The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top Chef LV Episode 2 "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-30-09, 03:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top Chef LV Episode 2 "
Starting with the craps roll to see how many ingredients the chefs could use for the quickfire.

Quickfire Winner - Michael V
Nitro Gazpacho, Compressed Cucumbers and Toast

Then splitting the cast into boys versus girls and having them cater simultaneous bachelor and bachelorette parties. Said fiances are both tied to planning the dishes around three shooters. Tequila, something fruity and something sweet.

Winner - Bryan V
Sweet and Sour Macaroon Filled with Guacamole, Corn Nuts, and Corn Puree

No loss with the crazy lady Eve leaving.
She really didn't seem to have any knowledge of flavor balancing.
I hear if she wasn't eliminated, she would have volunteered to leave. I say, good riddance.

I'm liking the interesting dynamic with the Voltaggio brothers. The younger molecular gastronomist, versus the older chef de cuisine.
They really are pushing each other forward to a level way above the bulk of other "cooks" on this season.

And what is with Jennifer Carroll. Besides her absolute slaughter of the pronounciation of Ceviche, said simply as suveetch, but to make her suveetch on two "cooking" challenges in two episodes is... cheating.
Clam Ceviche and Octopus Ceviche. woo.
What else you got?
To go with that big attitude.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top Chef LV Episode 2 JessicaRN 08-30-09 1
 RE: Top Chef LV Episode 2 dabo 09-01-09 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-30-09, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top Chef LV Episode 2 "
I agree that the two brothers seem to be in a whole other class of "chefdom". The guacamole meringues were really intriguing. Kind of reminds me of Richard's avacodo ice cream when he was cooking with Rick Bayless. Really smart, creative yet still tasty. (Not like dried bay leaves pannacotta.)

Eve struck me as someone who I would meet in my day to day life who would have a small part-time catering business.

I'm not really sure why Ashley was so offended by this challenge. I understand her feelings on same sex marriage, but a cooking competition in Las Vegas didn't really seem like the right place or time to take a stand. (Besides, Bravo does more to promote gay rights than any other network I think).

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-01-09, 00:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top Chef LV Episode 2 "
Editing. I finally caught up on this show, it has been a busy month in many ways. To be honest, I couldn't decide between the losers, though I was really hoping at the end the weepy sobsister would be axed. No such luck. In the end it's all about the damn drama queens, got to favor the damn drama queens.

She's doomed to lose anyway but they kept her around for another episode or two, oh well.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •