The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"ILM2 Episode #1: 'It's a Dirty Game, But Someone Has to Play It.'"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Flavor of Love / I Love New York Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-02-09, 07:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"ILM2 Episode #1: 'It's a Dirty Game, But Someone Has to Play It.'"
You have to give VH1 this: while some of their shows are getting progressively worse, their episode titles keep improving...

Premieres tonight a't nine EST. (No early edition -- that's rare.) We know these people. We can even tolerate exposure to a few of them for precious seconds. We have some idea of how the gameplay and editing work now, so we'll be in better shape until the first twist hits. Team switches, anyone?

But we still have one major problem.

We have an It.

And they may be playing It.

It is not good.

Can It tell?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: ILM2 Episode #1: 'It's a Dirty... Snidget 02-02-09 1
 Translation engine. Estee 02-02-09 2
   RE: Translation engine. ssinmd 02-03-09 3
 Random notes. Estee 02-03-09 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

02-02-09, 08:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: ILM2 Episode #1: 'It's a Dirty Game, But Someone Has to Play It.'"
Am I the only one that wants to switch It and Paula's sippy cups to see what would happen?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-02-09, 11:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Translation engine."
I'll comment on the premiere tomorrow -- but for now, here's a handy bit of shorthand that may save us a lot of trouble for the rest of the season: everyone's real names, show of origin, and team at the end of the first episode

Gold:

20 Pack/Nico Vasquez {I Love New York}
Angelique Morgan {Rock of Love}
Cali/Christina Ly {Real Chance of Love}
The Entertainer/Frank Maresca {I Love New York 2}
Heat/Jason Rosell {I Love New York}
It/Kwame Smalls {I Love New York 2}
Prancer/Mercedes Clausen) {Flavor of Love 3}
Saaphyri Windsor {Flavor of Love 2}
Tailor Made/George Weisgerber {I Love New York 2}

Green:

Bonez/Kevin Peters {I Love New York}
Buckwild/Becky Johnston {Flavor of Love 2}
Buddha/Ezra Masters {I Love New York 2}
Ice/Amanda Dohner {Flavor of Love 3}
Smiley/Leilene Ondrade {Flavor of Love}
Milf/Ahmo Hight {Real Chance of Love}
Myammee/Angela Pitts {Flavor of Love 3}
Onix/William Lash {I Love New York}
T-Weed/Kevin Watson {I Love New York}

ssinmd 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-03-09, 10:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssinmd Click to send private message to ssinmd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Translation engine."
Call me crazy (and I am, because I am totally addicted to this stuff), but I was thoroughly entertained by this episode. I see this season peaking very early though, because the real characters (Angelique - who will surely decide early on she can earn more money streeping, Buckwild, Saaphyri, and Buddha)are too unstable to last long.
And SOMEHOW VH1 has managed to find bigger morons than last season. Myamee thinks that Megan is a good role model and she won't get the weave wet and she still gets picked? 20 pack thinks Frank is a good leader? Frank OPENLY opposes Buddha? Leilene thinks one of these guys is a good catch? And Tamara? Don't even get me started...
BTW, what did MILF do to herself? She looks good.

02-03-09, 10:33 AM (EST)
4. "Random notes."
I was the one who said I wanted to see Erza on a show which was more strategy-based, and I have no complaints about getting my wish. (George may still be eminently hittable, but Erza is just going to have to resist that urge.) But Frank's the one who was really thinking strategically last night: get the most balanced threat out of the game before the team competitions ever began. That was a power move -- and while I'm not sorry it failed, I'm glad he tried it. I just thought failure was inevitable on that one -- there was no way he'd be able to convince everyone, and Kevin went renegade on him in the end.

Frank will have to keep an eye on his own ego -- if he's self-aware enough to spot the problem. He wasn't set up for the win before he went off that pole: he just wants to believe he was. And while it looks like Nico's all too happy to play the perfect soldier for a while, we have to consider the quality of the general.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
What happened to Becky? She is in no position to be chiming in on 'you never went to Charm School' jokes. It's as if she's trying to make herself as ugly as possible -- appearance and behavior alike. And we never heard about this work-release thing before (although it could have been shoehorned on the timeline). If she's deliberately playing a character, fine -- but it's disturbing to watch.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Keep this in mind: we had a quarter-million-dollar quote in Episode #1 last season, with Craig telling Nicole she was the only winner there. Listen closely to what people are saying in this premiere: there may be a second one lurking about.
Everyone's going to be focused on Erza -- but I feel Ahmo is a challenge threat for the more physical contests. She may be a model, but she's a fitness model: that means the body is required to do actual work at some point. If they let her slide for a while, she could come out of nowhere in the late stages...
I still think we're going to get a team switch at some point, or at least offer people chances to defect.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Angelique is not benefiting from the near-total loss of her subtitles. I kept glancing at the bottom of the screen to see what she was trying to say, and except for one brief moment of text clarity, I kept coming up with nothing. And 'nothing' is what she brings to the game. Not a physical, mental, or social threat -- which might make her the perfect person to carry for a while if she can contribute just enough to not drag her group down.
Saaphyri remains the Queen Of Confessionals. I was hoping she'd be our primary narrator, but -- not so far. Right now, it's megadoses of Frank. (I hear they have shots to clear that up.)
Can Jason really put aside revenge and concentrate on gameplay? Based on prior evidence, I'm not sure Jason can concentrate on putting his shoes on every morning. It's not a bad idea to consult the game veterans and hope for some pre-twist insight -- but look at who you're talking to.
In the 'some things never change' department: George continues to give off a faint aura of sewage. Amanda is still unintentionally hilarious. (The drop off the boat is already on my potential list for top ten reality moments of the year.) William remains interesting to look at, although this may vanish once we find out if there's anything else there. Kevin's still interesting -- there's a brain there and he may not be afraid to use it.

And Kwame -- Kwame is It. He is every inch the It. He may have never been anything that was not It. If It is a character, then It really needs to wink at the camera once in a while. It is disturbing. It is not fun to be around. It makes me want to reach for something large, heavy, and spiked.

It must go. Now.
Tamara needs help.

If I had been running that pick-'em -- I might have been in the 'get Erza out' camp, but I also would have considered his major value to a team in the early stages and the possibility of getting him later at the individual stage, when everyone would agree he had to go. So I would have been looking to leave out the weakest possible challenge competitor. To me, that's It: he may have some physical strengths, but his mental mistakes could kill you in every last matchup. I would have taken Tamara -- reluctantly -- and left It behind.

But that little breakdown fit Tamara threw followed by the wrong-way stormoff -- I don't think that was staged. It wasn't coherent enough for a full staging. There's a few gears missing upstairs, and you can see the smoke as the remaining parts grind against each other.

She'll have her own dating show next. Just wait.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •