The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode #4: can't anybody here throw this game?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Flavor of Love / I Love New York Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-28-08, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode #4: can't anybody here throw this game?"
So if you're running the Green Team, what on Earth do you do now? You've got two known Mole wanna-bes in your group with one more under the radar -- Destiney managed to avoid being fingered in that fiasco. A challenge has already been thrown. People are starting to think about eliminating the stronger players. You can't trust anyone for any reason, and it's only the fourth episode. Come to think of it, this would be a perfect time for a tribal team switch...

Of course, if you're on the Green Team, you're probably reasonably sane. We can't say the same about the ones who are there.

Poor 12-Pack/Dave. He had a plan. It was a good plan. It was even an intelligent plan. Get several Greens to throw the next challenge, have the same people vote the Stallionaires into the box, and get rid of Whiteboy. Solid plan, especially since the people he recruited were cooperating. Fun little Goofy cartoon, wasn't it? How To Build A Catapult (In Three Weeks Or Not Much Less). Sure, the editing may have been playing some tricks on just how much Lee's slowdown and Megan's no-down was slowing things up, given how relatively few chickens Gold managed to snag by the time Green started launching. (We did see raw chickens on the field, so there were unwitnessed misses. Presumably they were mailed to Schatar for her dining pleasure.)

But then we found out Whiteboy can't kick chickens for distance (or spot highly obvious sabotage inside three seconds), Dave & Heather can't make out on top of chickens for duration, and Dave can do his amazing Mojo Jojo impression. 'My plan is going just as planned!'

And what lesson have we learned, kids? Never include Megan in on your plans.

We learned lots of things. We found out Lee is very much a coward, because when everyone else wasn't raising their hands, he wasn't putting his up either. We discovered that while Chance still might need Ritalin plus something for anger management, Lee could really use a pill for the mood swings. (He's mad! He's depressed! He's argumentative! He's terrified! He's in the shower and we want him out!) Frankly, he could use some Ritalin to go with it, because after finding a tactic that would work -- stall -- and a position that helped -- check pressed between back and wall -- he gave it up. And we learned the no-contact rule is a weird beast at best, because there was more than a small shuffle around the voting box.

Poor Dave. It was a good plan -- and what did it give him? The choice among three people he'd promised he wouldn't vote out that day.

Lee pretty much had to go: Destiney's in the Gold team's pocket and Brandi's weak enough to keep. (She's also good for some interesting arguments at elimination, at least this week.) But if you're running the Green team, you should have some major question marks surrounding your chances to advance.

And if you happen to be Whiteboy, you can add this one: if Final Three came down to you and the Stallionaires, what makes you think either brother would ever choose you over each other?

They wouldn't. So he'd better have a plan ready -- and it had better go just as planned...

Cool catapults. For whatever that's worth.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode #4: can't anybody here... Snidget 07-28-08 1
   RE: Episode #4: can't anybody here... Estee 07-28-08 2
       RE: Episode #4: can't anybody here... toddE 07-28-08 3
           RE: Episode #4: can't anybody here... Estee 07-28-08 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-08, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode #4: can't anybody here throw this game?"
I do wonder who thought that any plan that required you to rely on any of these people would work.

I agree that Whiteboy is likely to be in trouble if they make it to the final three intact. Normally I'd say there was no way that would happen, but given this crew of folks...

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-28-08, 02:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode #4: can't anybody here throw this game?"
...he's got a chance. I'm with Fishercat in that I feel the editing is making it look like Nicole could be part of this F2: Whiteboy might be the other half. Given Megan's 'Me? Villain?' edit, she may wind up hanging on for an annoyingly long time.

I don't think it was the worst plan on Dave's part: it's certainly more thinking than most people have done since this show started. (Amazing what he can do when he's sober, isn't it?) He just wound up staking his hopes on a coward, a be-yotch, and an idiot -- who, sadly, were pretty much the only people he could turn to.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out what the next challenge is. Given the hand-drawn mustaches and poorly-acted nervous breakdowns, I'm guessing it has something to do with Pootie.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-28-08, 05:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode #4: can't anybody here throw this game?"
This was a pretty sucky episode, left a bad taste in my mouth.

But, Estee, I think it is me saying that Hoopz is gonna win. Or did Fishercat also say that somewhere?

Anyway, the plan was doomed if Megan and Brandi (why the C? Who knows?)had to partner up with Boston. But still, the girls were lame and the whole green team seems to be in thrall to Whiteboy, so I guess he will partner up with Hoopz to control the game at some point.

This episode just had too much bullying, cowardice, and straight out unappealing, unfun behavior. It was creepy, really.

07-28-08, 05:23 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Episode #4: can't anybody here throw this game?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-28-08 AT 06:07 PM (EST)

I think it is me saying that Hoopz is gonna win. Or did Fishercat also say that somewhere?

He did: sorry for leaving you out of the Nicole F2 list.

This episode just had too much bullying, cowardice, and straight out unappealing, unfun behavior. It was creepy, really.

Exactly what was the host there for? He stepped in during the first stage of the confrontation in the Vault, but he wasn't anywhere in sight when Lee was getting close to having his knuckles fractured during the struggle at the strongbox. Of course, Lee never should have moved off his first stance, and if he'd really wanted to protect his check, he could have stuck it down his pants and known no one was willing to go after it...

Chance (who will get his real name back when he earns it) is a bully: no doubt there. Whiteboy's not that far behind. Real is the sanest of the three by a large margin, but he has no control over either one.

As for unappealing, unfun behavior -- hello, Megan.

At one point, I was looking at Lee's battered check and wondering if it was a visual metaphor for his whole life.

And if you think this left a bad taste in your mouth, imagine how Rodeo feels after taking a faceful of Chicken Ala Schatar.

ETA: There were two Brandis on her original season, right? Looks like VH1 thinks we still can't tell them apart.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •