC might use, but you're right that AC didn't know, so it can't be a clue.

MYVERYOWN 38 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-02, 11:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MYVERYOWN Click to send private message to MYVERYOWN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: AC DOESN"T KNOW"
i think that is definately a good clue but i agree that anderson doesnt know who the mole is and wouldnt be able to say that but remember last time when he said "henry paid the price" and that was a clue. that means he would know that was a clue and knew kathryn was the mole. unless he was reading a cue card or they edited that in after the game ended. but mc'd was a good observation and a possible clue like everything else is in this game.

DaSaintFan 47 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-02, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaSaintFan Click to send private message to DaSaintFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: AC DOESN"T KNOW"
>i think that is definately a
>good clue but i agree
>that anderson doesnt know who
>the mole is and wouldnt
>be able to say that
>but remember last time when
>he said "henry paid the
>price" and that was a
>clue. that means he would
>know that was a clue
>and knew kathryn was the
>mole. unless he was reading
>a cue card or they
>edited that in after the
>game ended. but mc'd was
>a good observation and a
>possible clue like everything else
>is in this game.

Except as I recall that was one of the "clues" though that many people lambasted ABC for putting in as being an official clue of the show... (it's one reason I've been reluctant to use all the talk about William Shakespeare being a scoundrel... because I would hope that ABC didn't slip down that path again).

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-23-02, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 11 NUMBER 1 CLUE"
It probably is a clue. It's a shame that mcdonalds continues to press their #1 position by relentless washes of advertising in every medium. They should try to make their food taste less rancid instead.

Red Lady 2010 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-24-02, 01:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Episode 11 NUMBER 1 CLUE"
I believe it is called "product placement" in the marketing world, and McD's pays the prod. big bucks to place subliminal ads within the show. Survivor is the biggest 'ho in this regard. Ice cold Mountain Dew, anyone?

The Mole is not exactly breaking new territory in ratings, so I imagine ABC will do anything for the advertising bucks. It's all about the bottom line.

Regards,
Red Lady

07-24-02, 01:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 11 NUMBER 1 CLUE"
not to mention the Mole's numerous plugs for various movies, Polaroid, AAA, and yadda yadda yadda.

And they wonder why everyone wants cable.

07-24-02, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DaSaintFan Click to send private message to DaSaintFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Product Placement..."
Heck... that doesn't actually bug me in the slightest...

_IF_ they were to find a way to do an entire show commercial free, with only product placements as their source of revenue, I wouldn't have a problem with it... get 60 minutes of "Mole", instead of only 45 minutes...

(as long as they didn't overkill it)

Molzingvivor 48 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-02, 02:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molzingvivor Click to send private message to Molzingvivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Product Placement..."
>Heck... that doesn't actually bug me
>in the slightest...
>
>_IF_ they were to find a
>way to do an entire
>show commercial free, with only
>product placements as their source
>of revenue, I wouldn't have
>a problem with it... get
>60 minutes of "Mole", instead
>of only 45 minutes...
>
>(as long as they didn't overkill
>it)

I can just see AC now:

"This execution is being done on a Dell computer, using Microsoft software. If your name is entered and the color of a Sprite can appears you are safe, if the color of a Coke can appears then you have been eliminated from the game. You will have to take your Adidas bag full of belongings to the awaiting Mercedes and then fly home on American Airlines."

thaliasmiles 2 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-02, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thaliasmiles Click to send private message to thaliasmiles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Episode 11 NUMBER 1 CLUE"
>They should try to make
>their food taste less rancid
>instead.

Mmmmmmmmm... McDonald's.....

OKCRay 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-24-02, 02:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail OKCRay Click to send private message to OKCRay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Episode 11 NUMBER 1 CLUE"
I talked about this on another thread. I'm coupling the Mickey D's reference with another thing that points to Bill: Assuming that the High Card game could be rigged, if Bill is the Mole, sending him back to the hotel and away from the rest of the players would give him ample time to meet with the producers. I would be highly suspicious of anyone who remains away from the group for an extended period of time.

07-24-02, 02:17 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Episode 11 NUMBER 1 CLUE"
I think that's my one problem with some of the "assumptions" of tonight that I've seen made in various things I've read....

I don't think ABC would even _take_ the chance of rigging a game in any such a manner. Would they tell the mole if something was planned? Sure, i think they might... but would they intentionally rig a game? I don't think so... it's still a "reality-game show".

The producers have NO clue what would happen by the others.. if one of the players were to "eliminate" Bill instead of throwing the money in for instance...

Although I was still trying to figure out what Dorothy was debating when it was her turn, if anything Dorothy should have thrown the card in like *snaps fingers* that. Even Al was quick to point it out to her...

07-24-02, 02:21 AM (EST)
18. "WHY DOROTHY HESITATED"
LAST EDITED ON 07-24-02 AT 02:23 AM (EST)

Picture this scenario: Dorothy eliminates someone (say, Bill) instead of throwing in her money.

Now the pot is not full. If Al or Heather draws next, they must eliminate the other person instead of Dorothy to not lose the money.

I think Dorothy wanted to knock Al out, because he was obviously gunning for her the past couple of episodes, and she didn't want to be in the funhouse. However, Al talked/barked her into playing along.

This was the advantage of being the last person left with money, and I think any player in that position would have considered not throwing in money. In fact, I'd bet Heather would have actually followed through with that strategy.

07-24-02, 02:28 AM (EST)
19. "True enough.. I had assumed wrong.."
>LAST EDITED ON 07-24-02
>AT 02:23 AM (EST)

>
>Picture this scenario: Dorothy eliminates someone
>(say, Bill) instead of throwing
>in her money.
>
>Now the pot is not full.
> If Al or Heather
>draws next, they must eliminate
>the other person instead of
>Dorothy to not lose the
>money.

True.. I didn't think about the fact that Bill and the others had already thrown in their money.. I guess I assumed that they had to choose between losing the $25K chip or throwing someone out... I didn't think about the fact that she'd still be able to keep the money available for the pot.

07-24-02, 02:18 AM (EST)
17. "WHY THE CARD GAME WASN'T RIGGED"
1. The cards were cut by the players prior to the deal

2. The "condemning" to the funhouse was performed by the player who drew the high card; it was not assigned directly via the card draw (e.g. "low card is out")

3. If it WAS rigged, why didn't Bill draw more high cards? Heather and Al each had the opportunity to condemn Bill, and did not

4. Anderson shuffled the cards, and he does not know who the Mole is.

AdroitOne 4 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-02, 02:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AdroitOne Click to send private message to AdroitOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode 11 NUMBER 1 CLUE"
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet (So many Ep 11 threads), but wouldn't the Truth and Lies game be about the easiest game possible for Bill to sabotage if he were the mole? The producers tell him who was in each room, and he just has to come up with a reasonable explanation og why he thinks the people are lying and telling the truth.
It is the mole's job to sabotage the pot and avoid detection. If Bill were the mole, the opportunity for sabotage could not get more perfect. If Bill is the mole, he is a lousy one.

P.S. It could be argued that the producers provided him with no help in this one, so that the players could get more money, but WHY? If Bill turns out to be the mole, I will be disappointed.

07-24-02, 02:53 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Episode 11 NUMBER 1 CLUE"
Let's assume Bill is the mole.

I think that the producers could NOT give Bill the information of who stayed where, because this would totally ruin the game. Although the Mole may be given prior knowledge of games and be encouraged/instructed to sabotage, I believe the producers have a sense of fair play and would not just destroy a game in this manner.

Although I guess nothing is out of bounds.

AdroitOne 4 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-02, 02:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AdroitOne Click to send private message to AdroitOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 11 NUMBER 1 CLUE"
LAST EDITED ON 07-24-02 AT 03:02 AM (EST)

Good point. I had not considered this. It could be argued that this would fall into the category of "prior knowledge of games" however, it won't be me who argues it.
The issue here is not as clear cut as usual as there have been few if any games where the producers COULD themselves be definite agents of sabotage.

mikey 1136 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-02, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mikey Click to send private message to mikey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "How d'ya know"
The players' last names?

Good catch on the names. I thought the McDonald's food was very out of place and must be put in there for a reason. It is not a product placement because they never mentioned the full name of McDonalds or showed anything with McDonalds written on it.

With this and the "admiral" clue, I am officially jumping off the Dorothy bandwagon and into the Bill camp. Very much like last year, the final three consist of two people in an alliance and the mole.

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-24-02, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: How d'ya know"
I'm struggling with that notion right now.

The producers have made it so plainly OBVIOUS (yes, we hate that word) that Bill is the mole especially now. If the viewers at home didn't figure it out before, they should have it now. Look at the logic. "Heather and Dorothy are in a coalition that is succeeding, so Bill must be the mole."

If this was the first season, I would easily buy that logic. But, most of Mole 2 watchers saw Mole 1's final 3 of a coalition and the mole. Since, the viewers know how last years game was played, they all should know now that Bill is the mole (unless I give them too much credit...). ABC has thrown the biggest piece of evidence at Bill right now.

I do believe that Bill is the Mole, but my gripe is the way ABC is doing it...
-----------------------------------
Quotes of the week:
1. "Al, do you think you could move just a little?"-Myra
2. "Ewww... Patrick, no... I don't want to see that."-Heather
3. "I really hope Darwin doesn't realize I have a coalition with Dorothy, or... that could be bad."-Lisa
4. "Gas station attendants... They no NOTHING about flat tires... Let's ask these tourists!"-Darwin
5. "I swear, Rob, if this freaks me out I'm gonna punch you."-Anderson
6. "Those hills are a b!tch."-Anderson
7. "Um, thanks guys for not liking me!" (waves the $ at them)-Elavia
8. "They do look like piercing blue eyes, Heather, but I don't get it. He's totally making out with (that girl)."- Bribs
9. "I was a little surprised when Anderson came into my room in a suit. He usually just comes into my room in his pajamas, just his bottoms usually."-Darwin
10. "Man, I'm screwed."-Dorothy

11. (creepily) "Tiny bubbles... In my wine... Makes me happy."-Anderson

nowhereman 131 desperate attention whore postings

07-24-02, 11:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nowhereman Click to send private message to nowhereman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "am I losing my memory?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-24-02 AT 11:26 AM (EST)

(re-posted to main clue thread)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •