The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Coalitions (NOT Alliances)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Mole Clues & Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-03-02, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Coalitions (NOT Alliances)"
LAST EDITED ON 07-10-02 AT 09:42 AM (EST)

I hate that 20,000 minutes rule for editing...

Here's the updated list of coalitions:
KATIE and HEATHER (Katie is executed in Ep. 8)
DARWIN and BOB (Bob gone in Ep. 1, Darwin gone)
DARWIN and LISA (Lisa gone in Ep. 3, Darwin gone)
DOROTHY and LISA (likewise)
MYRA and PATRICK (exec. in Ep. 6 and 4 respectively)
ELAVIA and DOROTHY ($Elavia$)
DARWIN and BRIBS (Darwin executed Ep. 9)
DARWIN and AL (likewise)
HEATHER and DOROTHY (next week?)

None: BILL (geez Bill!)
----------------------------------------------------------
Quotes of the week:
1. "Al, do you think you could move just a little?"-Myra
2. "Ewww... Patrick, no... I don't want to see that."-Heather
3. "I really hope Darwin doesn't realize I have a coalition with Dorothy, or... that could be bad."-Lisa
4. "Gas station attendants... They no NOTHING about flat tires... Let's ask these tourists!"-Darwin
5. "I swear, Rob, if this freaks me out I'm gonna punch you."-Anderson
6. "Those hills are a b!tch."-Anderson
7. "Um, thanks guys for not liking me!" (waves the $ at them)-Elavia

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Coalitions (NOT Alliances) cyclehausen 07-07-02 1
 RE: Coalitions (NOT Alliances) blemer 07-07-02 2
   Episode 9 Preview Jims02 07-08-02 3
       RE: Episode 9 Preview blemer 07-08-02 4
           What it comes down to... Supergrrl 07-08-02 6
       RE: Episode 9 Preview WHaTTHeMoLe 07-08-02 5
           Happy Dance WHaTTHeMoLe 07-10-02 7
 Updated Jims02 07-10-02 8
   RE: Updated malibubarbie 07-10-02 9
 The Birth of a Coalition WHaTTHeMoLe 07-17-02 10
   RE: The Birth of a Coalition a77u12a 07-17-02 11
       RE: The Birth of a Coalition WHaTTHeMoLe 07-17-02 12
 Dorothy and Heather's Coalition(s) Jims02 07-24-02 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cyclehausen 1197 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-07-02, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cyclehausen Click to send private message to cyclehausen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Coalitions (NOT Alliances)"
I think that coalition time is over. Did anyone else notice in ep. 7, when Heather says in a testimonial after they all get their own rooms, "It makes you realize that you're here for yourself, and no one else." The next episode, Katie mentions suspicions of Heather, and BAM! Katie is axed. Them being the only 2 left after everyone else's name was entered was super-tension. Now Heather and Katie are both hoping against hope that their coalition partner is toast.

Why do the players need a coalition any more? The purpose of a coalition is to share information - but with a group this small, all their activities are likely to be together from now on. You could still share observations - but how willing would you be to do that with only 5 "actual" players left; more importantly, how likely are you to TRUST information from a player in the same situation.

Jim and Steve in season 1 made it work all the way to the end, but I really don't see it happening this season.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

blemer 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-07-02, 11:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blemer Click to send private message to blemer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Coalitions (NOT Alliances)"
LAST EDITED ON 07-07-02 AT 11:56 PM (EST)

I've always thought that Heather and Bribs have had a coalition of sorts. In Episode 8, Heather chooses Bribs instead of her longtime coalition partner Katie for the Relative game. It makes me wonder.

Yet, Bribs has mentioned that he has suspitions of Heather being the Mole so maybe they don't have a coalition but a very close friendship in the game.

Then again, what is a coalition but a close friendship where the players share information. It was obvious in episode 8 that Heather and Bribs have shared information.

07-08-02, 09:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Episode 9 Preview"
Well, I did read a preview for Episode 9 that says a player is going to sabotage another player, and a coalition will emerge with the intent of wiping out all the competition. Sounds interesting...

But who would form the new coalition? (watch the editing... it could've been formed in Ep. 1)

Probably not Dorothy. She said she'll "never form another coalition again"

Al's unlikely. He said he's reluctant to form coalitions, but a coalition with maybe Bribs or Bill could happen.

Heather definitely could, with Katie's departure. She needs a new coalition. I most likely see her pairing up with Bribs (obviously)

Darwin has formed a coalition with almost everyone, that being part of his "strategy." He may form another, possibly with Bill or maybe Dorothy (shadow of Lisa?). I don't know why Bill. They seem to have some sort of "correspondence."

Bribs is one of the more likely candidates as well. He has ties to Heather, Al, and Bill. The only problem I have with this is that I don't see him going after the other contestants for sabotage. He would also have to know who is the mole.

Bill hasn't formed any coalitions yet. There's a good chance that he may form one with any of the men. He doesn't seem to have as much as a bond with the ladies.

One player sabotages another??? Perhaps it is a link to the coalitions (and the executee). Then there would be 3 scenarios.

1. Bribs forms a coalition and sabotages Darwin by giving him the bad information.
2. Darwin forms a coalition and gives Al and Bribs bad leads.
3. Al forms a coalition and plays Darwin.

Oh shoot. Maybe they sabotage each other in the game???

That's my summary. What do you guys think?
Quotes of the week:
3. "I really hope Darwin doesn't realize I have a coalition with Dorothy, or... that could be bad."-Lisa
4. "Gas station attendants... They no NOTHING about flat tires... Let's ask these tourists!"-Darwin
8. "They do look like piercing blue eyes, Heather, but I don't get it. He's totally making out with (that girl)."- Bribs

blemer 85 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-08-02, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blemer Click to send private message to blemer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 9 Preview"
Jims- Good analysis. I can see alot happening on Tuesday. About the three senarios, I think #1 is the most likely. I can see Bribs forming a coalition with Heather to get information. Then Bribs feeds Darwin false information. The result: Darwin is executed and Bribs and Heather have eliminated one of the strongest players in the game.

Much of that theory is based off the intro. order theory that predicts Darwin being executed next. I find it really hard to believe that Darwin would go next becaue he is such a stong player. Yet, I think he trusts Bribs and that will be his downfall.

The only part that doesn't fit in this senario: Bribs seems like too nice of a guy to do that to Darwin. But when it comes down to it, I think he may lie to Darwin to get into the final three.

I also think that senario #2 is very likely cause I believe Darwin has been using his coalitions to further himself in the game.

As for senario #3, I find this to be highly unlikely. I don't think Darwin trusts Al at all. I think Darwin is smarter than that. Plus, we've seen very little of Darwin and Al's coalition to believe that a strong player like Darwin would believe the mole...er..i mean Al.

In conclusion, I think Jims hit the nail on the head by predicting that Bribs forms a coalition and gives Darwin false information (possibly that Heather is the Mole) resulting in Darwin's execution.

Just my thoughts....

Supergrrl 46 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-08-02, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Supergrrl Click to send private message to Supergrrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "What it comes down to..."
...is the strength of the Bribs/Heather bond versus the Bribs/Darwin bond. I don't see any clues in the past eps that indicate that Darwin totally trusts anyone. Does anyone? (Ok, except for the disguised relative challenge.)

WHaTTHeMoLe 135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-08-02, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail WHaTTHeMoLe Click to send private message to WHaTTHeMoLe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 9 Preview"
Jims-

Interesting thoughts. Might I venture an off-the-wall supposition for a coalition? (I think this qualifies more as something I'd love to see happen than something I think really will.) Dorothy and Heather. I say this simply because they chose to include the Dorothy declaration: "I'll never form another coalition again!" And this, my friends, is what we like to call foreshadowing. :0) We saw it when Lisa was executed ("yesterday was the last day to get my job back"), and in Heather's discussion of her boyfriend ("I'm going to marry a boy with dark hair and blue eyes"), to name a few. The most logical person for Dorothy to form one with at this point is Heather--who is recently single in the coalitions department, and is primed since she's on the rebound, so to speak. I think they could wreak havoc far more easily than any of the other possible coalitions. Dorothy knows who the Mole is, and judging from Heather's expressions and alarmingly Moleish behavior lately, I think she knows as well and is now playing the "how many people can I throw off track?" game. And she's playing it well. The two of them together... oh, it brings tears to my eyes to think of the glorious things they could do together. But I'll stop dreaming now... :0)

-WHaTTHeMoLe

07-10-02, 03:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail WHaTTHeMoLe Click to send private message to WHaTTHeMoLe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Happy Dance"
Yippee!!! I was right, I was right, I was right!!! (I did a little happy dance when I saw Dorothy and Heather plotting on the preview for ep. 10...)

- Happy WtM

07-10-02, 09:51 AM (EST)
8. "Updated"
It looks like this time, Darwin was the one getting fooled. Oh well... You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

Darwin's execution has made me wonder what exactly happened in the prior ones. Particularly considering Elavia. I've heard him say a few times that he thought Elavia was the mole, and we now know the bribe was not a Mole attempt. So, perhaps he was telling the truth about Elavia??? He may have been in the same situation that Katie was in.

But, wait a minute, Darwin most likely knew that Bob voted Elavia on the first test, or did he? There is a possibility that Bob did not tell Darwin who he was voting for.

And... How do we know that Bob really voted for Elavia initially??? All we have is ABC showing Bob drilling Elavia and flirting a bit. We never get to hear him say "Elavia's definitely the mole" Never trust what ABC is showing you!!!

But why would ABC try to fool us? Elavia's gone! Well, one of the questions on test #1 was "Is the Mole male or female?". If we all assume that Bob voted straight ticket Elavia, then we could all assume the mole is male. That is what ABC intended.

In other words, Heather (less so Dorothy) could still be our Mole!!!
Quotes of the week:
8. "They do look like piercing blue eyes, Heather, but I don't get it. He's totally making out with (that girl)."- Bribs

malibubarbie 434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

07-10-02, 02:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail malibubarbie Click to send private message to malibubarbie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Updated"
I read in another thread about you digging some Bribs clues, and I'd be more than happy to help and get some Bribs hype around her. We did a glorious job recruiting DarwinFOMOs, no? Let us not forget, Darwin had coallitions with both Al and Bribs. I can't let go of the fact Al said, "I was so worried about Darwin playing me, because he spent more time talking with Bribs than me. Maybe, in the end, Darwin got played." Is that saying Bribs played him? I know they were friends, but Bribs has mentioned needing to get down and dirty more. Let's not forget him taking Bill's exemption, and picking that trashy blonde for Al. Although, if Al had told me his sister was louder than him, I'd pick the wrong person too. He ended up getting Heather and Darwin's right, but they trusted him, right? Wouldn't it be perfect for him to kind of pick both of them off. Maybe he intended to sabotage and cost $5 grand, because he thought only Al and Heather would choose him. Don't forget, ABC wanted Darwin and Heather's loved ones to be found. Because, Darwin's wife had a pregnancy, and Heather had an engagement. Hmmm... Bribs is looking good. Lemme see what I can find.

07-17-02, 02:32 AM (EST)
10. "The Birth of a Coalition"
Thought I'd give the thread a good ol' bump since everyone's new favorite coalition will be rejoining us for at least another episode... :0)

Go Dorothy and Heather! And can I comment how obvious it was that Bribs was going tonight (regardless of the EPT)? Dorothy and Heather form a coalition that will probably be somewhat successful. Who do we aim for? Well, Al has an exemption. Bill is the Mole (rats). Who else is left to pick off but everyone's favorite teen idol, Bribs? We loved ya buddy, but there's a purple rock in every bag...

-WtM

a77u12a 130 desperate attention whore postings

07-17-02, 03:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail a77u12a Click to send private message to a77u12a Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Birth of a Coalition"
yeah you go WtM!! great observation!

PLUS: if bill is the mole, the EPT ***STILL WORKS***

go pabby! go WtM!!

GO BRIBS!!! we'll miss ya man *sniff* you played so.... clean....

07-17-02, 12:38 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Birth of a Coalition"
Concur on all points. :0)

Question: how effective is the new coalition actually going to be since it comes so late in the game? The girls only have one option left to target: Al. If he gets another exemption, the two of them are in serious doo because one of them will have to go. I worry that Al will get another exemption next week. I shudder that Dorothy will get the boot because she takes her quizzes so slow. I pray that Heather doesn't know as much about the Mole as she pretends she does. Aargh. I love this game!

:0) WtM

07-24-02, 10:15 AM (EST)
13. "Dorothy and Heather's Coalition(s)"
LAST EDITED ON 07-24-02 AT 10:17 AM (EST)

This thread needs a bump, for this reason:

I need you guys' opinions on this one.

We know that Heather and Dorothy is the "winning" coalition. We may also assume that they think it is Bill.

Of course, we still need to look at all possibilities.

1. Bill is the mole. The is easiest one, and the most plausible one as well. Not forming any coalitions, Bill never really dupes any of the players. Dorothy and Heather realize Bill is the mole and team up.

2. Dorothy is the mole. This is the second most plausible one IMO. First, Dorothy forms a coalition with Lisa. She misleads Lisa and Lisa is gone (and we thought it was Darwin's fault!). Then, she joins Elavia. This makes A LOT of sense actually. The Mole and the Prime Suspect teaming up. That would be great! It would also explain Dorothy's comment "that we could have plucked them all from the game." Later, she forms a coalition with Heather. Why? To strengthen Heather's Billfomo views! However, this story is not too likely, since Heather has not been eliminated yet, unless of course some of her guesses were correct.

3. Heather is the mole. She dupes Katie into believing that Elavia must be the mole, leaving Katie in a confused state when Elavia does leave. Later, like Dorothy would have, she formed a coalition to strengthen Dorothy's Billfomo views. However, this story has a flaw as well. Dorothy surely would have been executed if this is true.

So we have 3 options left for the outcome of the game.

1. Everyone knows it's Bill (which I believe)
2. Heather/Dorothy is the mole, and Bill figures it out.
3. Heather/Dorothy is the mole, and Bill (the MORON) picks the wrong person.
4. Heather/Dorothy's only reason to form the coalition was because one thinks the other is the mole. So Bill and Heather/Dorothy figures out the remaining player is the mole.

I would LOVE it if no one figures it out!!! That would be hilarious!!!
-----------------------------------
Quotes of the week:
9. "I was a little surprised when Anderson came into my room in a suit. He usually just comes into my room in his pajamas, just his bottoms usually."-Darwin
10. "Man, I'm screwed."-Dorothy

11. (creepily) "Tiny bubbles... In my wine... Makes me happy."-Anderson

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •