The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top Chef NY Finale!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-26-09, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top Chef NY Finale!"
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-09 AT 01:25 AM (EST)

And so we come down to our final three. It was a pretty good season overall, despite the lack of villains and sabotage and whatnot that made other season all dramalike.

In corner #1: CARLA. Weak performer in the early rounds, she finally woke up and started bringing her A-game to the table, and proved to be the most telegenic personality ever on Top Chef with her wacky ex-model sensibilities.

In corner #2: HOSEA. No real classical training to speak of, he worked himself up by his bootstraps, and sometimes it seemed he served those bootstraps, he's been up and down and all around all season long.

In corner #3: STEFAN. Arrogant top performer from the get-go, he's been the chef to beat all season long, and yeah it went to his head and he coasted through some of the later rounds, but by golly he's a Euro out to prove something or somesuch.

In tonight's competition our final three go head to head to head doing whatever they decide, but just for a twist let's bring in ...

The Twists!

Enter from past seasons our finale losers, Molecular Whizbang Richard, Foam King Marcel, and Kiss of Death Casey! Whoo-Hootie-Hoo! Our top 3 get to pick their very own loser assistants, how cool it that!

Hosea get's to pick first, selects Richard to complement his lack of professional creds. Stefan then picks Marcel because, I guess, arrogant bastards have affinity with arrogant bastards, they all belong to the same fraternity. Carla gets stuck with the Kiss of Death.

Damn!

And then, of course, they do the cooking thing. Hosea swipes all the best ingredients in the kitchen, Stefan fixates on being denied his right as most arrogant chef of season to swipe Hosea's ingredients, Carla plays it safe and listens to the Kiss of Death.

Damn!

All three impress the judges and the guest hootie-hoo's with their appetizers. After that it goes downhill.

Judge Gail was looking especially plump and preggers, I'm glad she's back and the whole marriage honeymoon thing seems to be right on track.

Round 2: Hosea and Carla impress, Stefan takes a hit.

Round 3: Stefan and Hosea impress, Carla takes a hit.

Round 4: Hosea impresses, Carla and Stefan take big hits.

And now the drama of decision, how will the judges decide. Oh, aside, I totally loved the jazz player nongastronome guest hootie-hoo, he should have got more TV time.

The finale decision:

Carla shouldn't have listened to the Kiss of Death,
Stefan should have took his competition more seriously,
Hosea was smart to pick Richard.
Gail is still hot.

And so it goes.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top Chef NY Finale! ARnutz 02-26-09 1
   Agree dabo 02-27-09 14
 RE: Top Chef NY Finale! Bebo 02-26-09 2
   RE: Top Chef NY Finale! true 02-26-09 3
       RE: Top Chef NY Finale! ssinmd 02-26-09 4
       RE: Top Chef NY Finale! aquariaqueen 02-26-09 5
           RE: Top Chef NY Finale! true 02-26-09 8
 Carla.... aquariaqueen 02-26-09 6
 RE: Top Chef NY Finale! aquariaqueen 02-26-09 7
 RE: Top Chef NY Finale! BlueIris 02-26-09 9
 Trying Hosea's food rasslinmomma 02-26-09 10
 RE: Top Chef NY Finale! DrKegel 02-26-09 11
   RE: Top Chef NY Finale! jbug 02-26-09 12
       RE: Top Chef NY Finale! DrKegel 02-26-09 13
   RE: Top Chef NY Finale! ssinmd 02-27-09 16
 RE: Top Chef NY Finale! DrKegel 02-27-09 15
   RE: Top Chef NY Finale! DrKegel 02-28-09 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ARnutz 13792 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-09, 07:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top Chef NY Finale!"
Why was Fabio there? If any fix was in it was to have the fellow Euro tilt the hand in Stephan's favor. ...but, alas, even Stephan couldn't pull it off, making a substandard meal.

...and for the first time in TC history, the winner of the first challenge does not go on to win it all!

It was cool how they brought in chefs from previous seasons, but as soon as I saw Casey, I cringed. I still have no idea how that girl bungled her way into the finale of her season! Too bad Carla didn't stick with her original plan.

I am happy with the winner, but would have been fine with any of the three based on whatever they did for this challenge.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

02-27-09, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Agree"
Even though Hosea was technically the weakest of the three finalists and I expected him to lose, he brought his A-game to the table in that competition and gave it everything he had. Stefan, though he had the best single dish of the evening, basically phoned it in on two of his dishes, the dessert plate in particular seemed like something out of a SpongeBob cartoon. And Carla made one mistake after another, it just wasn't a good day for her at all, she fell apart. I hated seeing that, it was painful to watch.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-09, 08:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top Chef NY Finale!"
I went from despising Carla early on to cheering for her like crazy, unless she blundered so stupidly in the final. She got there for cooking her dishes her way - this was NOT the time to change that strategy. If she didn't trust herself to put her food out there, then she didn't deserve to win.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-09, 08:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top Chef NY Finale!"
Poor Carla really screwed up, and she knew it. It was painful to watch her realize that she had blown the entire thing by not trusting herself. I loved her, and was sad to see her so upset.

So, Stefan was done in by dessert. His cockiness finally bit him in the butt, and at the worst time possible.

Hosea? Eh. Average at best. He skated through the entire season being middle of the road. I really believe the final winner should be chosen based on their overall talent, and not just one final challenge. I think Stefan was close enough in that final challenge to win, but the judges wanted to slap him down a peg by giving it to Hosea. Blech.

ssinmd 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-26-09, 09:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssinmd Click to send private message to ssinmd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top Chef NY Finale!"
I agree. Worst winner ever, possible exception being Elan. Top Chef needs to watch an episode of Chopped where they consider the whole meal, not just the last course they were served, when deciding the winner. Stefan was the standout this season. Hosea made it to the finale because there happened to be a worse screw-up at every challenge, then he had the best night when it counted. Does not make him the better chef. (Yes, I am bitter.)
I am rooting for Carla to win the fan favorite at least.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-26-09, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top Chef NY Finale!"
Don't forget that Stefan froze his fish to cut it thinly, and it became watery.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away
from those who are willing to work and give to those
who would not."
Thomas Jefferson

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-09, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top Chef NY Finale!"
Oh, I know that, but comments were made about Hosea's course being bland as well. The dessert was the deciding factor and because Hosea was too chicken to do a dessert, he won. I see him as a default winner. Never did anything horrible, nor spectacular. Stefan, otoh, had the most shining moments and overall wins. He was robbed, IMO.

02-26-09, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Carla...."
Oh honey, you got flustered and allowed your sous chef to make changes. You had the chance to beat Stefan and Hosea on your own talents.

Don't beat yourself up too much, most people realize that you had a great chance, you just let her convince you of changing things. This was not supposed to be HER chance at redemption, this was supposed to be your time to win.

But in the end, Carla made the change. Poor girl will have to live with that.

02-26-09, 10:05 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Top Chef NY Finale!"
Anyone miffed by the sampler platter of desserts that Stefan made???? Even the idea of a lollipop just seemed to juvenile.

If Carla would have stuck to her plan of a tart, her dessert would have looked and been much more mature than Stefan's.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away
from those who are willing to work and give to those
who would not."
Thomas Jefferson

BlueIris 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-26-09, 03:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueIris Click to send private message to BlueIris Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Top Chef NY Finale!"
The finale had a nice assortment of New Orleans diners and a nod to Mardi Gras with a King Cake.

Congratulations to Hosea, he was able to make the best meal and stay true to himself. I don’t know if he’s really a Top Chef yet, but maybe this win will help him become one. Toby Young thought a three course dinner should include dessert. I don’t need to have dessert; a great steak and a glass of wine can be the perfect ending for my dinner.

When it really mattered, Stefan couldn’t put it together. He made a trio “pedestrian” (according to Padma) desserts. A great dessert might have given him the win. If I remember correctly his desserts helped his team win Restaurant Wars.

What a shame Carla didn’t have confidence in herself, listening to Casey really was the kiss of death. She’s still my favorite, maybe she’ll win fan favorite.

rasslinmomma 938 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-26-09, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rasslinmomma Click to send private message to rasslinmomma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Trying Hosea's food"
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-09 AT 10:22 PM (EST)

My hubby knows how much I enjoy TC, so after the finale he made reservations for us at Jax Fish House in Boulder this Sunday. Don't know if we will see Hosea, but I'll report back on the food.

ETF: Jax, not Zax Fish House

Courtesy of the very talented ARnutz

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

02-26-09, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Top Chef NY Finale!"

Oh, please any validity that Top Chef had went out the window last night!!!! It is not a cooking competition!!! It is something with a script - that's been very badly written by a hack - and played out for people like me that think it's something else!

The drama was to have Hosea the good guy and Stefan the bad guy. Of course, that plan went out the window since Hosea is lazy, scheming, shifty, untrustworthy AND CAN'T COOK!!!! And who was the one that continually helped others when they got into trouble? Stefan! Who was even the one that comforted Carla at he end? The hose man? Nay, he was too busy being self-absorbed in Tom drooling over his overripe buttocks. Stefan went over to her - twice! Once when she started crying and then later in private! Yeah, he's the bad guy! And the alligator!!! PUHLEASE!!! EARTH TO TOP CHEF: THE FINAL CHALLENGE SHOULD BE HELD ON AN EVEN PLAYING FIELD!!!!!

What a bunch of idiots! And what's the name of the hack writer that thought of screwing up the final with these juvenile antics!! It was playing to the notion that everyone hates Stefan (NOT!) and loves Hosea (you know, the guy that stuck his tongue down Leah's throat in-between stabbing contestants in the back. Rememember Arianna! {psycho violin music plays in background}

I will seriously NEVER watch this show again. And who was that woman that was busting out of her dress? Is it so surprising she went for venison? Just what she needed with that body!!! More fat in it!!!! And the plating looked fine - she did not. And Padma said the dessert was pedestrian at best? This from someone that gets her wardrobe from Wal-Mart? And how many times is she going to wear those cheap, black pleather boots with the wrong outfit?!!!

I find it hard to believe the dessert was all that bad. They just needed an excuse NOT to give the prize to Stefan and give it to the loser Hosea. And what was the reason he wanted to win. "Cuz Stefan has his own business and so does Carla whine whine whine!" Pathetic!!!

==================

>I agree. Worst winner ever,

I second that emotion.

===============================

>Oh, I know that, but comments
>were made about Hosea's course
>being bland as well.
>The dessert was the deciding
>factor and because Hosea was
>too chicken to do a
>dessert, he won. I see
>him as a default winner.
> Never did anything horrible,
>nor spectacular. Stefan, otoh,
>had the most shining moments
>and overall wins. He
>was robbed, IMO.

Yes, the Hose man skimmed by and got rubbed down each night to boot!!!!

And he just "happened" to get the baby AND the knife so he could make the selection and award the sewer alligator to Stefan.

Really, I wish that bimbo with the breasts hanging out had been in Sharon Osborne's Charm School. She would have made her at least cover them so people didn't get nauseated looking at them. And the joke was when she was eating the Hose man's second course. She said "she couldn't stop eating it!!!"

Does it look like she's seriously stopped eating ANYTHING in the past 20 years???!!!!

I remain,

The Fiery DrKegel

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

02-26-09, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Top Chef NY Finale!"
LOL
Tell us how you really feel!

You may be talking about Gail.....
She's been one of the judges for many seasons.....
and I think she is preggers....... (makes big oobies sometimes)...

02-26-09, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Top Chef NY Finale!"
>LOL
>Tell us how you really feel!
>
>
>You may be talking about Gail.....
>
>She's been one of the judges
>for many seasons.....
>and I think she is preggers.......
>(makes big oobies sometimes)...
>
>
>

And being pregnant makes one lose one's taste? I can assure you I see elegantly attired pregnant women all the time. They don't wear horrid dresses in colors that make me want to puke and that don't fit and that are cut down to their waist. I mean was she planning on practicing breastfeeding in-between courses? And how much food do you think was lost falling into her cleavage?!!! She's probably still digging crumbs out from there.

I think all the previous season's finalists could have fit their way in there and there still would have been room for a spare set of keys.

Just my opinion, like theirs that Hose is the best chef ... Really?

DrK

ssinmd 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-27-09, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ssinmd Click to send private message to ssinmd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Top Chef NY Finale!"
I agree that the playing field should have been level. As far as the sous chefs went: Carla WON the last challenge, and her advantage: oh, she gets to draw the first knife. BS, she should have gotten to assign sous chefs! That being said, I still think she would have chosen Casey.
As far as the crab, fish, alligator thing went: total BS, but good on Stefan for pulling it out. I also noticed his empathy for Carla.
Hosea was on the radio this a.m. No personality or sense of humor whatsoever. Hope we find out on the reunion that his GF dumped him.

02-27-09, 03:24 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Top Chef NY Finale!"

Oh, and why was Fabio there? Forgive me, but I thought he was a ... LOSER!!!! Did they have the other LOSERS around to give their LOSER opinions????

Oh, that's right ... he was there to stab his "friend" in the back. Hence the red tie and two horns protruding from his jealousy-ridden head.

All illusions about him being a nice guy have vanished into the same sewer that alligator came from!!!

02-28-09, 07:30 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Top Chef NY Finale!"

RE: I agree that the playing field should have been level. As far as the sous chefs went: Carla WON the last challenge, and her advantage: oh, she gets to draw the first knife. BS, she should have gotten to assign sous chefs! That being said, I still think she would have chosen Casey.
As far as the crab, fish, alligator thing went: total BS, but good on Stefan for pulling it out. I also noticed his empathy for Carla.
Hosea was on the radio this a.m. No personality or sense of humor whatsoever. Hope we find out on the reunion that his GF dumped him.

---------

EXACTLY as for the Carla point!!! Of course she should have assigned the sous chefs!!! She won the freakin' challenge!!! Why would she get to choose the first knife when this gave her a 1:3 choice of winning? Instead she chooses LAST??? Come on!!!! And I don't know who she would have chosen. She should have chosen Richard as I think he would best complement her style. Marcel would have been a second choice. Casey - I don't know.

And I agree on all the other points also!!! I've read several interviews with Stefan - and this was even BEFORE he lost - and he was always saying nice things and defending Leah and Jamie and all the other contestants!!! Hoseman??? Nothing!!!

Oh, there are so many things about that show that bother me one of which is that the judges now added having "soul" as a criteria? The Hoseman has soul? Do they mean "sole" as in fish? It's just unexplainable!!!! And this was after they said Stefan's squab dish was the best of the evening!!! So Stefan's dish is the best of the evening and in order to be best it needs to have "soul" and Stefan's is the best, but it doesn't have "soul?" WHAT?!!!!! This does not compute!!!

And there's even a more onerous element to this last show that has been bothering me. The fix was definitely in!!! Why am I saying that? Well, the judges were VEHEMENTLY criticizing Stefan's "desserts," but I swear their plates looked UNTOUCHED!!! How could they possibly tell that his desserts were not tasty if they hadn't eaten any???

And I could also swear that Stefan had done some sort of lollipop before that the judges went ga-ga over. I may be wrong on that one, but I definitely did not the desserts touched. And I have no idea why chocolate mousse is not suitable for a finish to a meal, but venison is? The heaviest most disgusting meat possible? And they're telling me that Hoseman cooked that deer with "soul?"

PUHLEEEASSSEEE!!!!! Hoseman does not have a soulful bone in that big, lumberous, cumbersome body!!!

I wonder if that finale is going to be on again. I'm really going to take another look to see if they ate any of desserts before they started yammering away.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •