The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"9/5 show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-06-07, 00:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"9/5 show"
LAST EDITED ON 09-06-07 AT 00:58 AM (EST)

And then there were seven, time to go begging for sponsors! Honestly, the challenges this time just seemed ridiculously handicapped.

Hung's Smurf Village looked great!
But Gosh! They have Spam in Miami!
Time to charge the Froot Loops and Spam folks, they have been put in the hands of genuine chefs now!

Anyway, the low budget and terms of the quickfire were bad, but having an elim based on finger foods on a shoestring budget for a hautcoutour party was just the same, doing it all in a ship's galley was the only fun element.

Anyway, good for Casey, her dish not only looked edible but actually sounded like a treat!

So long, Howie. Nice of you to quit. Actually it was kind of funny the same bullheadedness he's exhibited throughout the series got him so upset as to quit. Kind of a shame the judges wouldn't let him.

And then it turned out to be...

So long, Howie.

um, any you Bravo folks reading this, the you can't quit you're fired nonsense is where I stopped watching Top Flipped. Let's not have any more of that.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 9/5 show KObrien_fan 09-06-07 1
   RE: 9/5 show RonReports 09-06-07 8
 RE: 9/5 show aquariaqueen 09-06-07 2
   RE: 9/5 show jbug 09-06-07 3
 RE: 9/5 show jbug 09-06-07 4
   RE: 9/5 show bystander 09-06-07 5
       RE: 9/5 show jbug 09-06-07 6
 RE: 9/5 show geg6 09-06-07 7
   RE: 9/5 show dabo 09-07-07 9
 RE: 9/5 show Tiggertramp 09-07-07 10
 RE: 9/5 show Fishercat 09-07-07 11
   RE: 9/5 show drumtech 09-07-07 12
       RE: 9/5 show dabo 09-07-07 13
           RE: 9/5 show drumtech 09-08-07 14
               RE: 9/5 show dabo 09-09-07 15
                   RE: 9/5 show topmodelchick 09-11-07 16
                       RE: 9/5 show dabo 09-12-07 17
                           RE: 9/5 show mayorbee43 09-12-07 18
                               RE: 9/5 show dabo 09-13-07 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-07, 07:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KObrien_fan Click to send private message to KObrien_fan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 9/5 show"
They accepted Mia's quit last season, why not Howie? I was pissed. Glad they sent him packing afterall!!!!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

RonReports 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-06-07, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RonReports Click to send private message to RonReports Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 9/5 show"
>They accepted Mia's quit last season,
>why not Howie? I
>was pissed. Glad they
>sent him packing afterall!!!!!

By the time Howie made his offer, the judges knew that they were going to tell him to leave, but they wanted to do it on their terms, based on his poor performance, instead of allowing him to volunteer to leave. When the judges disliked both of Howie's dishes after Howie failed to produce anything for the Quickfire Challenge, he was as good as gone.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-06-07, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 9/5 show"
I loved it when she said "You can get your things out of the RAV 4's". What a pimp!

Did the judges have Hung a little frustrated at Judges Table? They were dissing his dish as being "80s". I don't think I have seen him that frustrated that he rambled and sputtered.

Again, they were criticized for having too many items instead of a few good ones. I will be curious to see, if that door swings the other way on later challenges.

Not sure the best 6 are still left in the competition.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-07, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 9/5 show"
I could just see the judges if the chefs had made say only 4 items. They prolly would have made them walk the plank (oh wait, that show got cancelled - & it wasn't design star!).

Almost wish they had had 2 teams and then we could see if one team made a lot of items and the other only a few - which the judges would have chosen as the making the wrong decision.

Remember "do-overs"? let's let them have another do-over.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

09-06-07, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 9/5 show"
Regardless of how or why he is gone, I'm glad Howie is gone. I know editing is big on these shows, but the expressions he has - like when they were criticizing his 2 items - he does not like to be criticised! No matter how bad any of his food, any of his customers would be crazy to say anything - he might hit them!

Sliced Strait From the Heart

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-06-07, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 9/5 show"
I'm also glad Howie is gone. It's been a long time coming and it finally happened. I wish they would have just accepted his withdrawal with a big "Don't cut yerself on yer knives as yer packin buddy!"

Of course editing is a big part of how people are portrayed but the editors can only work with what you give them.

09-06-07, 03:28 PM (EST)
6. "RE: 9/5 show"
This?

is Howie.

"come & get me, I dare all's of ya."

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-07, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: 9/5 show"
Thank dog that egomaniacal lunatic is finally gone.

Yay! Hopefully no more pork dishes.

I thought Casey and CJs dishes looked and sounded the best, so good pick on those two. I'm also intrigued by the tomato bread pudding even though I really think Sara is second rate all the way.

I'm a little surprised to find myself starting to root for CJ to win. Yes, he make some bad choices. But he almost always makes up for it with something spectacular. And he has no problem stepping up and admitting his mistakes.

Of a lackluster bunch, I kinda like that.

"Let them call me rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul by swearing allegiance to one whose character is that of a sottish, stupid, stubborn, worthless, brutish man. I conceive likewise a horrid idea in receiving mercy from a being, who at the last day shall be shrieking to the rocks and mountains to cover him, and fleeing with terror from the orphan, the widow, and the slain of America." Thomas Paine

09-07-07, 00:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: 9/5 show"
LAST EDITED ON 09-07-07 AT 00:45 AM (EST)

Yeah, I'm glad Howie is gone as well. He put out a few good dishes but mainly he caused a lot of drama queen discordance. He probably knew he was finished, his death throes whining about how he'd been a team player and they'd all done a good job and so on were just more of the same Howie Show.

Of the remaining six:

I like Dale but he seems to have some weird sort of Type-A Inferiority Complex about his skills, he's been mentally ready to go for awhile now. Sara finally started putting her best foot forward, she's proved she is worthy of the title chef but she really isn't in the top chef league. Hung continues to amuse, continues to not get it, continues to put the fault everywhere but on himself whenever he falls short; the Hung Show is another that has been mined for all it is worth and deserves to be finished now. I really haven't warmed to Brian, he is at turns an excellent chef and a total disaster. Casey is very capable and comes up with great ideas, she falls short in execution sometimes, but she knows how to take constructive criticism with good grace. So I find myself rooting for CJ, but I think he's been trying to just play it safe up to now and really needs to step up to the plate.

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-07-07, 12:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 9/5 show"
I am not sorry to have Howie gone. He may be a great chef, but he has problem with time constraints, and frankly, those dishes looked like poop. I have seen poop look better.

Frankly, Hung will win this I am sure, and his biggest competition is gone, Trey. I would have loved to see them both fight out the finally.

Whatever. I just know that I love this stupid show.

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat And Icey bounced me! Yippee!!
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-07-07, 06:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 9/5 show"
LAST EDITED ON 09-07-07 AT 07:00 PM (EST)

This episode was a steaming pile of doggie diarrhea.

First of all, to get this out of the way since I have been a Howie supporter this whole time, he was the right decision to send home. In the end, he had the worst dishes of the group in this given challenge and there wasn't a significant enough negative outside influence (Brian) to justify sending him home.

With that said, this entire episode was crap.

The quickfire. I am upset over the treatment of Hung. Hung's obvious, he was creative, artistic, and he followed all the rules. To have the "guest judge" make snide comments about it because he was, as Hung said, closed minded. Did he need to win? Of course not. But all the judge did was mock the design.

Howie decided not to serve a dish because his dish was crap. Obviously he was going to be on the bottom, duh. But considering how much we've heard them complain about serving horrible dishes, I'd think that not serving a bust of a dish would be looked upon well. Not a huge issue at THIS POINT.

Then the main challenge. This was an infuriating challenge.

OK, 350 dollars for 7 people to split to serve 60. OK, that's a little under 6 for each person on the boat and 50 for each chef. On a catering challenge. 6 dollars seems incredibly cheap, so they had to take the mini-dish route. I hate this situation. First of all, two factors are very unrealistic for this scenario. A high powered fashion designer is unlikely to skimp that badly on catering money. Additionally, they wouldn't be given only two hours to do this, which is absurd. Whatever, it's the challenge.

Now, if you watched last season's catering challenge, you remember the losing team lost (Cliff, Elia, Mia, and Mike, the episode where Mia quit) partially because they served four dishes as compared to the winning team's 12 dishes. The judges said in that episode that those four dishes would have needed to be perfect to beat the 12 dishes based on sheer variety. So they go for variety, makes sense. Of course, the absurd price limit really limits what they can do.

So, they get to the task of having various dishes and all the cooking is done and blah blah blah. We all saw it. That isn't where my huge beefs are.

OK, now we're at judges table.

First of all, we had one dish that didn't go out. Howie got reamed pretty badly for failing to put out a dish in ten minutes during the quickfire. Let's remember that.

Brian gets reamed for NOT preventing the dishes from going out. He gets criticized heavily for letting his fellow chefs serve their dishes, under a strict time limit, in a situation where people were complaining the entire time about the lack of available food (probably due to the budget and time not allowing mass prep of food). None of the dishes were throw up bad, and I realize that food like Howie's isn't standard catering fare in terms of quality, but this wasn't a standard catering situation.

And then, perhaps even worse, NO MENTION of Sara and Casey's botched dish. It was bad enough for Brian to not serve it. It was bad enough where everyone agreed not to serve it. Sara and Casey did not fight for it. It was that bad, and if served, probably would have been the worst dish of the night, assumingly. And...there's no retribution? They wasted money on a clearly tight budget (which hurt Dale a lot, I'm sure if they scrapped that chocolate disaster, his goat cheese would have gone under budget), ditched half of their dishes (each did two, including that one IIRC), and instead of being placed at the bottom like Howie was in the quickfire, Sara was Top 3 and Casey WON? Seriously? They failed on 50% of their dishes. Hung got nearly crucified for his old dish, but Sara got Top 3 for bread pudding? For real?

OK, fine, whatever. We know the judges can be hypocritical (even the "where the hell did she come from" substitute for Gail and the terribly useless guest judge) asshats, but surely, they can remember last season, right? I mean, they were complete and utter asshats last season too, with the coddling of Marcel from the barbs of others and that, at times, blatantly hypocritical comments (my favorite was how he bashed Cliff/Sam/Elia for behavior unworthy of a kitchen...in their dorm. And then when someone else acts up later...peep...). But they can remember back to the last catering challenge, right? You know, Final 8 of last year. We had Elia, who had a bad night, ready to go home. Then Mia comes in and sacrifices herself for the 4th place finisher. They accepted her quitting and let her go, and Elia stay.

So logically, when Howie wants to quit, perhaps out of going out on "his terms" and perhaps in an effort to save Brian, who he clearly respected but on the block, he would be let go. Even if they didn't want to, they could let him go and be himself.

NOPE!

You can't quit! It's our decision! Sure, we didn't stop Mia from quitting because she was saving Elia. But no Howie, you can't quit, because we fire you! Yeah, that's right. Haha.

There is no legitimate show that DOESN'T allow quitting. Sure, Probst spits on quitters and Ramsay yells, but they let them go. But not on Top Chef, the bastion of moral integrity. No, don't let the disgruntled chef go home, at least without pushing him on the bus yourself.

I think we saw tonight who the real immature assholes were in the Top Chef atmosphere tonight: Tom and Padma.

This show makes me sick sometimes. Absolutely pathetic displays. I bet the contestants on Kid Nation wouldn't pull Bush League crap like this.

Edit Note: I think my opinion on the judges would be supported by most of the contestants on that night. Brian was clearly disgusted by their behavior, and none of them except perhaps Casey and Sara looked terribly happy.

drumtech 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-07-07, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drumtech Click to send private message to drumtech Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: 9/5 show"
LAST EDITED ON 09-07-07 AT 08:06 PM (EST)

Anyone have an idea on where the group is heading for the next episode?

I agree with the person who placed Hung and Tre in the Final. Tre is by far a better chef than most, if not all, of the chef's remaining. Dont think he should have gone home this early

09-07-07, 10:05 PM (EST)
13. "RE: 9/5 show"
Welcome aboard! Always glad to see newcomers around here.

No idea where they're going, hopefully somewhere they can still use exterior establishment shots of beaches and bikinis.

The way this series is going, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the next elim involves preparing airline chow.

As for the Howie quitting business mentioned above, I think if Howie had timed his quit later they would have probably accepted it. But the judges hadn't reached their DAW quotient for the episode or even announced the winner of the challenge yet.

drumtech 2 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-07, 00:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail drumtech Click to send private message to drumtech Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: 9/5 show"
Glad to be here! Thx!

I really thought Sara wouldnt last this long. DOnt get me wrong, she is talented, but I dont believe she deserved to b hanging around this long.

What are yalls thoughts on that?

09-09-07, 09:46 AM (EST)
15. "RE: 9/5 show"
What Sara lacks in creativity she makes up for with maturity, observing her own and everyone else's mistakes she has learned the game and seems to have a handle on the unpredictable judges. This could take her pretty far, maybe even to the final two (unlikely), but it won't win the final winners challenge.

topmodelchick 38 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-11-07, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail topmodelchick Click to send private message to topmodelchick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: 9/5 show"
After reading this site for years, I have finally signed up...

I am now rooting for Hung or Dale, I think that CJ is a user and I don't really want him to win. (I might just be blaming him for Tre's ouster)

09-12-07, 01:20 AM (EST)
17. "RE: 9/5 show"
Welcome aboard! Glad you finally decided to join us!

I like Dale, he's shown some creativity but very little in the way of competitiveness. Hung is a competitor but I am more amused by his egotism than anything else. CJ really needs to bring his game up, I grant that, but I suspect he's got more to bring to the table than he has let on.

Anyway, this has been great, always love to see newcomers!

mayorbee43 1 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-07, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mayorbee43 Click to send private message to mayorbee43 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: 9/5 show"
big fan of the show.. just wanted to share this animated parody of Top Chef that a friend of mine made. hope you all enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMkRt1gXKiI

09-13-07, 01:25 AM (EST)
19. "RE: 9/5 show"
Welcome aboard! Great, funny (somewhat disgusting) parody, it probably should be given its own thread.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •