The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top Chef Response Show"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

Fishercat 4168 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-31-07, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Fishercat Click to send private message to Fishercat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top Chef Response Show"
OK, the finale is over, although I'd wait until 2:00 AM or so EST to post any major spoilers, but with any flood of topics, putting responses into one may be smart. I think the Ilan "passion" topic is separate enough to warrant a general response one.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top Chef Response Show Palm Tree 01-31-07 1
   RE: Top Chef Response Show dabo 02-01-07 2
       RE: Top Chef Response Show tac_2 02-01-07 3
           RE: Top Chef Response Show EMTBGRL 02-03-07 10
 RE: Top Chef Response Show Tiggertramp 02-01-07 4
 RE: Top Chef Response Show Pretty_Kitty 02-01-07 5
   RE: Top Chef Response Show Sues 02-01-07 6
       RE: Top Chef Response Show maryellennaco 02-02-07 7
 RE: Top Chef Response Show AmyF 02-02-07 8
 RE: Top Chef Response Show-does Bra... toddE 02-02-07 9
   RE: Top Chef Response Show-does Bra... straycat80 02-03-07 11
       RE: Top Chef Response Show-does Bra... dabo 02-05-07 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Palm Tree 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-31-07, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Palm%20Tree Click to send private message to Palm%20Tree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top Chef Response Show"
I think the real contenders should had been Ilan and Sam, that said, I am fine with outcome, since I see it was the right choice one after all.

Only one suggestion to Top Chef producers (I know they probably never read this EVER)... Why not used people who HAVEN'T work with the chefs before? How trust anyone that obviously DON'T like me... At All!!! as I see is not a well balance team for Marcel neither was for Tiffany from the 1er. Season, although Harold deserved the win he got. IMHO

Another point, I am very disapointed with this second season of Top Chef, I really like the first one, for the most part the chefs were far better than this year, personally as well as profesionally (with a few exceptions)!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-01-07, 01:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top Chef Response Show"
I would rather have had Sam and Elia as the final two, of the final four. I do think Cliff was unfairly eliminated, and had otherwise proved himself throughout as best of the bunch anyway.

Anyway, at least the wannabe Jimmy Nerdtron, Marcel, finally got his slapdown. It should have happened much sooner, the whole series would have been better then.

tac_2 351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-01-07, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tac_2 Click to send private message to tac_2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top Chef Response Show"
After Ilan offered to pee on Marcel all my suspicions were validated.
When they showed Marcel peeing I should have turned it off.

My final opinion about Top Chef is I hope I'm not tempted to watch another season although I can't imagine why I would be.
I cannot believe I wasted my time. (disappointed more with self than show - definitely)

Damn you BRAVO.

EMTBGRL 2513 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-03-07, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EMTBGRL Click to send private message to EMTBGRL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Top Chef Response Show"
>After Ilan offered to pee on
>Marcel all my suspicions were
>validated.
>When they showed Marcel peeing I
>should have turned it off.

OK. That really IS what we were seeing? I wasn't sure. I hate to say this, but I had walked into the kitchen during that exchange between Ilan and Marcel. I heard something about Marcel being stung by some kind of sealife, right? The NEXT thing I know, Ilan is saying something like "He'd love to pee on Marcel" (I thought I misheard this) and so I walked back into the living room to see a shot of Marcel- um- "making water" but, I think I said, "Nah! I have to be mistaken." So-- you mean-- that IS what he?-- OMH!

That's not what you really do in that situation, either. That's an old wives tale, which makes that scene even WORSE.

If I had allowed it to register in my brain that we WERE in fact watching Marcel make water by the water? I would have turned it off. So, does that mean I heard Ilan correctly?!

Did he learn NOTHING about why Cliff was sent home? Yes, Cliff manhandled Marcel. But, it was in the heat of the moment and in the midst of a bad joke. Ilan saying he'd "love to" -- um- yeah.,just shows what LACK of respect and character that he had. Ilan WANTED to humiliate Marcel, during the finale, and not in the middle of the night during a group exchange. That was Ilan, on his own, and certainly NOT the way a Top Chef would act-- anywhere!

I wonder why the "Powers That Be" never commented on THAT exchange! *I* would have!

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-01-07, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tiggertramp Click to send private message to Tiggertramp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top Chef Response Show"
I still think that Marcel is an @ss, but he is an @ss who can cook really really well. From the comments the judges had made, he had a really great meal. I think the only difference between the two was that Marcel was a bit immature as a chef. They had to have kept the childish crap out of their heads for the decision.

They even had a mad scientist chef judge like him on the panel. I think Marcel has talent, he works well with the other chefs at the restaurant he works at in real life, I think he just had his head up his butt when it came to relating to others on TV.

I *know* Marcell still lives in his mother's basement playing video games and dungeons and dragons..

Excellent siggy by JSlice, Worm by the Fab IceCat And Icey bounced me! Yippee!!
I wish I were a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum...Cuz how can you be grumpy, When the sun shines out your bum??

Pretty_Kitty 536 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-01-07, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pretty_Kitty Click to send private message to Pretty_Kitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top Chef Response Show"
thanks to the spoiler I didnt even bother to watch which is SO unlike me. I love Finale's but the show sucked enough this season I just couldnt be bothered.
I did catch a minn here and there and I loved how Elia was STILL dissing Marcels food when she DIDNT EVEN TASTE IT!!!!!
so glad it's all over!!
did anyone watch Top Design? it was on too late for me.

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-01-07, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top Chef Response Show"
I think if I were to chose restaurants...I'd pick Marcel just because you don't know what you're going to get! He may be annoying, but he sure is creative.
Ilan should go ahead and open up that Spanish restaurant....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Loved Elia too...I think she'll land somewhere just fine. Sam seemed the rock steady one to me, but apparently, they were going for drama....

Where do you suppose Michael is right now...Ruby Tuesdays?

maryellennaco 1084 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-02-07, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail maryellennaco Click to send private message to maryellennaco Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top Chef Response Show"
LMAO!!! Ruby Tuesdays or TGI Fridays?? Whichever... I'm glad that Elan beat Marcel, just because Marcel is a #####. If he'd only been a hair nicer.....

AmyF 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-02-07, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AmyF Click to send private message to AmyF Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top Chef Response Show"
I was pulling for Marcel to win. I thought Ilan was rude and a jerk. I guess the judges have a taste for Spainish cusine since that is all Ilan was able to prepare. Makes one wonder if a Top Chef only has to be great in one feild of cusine.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

02-02-07, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Top Chef Response Show-does Bravo rig their shows?"
I have to wonder. I never thought Bravo producers had too much influence until this season. I started wondering during Project Runway, because Angela and the crazy guy from the 80s were kept around past clearly superior contestants. And then Jeffrey won. I thought all that was pretty questionable.

Then the last few episodes of Top Chef, I started to see that Ilan and Marcel were clearly going to be the two finalists, and the whole show seemed to altered to allow that to happen.

Finally, the finale: The judges practically apologized for giving Ilan the victory, saying he'd become a better chef, but they were looking for the Top Chef Now!

I don't really mind Ilan winning that much, but I do mind feeling like a show I;m watching was fixed. Of course, it's all heavily edited....but that's really not the same thing.

straycat80 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-03-07, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail straycat80 Click to send private message to straycat80 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Top Chef Response Show-does Bravo rig their shows?"
I didn't really care who won this one. I was disappointed this season, there was too much petty drama ie: picking on Marcel, cheating, and not enough about the cooking and the competition. I hope they do better on Season 3.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-05-07, 02:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Top Chef Response Show-does Bravo rig their shows?"
Is true, neither Ilan or Marcel were up to Harold (TC1 winner) status. Much disappointment.

I thought the final challenge, though, was tremendous. Most extreme and difficult challenge, an umpteen course gourmet meal; Whew! But thank goodness the foamlord didn't win.

I'm sure both meals were fabulous, don't get me wrong, but in the end experience and depth won out.

Anyway, I too could do without the drama. Of course, any time you get a bunch of talented prima donnas together in a competition it is inevitable there is going to be some of that, maybe even much of that. That's what reality TV producers live for. HoHum, so sad for them.

The biggest disappointment to me this season, none of the chefs were either mature or experienced enough to just react to Marcel's antics by just ignoring him. Bizarre.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •