The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top Chef Masters Premier"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

Abuela4 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-09-09, 10:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Abuela4 Click to send private message to Abuela4 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top Chef Masters Premier"
Top Chef Masters (Bravos's latest version of Top Chef) premiers June 10 at 9 PM - Top Chef Masters will pit 24 world-renowned chefs against each other with prizes going to charity. Expect lots and lots of drama!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top Chef Masters Premier JessicaRN 05-10-09 1
 The Bravo Page dabo 05-19-09 2
   RE: The Bravo Page jbug 05-19-09 3
       RE: The Bravo Page JessicaRN 05-19-09 4
 RE: Top Chef Masters Premier aquariaqueen 05-20-09 5
 RE: Top Chef Masters Premier Ahtumbreez 05-27-09 6
 How do we handle this? dabo 06-07-09 7
   RE: How do we handle this? BlueIris 06-08-09 8
 LOVED this show! anotherkim 06-11-09 9
   RE: LOVED this show! jbug 06-11-09 10
   RE: LOVED this show! zazzy 06-11-09 11
   Agree dabo 06-11-09 12
   RE: LOVED this show! Bar Belle 06-17-09 13
 episode 2 dabo 06-18-09 14
   RE: episode 2 true 06-21-09 15
       RE: episode 2 jbug 06-22-09 16
           RE: episode 2 weltek 06-22-09 17
               RE: episode 2 SilverStar 06-23-09 18
                   RE: episode 2 dabo 06-24-09 20
   RE: episode 2 CTgirl 06-23-09 19
 episode 3 dabo 06-25-09 21
   Offal Tasty! jbug 06-25-09 22
       RE: Offal Tasty! dabo 06-26-09 25
   RE: episode 3 aquariaqueen 06-25-09 23
       RE: episode 3 mindy23 06-25-09 24
       RE: episode 3 volsfan 06-28-09 26
           RE: episode 3 CTgirl 06-28-09 27
 episode 4 dabo 07-10-09 28
   RE: episode 4 jbug 07-16-09 29
       RE: episode 4 weltek 07-16-09 31
           RE: episode 4 jbug 07-16-09 33
 Episode 5 July 15 jbug 07-16-09 30
   RE: Episode 5 July 15 weltek 07-16-09 32
       RE: Episode 5 July 15 CTgirl 07-28-09 41
   RE: Episode 5 July 15 dabo 07-20-09 34
       RE: Episode 5 July 15 HuckleberryHound 07-22-09 35
           RE: Episode 5 July 15 vince3 07-22-09 36
 July 22 jbug 07-23-09 37
   RE: July 22 dabo 07-23-09 38
       RE: July 22 weltek 07-28-09 39
           RE: July 22 JessicaRN 07-28-09 40
               RE: July 22 CTgirl 07-28-09 42
 1st Cook-off by the 6 finalists jbug 07-30-09 43
   RE: 1st Cook-off by the 6 finalists dabo 07-31-09 44
   RE: 1st Cook-off by the 6 finalists BlueIris 07-31-09 45
 2nd Cook-Off Aug 5 jbug 08-06-09 46
   RE: 2nd Cook-Off Aug 5 dabo 08-06-09 47
       RE: 2nd Cook-Off Aug 5 JessicaRN 08-08-09 48
           RE: 2nd Cook-Off Aug 5 BlueIris 08-09-09 49
           RE: 2nd Cook-Off Aug 5 dabo 08-10-09 50
           Almond Brittle recipe arkiegrl 08-10-09 51
               RE: Almond Brittle recipe dabo 08-11-09 52
 3rd cook-off Aug 12th jbug 08-13-09 53
   RE: 3rd cook-off Aug 12th Ahtumbreez 08-13-09 54
       RE: 3rd cook-off Aug 12th JessicaRN 08-13-09 55
   RE: 3rd cook-off Aug 12th dabo 08-14-09 56
 Finale, WooHoo!!! dabo 08-20-09 57
   RE: Finale, WooHoo!!! ARnutz 08-20-09 58
   RE: Finale, WooHoo!!! BlueIris 08-20-09 59
       RE: Finale, WooHoo!!! JessicaRN 08-20-09 60

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-10-09, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top Chef Masters Premier"
I'm looking forward to this, although these kind of "celebrity" competitions can go both ways. I remember The Next Iron Chef competition had well know chefs competing. They actually kept the drama pretty low and were pretty respectful of each other, which was nice to see. However, the drama on these shows sometimes makes it more interesting. I saw Tom Colichio say that the true winner out of this past season was Fabio and Stefan because of the publicity they had received. I live in Hosea's city and even here, you really don't hear anything of him.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-19-09, 10:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "The Bravo Page"
http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef-masters/season-1/about

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-09, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Bravo Page"
I pick John Besh to win.
That is all.

05-19-09, 01:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Bravo Page"
I'm looking forward to this. I hope it lives up to its potential, because it could be really good.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

05-20-09, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top Chef Masters Premier"
I'm willing to give this a try....I'll be on vacation, I hope I remember to set my DVR.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

05-27-09, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top Chef Masters Premier"
My money's on Michael Chiarello.

Mangalicious by The Slice
09/25/2008 Bre left for Iraq
04/29/2009 Bre left Iraq
06/09/2009 Bre gets a hug from Mom

06-07-09, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "How do we handle this?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-07-09 AT 04:53 PM (EST)

First, the episodes are slated for 10PM (9PM Central) on Wednesdays, with immediate repeats at 11PM and multiple repeats thereafter. Starting this Wednesday!

But the first six episodes will feature only four competition chefs each, for a total of 24, with the first six winners showing up for the main game itself in episode 7.

Do we need separate threads for the first six eps or can we cover them in one thread, even perhaps this one?

In the first ep (according to TV listings) it's a dessert challenge! In the second ep (again, from TV listings) it is the make an amuse-bouch from the vending machine challenge!

At least they're starting on the bottom and should only get better.

BlueIris 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-08-09, 02:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueIris Click to send private message to BlueIris Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: How do we handle this?"
I think we could keep the first six episodes right here.

I'm rooting for Cindy Pawlcyn.

anotherkim 14419 desperate attention whore postings

06-11-09, 02:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail anotherkim Click to send private message to anotherkim Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "LOVED this show!"
I liked only having to follow four chefs at a time. I felt like I 'knew' them better. These four were funny and creative and interesting, too, so it was a great group to start with.

The challenge was cool. Looking forward to next week.

Kimmah Says
--between this, the Jersey wives and Royal Pains, I'm enjoying summer tv

06-11-09, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: LOVED this show!"
I agree Kimmah - with being able to 'get to know' the four.
But, it eliminates 3 each week all based on one challenge. If they only eliminated one each week I guess it would take too long.

On the regular Top Chef, if a chef messed up on one challenge and didn't get sent packing, he/she had a chance to redeem later.

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-11-09, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: LOVED this show!"
This was good! Light, refreshing, entertaining. They checked most of their egos at the door and competed goodheartedly.

The shower scenes were a hoot!

And being reviewed by a quartet of Junior Girl Scouts, lol. The mouse and the swan were inspired and so smart. I loved seeing the girls' faces when they brought those dishes out.

06-11-09, 12:37 PM (EST)
12. "Agree"
Excellent first episode. This format of having elimination rounds with only four chefs each may be the best idea yet. I hope the chefs in the next five episodes can do as well, live up to the high bar established from the outset.

Christopher Lee, Tim Love, Hubert Keller and Michael Schlow were all fun end engaging throughout. They had fun with it and kept in good spirits and were able even to poke fun at themselves. When Michael's quickfire dessert didn't come together, he made the best of a bad situation, worked with what he had. Tim accidentally freezing all of his dinner product has to rank as one of the most monumental Top Chef gufus ever. But he pushed ahead and made a good showing of himself in spite of that. And Hubert heading to the shower to save his macaroni, wonderful stuff.

Loved the Girl Scouts judging the quickfire, and the banter between the chefs as they "secretly" watched their dishes being critiqued. If this sort of thing is replacing the drama at Top Chef Luxury Suites, excellent!

Love the star system of deciding who wins the round (and that it includes the quickfire). Though the judges collectively still have the clout to determine the winner of the round, having the quests at quickfire and elimination contribute to the decision with their stars.

And I love that all four chefs collected something for their charities.

Hubert's dessert was clearly the most inventive and inspired, though I was surprised Tim didn't score a bit higher with his strawberries (but then I love anything strawberry).

Things I wish they would change. Host Kelly was really fun, a delightful substitute for Padma (I was really impressed with how she handled it). But she doesn't get to allot any stars?!! That's a shame.

And the drawn-out elimination at the end of judge's table, with the judges individually announcing their stars and yadayada, along with the reinvented line "Go to the kitchen and pack your knives," drop all that. Just have a tally of all four chefs at once, declare a winner, allow the editors 5 or 6 more minutes of interesting stuff during the challenges to televise.

SMILES ARE FREE

Bar Belle 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-17-09, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bar%20Belle Click to send private message to Bar%20Belle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: LOVED this show!"
I do like the format because we see all the chef's dishes, compared to when they start out with 16 contestants on Top Chef and you never see half the quick fires.

However I thought the judges, opps critics , might be a little tougher when questioning them. However, I think that came through with the amount of stars were awarded.

The only problem I think I'm going to find with this format is that by going to a final 6 I don't know if I'll really find myself rooting for anyone based on fewer episodes of personal interaction, and as was previously stated, perhaps an off night would send any of my favorites (based on pretty close to snap judgements) home.

06-18-09, 01:13 AM (EST)
14. "episode 2"
LAST EDITED ON 06-24-09 AT 10:59 PM (EST)

I am loving this format. Our second chef quartet, Elizabeth, Graham, Suzanne and Wylie, were just as much fun and entertaining and continued in the competative camaraderie of the premiere masters.

Congrats, Elizabeth Suzanne, on moving on to the championship round. To be honest, all of the "Lost" supper dishes looked marvelous to me.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-09, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: episode 2"
I'm enjoying this season as well, but my only complaint about the different format is that we don't get enough of some good chef personalities!

I can see why Elizabeth won, though I was pulling for Graham because he was a much more interesting character to watch. I'd also love to see more of Wylie.

It makes sense that these professionals wouldn't have several weeks to compete on a realty show, but I am pleasantly suprised that in the two first episodes we got such naturals on camera.

That, and I miss Padma. (Thank Gawd for the Tom segments!)

06-22-09, 10:03 AM (EST)
16. "RE: episode 2"
Wylie - wow! what a mouth! I think he thinks so highly of himself that he was surprised when everything didn't automatically go his way.

Circled by Capn2patch 6/09

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-09, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: episode 2"
Wylie has a bit of a temper issue, me thinks.

-A Tribetastic Creation

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-09, 12:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: episode 2"
I thought it was hilarious how much he was swearing. All the bleeps were killing me, and the more it happened, the harder I laughed.

Oh, and just for the record, it was Suzanne who won this round, not Elizabeth. Elizabeth was the lady with the short blonde (white) hair. I think she came in last.

Drinkin' with Ahkie!

06-24-09, 11:00 PM (EST)
20. "RE: episode 2"
Oops, my bad. I'm terrible with names, it's very frustrating sometimes.

CTgirl 7073 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-09, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: episode 2"
I am a Top Chef newbie and I'm loving this show - the camaraderie between the chefs, the quick fire challenges, and I LOVED the Lost theme!

Although to be honest, Suzanne was the only chef that created something that I thought, gee I'd like to go to her restaurant!

Capn's Crop Circle Fest 2009

06-25-09, 01:46 AM (EST)
21. "episode 3"
I haven't had a chance to watch all of this one yet, hope it continues to be fun summer viewing.

06-25-09, 10:28 AM (EST)
22. "Offal Tasty!"
Yep, still good!

The French chef was funny; another arrogant 'no one can cook better than me' kinda guy
I won't say what position he came in so as not to spoil it for you

The right one won, IMO.

Going red white & blue with Agman 2009

06-26-09, 11:46 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Offal Tasty!"
I finally got a chance to watch the episode, and I too was laughing at Ludo after awhile. "I am French, I know 'ow to cook ear, snail, 'orsey, dog, mm-mmmm-mmm."

I have to say, just visually, Cindy's tummytripe stew looked fantastic. Shame she didn't set out a selection of garnishes.

I was rooting for Wilo or Rick at the end, though, and I thought the final tally would be tighter than it turned out to be.

Dudes, you gave us tongue and heart, nice muscle organs, but what can you do with liver? No one ever gets liver, of course.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-25-09, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: episode 3"
First time to watch this series. It took a while to get used to the format, but it's okay. I love how they get to see the judges critique their food.

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-25-09, 11:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: episode 3"
I'm enjoying this, too! Some of the chefs are really upset with the critiques, but for the most part, the others just take it in stride, and go with it.

The dishes, especially the 'Offal' stuff, was ingenious. Not that I would EVER eat a pig's ear quesadilla! But I've eaten menudo so many times-it's a traditional New Year's soup here in Arizona! What else could you make out of triffle, anyway??
That wasn't even original, IMHO. But I would have loved to tasted hers to see how different it was.

We always have garnishes for ours-cilantro, chopped onions, cheeses, for the top. I noticed she didn't do that. We also have homemade salsa, so you can spice it up or down, however you want.

The heart dish looked delish, but I just don't think I'd want to be the judges on that one. I have a hard time with those non-traditional things. Even wild meat, to me, is too much of a challenge...

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

06-28-09, 08:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: episode 3"
I must say that I don't like this as well as the original TOP CHEF but I am watching.

The French chef had me lmao...I am glad he didn't move on!

06-28-09, 09:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: episode 3"
I was LMAO at Ludo, the French chef too, and for that reason I was hoping he'd move on. So far we have some pretty mellow chefs in the finals, although I like Hubert too (it must be those French accents! )

I was glad that the quick fire winner didn't win again. It would get monotonous if the chef that wins that competition ended up the winner each week.

Cooking with Foonermints

07-10-09, 12:12 PM (EST)
28. "episode 4"
One-handed eggs I could have done without. There's a bad joke in that somewhere.

Loved the trip to the Magic Castle and the magic inspired dinners. Seriously, though, Douglas, flaming coconuts? What were you thinking? The mystery bag of goodness was neat.

Congrats, Anita! Douglas, John, Mark, thanks for playing, fun episode.

07-16-09, 10:47 AM (EST)
29. "RE: episode 4"
I finally got to watch this one last night.
John let me down . I was rootin for him
Well, at least he helped the winner cut the tops off her eggs.

Why do I get the feeling that Doogie Houser is a bit spoiled?

Agman 2009

07-16-09, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: episode 4"
John was entertaining, though. He is very gracious and humble.

-A Tribetastic Creation

07-16-09, 11:39 AM (EST)
33. "RE: episode 4"
That is why I like him so much.
Always a good attitude. Not full of himself like a few I've seen.

07-16-09, 10:51 AM (EST)
30. "Episode 5 July 15"
Seeing the top chefs unable to complete a challenge in time puts it all in perspective when watching the other 'regular' chefs. I felt bad that the one guy didn't get anything finished to present. He came so close in points on the elimination challenge that with points from the quickfire he probably would have won.

The appetizers they presented all looked yummy! Would have loved to have been one of the fans there!

Circled by Capn2patch 6/09

07-16-09, 11:08 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Episode 5 July 15"
I agree-I wanted to be at the cocktail party. The shaved salad inspired me and the ceviche and salmon both made me drool. And I'm so game for trying the basil gelato dessert. Yum!

-A Tribetastic Creation

07-28-09, 08:49 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Episode 5 July 15"
I just had a marathon watching of the last 3 episodes. I loved when Gail Greene said, "I don't like lawn cuttings in my dessert!" I kind of thought the same thing, but basil is my favorite herb so I would've tried it and probably came to the same conclusion she did.

I would kill to go to a Top Chef cocktail party!! Great episode.

07-20-09, 00:32 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Episode 5 July 15"
Another fun episode!

Michael Chiarello, Rick Moonen, Nils Noren and Lachlan McKinnon Patterson were our chefs this time.

It was a shame Rick didn't finish the quickfire plate, he would have so been in the running if not for that.

Congrats, Michael.

HuckleberryHound 229 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-22-09, 04:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HuckleberryHound Click to send private message to HuckleberryHound Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Episode 5 July 15"
>Another fun episode!
>
>Michael Chiarello, Rick Moonen, Nils Noren
>and Lachlan McKinnon Patterson were
>our chefs this time.
>
>It was a shame Rick didn't
>finish the quickfire plate, he
>would have so been in
>the running if not for
>that.
>
>Congrats, Michael.

I agree, I was interested in it as he was making it, I guess he had to plan it out better.

These have been very good episodes so far though, I have to say.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-09, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Episode 5 July 15"
Man. Michael either used to have or still has a show on Food Network. It airs currently weekdays at 11:00am, but I have no idea if any episodes are recent..........

07-23-09, 11:04 AM (EST)
37. "July 22"
Art Smith - Winner
Michael Cimarusti
Roy Yamaguchi
Jonathan Waxman

I think this was my favorite ep so far.
One of the best parts of this show is how all the chefs get along. Sure they're competing for money for their charity, but it's not cut-throat.

It always seem that they all already know each other. I find it hard to believe - a bit. Maybe they all get a chance to meet - just before their comp starts - just in case they haven't already met.

This color is called AgGreen 2009

07-23-09, 03:30 PM (EST)
38. "RE: July 22"
They certainly saved the best for last! These four chefs were great together, probably the most fun most loving episode of TC ever! So sweet! I was amazed at what they plated and absolutely have a craving now for fried egg on pasta.

And how could you not love that Art "Honey Bear" just wanted to call his mama and let her know the good news?

On to the championship rounds!

07-28-09, 12:10 PM (EST)
39. "RE: July 22"
I was like, "brilliant!" about the fried egg on pasta, but it didn't seem to go over well with the Whole Foods judges.

I like how the old pros kind of jab, yet respect, the younger guys on the Master's version. It's heartwarming.

I have to imagine, a) they all have heard of one another in some way, shape or form as these people are on the top of their culinary game and most have had some James Beard recognition, and b) they have a meet and greet ahead of time (plus rehearsals) so there's no awkward, "who the heck is that?"

-A Tribetastic Creation

07-28-09, 05:15 PM (EST)
40. "RE: July 22"
If this were a normal Top Chef, there would have been some sabotaging going on during the shopping trip for the other chef. I enjoyed it more all being respectful like it was. Who Knew??

I was thinking that the brief little blurb about them cooking dinner together with the hostess maybe happens before the competition. Maybe they have done that for each group.

What happens now and I guess that is based on how many more weeks the show runs? Will it be one more night with a winner, or single eliminations from here on out?

07-28-09, 08:58 PM (EST)
42. "RE: July 22"
LAST EDITED ON 07-28-09 AT 09:00 PM (EST)

I too loved the respect and camaraderie that the chefs showed. I caught that little outtake too of the chefs cooking dinner for each other - what fun. I would imagine they did it for each group.

One of the chefs also mentioned spending several days together during the taping so then they would get to know each other in person after knowing of each others reputation. (I also wondered during this episode when they show the close-ups of the foods if they make it again for the camera close-up. It always looks so perfect!)

From the Bravo/Top Chef Masters website:

"The six winners of each episode will then meet up for the final four weeks when one person will get eliminated each episode until the finale where one winner is crowned Top Chef Master. The winning chef will receive $100,000 for the charity of their choice."

ETA: Jonathan Waxman was the first chef this season that I'd heard of!

07-30-09, 09:26 AM (EST)
43. "1st Cook-off by the 6 finalists"
This was great. I loved everything about this.
Won't spoil it for any of you who haven't watched yet.
Actually in this show, the winners and losers don't matter.
It's just really good entertainment to watch!

Agman 2009

07-31-09, 00:27 AM (EST)
44. "RE: 1st Cook-off by the 6 finalists"
Much loved the signature dish twist. Another excellent episode of this summertime filler.

07-31-09, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueIris Click to send private message to BlueIris Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: 1st Cook-off by the 6 finalists"
This show is fun to watch every single week.

08-06-09, 10:50 AM (EST)
46. "2nd Cook-Off Aug 5"

I'm disappointed. Art was so much fun on the show.
I was hoping Anita would be the one chopped sent packing her knives.

Cooking for a vegan didn't appear to be as impossible as it first seemed.

Anita's plate was so unappetizing looking.
Art should have made a sorbet or some kind of stuffed fruit something. Buying the rice milk ice cream was not to the judges liking.

Previews for next week look exciting! I hope Michael turns and punches Dale (previous Top Chef contestant) in the face! or at least throws him out of his kitchen

08-06-09, 01:38 PM (EST)
47. "RE: 2nd Cook-Off Aug 5"
Loved the episode. Go from make a total hamburger to create a total veggan meal, no gluten, no dairy. Bizarre juxtaposition, thought they all came up with brilliant ideas.

Hated seeing Art go for going with the bad ricecream, basically, tough break.

08-08-09, 11:57 PM (EST)
48. "RE: 2nd Cook-Off Aug 5"
How the heck did he make almond brittle with no butter?

08-09-09, 01:33 AM (EST)
49. "RE: 2nd Cook-Off Aug 5"
We wondered about that too.

08-10-09, 01:04 AM (EST)
50. "RE: 2nd Cook-Off Aug 5"
Substitute yogurt or cream. With the no gluten or soy or dairy limitation, hm? Coconut milk or some suitable coconut or other vegetable matter processed in a blender. Interesting question.

Dunno.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-09, 02:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
51. "Almond Brittle recipe"
from Bravo's website:

ALMOND BRITTLE
· 2-1/2 cup granulated sugar
· 1 cup water
· 1/4 cup Agave syrup
· 1 Cup toasted almonds
· 1 tablespoon baking soda
· Pinch of salt
· 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
· 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
· Semi sweet chocolate, melted, for garnish
ALMOND BRITTLE
Bring ingredients to a boil, cook to hard boil state, till syrup makes a hard ball and is amber. Stir in toasted almonds and the remainder of the ingredients. Pour on well oiled sheet pan, and carefully with forks pull till thin but being VERY CAREFUL not to burn yourself. Cool, till crispy. Once cool break into pieces. Drizzle with melted semi sweet chocolate and allow to dry.

08-11-09, 11:27 AM (EST)
52. "RE: Almond Brittle recipe"
Butter. Holy oleo!

08-13-09, 05:00 PM (EST)
53. "3rd cook-off Aug 12th"
The taste test for the quick-fire. All the chefs dreaded it. Michael did best. It was so funny when he kept saying "I don't have a clue; or I don't know what that is!"

They brought back some of the Top Chef contestants to help out. The Masters got to interview them and then select their teams - another schoolyard pickem.

Altho the previews tried to make us think Michael would be throwing Dale out of the kitchen, the Italian held his temper and let the little jacka$$ make a fool of himself.
Guess it got him noticed more than some of the other previous Top Chefs.

Now it's a fight between the final men. All 3 are great & I'm loving watching this show!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

08-13-09, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
54. "RE: 3rd cook-off Aug 12th"
I was disappointed with how negative Michael seemed to have been edited. And it seems true as none of the "helpers" wanted to work with him.

08-13-09, 10:53 PM (EST)
55. "RE: 3rd cook-off Aug 12th"
I've been disappointed throughout this about what I was perceiving as a kind of arrogance from Michael. After this episode, he looked to have such a big ego and it almost did him in. I've always liked him before this, but now, not so much.

08-14-09, 01:11 AM (EST)
56. "RE: 3rd cook-off Aug 12th"
Agree. Though I was disappointed how this episode turned out, it was pretty predictable. Snooty judge #1 and snooty judge #2 invariably decide the finish, and I think both of them are utter insufferable bores. I don't care what either of them has to say, they are snoots, no one should pay them any attention.

Anyway, real Top Chef starts again next week!! Wowza!

08-20-09, 01:48 AM (EST)
57. "Finale, WooHoo!!!"
Let's give it up to all three finale cheftestants, none of them failed. Wonderful episode, much looking forward to an updated TC cookbook featuring Texmex mole and French laundry day pie and bbq ribs to die for..

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

08-20-09, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: Finale, WooHoo!!!"
This was a great show! I really loved the format and was especially taken with the respect all of the chefs showed each other, often times, helping each other as well.

I also loved that they brought in the regular Top Chef judges and the previous winners for the finale. It made for a nice reunion of sorts, don't you think?

I was hoping for a Hubert win (maybe it was the accent? ), but any of the final three were most definitely worthy!

08-20-09, 01:21 PM (EST)
59. "RE: Finale, WooHoo!!!"
I liked the last challenge; an autobiography through food. Congratulations to Rick.

Top Chef Masters has been entertaining. I don’t know if they could do another season, but I’d watch it. I loved how the chefs were ready for competition, but not to beat down their opponents.

08-20-09, 11:32 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Finale, WooHoo!!!"
Wow! What a meal of a lifetime for the diners. I've had mole before, but it makes me want to research Rick Bayless and see if he has a recipe out for it.

This show has been really interesting. It almost feels like a different show than the regular Top Chef. Except for last week, there was no drama, no sabatage and no romances. Pretty enjoyable.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •