The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Did Mickey try to sabotage Marcel"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-05-07, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Did Mickey try to sabotage Marcel"
He seemed way too pleased with the lost fish and actually checked the cart and smirked before they pulled away from the prep kitchen. Nah, it didn't end up hurting Marcel - but I do think that his apparent lack of organization and coherence in the kitchen was a small factor in his demise.

Sam, OTOH, was the consummate professional. Kudos to him for working hard to help someone he obviously dislikes. Kudos to Marcel for having the balls and the smarts to pick the best chef available regardless of personal issues.

Still, Mikey was probably the absolute WEAKEST chef that he could have picked, especially on the prep and organization side. Mia or Frank would have been much better choices.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - President J. Adams

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Did Mickey try to sabotage Marc... EMTBGRL 02-05-07 1
 RE: Did Mickey try to sabotage Marc... dabo 02-05-07 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-05-07, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Did Mickey try to sabotage Marcel"
>He seemed way too pleased with
>the lost fish and actually
>checked the cart and smirked
>before they pulled away from
>the prep kitchen.

I wondered that, too. Briefly.

his apparent lack
>of organization and coherence in
>the kitchen was a small
>factor in his demise.

Yes. The salad was the other one. He should have learned that Sam didn't win because "he didn't cook anything." Salad as one of your courses? The Opera Man of "Miiiissttaaakke!" leapt out of my closet. He might have won if he'd cooked that course.
>
>Sam, OTOH, was the consummate professional.
> Kudos to him for
>working hard to help someone
>he obviously dislikes. Kudos
>to Marcel for having the
>balls and the smarts to
>pick the best chef available
>regardless of personal issues.

Absolutely!

>Still, Mikey was probably the absolute
>WEAKEST chef that he could
>have picked, especially on the
>prep and organization side.
>Mia or Frank would have
>been much better choices.

I dunno...I thought about that, too. Didn't Mikey win more challenges, and make less culinary flubs overall? He was also more personality-wise even keel around Marcel or anyone else.

I also think that I wouldn't have picked Mia based on the principle of "She Quit" so let her quit. If I were the Producers I wouldn't even have flown her to Hawaii in the first place. And, honestly? I saw her as a weaker chef than Mikey the whole season. How many times did she embarrass herself? But, still, I would have picked Mia over Betty. I thought Betty was on the show Wayyy too long.

It's a shame about what happened with Cliff. Because, honestly? He would have been the best choice. His absence was duly noted. (But, the decision to eliminate him, and keep him eliminated -was correct.)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-05-07, 01:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Did Mickey try to sabotage Marcel"
I think it was extremely unfortunate that Michael got to participate in the finale. Love the guy, he's a great character, but he lasted far longer in the competition than he should have.

Did he sabotage Marcel? Oh, please. He was the same goofball he always was.

Elia tried to sabotage Marcel with the judges. That was the biggest surprise of the season for me; she was the one person who (despite her youth) had always resisted (until it got down to the end) turning on the guy. I never understood why some of the more mature players just didn't ignore the dipwad.

SMILES ARE FREE

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •