The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 8: Hey! Where is Everybody?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-06-08, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 8: Hey! Where is Everybody?"
I know we are the few and far between, but come on folks! I? loved that challenge last week! And it's title was Common Grounds, so where are our common grounds?

First, the QC with the rice in the bag? Ick. Just...ick. However, Antonia wins it with a dish her mom used to make for her as a child: rice salad with skirt steak.

In the EC, the chefs had to make an entree for a family of 4 that was healthy and with a budget of only $10!?!?!? That's a tough one, I must say. I have a hard time making dinner for myself for that much. And the surprise was that they had to cook the meal with what looked to be 8-10 year olds as sous chefs.

Andrew - a chicken paillard with basil and parmesan and a fennel, orange, and apple salad (looked fresh tasting)

Antonia - a stir fry of whole wheat noodles, chicken, bok choy, edamame, and cilatro (looked kinda ordinary to me)

Dale - turkey bratwurst with Dijon mustard, Granny Smith apples, potatoes, and sweet and sour cabbage (I would probably like it, but my 10 year old self would not have)

Lisa - chicken crusted with quinoy (I have no freakin' clue what that is) served with red beans and edamame (didn't even look good, IMHO)

Mark - roasted vegetables in red curry with a cucumber salad and garlic naan (again, I have no idea what a "naan" is)

Nikki - roasted chicken with apple and mixed vegetables and a tomato and cucumber salad (looked just like something my mom would have made)

Richard - roasted chicken with beets, avocado, apples, and cilantro (sounded delicious to me, but I lvoe beets!)

Spike - pasta in puttanesca sauce (one of my all time favorite meals and so it would have won it all for me, now and as a child)

Stephanie - braised chicken and veggie couscous with chive yogurt (looked like someone puked on a plate)

In the end, Antonia wins again!

Mark's crazy idea that a family of four is dying for a vegetable curry with not an ounce of protein sends him packing his knives.

Personally, I thought Spike, Richard, Nikki, and Andrew all made better dishes. But, since I can't taste them, I'll have to live with what looked like a very ordinary dish, even one that looked like it might have come in a frozen bag, winning the big one this week. And a fond farewell to our sloppy Aussie.

"Not this time." Barack Obama 3-18-08

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 8: Hey! Where is Every... aquariaqueen 05-06-08 1
 RE: Episode 8: Hey! Where is Every... txriverwillow 05-06-08 2
 RE: Episode 8: Hey! Where is Every... KwietOne 05-07-08 3
 RE: Episode 8: Hey! Where is Every... dabo 05-15-08 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-06-08, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 8: Hey! Where is Everybody?"
I liked the challenge....10 bucks for my family of 4 is more than I spend, so I was quite interested in what they came up with.

The frustrating thing for me would be the children in the kitchen with me....I don't think I would have liked that at all! However, it was neat to see the children try what they made. It got them out of their comfort zone of food choices.

I want more individual challenges.

Wedding challenge looks fun for the next episode.

“I love Jesus but I drink a little”. Gladys Hardy

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

txriverwillow 262 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-06-08, 02:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail txriverwillow Click to send private message to txriverwillow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 8: Hey! Where is Everybody?"
I think Mark's whining that Tom didn't like him was just immature. I liked him earlier in the season but as the season went on, he seemed like he fell apart.

Antonia seemed to really hit well with this judge. I think that is one of the toughest challenges in this competition (and a totally fair one) that what one judge will like, another will find it doesn't suit him as well. That is like with food critics.

Looks like a drama filled episode coming up.

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-07-08, 08:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 8: Hey! Where is Everybody?"
Hey, $10 is easy, given how most of the chefs either chose chicken or pasta. Nikki's whole chicken and veggies is something a family of four can have for less than $10.

It would have been nice to see Spike in the Top 3 given how far he stretched that $10, but like you said, we can't taste them.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-15-08, 01:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 8: Hey! Where is Everybody?"
I finally caught up with the episodes tonight. Shame about Mark but I'd come to expect he would be eliminated sometime if he couldn't step up his game.

I was tempted to call that challenge the Heading For The New Depression challenge, stretching a budget is an every day challenge for many and it was good to see these top chefs thrown into it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •