The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 7"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-18-10, 10:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 7"
I liked the first quickfire. Looked like all were using regular knives for peeling the potatoes. I saw Rachel Ray once explain that she prefers using a knife instead of a potato peeler - cause that's how her mom always did it. But they did waste more potato with the knives.
$20,000 was wow for the first QF winner!

Agreed with the decision to cut John - the guy with the long long hair (what is it with that style? I don't mind long hair when it is neat & clean, but what is it with this that looks like it hasn't been washed or combed out in months!).
He didn't make his own pastry - big no no.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season 7 mindy23 06-18-10 1
   RE: Season 7 jbug 06-18-10 4
 RE: Season 7 weltek 06-18-10 2
   RE: Season 7 jbug 06-18-10 3
 RE: Season 7 ARnutz 06-18-10 5
   RE: Season 7 jbug 06-18-10 6
       RE: Season 7 ARnutz 06-18-10 7
           RE: Season 7 jbug 06-18-10 8
 RE: Season 7 samboohoo 06-22-10 9
   RE: Season 7 jbug 06-22-10 10
       RE: Season 7 Tummy 07-01-10 18
 Episode 2 ARnutz 06-24-10 11
   RE: Episode 2 JessicaRN 06-24-10 12
   RE: Episode 2 jbug 06-25-10 13
       RE: Episode 2 ARnutz 06-25-10 14
           Yea, I guess I am. jbug 06-25-10 15
               RE: Yea, I guess I am. weltek 06-28-10 16
                   RE: Yea, I guess I am. Tummy 07-01-10 19
                       RE: Yea, I guess I am. BlueIris 07-01-10 20
   RE: Episode 2 weltek 06-28-10 17
 Episode 3 jbug 07-02-10 21
   RE: Episode 3 weltek 07-06-10 22
 Episode 4 ARnutz 07-12-10 23
   RE: Episode 4 jbug 07-12-10 24
       RE: Episode 4 weltek 07-12-10 25
 Episode 5(?) weltek 07-15-10 26
   RE: Episode 5(?) ARnutz 07-19-10 27
 Episode 6 ARnutz 07-22-10 28
 Sept 1 udg 09-02-10 29
   RE: Sept 1 mindy23 09-03-10 30
 Final 3 ARnutz 09-12-10 31
   RE: Final 3 jbug 09-12-10 32
 wOOt!!! ARnutz 09-17-10 33
   RE: wOOt!!! jbug 09-17-10 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-18-10, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season 7"
I wondered about the potato peelers, too, but that's the way I was raised to peel them, also. Boy, that Kevin is a whiz kid, isn't he? And one heck of a chef!

Thought the winner, can't remember his name, because I'm confusing him with a Hell's Kitchen contestant, was a bit cocky. But I guess you have to be, eh?

The stakes are high this year, and I think they have some amazing chefs to deal with! The judges seem pretty intense, as well. I'm excited to see what transpires.

And as far as John, I wondered how he even got ON this show! His looks and personality were so different, and he did look hygenically challenged (trying to be nice here! LOL). I personally would have a tough time having him cook for me...just saying.

Anyway, he shot himself in the foot with that dessert.

Padma looks great after having her baby. She's much sexier, I think than she has been-filled out nicely, I think!

It'll be interesting if we can get a few dark horses, and it doesn't end up being just 2 or 3 to the finish like it was last year with the brothers and Kevin.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-18-10, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season 7"
I think the guy who was so fast is Kenny.

& I too noticed Padma's increased new figure.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

06-18-10, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season 7"
I grew up using knives for the potatoes, too. My hubby thinks I'm weird. I tell him if he wants to criticize, he can grab his preferred veggie peeler and go to work!

-A Tribetastic Creation

06-18-10, 12:02 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Season 7"
LAST EDITED ON 06-18-10 AT 12:03 PM (EST)

Me too, but I use a potato peeler now.
There are so many different kinds.

I've never tried this kind

Mine looks sorta like this

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

06-18-10, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season 7"
LAST EDITED ON 06-18-10 AT 01:09 PM (EST)

Ha! I am thrilled that one of the cheftestants is from a place I have actually been too!

Kevin from NJ is the executive chef here: http://www.groundsforsculpture.org/RatsRestaurant/index.html

Having been here I can tell you this place is absolutely phenomenal! The food is amazing and it's grounds are one of the most unique settings ever.

I liked the winner, Angelo, and I felt the one who actually had the biggest ego was Kenny, who he beat both times!

I am glad the weird homeless looking chef is gone. I know I'm not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, but I would honestly be skeeved to know he prepared a meal for me.

The blonde that was in the bottom could have gone too, IMO, as she is still using a recipe???? *boggle*

06-18-10, 01:22 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Season 7"
I just can't get past a restaurant named
"RATS"
I mean,..... rats?

06-18-10, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season 7"
I know it's strange, but it is an homage to the Wind in the Willows character, Ratty, who is the consummate host.

06-18-10, 04:51 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Season 7"

I did follow your link and read that part too.
But it's still,..... well. LOL

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-10, 11:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Season 7"
I don't watch this show. I actually just recorded my first episode of the Network Food Star, which I haven't watched yet.

Anywho, I peel my potatoes with a knife. I occasionally peel a cuke with a peeler, but I really only use a peeler for a carrot.

Also, I eat raw potatoes. I love raw potatoes. I can peel a potato, slice it up and eat it raw with or without salt.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

06-22-10, 02:32 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Season 7"
I like raw potatoes too.
How about raw turnips? I hate cooked turnips.
And spinach. Will eat a spinach salad but hate cooked spinach.

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-01-10, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Season 7"
I love fried turnips and they're lower in carbs than fried potatoes.

06-24-10, 07:01 PM (EST)
11. "Episode 2"
So... Angelo wins the quickfire and then tries (or maybe doesn't?) to strategically eliminate Kenny. Imagine that. I now want them both gone, but I guarantee these two will spar until the end.

Sherry chicken woman should have been sent home, IMO, as the purchase caused the other one to have to settle for making something else... and who the hell feeds children chicken with sherry??? Insane that was.

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-24-10, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Episode 2"
I had the same conversation about the sherry. Gail cracked me up when she said something about "I like vodka but I'm not going to give it kids."

My husband thought it was funny when the kids all wanted to hug Padma. They didn't show any boys hugging her, but what a pre-teen fantasy.

I've eaten at Kelli's restaurant in Vail. Very fresh, local blah, blah, blah. Kind of funny to see her sitting with the Rosie O'Donnell look alike and smoking. I'm always amazed that so many of these chefs smoke.

06-25-10, 10:04 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Episode 2"
I agree the sherry cook should have been the one. It was even mentioned that she had $in the budget for sherry???

The rivalry between Angelo & Kenny will go far. I wasn't sure at first if Angelo was making a strategic move but then later agreed that he might have been.
Hopefully Kenny & Ed learned their lesson - as maybe others did - that you better speak up when in a group challenge.

Noticed the plastic utensils....
do all public school use plastic now? It's been about 30 yrs since I was last in a school cafeteria (back in my 1st grade teaching years), but back then we were given the real thing.

06-25-10, 10:27 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Episode 2"
Geez, jbug, you must be old!

I went through school in the 70s and 80s and we only ever had plastic utensils! Ha!

I imagine those real ones could be considered weapons these days.

06-25-10, 12:12 PM (EST)
15. "Yea, I guess I am."
You noticed I said I was teaching back then, right?
That was '81, '82, '83.
I had no idea until I saw the plastic on the ep that that is what they use now! I'll have to ask some of my relatives who teach now.

So they figure the cost of the throw away plastic is not too much considering the alternative of possible weapons in the hands of the young hooligans, huh?

06-28-10, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Yea, I guess I am."
I'm in my 30s and we never used plastic. I, too, and going to ask some teachers. Seems like a horrible waste.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

07-01-10, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Yea, I guess I am."
In my late 40's here and never used plastic.

BlueIris 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-01-10, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueIris Click to send private message to BlueIris Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Yea, I guess I am."
I'm in my late 40's too. I never used utensils!

thanks Capn2patch

06-28-10, 12:30 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Episode 2"
Ditto. She should've been eliminated for that decision. I'm guessing the producers want her to stick around for the drama factor.

-A Tribetastic Creation

07-02-10, 04:04 PM (EST)
21. "Episode 3"
Hope I got the right ep #.
Anyway, I was not disappointed to see Tracey go home.
She just looked a bit too much like Rosie and even had some of her mannerisms down pat! I have to say tho that I find Rosie funny at times as I did Tracey, so......

I missed if Kenny got an advantage for winning the quick fire... ?
I was surprised so many chefs can't make a pie. And that so many of them tried too hard - instead of just making a good simple pie.

07-06-10, 11:08 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Episode 3"
I loved the judge's comment about the not a pastry chef excuse. "My grandma's not a pastry chef, but she can bake a pie."

-A Tribetastic Creation

07-12-10, 08:41 AM (EST)
23. "Episode 4"
Did anyone really think Kenny would go home?

Yeah. I didn't think so. Not when they're setting up a Kenny vs. Angelo showdown for later in the season.

I was shocked the two ladies won. I thought they stunk.

The team that went home, Lynne deserved to go. Too bad Arnold had to go too. I liked him.

07-12-10, 09:08 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Episode 4"
I agree Nutzy - especially about Arnold - and especially since he tried and tried to get her to cook the pasta sooner & she kept insisting it takes only a minute to cook.
I don't like to see 2 eliminated because they had to work as a team.

07-12-10, 12:19 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Episode 4"
Agreed. Arnold got screwed.

-A Tribetastic Creation

07-15-10, 09:56 AM (EST)
26. "Episode 5(?)"
LAST EDITED ON 07-15-10 AT 09:58 AM (EST)

No surprises here.

I thought the dinner looked beautiful. I had my doubts about the broccoli couscous, but apparently it worked. Props to Kelly for making a good dessert in addition to her dish. I was also proud of Andrea for taking a risk based on her chef's gut.

The one they call Tim deserved the exit based on both this challenge and previous ones. His lack of confidence showed.

Amanda is on my last nerve. I think she's a good chef, particularly for her age, but her personality is wearing thin. ETA: She reminds me of Survivor Amanda, and for me, that's not a good thing.

-A Tribetastic Creation

07-19-10, 09:18 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Episode 5(?)"
I think they could've scrapped the entire bottom three and nobody would have cared.

Amanda needs to go already, Steven sucks and Tim does too. Although, I liked Tim as a person, the other two are annoying.

Kenny wins! ...and Angelo and Ed seem to have jungle fever. (I thought Angelo was married and had a kid? Maybe that was someone else.)

I am definitely on team Kenny. Especially since it looks like Angelo is playing games with the other cheftestants!

07-22-10, 08:06 AM (EST)
28. "Episode 6"
So Kelly wins the quickfire (make a dish with something Australian? didn't catch it), but they were using emu eggs, wild boar, ostrich, etc.

The chefs are in teams where they will judge each others dishes. Each team will nominate a best dish and worst dish from the other team. Kelly does not have to cook and gets to taste everything. The team with Angelo, who has a hand in nearly every dish, except Tiffany's - is harsh! They even go so far as to say Kevin's dish needed more acidity, to which Tom butts in and tells them they were wrong. They decide Kevin had the best dish and Kenny had the worst, even though Amanda had cartilage in her chicken. Ew. It appears that the team with Angelo is out to get Kenny off the show, but on Tom's blog, he says it really was the worst dish. Yeah. Whatever. That's why you questioned them about how Amanda's error was worse than Kenny's.

The team with Kenny seems more objective. They decide Tiffany (who had the one dish without Angelo's hands in it) is the best of the group and Tamesha's is the worst.

So the top two are Kevin and Tiffany and Kevin wins!!!! Props to our Joisey boy!!! The bottom two are Kenny and Tamesha and Tamesha goes home... because we know, the producers are not yet done with the Kenny vs. Angelo showdown.

So the Kenny and Angelo show rolls on and we are STILL stuck with Amanda, who I wonder why is even on this show, as she SUCKS!

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-02-10, 01:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "Sept 1"
I was sad to see Tiff go. She was my favorite to win. I wasn't that surprised when Kenny went home (I thought he thought he was better than he really was overall), but I never would have predicted Tiffany to leave before the finale! Definitely a case of one big mistake taking down a good chef.

I guess of the remaining chefs, the only one I'd like to see win is the blond chick, whose name I can't even remember.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-03-10, 12:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Sept 1"
ITA!! As far as I have seen, this is the ONLY misfire she has had. I guess the judges are just not taking history of the chefs into account at all, or she definitely would have been around for the top spot. I was totally shocked.

BUT, on the other hand, she did leave with $20K, and a nice honeymoon to Paris, so not too bad for not having the win, right?

09-12-10, 12:09 PM (EST)
31. "Final 3"
The top 5 have been so good this year. When Tiff and then Kelly were eliminated in the last two weeks, I was glad to not be one of the judges as they had a tough choice on both of these.

Newsy news: (don't read if you don't want to know!)

Kevin: link Can we read anything into this? I would love for the Jersey guy to win, but I am not getting my hopes up.

One of our final 3 chefs is speculated to be on all-stars next season http://newyork.grubstreet.com/2010/09/the_top_chef_all_stars_crew_fi.html

My Thoughts:

Angelo - would be a good winner, but I want his ego put in check, so am not rooting for him.

Ed - has been great lately. I would be OK with him winning.

Kevin - I may be biased, but I always root for the underdog. Esp. one from my area. I would love if he wins.

Overall, I think it's anybody's game at this point. Remember, it is always about the current challenge and never about previous performances!

09-12-10, 07:50 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Final 3"
I agree.
I'm rooting for Ed

09-17-10, 07:38 PM (EST)
33. "wOOt!!!"
Ha ha! *does happy dance*

Kevin was a worthy winner. I am so happy for him!

Ed mailed it in on dessert. He told us the whole episode how he would not let Ilan take over, then hands the dessert over to him.

Angelo did not do an actual vegetable dish for the first course. Pork belly is not a vegetable!

09-17-10, 09:13 PM (EST)
34. "RE: wOOt!!!"
yes yes yes

Not taking a hand in the dessert to make sure it was Top Chef worthy was Ed's demise.

Angelo was too arrogant for me; if he had won after being sick, we'd have never heard the end of it; but of course the others could have said Hung did the work & Angelo just put the final touches on his dishes.

I'm glad Kevin won. I think he appreciated what winning would do for him more than the other 2. They just wanted the title; Kevin wanted & needed it all.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •