The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top Chef NY Ep 10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-29-09, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top Chef NY Ep 10"

TOP CHEF BOWL!

Hey, this was a really fun episode. After the disasterous Thanksgiving and Christmas themed episodes I'd hoped they were done with the shenanigans, but this Superbowl episode really worked.

Except they didn't do tailgating food, that was a season or so ago.

The head-to-head rounds of season 5 against past all-stars was great. Dunno how they picked those all-stars, I really had to try hard to remember some of them, I suppose they were available.

Pile-on!

Season 5 took an early lead, stretched it a bit, then Stefan suffered a big loss, the all-stars started to come back with Jeff taking another big hit. In the final seconds it came down to a field goal, all-stars missed, season 5 scraped by with the win!

Whew, that was close!

Jeff and the Euros in the bottom three, whodathunkit! It was almost too delish for words.

Anyway, congrats to Carla for stepping up her game, finally, and scoring Superbowl tickets.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 10 mindy23 01-29-09 1
   RE: Top Chef NY Ep 10 KwietOne 01-29-09 2
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 10 ssinmd 01-30-09 3
   RE: Top Chef NY Ep 10 dabo 01-30-09 4
   RE: Top Chef NY Ep 10 Silvergirl1 02-03-09 9
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 10 BlueIris 01-30-09 5
   RE: Top Chef NY Ep 10 ShellyMay 02-02-09 7
       RE: Top Chef NY Ep 10 BlueIris 02-03-09 8
   RE: Top Chef NY Ep 10 Silvergirl1 02-03-09 10
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 10 KeithFan 01-30-09 6
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 10 Ahtumbreez 02-04-09 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-29-09, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 10"
I was really disappointed that Jeff was sent home. This whole episode was a bit of a fluke, IMHO. I think the judges, esp. Padma, was mostly trying to keep the score interesting, and really didn't judge on taste so much.

Leah has been a dark horse, who, I feel, should have been sent home such a long time ago, and I just think it was the luck of the draw that she got who and what she got this time. I guess that's the way it goes in Reality TV. But again, I wish it had been HER, and not Jeff. He, Fabio, and Stefan, definitely did NOT deserve to be in the hall of shame by any means!!

But, then again, it's not like they're vying for a spot on the Food Network, or anything that grand. On a side note: the only former contestant I remembered was the one who went up against Jeff, and I can't even remember her name now....Geez!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-29-09, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 10"
I honestly felt Fabio should have been the one to go. The judges overwhelmingly felt that venison was way overdone.

OR maybe even Stefan...remember what happened to Ariana? She was on top most of the time, and then all of a sudden...GONE.

It should have been Fabio, Stefan, then Jeff.

ssinmd 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

01-30-09, 00:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ssinmd Click to send private message to ssinmd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 10"
I have to admit, this episode marked a turning point for me...I decided that Stefan's douchery is kind of funny. When he said he was in love with Andrea because she stood up to him, and then called himself a "douchebag" for losing, I found him kinda charming. I know, I need help.

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-09, 01:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 10"
LOL! No, you don't!

Honestly, one of the highlights of this episode for me was how Stefan reacted to losing. You could tell that the others, even though they tried to hide it in front of Stefan, really did enjoy seeing him take that fall.

Much as I enjoy his personality, he really didn't take losing at all well, it made for some good show.

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-09, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 10"

Welcome to the forums, ssinmd. I'm in MD, also.

Stefan really thought he had it in the bag, and then she blew him away with her chili. Surprise!

I think most of us enjoyed watching his undoing.

BlueIris 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-30-09, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueIris Click to send private message to BlueIris Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 10"
I loved this episode!

It was so very satisfying to have the “stronger” chefs at the bottom.

I laughed at Stefan for losing to Andrea, since he picked her thinking she’d be easy to beat. Stefan was his usual arrogant self, claiming that he hadn’t been on the bottom before so he had nothing to worry about. Really? Elimination is based on the current challenge, not cumulative work.

Carla’s eye’s really pop out of her head! I'm happy she stepped up and won this challenge.

ShellyMay 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-02-09, 04:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ShellyMay Click to send private message to ShellyMay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 10"
I'm curious about why a number of posters here and on previous threads called Jeff one of the stronger chefs there. I never saw him as strong, so I went online to see how he did in the previous challenges. He was bottom 3 in Ep 3 with the Foo Fighters. He was one of the three that got to go on TV in Ep 4, but his was the meal that both Meredith and Kathie-Lee spit out. He was bottom 3 in the Quick Fires for Ep 6 and 9. In Ep8, his pork dish was called "bloodless and anemic" by Toby. The only two real raves were for his tomato sorbet in Ep 5 (Gail's shower) and his fried green tomatoes in Ep 8 (cooking at the Farm). I always saw him as kinda middle-of-the-road, not going soon, but going eventually. Thoughts?

BlueIris 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-03-09, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueIris Click to send private message to BlueIris Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 10"
Jeff was “stronger” in his own mind, hence the quotes.

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

02-03-09, 12:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 10"

Carla’s eye’s really pop out of her head!

Carla is just so animated, that she would make a good cartoon character. I'm not trying to make fun of her looks, but she bubbles over with her personality and the many emotions that show on her face. It's fun to watch her.

Agman, 2008

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

01-30-09, 09:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 10"
I didn't get to watch it until tonight.

Funniest line: Jeff - "I played football. All the way through junior high!"

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. -Ronald Reagan

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

02-04-09, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 10"
Guess what was added to my cable channels as on Jan 1st. Yep - Bravo. Guess what I'm recording today starting at 6pm. Yep - Top Chef. Guess who feels stupid for not knowing Bravo was added in January until February. Yep- Me

Agman took me to the islands

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •