The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Top Chef NY Ep 7"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Top Chef Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-08-09, 00:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Top Chef NY Ep 7"
LAST EDITED ON 01-09-09 AT 10:01 AM (EST)

Woo-Hoo! We're finally back on track after the long bout of holidayitis.

New judge, two elims, great way to start the new year, restart the season.

Quickfire. Eyecandy Radhika won this one, preserving her for at least one more round. I'm not a big dessert person and frankly I think bread pudding is basically yucky, I'd rather have some more of the sage stuffing thank you, so I'll stand back from this one and just say, "Really, bread pudding for the win?"

New Judge. Top Chef has finally found its own Simon Cowell. The guy is obviously trying to make his mark, play for the cameras, be amusing, be an utter bore. So far I'm not impressed, maybe with time he will figure out how to tone it down and really score the points when they deserve it.

Seriously, dude, if you are going to call a dish "cat food" we can reasonably expect you have actually tasted cat food. But, well, you're British, what do I know about British cat food?

Elimination: I was totally bummed when it came down to Melissa, Eugene and Carla, and two of the three being eliminated. Eugene and Carla have been wonderful so far this season, or at least a lot more interesting than blond guy and the Euros. So long Melissa, so long Eugene.

How "blind" was the blind Elim? When Padma asked the top three to come to judge's table it was by dish, when the three losers were sent to judge's it was by name not dish.

And, check me on this, I think we now have a record number of scallops for a season.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7 aquariaqueen 01-08-09 1
   RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7 dabo 01-08-09 2
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7 BlueIris 01-08-09 3
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7 MKitty 01-08-09 4
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7 weltek 01-08-09 5
   RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7 jbug 01-08-09 6
       RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7 weltek 01-09-09 8
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7 Bebo 01-09-09 7
   RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7 Silvergirl1 01-13-09 9
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7 Ahtumbreez 01-14-09 10
 RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7 zazzy 01-16-09 11
   RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7 dabo 01-18-09 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-08-09, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7"
I really liked the competitions in this episode...make what you want---we finally get to see them do whatever they want. No excuses. Separates the dawgss from the duds.

They got to watch/participate in the critiques, they all seemed to think that was helpful for the rest of the season, however, if they watched the show, they should have had some kind of inkling, however, live vs. televised and someone else's vs yours is a whole different ball game.

Fish tacos???? That's the best you can do? Seriously?

Toss up between Carla and Hawaiian guy were toss ups for me. The thing that drives me craziest is Carla's eyes, but that's not something she has control over.

I loved when Carla was calling out for Gail!!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

01-08-09, 11:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7"
I have to agree, the make what you want and wow us component of the challenge was wonderful. On the other hand there were still time constraints and make it family/communal dining style.

Fish tacos? I suppose there really wasn't enough time to make a decent chicken and noodles. But fish tacos was about as unimaginative.

Much as I enjoy Carla and her wackiness, Eugene actually tried to step it up and do something different, it was a shame to see him lose because of that when so many others are still just trying to play it safe.

BlueIris 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-08-09, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BlueIris Click to send private message to BlueIris Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7"
LAST EDITED ON 01-08-09 AT 01:11 PM (EST)

Quickfire: Ick, bread pudding? Most dishes looked surprisingly good. I groan every time one of them says 'I don't do/like dessert'. It's Top Chef, dessert will be required.

New Judge: He seemed to be trying too hard. Time will tell. 'Gaaiil, Gaaaiiilll...' hehehe

Elimination: Blind? Hmm...I think the judges and contestants could guess who did what. I thought Carla was going home. I'll miss Eugene.

Scallops? Again?

ets:
I just read Tom's blog at Bravo, he doesn't mind all of the scallops.
In Gail's blog she said she left to get married.

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-08-09, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7"
Yeah, I was sad when Eugene went..."meh" about other woman leaving. At least he always tried to be creative.

And, I also yelled ot the TV..Scallops again??? when Jamie did the scallops, but they did say to cook something representative of you...so I guess that was fair.

Yes, and I too loved Carla called for Gail. So, what happened to Gail? Anyone know why she is gone? I know she was getting married, but I wouldn't that would make her leave the show? Was she also having a baby? Maybe I missed that and never noticed she was pregnant? I really don't know!!!

Tribe manga'd my mug

http

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

01-08-09, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7"
I like the new judge, but yeah, he's a bit over the top for the sake of being the foodie Simon Cowell.

I think the correct three people were put up for elimination and the correct two went home. Eugene is adventurous, but he never gets it right. He's out of his league right now. A few more years practicing refinement and he'll be great.

I also didn't mind the bread pudding win...I love creative bread puddings! As for Jamie and her scallops, I agree with her choice as she needed to redeem herself. I'm just sick of her whining.

-A Tribetastic Creation

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

01-08-09, 05:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7"
Maybe now that Jamie won one, the whining will stop (yea, right, when scallops are no longer allowed )
Her comments made it sound like she was the only one who has not won a quick fire or a challenge. Get real Jamie - you were not the only one. Now that she's won one will she be happy to have the others win the future challenges? I think not.

Too bad Eugene couldn't keep up. I liked him - but yea, he was outta his league.

Fish tacos! I shudder! The first time I ever heard of fish tacos, we were living in SF and one of DH's employees invited us for Sunday lunch. We expected something different but not fish tacos! (the guy was from Turkey originally, so....)
Anyway the fish tacos appeared to have been made from canned tuna; it was pretty nasty. Then a few weeks later, he invited the assistant manager & his family (who are Armenian) for lunch and served the same thing! We still laugh about it.

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-09, 12:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7"
If I were one of the other chefs that hadn't won yet, I think I'd be insulted.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

01-09-09, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7"
I'm new to the show, since we just got Bravo, and I understand why folks like it. Glad Jaime finally won one so we can move on.

And bread pudding? I'm biased because my dad makes awesome bread pudding - he doesn't cook much, but when he makes that, the whole family goes crazy. Even my nephew who normally doesn't eat desserts asks for seconds. It can be a nice sweet-but-not-too-sweet ending to a meal.

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-09, 04:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7"

My mother used to make the best bread pudding, may she RIP.

It was custardy, moist, and delicious.

I am enjoying TC this season also. I haven't seen all of the other seasons, because we have only had Bravo for a year now.

I've had too many dry bread puddings at buffets.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-09, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7"
Watched it lastnight. I thought they weren't doing all the full episodes on the internet, didn't know it was because of the holidays.

I make better fish tacos than what that looked like. She should have gone. But I wish Eugene had stuck around, but I don't think he ever reached his stride. I personally wouldn't have eaten that dish.

Love Carla and the "Gaaiiiilllll". I do hope she starts doing truly vegetarian dishes instead of trying to figure out how to please everyone.

The new judge - ugh.

Agman took me to the islands

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-16-09, 07:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7"
LAST EDITED ON 01-16-09 AT 07:39 PM (EST)

Another Top Chef newbie here. A good friend has been watching this for years and I finally tuned in.

Who do you all think is going to win? Early on they said something about Stefan's winning the first challenge foreshadowed his winning the whole thing. His edit so far suggests he is the one to beat.

Anyone think this week's boot had something to do with the show wanting to feature Hosea and the other chef's canoodling? This week's boot was much better than the other female chef in her trio.

01-18-09, 00:46 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Top Chef NY Ep 7"
Welcome aboard.

I think the early line about the first winner being usually the series winner was a throwaway line, it doesn't mean anythng. Stefan may win it in the end but he has to earn it, they aren't going to just hand it to him.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •