The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"8/15 show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-16-07, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"8/15 show"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-07 AT 02:29 PM (EST)

Ooops, please see message below.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 8/15 show weltek 08-16-07 1
   RE: 8/15 show dabo 08-17-07 2
 RE: 8/15 show kilarney 08-17-07 3
 RE: 8/15 show flipxcyd 08-17-07 4
   RE: 8/15 show dabo 08-19-07 5
 RE: 8/15 show Fishercat 08-19-07 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

08-16-07, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 8/15 show"
LAST EDITED ON 08-16-07 AT 02:30 PM (EST)

Oh for cods sake. WTF-I can't get my first line of my original message to disappear...I didn't want a spoiler to show up, so I edited the spoilage out, yet it still shows up on the condensed page. My message looks fine when I open it. So I deleted the original post and did this. ARRRRRGH!!!! Anyway...

I was shocked at the outcome! What did everyone think of the two restaurants?

I think it was smart of CJ to pick Casey to be on the team, although a bit demeaning that he did it for her girlish touch to the docor. Glad the judges liked the look of April. I did, too. Brian really ruined it for them. Other than the oversmoked potatoes and Brian's getting flustered, it would've been a pretty good success.

The Garage was a good concept, to go a little more edgy, but it just didn't come together. Big ooops with the candles. And I knew Howie's risotto was going to be a mess when he stated "I don't make my risotto like other chefs." Their dessert looked quite yummy, though! And glad Hung did a nice job without being an arse.

I also thought Howie was making an effort to be a nicer guy ever since his teammates ripped him a new one last time.

I can't wait to see how the teams improve next week.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

08-17-07, 02:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 8/15 show"
I was disappointed (though not surprised) at the "to be continued." It seemed to me just another way to let Howie dodge the bullet after his risotto crashed and burned.

When team April were told they weren't the winners, was I the only one who thought, "Ah, heck, no one's getting eliminated."?

The burger quickfire was kind of neat, like hey they finally decided to find out who could ruin the great American sammich! Howie's actually looked the best to me. I wouldn't mind trying some of the other ones as well.

CJ picked a good team for the elimination challenge but he would have been better off had he had Dale not Brian on his team. I thought it wonderfully strategic of CJ to have Howie and Sara together on the other team, too bad he didn't think that through a bit more. Howie and Sara seem to have learned something from their previous disasterous effort in the pairs competition. And Hung managed to contain his hyperactivity better than in previous episodes.

Restaurant April seemed pretty cool, a bit too much on the decor really. Restaurant Garage just looked and sounded like a bad joke, I have no idea still what the "concept" was supposed to be. If you can explain it to me, by all means clue me in.

kilarney 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-17-07, 08:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kilarney Click to send private message to kilarney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 8/15 show"
This show plugs more products than The Apprentice. But why, oh why, did they see the need to plug a blog? Surely there must have been something going on there. They gave her WAAAAAY to much attention.

flipxcyd 1053 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-17-07, 08:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail flipxcyd Click to send private message to flipxcyd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: 8/15 show"
When Dale and Brian were brought back in, I was thinking to myself no way in heck one of 'em will get eliminated based on how they ran their restaurants. It's not apprentice. It's all about the food!

So, it looks like someone surprising will be eliminated. I'm thinking Hung...or Tre even? I'd rather Hung go though.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-07, 01:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 8/15 show"
It's called Top Maitre D' not ...

Yeah, I agree, it should be all about the chow. Let's face it, the time element on these challenges is gonzo, you wouldn't plan out and open a hot dog stand in the time these chefs were given to concept and premiere their "restaurants." And to some extent it is the gonzo that helps these shows stay on the air.

But this show and some others are genuine talent competitions as well, the talents in the kitchen judged by what turns up on the plate in this case.

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-19-07, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: 8/15 show"
First off, I believe that no matter what they did, they should be on the chopping block, and that includes the Front Man, Cooks, Decor, and GM. Basically, considering the prize at the end (x dollars to open a restaurant), it's probably more important to be a good GM or Front Man than cook (the food is most important challenge wise, but for the job they'll get). If Brian's service was that bad, a boot would have been justified.

I was okay with them not booting someone, but this SCREAMED of not wanting to boot a specific person, and that's not good. I honestly do believe that if Sara botched a dish or Howie produced something more inedible than Tre, we would have seen one of those two go home. However, Sara did quite well and Howie's risotto was not as bad as Tre's potatoes. There wasn't the necessary justification to boot one of those two over Tre (who seems to be this year's Cliff in terms of solid cooking). The judges don't want that, especially having to decide between Tre and Brian.

Tom's betting on either Sara not repeating her relatively good night or Howie blowing up (he was VERY good this episode compared to his past team efforts) and/or making a worse risotto.

It's not that they didn't want to boot a good chef, rather they didn't want to boot a potential winner. I have no doubt that if any of Sara, Casey, Howie, or even CJ were up there, we would be down to seven at this point. I think Tre, Hung (despite his performance), Brian, and Dale are the chefs that would be "good" winners for the show, and they don't want to send one home at Final 8.

As for the shocking person going home next week (if they do), I wouldn't doubt if we got one of Sara/Howie/CJ/Casey and one of Tre/Hung/Brian/Dale, to bring us to six, if the restaurants were equally bad again. Or perhaps Sara AND Howie, perfect time to boot both.

BTW, I think Garage should have won the challenge. The judges only really disliked one of their dishes (Risotto) and the judges only really liked one of the other team's dishes (Dessert I believe). When you have a food advantage like that, combined with Brian's poor service, it seemed like it should have been a Garage win.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •