LAST EDITED ON 09-30-15 AT 08:42 AM (EST)
Week 1 ~ “Second Chance”
Welcome my friends -- guppies and sharks --- do you remember the Office Pool? A throwback from days and boards gone by? It is time for this game to rear its ugly head for Season 31 of Survivor. I am pleased to bring you The Office Pool: Second Chances!
Jump on in … the water’s fine! There is NO sign up for this game this season. If you want to play in the POOL, just dive right in here and now!!!
This game will continue to remain quite simple. Like most Office Pools, all you have to do to get by each week is pick a survivor. Just don't pick the survivor who is voted out and you will do just fine!
Each week, I may or may not provide you with several opportunites to earn additional bonus points. These will be very easy and will depend on actions that your survivor might perform or take part in during the week’s episode.
For the “over-achievers” among us, there may be other opportunities to gain those highly sought-after bonus points that just might put you a step ahead of the rest of the pack!! So pay attention!
So come on in friends, gather round the Office water cooler, and let me explain how the The Office Pool: Second Chances is played.
1. Each week, the Hostess will post the week’s Entry Thread at Random times. Your job will be to post in this thread - the sooner, the better. The picking will be in a musical chairs-type fashion – first come, first pick and so on. ALL PICKS MUST BE MADE BY 7:30 PM EST ON THE DAY THE SHOW AIRS. If you do not make a pick, you will be eliminated from the game. If you must be out of town for some reason and cannot make your pick, please pm me in advance with your top three pick choices and I will make your pick for you. You may do this ONCE a season. If you have to ask me to do it a second time, it will cost you 50 pts. A third time will cost you 100 pts., and so on. Just put a survivor's name in your subject line. Pick the Survivor who you think will earn the most points for the week WITHOUT quitting the show or getting voted out at Tribal Council.
2. Scoring: You will get points if your survivor wins a team or individual Immunity; wins a team or individual Reward; is selected by the Reward winner to share in the reward; finds a hidden Immunity Idol; delivers an elimination vote; and for every confessional your survivor has. You will receive an additional bonus if you correctly guess the number of confessionals your Survivor has each week. This bonus is called the “Hit the Nail on the Head Bonus.” When counting confessionals, the Hostess counts each time the survivor is shown talking directly to the camera (with or without their name shown).
You will also have the opportunity to win or lose Bonus points throughout the season through random actions that your survivor may do during the episode. You will lose points if your survivor gets votes without being eliminated, has no confessionals or does something random that the Hostess has said will earn negative points for the week. Please note, the Hostess is prone to use hidden clues for random additional bonuses, so it is imperative that players be extra alert and watchful for hidden bonus points at all times.
3. If your survivor gets voted out or quits, you are eliminated from the game. Always. There will be no Immunity.
4. I will post the entry threads at random times some time before the Wednesday before the show.
5. Points and Leaderboards will be explained and posted each week by yours truly in a prompt manner.
6. This game can be played by only 20 people. Therefore, each Survivor may be picked only once. Once the last survivor has been picked, the game is closed to new players. If all survivors have not been picked by week 1, than new players can jump in any time after that as long as there are still survivors who have not been picked.
7. Once you pick a survivor, you may not change your pick.. So be alert! If you do this, than you shall receive a 50-point penalty.
8. Occasional discrepancies or oversights in scoring are few and far between, but sometimes can and do occur. If you have a concern or question about your score, kindly PM the Hostess. You will find me very open and usually agreeable.
These are the rules. Consider this the FIRST ENTRY THREAD and jump on in!
The Week's BONUS Points:
+50 Your Survivor finds a Hidden Immunity Idol
+35 Your Survivor says the name of the episode
+25 Your Survivor is the first survivor shown in the credits for his or her tribe. If they are not separated by tribes in the credits, than points will only be given to the first survivor shown in the credits.
+15 Your survivor is exiled
-25 Your survivor finishes last in a challenge race
For an additional 50 pt. Bonus, please post the answer to this question in your posts.
The survivors will be first shown arriving by:
The Official Survivors who can be picked:
Abi-Maria / Peih-Gee / Shirin / Kelley Wentworth / Kelly Wigglesworth
Woo / Terry / Spencer / Jeff / Vytas
Ciera / Kass / Monica / Kimmi / Tasha
Jeremy / Joe / Andrew / Keith / Stephen
First come, first serve! Welcome to the Pool – it’s time to start swimming with the sharks! THIS IS YOUR OFFICIAL WEEK ONE ENTRY THREAD! Don't bother signin' up -- JUMP IN!! Cannonball, Swan dive, it doesn’t matter. Last one in the pool receives a negative 25-point anti-bonus!
ALL PICKS MUST BE MADE BY 7:30 PM EST ON THE DAY THE SHOW AIRS. This game is still open to any new players who want to play. Just make a pick in the Pool!
Good luck all!
Welcome to the Pool, my friends! Here’s wishing you all a fun season in the Pool!