The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Judges made me cranky"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-18-07, 10:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Judges made me cranky"
Due to their holier than though attitude.

Okay, so getting drunk was silly, shaving their heads sillier, but I gotta say, Elia looked hot bald. Going after Marcel was dumb and wron. The ONLY one we saw man-handle him and wrestle him to the ground in a rough manner was Cliff. It was dumb, he broke the rules, he was sent home. He appologized. Everyone else thught it was a dumb prank gone too far.

So, they ask Sam. "Would you condone that type of behavior in your kitchen?"

Were they *in* a kitchen?

So, if you work together in a kitchen of a restaurant, and one of your chefs goes home, dresses like a furrby and like to play the bongos with naked men, WTF does that have to do with the kitchen? His job?

Now, I do know, they are in a competition and that eyes are watching at all times, you should conduct yourselves fairly decently. But to berate them and treat them like children? I wanted to reach into my TV and strangle those judges.

I have vented.

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat And Icey bounced me! Yippee!!
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Amen! PhoenixMons 01-18-07 1
   RE: Amen! cqvenus 01-18-07 3
   RE: Amen! tamarama 01-18-07 5
   RE: Amen! AmyF 01-19-07 11
 RE: Judges made me cranky arkiegrl 01-18-07 2
 RE: Judges made me cranky maryellennaco 01-18-07 4
   RE: Judges made me cranky ginger 01-18-07 6
       RE: Judges made me cranky tac_2 01-18-07 9
   Ilan PhoenixMons 01-18-07 7
       RE: Ilan tac_2 01-18-07 8
           RE: Ilan geg6 01-19-07 10
               RE: Ilan EMTBGRL 01-19-07 12
   ilan cqvenus 01-19-07 13
       RE: ilan EMTBGRL 01-19-07 14
           RE: ilan ginger 01-19-07 15
               RE: ilan KObrien_fan 01-19-07 16
                   RE: ilan ginger 01-19-07 17
 RE: Judges made me cranky Fishercat 01-19-07 18
   RE: Judges made me cranky EMTBGRL 01-19-07 19
       RE: Judges made me cranky Fishercat 01-19-07 20
   One more point Fishercat 01-19-07 21
   RE: Judges made me cranky anotherkim 01-19-07 22
       RE: Judges made me cranky fedcamper 01-20-07 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-18-07, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Amen!"
I couldn't agree more! Cliff was stupid and he apologized. Unless they're not showing us everything that went on, there was no need to lecture the others. They knew that they were pretty much at the end of the road - with only the finals in Hawaii standing in their way. Based upon the hair growth of Ilan and Elia, Hawaii must take place a while after this last episode...so I'm sure they all felt a little relief that it was all over (for now). They were childish, sure, but must they be professional at home, too?

It seems as if the judges pity Marcel for some reason - because the others can't stand him, perhaps. I doubt it would have been as big of a deal had it been a different contestant being the target of the joke.

I do think that it was a very stupid idea and they were all being pretty ridiculous, but come on. I'm sure if I were in Marcel's shoes I'd be pretty pissed waking up to someone trying to restrain me, but Cliff was the only one taking part in that. I thought the judges overreacted and were just trying to create drama for the cameras.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-18-07, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Amen!"
Based upon the hair growth of Ilan and Elia, Hawaii must take place a while after this last episode

that was the first thing DH and i noticed during the previews. friggin how long did they get... a MONTH???

should be plenty of time for marcel to work out some new foam recipes.

and for ilan the jackass to school him with some paprika (stupidest argument ever).

~ cqc

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-18-07, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Amen!"
According to Tom's Blog on www.bravotv.com, they actually had THREE months off before Hawaii. Holy carp!

http://www.bravotv.com/blog/tomcolicchio/2007/01/tom_211_1.php?page=1

AmyF 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-19-07, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AmyF Click to send private message to AmyF Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Amen!"
I agree... the judges did overreact. The entire episode was crazy. However, I am just glad I do not have to watch or listen to Betty. The best show was when she was booted off!

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-07, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Judges made me cranky"
I agree! They weren't *in* the kitchen, they weren't *on* the job, so what does it matter if Sam would or would not condone that type of behavior in the kitchen?

And I thought everyone knew if you're going to shave someone's head as a prank, you do it while they are asleep. You don't wake them up first.

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-18-07, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Judges made me cranky"
The whole thing was just wrrrroooonnnnnggggg. It had a "Lord of the Flies" feel to it. I just thought Cliff went WWAAAAYYYY off the reservation with all that hooey. However, I'm not sure that whoever was egging him on in the background (who's still around, btw) was any less culpable than Cliff. Who WAS that??

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-07, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Judges made me cranky"
OK, I haven't seen the episode yet, but Tom's blog was interesting. He says he wanted to bounce all of them and award Marcel the win by default, and that the producers vetoed this notion.

I will reserve further comment til I see the "hazing" episode.

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-18-07, 09:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Judges made me cranky"
I think Tom had it right. I also think he's the only judge worth returning for another season.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-18-07, 09:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Ilan"
He kept saying "come on Sam...Cliff's not holding him down for nothing" and "Elia, get in here".

Elia and Sam seemed to not want to have any part in it once Cliff actually held him down. Ilan did seem to be a big part of it, but that he didn't actually physically touch Marcel is probably what saved him

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

01-18-07, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ilan"
Actually, Sam should consider himself lucky, as well. Remember he blew up at Marcel while shopping for supplies and we briefly saw the crowd that was watching the whole thing. Could he or would he or *has he had private blow-ups with Marcel that we haven't been privy to?

Ilan seemed sincere in his comments after the incident about Marcel, I'll give him that.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-07, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ilan"
Sorry, but I can't agree with you. Sam stayed out of this whole incident. Wisely.

Yelling at someone in a store is something I do from time to time. LOL! I don't see why this is something that Sam should feel "lucky" about. Except for this one incident, Sam has been the most mature of the bunch and, despite his utter disdain for Marcel, he's the one that helped him out when he couldn't plate fast enough. Even though Marcel refused to help him when asked. That's class.

The strongest man in the world is he who stands alone. — Henrik Ibsen
If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away. - Henry David Thoreau

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-19-07, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Ilan"
>Sorry, but I can't agree with
>you. Sam stayed out
>of this whole incident.
>Wisely.

I thought so, too. Then I read Tom Colicchio's blog where he clearly states he can "hear Sam laughing in the background" which means the Sam is also culpable. He gave his consent by "laughing at the prank" (gone wrong) and doing nothing to stop it.

I also do NOT believe that Elia was "clueless" as she, apparently, claimed to Tom, also in his blog. That comment, coupled with her immature attitude in the kitchen during the elimination challenge, made me wish Elia wasn't going to Hawaii.

She might have technical skills, but her personality skills are not one of "leadership."

cqvenus 9764 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-07, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "ilan"

yeah from the blog:

Ilan yelling, "Get him! Get him!" from behind the camera

~ cqc

01-19-07, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: ilan"
>yeah from the blog:
>
>Ilan yelling, "Get him! Get him!"
>from behind the camera

Yes, that was disturbing, too. "Accessory" leaps to mind. Just because Ilan wasn't holding down Marcel, it doesn't mean that his actions were not ALSO immoral and against the rules of the competition. I can't see how yelling "Get him! Get him!" isn't ALSO viewed as "hostile."

If Ilan were as strong as Cliff? He could have EASILY been the one holding down Marcel, with Cliff either laughing or egging on, from the living room.

I was trying to make the point that they were ALL involved, not just Cliff and Ilan.

Sam is not off the hook in responsibility for the incident.

Although I don't think that Marcel is the best chef, nor do I think he has the leadership skills required to be Top Chef. After reviewing the incident, and Tom's blog, I think the Producers were wrong to not award Marcel the prize by default, since he was the ONLY person not to violate the rules of the competition.

I think this incident will put Marcel in the Final Two.

If Tom feels this way? I don't think he's likely to "let it go" and will push to keep Marcel.

I also feel badly for Tom that it was his birthday when this happened!

01-19-07, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: ilan"
Remember "The Accused" with Jodie Foster? Just sayin...

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-07, 01:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: ilan"
Remember "The Accused" with Jodie Foster?

That is exactly what came to mind as I watched the whole thing the other night. It made me sick that it happened, but the reason they showed it was clearly to show us why Cliff was DQed. So much more drama this year with the earlier stealing of the supplies, cheating on the challenge, now this. It totally detracts from the show.

01-19-07, 03:31 PM (EST)
17. "RE: ilan"
I agree. I was tired enough of the Dave-hates-Tif crap at the end of the last season - this season it has gotten way out of hand.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-19-07, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Judges made me cranky"
My shortened opinion on these issues

Cliff's ouster was justified, since the second you make physical contact with another contestant that was not allowed, he's gone.

Elia has no guilt in this to me. I didn't see her nearby at any point and she was smart to get out of the way.

Sam has no guilt in this to me either. Omitting to save Marcel is not grounds for exile. A sin by omission may be a sin, and not standing up for a person in an argument may mean supporting the other side, but not defending a person from the treatment isn't grounds for disqualification. It'd be like if everyone got booted because Sam threatened Marcel in the store (whatever, it got close).

Ilan deserved a warning for the eging, but he didn't deserve the boot either for the incident. It's not in the rules that such actions can't be egged on, rather that you can't commit them. Marcel tried to instigate fights with Betty earlier in the season, but words mean nothing in terms of rules on the shows.

I felt bad for Marcel, that's scary as hell. But if Chef Tom's idea went through, this would tarnish Marcel. He didn't earn the title, he fluked his way into it. There were up to four better chefs there who got DQed on a stunt, and he'd be perhaps the most disrespected show winner of all-time. It'd be like Sara winning on HK2 because Keith threw a piece of chicken at her.

The judges were being snobby and, well, assholes. The contestants showed repentance. Cliff knew what he did was wrong and left. Ilan showed a lot of regret, Sam knew it went too far, and Elia wasn't even there. Hell, even Marcel wanted to talk about the food. But no, these judges had the audacity to compare the home situation to a kitchen. Hey, how would you like Marcel coming to your house at 3 AM and pouring chocolate down your throat? Since work and home are the same thing? Come on. It was a bad idea. It was a horrid prank. But guess what, it's over. They knew they were wrong. They need to get the sticks out of their ##### and move on. Hell, Marcel did and he was the victim. EXCEPT FOR TOM, THEY DIDN'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT BEFORE THE TABLE! HOW CAN THEY FAIRLY JUDGE WHAT IS GOING ON?

My God.

I'll support a complete boot of everyone but Marcel when everyone who was around the scene of a robbery is jailed on such charges for failing to stop the action. It's not going to happen nor should it.

01-19-07, 04:19 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Judges made me cranky"
You make some good points.
>
>I'll support a complete boot of
>everyone but Marcel when everyone
>who was around the scene
>of a robbery is jailed
>on such charges for failing
>to stop the action. It's
>not going to happen nor
>should it.

Did you ever see the last episode of Seinfeld? just sayin'

01-19-07, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Judges made me cranky"
There's a reason that episode was panned. ;P

01-19-07, 04:27 PM (EST)
21. "One more point"
Would I be the only one who wouldn't mind some sort of handicap against Ilan for the incident. Not a booting, but something that makes the next challenge in Hawaii harder? He did wrong, not wrong enough to get booted but it could be a different form of a warning. Or would that be interfering too much?

anotherkim 14419 desperate attention whore postings

01-19-07, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Judges made me cranky"
ditto.

Cliff was drunk and acting stupid and scary.

fedcamper 142 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-20-07, 06:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail fedcamper Click to send private message to fedcamper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Judges made me cranky"
I'm just sorry they didn't follow Elia's original suggestion to all shave their heads except Marcel, so his silly do would look even goofier by comparison. Or better yet, they could have all styled their hair to look like his (wig for Cliff). That would have been the bomb! Made their point and no horrible consequences. Whoever said "Lord of the Flies" was right on.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •