The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A Rebuttal"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Games Forum (Protected)
Original message

Georjanna 1170 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-10-12, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A Rebuttal"
LAST EDITED ON 06-11-12 AT 04:32 AM (EST)

To the Board:

In order to establish a frame of reference, I first intended to position this post as a reply to Michel's comments in the Episode 13 thread of Greek Islands. But I came to the conclusion that posting it there could be interpreted as another inappropriate interference in that game.

I also considered posting it to The Jury House thread. But its content is certainly not appropriate to the congenial atmosphere that Ag - and the House’s other inhabitants – have created there.

So, I’ve put these remarks in a separate thread. And, because I have not made a habit of creating extraneous threads, I hope that I will be forgiven this breach of forum etiquette.

Michel’s Public Comment:

“I must also ask the jurors not to make any comments to help players as a challenge is underway. Maybe you didn't like that my "just off the mark" comment helped Aras but Jeff does that all the time. Anyway, Aras' first three shots clearly showed that he had figured out the puzzle while something like "Holy Asteroids" could have revealed something to Earl that he hadn't seen. That is unsportsmanlike. You already have extraordinary powers to influence the outcome.”

1. it is a fact that I did not like that the comment "just off the mark" assisted one Survivor in a Challenge phase that included two.

2. My Public Comment was intentionally sarcastic - and I would like to think a bit entertaining - but, I also think that it was well within the context of the picture of events that Michel had painted. I said:

"Holy Asteroids!

A brilliantly evasive Aras remains unscathed by the Jurors' bullets whistling harmlessly by him as he takes epiphanic aim and dispatches them: One, Two - and Corvis makes - Three.

And his fourth, and final, bullet - fired at E5 - is reported by our host and spotter to be "just off the mark".

While Earl fires not a shot."

3. To make the two-day-long story of my attempt to solve this Challenge as short as possible:

My own entry was based upon my rejection of the obvious answers produced by creating and placing a grid over the diagram that Michel provided in favor of an over-thought, cockamamie theory that the puzzle was based upon Earth's orbit through ten grid coordinates. And when that theory proved to be as ridiculously improbable as it sounds, I went back to the obvious.

And, by comparing my original answers with the hits and misses recorded in the first and second phases of the Challenge and with Michel's "just off the mark" direction to Earth's/Earl's location, I realized that my grid placement had positioned Mars and Earth one grid away from the coordinates that Michel was using. So, by the start of the last - two-Survivor - phase of the Challenge, I was confident that I had nine correct coordinates. And I did. However, I did not, at any time during the Challenge, transmit or discuss any of my correct or incorrect solutions to the puzzle to - or with - anyone on this not-in-E5-Earth. Except Michel.

But, I had no idea where the 10th person was located. And, to make that long story as short as possible:

Because I had already been badly burned by my 'orbit' theory, I only briefly considered the possibility that Aras (from my first-person perspective - the 10th person) was hidden in a circular band of Asteroids that transited multiple grids (one of which - D7 - had been a miss and one of which - H8, containing Mars - had been a hit). To me, it looked as though there was no one grid that an Asteroid-dweller could call home.

So, "Asteroids' was Michel's - correct - answer. It was never mine. I never got there.

Instead, because there had been both a hit (J-4) and a miss (I-4) on the 'top' of Saturn and there were still portions of the planet (as it appeared in my grids even after I adjusted them to 'reposition' Mars and Earth) in I-5 and J-5, I concluded that Aras was a second inhabitant of that planet.

4. As to the exclamation that I published to the thread:

I deliberately chose 'Holy Asteroids!' for three reasons.

(1) I liked the way that the two words sounded together (it reminded me of The Jetsons).
(2) The phrase echoed/referenced the Challenge
and
(3) I didn't want to use a Player's or Survivor's - as in 'Holy Saturn!' - actual location.

5. I failed to solve this Challenge completely or correctly. I posted edgy comments regarding it. But, I did not attempt to provide inappropriate assistance to any of its participants. And I did not think that it would be fair of me - to me - to let Michel's assumption and accusation stand without rebuttal.

Never ascribe to malice that which can adequately
be explained by incompetence.
― Napoleon Bonaparte

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A Rebuttal krismiss2us 06-10-12 1
   RE: A Rebuttal Georjanna 06-10-12 2
       RE: A Rebuttal krismiss2us 06-10-12 3
 RE: A Rebuttal Corvis 06-10-12 4
   RE: A Rebuttal Georjanna 06-10-12 13
       RE: A Rebuttal krismiss2us 06-10-12 14
 RE: A Rebuttal tribephyl 06-10-12 5
 RE: A Rebuttal agman 06-10-12 6
 RE: A Rebuttal suzzee 06-10-12 7
   RE: A Rebuttal krismiss2us 06-10-12 8
   RE: A Rebuttal agman 06-10-12 9
       RE: A Rebuttal agman 06-10-12 10
           RE: A Rebuttal jbug 06-10-12 11
               RE: A Rebuttal agman 06-10-12 12
                   You've been Sock Blocked suzzee 06-11-12 15
               RE: A Rebuttal suzzee 06-11-12 17
       RE: A Rebuttal suzzee 06-11-12 16
 A Long-winded Discussion Georjanna 06-15-12 18
 And Susie and Georgianna - Unabridg... Georjanna 06-15-12 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

krismiss2us 768 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-10-12, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A Rebuttal"
re: #5...very well said and i don't recall you saying holy asteroids or anything like that and honestly if you had, i doubt i would've got the reference.

re: the rest: Are you an engineer? or a rocket scientist?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-10-12, 06:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Georjanna Click to send private message to Georjanna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A Rebuttal"
LAST EDITED ON 06-11-12 AT 01:11 PM (EST)

Hi, Kris!

Oh, I said it. And wish now that I had picked any other solar reference.

And your post reminded me that I did not include either the text of my referenced post or a link to it. So, I've edited the post above to include both.

As to the rest - "Are you an engineer? or a rocket scientist?":

Good Lord, no! I am lousy at math and worse at science. I am a retired salesperson, wife, mother and grandmother who fell in love with words at an early age and has never gotten over the infatuation.

Thank you, though, very much for your kind words. I appreciated them. In fact, I may frame them ...

This is for fun: "That was unsportsmanlike."

06-10-12, 07:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A Rebuttal"
It's quite refreshing to see people who have a clear grasp of the english language (no offense to anyone who speaks other languages) and isn't afraid to show it!

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-10-12, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A Rebuttal"
So I completely missed the drama of all this, but I must say I really enjoyed reading that post.

06-10-12, 11:13 PM (EST)
13. "RE: A Rebuttal"
LAST EDITED ON 06-11-12 AT 02:49 PM (EST)

Hi, Corvis!

No one will ever know how tempted I was to allow everyone to think that I had solved the puzzle. Particularly, that I had discovered the "Asteroid" location. Because it had totally fooled me and I really don't think that many of us had identified it as one of the 'inhabited' grids.

But, I just couldn't get past "unsportsmanlike".

So, I didn't enjoy writing the post. But now that it's done, I am enjoying everyone's comments.

It was, I think, a very inventive Challenge and it is amazing how many different approaches were employed in attempts to solve the puzzle. For instance:

D9 (my secret location) contained the planet that Astrology associates most closely with the Sun Sign Sagittarius - Jupiter. And Dreamz and I are both Sagittarians. So, at one point when I was trying to decide if there were, indeeed, two Survivors/Jurors on Saturn, I thought that - although Michel is not known to be a great admirer of Astrology - he might, still, have used the Signs/Ruling Planets as the basis for his heavenly room assignments.

And that worked out about as well as did my orbit theory ...

This is for fun: "That was unsportsmanlike"

06-10-12, 11:15 PM (EST)
14. "RE: A Rebuttal"
you know the signs of the survivors? i am such an underachiever...

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-10-12, 07:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A Rebuttal"
Wanna know what my strategy was?

Spelling words from the number/letter combinations. K9/Canine, H8/Hate, B4/Before.
How's THAT for not even being in the same galaxy as all the others.
Yet somehow, I still managed to hit Mike and Ian.

So I don't know if having even the correct idea of the puzzle was the best way to have come out on top in this challenge. AND as I didn't really follow the whole fracas either, am somewhat astounded the player spaces weren't completely random.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-12, 08:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A Rebuttal"
I didn't even realize there was a problem with anyone's posts on that thread! I guess that was just my male pattern obtuseness showing up! .....That challenge was a real pain in the Asteroid! . I thought he had just done it randomly too.

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-10-12, 09:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: A Rebuttal"
LAST EDITED ON 06-10-12 AT 09:31 PM (EST)

I, being the Sun, and the center of the Universe feel it's about time everyone got that memo.
I spun in a circle and shot. There's a strategy for ya......

Abusing the English language, grammar and punctuation on a galactic scale since the 2nd grade.

06-10-12, 09:37 PM (EST)
8. "RE: A Rebuttal"
*snort* I love your grasp of the english language as well suzzee!

06-10-12, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: A Rebuttal"
I, being the Sun, and the
center of the Universe

psssssst suzzee, if you're the sun, you're the center of the solar system, not the universe!

I am however, happy to see that you have no lack of self-confidence!

06-10-12, 09:48 PM (EST)
10. "RE: A Rebuttal"
However, I feel a new nickname coming on for you Suzzee...........heh heh heh

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-12, 10:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: A Rebuttal"
Suzzee will always be the Sock. Nothing can ever takes its place.
But feel free to call her other names as well.

4th member of the Jury 2012

06-10-12, 11:12 PM (EST)
12. "RE: A Rebuttal"
sock it to me, sock it to me, sock it to me........

06-11-12, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "You've been Sock Blocked"

06-11-12, 10:59 AM (EST)
17. "RE: A Rebuttal"
Call me anything you like just don't call me late for 2 for 1 shot night.

I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too.

06-11-12, 10:58 AM (EST)
16. "RE: A Rebuttal"
Give me a light year and I'll take Warp 9

I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too.

06-15-12, 01:27 AM (EST)
18. "A Long-winded Discussion"
LAST EDITED ON 06-18-12 AT 11:29 AM (EST)

Hello!

Considering this evening's Greek Islands' events in light of this extant Clarification, I thought that it might be expedient to offer this review of a fascinating exchange a home here (where space isn't quite so restricted).

Survivor - The Greek Islands Episode 1, Post 8

Michel: I am wondering if this rule should be changed:
5- Everyone will have a vote at every Tribal Council except the F2.

To be honest, I never thought we would have 11 players, I was wondering if we would even get to 8. When I wrote that rule, I had two goals in mind: Keep everyone participating (that's also why the Survivor-less players will still be able to play the immunity challenges) and to keep it friendly. The jury was going to have a say in who makes it to the end.

I was expecting it to have a limited impact: A group of 4 or 5 players would still determine the vote until F4 but it would get tricky after that. Now, the jury's vote will outweigh the remaining players as soon as F6 which wasn't the intent of the rule. We can still play that way, we could change it and do it like the real thing with the jury observing the vote or we could give each juror "half" a vote.

Please let me know what you think but I wouldn't want to impose a change at this stage if you are uncomfortable with it. I feel that it has to be unanimous, like a "give up immunity" decision so, to avoid debates, you can PM me your opinion.

Survivor - The Greek Islands Episode 1, Post 41

Michel: I only had 3 PMs for the rules revision I proposed, all saying they are fine whichever way the majority goes so I have no majority. Therefore, I am proposing to give all the future jury members half a vote starting at F11.

That way, everyone will be voting as promised but the jury will only count for 3 votes at F5. The half votes could eventually be a tie-breaker and, what I like is that, at F3, the jury will be able to save their favorite out of the 2 players without immunity.

The F3 challenge should therefore be reserved for the three remaining players only.

Is everyone OK with this? Let me know.

Survivor- The Greek Islands Episode 1, Post #42

KrisMiss: ummm i have no freakin clue what you just said. so i might be ok with it...then again, i might not

Survivor- The Greek Islands Episode 1, Post #43

Michel: Let me try again! Once we get to F11 and players get eliminated, they will still be able to vote as promised but their votes will only count for half a vote.

For example: At F10, I will receive 10 votes from the remaining players and 1 from the first juror. If the players split their votes 5-5 then the juror's half vote could break that tie.

When we reach the F5, meaning 6 players will be on the jury, their half votes will count for a maximum of 3 votes. The F5 could still control the vote by putting 4 votes on one player.

Are you Ok with that?

Survivor- The Greek Islands Episode 1, Post #44

Krismiss: So we all get a vote at the end right?

Survivor- The Greek Islands Episode 1, Post #46

Michel: When we get to the F2, the two players who have gotten their Survivors to the end will be revealed and they will plead their case to get the votes. The 9 jurors will ask them one question each and then will vote for one or the other.

But, yes, until the F2, everyone will vote to eliminate Survivors, the players still in the game getting a full vote while the ones on the jury getting half a vote each. That is if no one objects.

Survivor- The Greek Islands Episode 1, Post #54

KrisMiss: i trust you, michel, (geez...hamster house flash back...) to tell me what i need to do...ok not how to play my game...but when to vote, how many to vote for, and when i'm no longer allowed to vote. how about that? can i trust you michel? LOL

Survivor- The Greek Islands Episode 1, Post #55

Michel: As a host yes.

Survivor- The Greek Islands Episode 1, Post #65

Michel: First, I want to tend to some rules business:

Since I received so few comments, I decided to make an executive decision and made a few changes to the rules: The merge will be at 12, the jury will vote until the end but a juror's vote will only count for a half vote and the jury will not play in the F3IC. If you have concerns or don't agree with this, please send me a PM and we will see what can be done.

Survivor - the Greek Islands: Season Finale Part I, Post #35

Michel: So often, the Final 3 IC winner faces the toughest decision of the season so I decided it would be a good thing to do it like they do it on the show: The F3 IC winner will be the only one to vote, deciding whom he will face in front of the jury.

Survivor - Greek Islands: Love Edit or Leave It!

06-15-12, 04:23 AM (EST)
19. "And Susie and Georgianna - Unabridged and in Context ... "
LAST EDITED ON 06-18-12 AT 10:47 AM (EST)

Susie's - As Submitted - Greek Islands' Finale Comment:

Gabon was hard! I mean, even for Survivor, it was hard. Ya' know?

And it was weird. Gabon was weird. I guess now they'd say it was wicked weird, ya' know.

So, I was next to first. I won Individual Immunity - twice - when it really counted. I mean, I was on a tribe, off a tribe, on a tribe. I mean, if ya' want to know, Gabon was a damned mess. And I was still next to first. And what did Probst say?

He said that I - not foul-mouthed Corinne or easy-pickin's Marcus or do-less Crystal or creepy Bob or moony Matty or human-hating Randy – I was an embarrassment! That if I had won, I would have been the worst Sole Survivor. Ever!

So, I was first out of this piece of Greek Islands cake. Gone! Caput! Fini! At the first Tribal. And ya' know what I think Probst would say about me this time?

He'd say ... 'What an embarrassment! If she had won the game, she would have been the worst Sole Survivor. Ever!' ...

Now, we all know that Susie talks too much. So, I fully expected her remarks to be edited. And here is an example of a drastic edit that, I think, preserves the context and intent of her message.

My - Sample - Edit of Susie's Greek Islands' Finale Comment:

Gabon was hard. And I was still next to first. And Probst said that I was an embarrassment. That if I had won, I would have been the worst Sole Survivor. Ever!

So, I was first out of this piece of Greek Islands cake. And I think Probst would say, 'What an embarrassment! If she had won the game, she would have been the worst Sole Survivor. Ever!' ...

And here is an example of a drastic edit that, I think, does not.

Michel's - Published - Edit of Susie's Greek Islands' Finale Comment:

Susie : Gabon was a damned mess. And I was still next to first. I was first out of this piece of Greek Islands cake. Gone! Caput! Fini! At the first Tribal! What an embarrassment.

My - As Submitted - Greek Islands' Finale Comment:

The game made me feel ...
Wowed, weary and wiser.
Yes ...
I learned something.
Several somethings.

And that was, evidently, six words too long.

Michel's - Published - Edit of My Greek Islands' Finale Comment:

Georgianna (Dreamz): The game made me feel ... Wowed, weary and wiser.

Survivor - Greek Islands: Love Edit or Leave It!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •