The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"9/12 show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-13-07, 01:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"9/12 show"
Wake up, you sleepyheads, wakey wakey wakey! Padma needs to watch some old Gomer Pyles, see how "real" drill sergeants do it.

Well, enough about Alarm Clock Padma, it's a nice concept and I really really want one but I still haven't gotten my Christmas Story Leglamp.

The breakfast quickfire went relatively well. Very well, actually. I'm a big fan of sunnysideup eggs, glad to see them getting good exposure. Now I just need to get an online petition started to get my local Health Department to quit being such anti-sunnysideuppers, so what about the health risks.

Anyway, all the breakfasts looked tasty, I probably would have selected Dale's as my favorite. Congrats though to Hung for his winning steak and eggs breakfast. It looked good too but I would have disqualified the jerk for serving booze for breakfast, everyone knows mouthwash is the only acceptable morning booze.

So, everyone pile into the plane, it's off to... New York City! How original.

But first a layover in Newark for the elimination challenge.

Um, any you Bravo folk reading this, in last week's thread when I predicted an airline chow elimination challenge... I WAS JOKING!!!

These challenges throwing top chef contendors into specialized cooking circumstances for the purpose of spotlighting a show sponsor, CUT IT OUT!!!!! Enough already. It's called Top Chef not Top Product Placement!

Well, being demoted to airline cooks for the day, the remaining six tried to rise to the challenge, it actually seemed to go a lot better than the flashfroze Italian supermarket dreck challenge.

Congrats to Casey. Brian's Flintstones-sized hunk of meat looked especially challenging for us chowhounds out here, but way too much to work through while being held captive in a metal tube at 30,000 feet. Casey's cutlets were the perfect choice to milehigh cuisine, and looked nummy too.

Hated to see CJ walk the plank, but it is always a bad sign when the words "prison food" are used. I really thought Sara's "catfood" deserved the kiss of death, I've cooked a lot of salmon and have no idea how you get it to be dry as a bone.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 9/12 show jbug 09-13-07 1
 RE: 9/12 show KeithFan 09-13-07 2
 RE: 9/12 show Sues 09-13-07 3
 RE: 9/12 show SherpaDave 09-13-07 4
   RE: 9/12 show JessicaRN 09-14-07 5
       RE: 9/12 show RonReports 09-14-07 6
   RE: 9/12 show Tenorsaxy 09-16-07 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-07, 09:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 9/12 show"
I thought the breakfast quickfire was a good one. Hopefully they wre given time to wash their faces & hands before starting tho! ewwww!! I sure thought CJ was going to win that one.

By now the chefs should KNOW that nothing goes the way they think hope it's going to (remember the nite out in Miami? yea, right!).
They always manage to look surprised and annoyed that a challenge is thrown at them. Duh! This is a competition, right?

I too tho am getting tired of the challenges that are too obviously made for the product placement. Making chefs who are in a competition that can change their lives cook airline food? Just so Continental could give away 2 tickets to anywhere?
This could have worked out better if they had given each chef an assistant - someone who really works in the airline food kitchen. It's pretty sad that they had to figure out how to open the cabinets on their own.

BTW, who here has had first class cuisine on an airline? I'm with most of the chefs - peanuts and pretzels.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-07, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 9/12 show"
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-07 AT 10:19 AM (EST)

How do I know the breakfast challenge was staged? Ain't no way Padma walks into the womens bedroom and Casey is sleeping in that iron maiden bra. Dangnabit.

I was disappointed to see CJ go; overall, I think he's done a better job than Brian, or Sara for that matter.

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-13-07, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 9/12 show"
I have to respectfully disagree on the booze for breakfast....I love me a good mimosa! Bloody Mary? A smoothy with a kick? Breakfast of champions!

I liked Dale's too, looked yummy. Not big into steak for breakfast or an egg in my french toast. But hey, to each her own!

Everything seems to be product placement these days...guess they're not making enough off the 57 commercials...I did like this challenge though, I always find it a kick when they have to 'create' in less than optimal situations. I also thought the comments about not serving gastro-intenstinal distressing food (cauliflower) at 30,000 feet was hysterical...and good thinking!

Let's send the remaining to the subways of New York with a hotplate and a fishbowl...whoever gets the most tips wins!

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-07, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 9/12 show"
Most amusing moment of the show: everyone in hairnets, but Padma wearing hers in such a way that she still looks good, but that is obviously not going to prevent hair from getting in food.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-14-07, 00:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 9/12 show"
Anytime that Anthony Bourdain is on this show gets my attention. He always makes me laugh. I kind of think he and Tom must be friends. Tom was looking pretty cute in his cap also. This might be the first female Top Chef winner with Casey. She seems to be gaining momentum.

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-14-07, 09:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 9/12 show"
I enjoyed this episode and this entire season of Top Chef. When a chef earns the distinction of having produced the worst tasting food that was ever served in three seasons of Top Chef, it is a sign that he needed to go.

Tenorsaxy 947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-16-07, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tenorsaxy Click to send private message to Tenorsaxy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 9/12 show"
Agreed! Her bangs hanging out of her hairnet looked just as rediculous as if she had put it on correctly...at least then it would have been functional. Hairnets are never fashionable, why even try?

Sorry to see CJ go and Tre a couple weeks ago. Now I'm rooting for Casey! Sara and her dried-out salmon dishes have been safe for the last few weeks to maintain some sort of male/female balance, but she's as done as that salmon.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •