URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7823
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Post ep 1, Pre tribal shuffle challenges"

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-07-12 at 01:39 PM
These are post episode one vidcaps, and PRE-TRIBAL SHUFFLE CHALLENGE vidcaps...

Pre Tribal shuffle Challenges:

There are two current challenges seen that are done as pre-tribal shuffle challenges. Where the tribes are split into Blue Salani Women vs. Orange Manono Men....

First challenge is the challenge that the Salani Women clearly win....

Note the belts around their waists, just as was in this last challenge from last season...

Not saying that this new challenge is just like last season. We have also seen them wear belts attached to a tether and have to untangle themselves over, under, etc. Clearly, they are going to have to manipulate themselves to either unravel the cord, or go through some kind of obstacle course....

Here are the vidcaps: Thanks to Blind Freddy who labeled them and also pointed out the belts...

We know this is post episode one. They are wearing their original buffs, men vs. women. It appears that Colton is sitting on the bench. Indicating that the girls lose ep 1 challenge. I suspect this is the RC from ep 2, but it is possible that it could be the IC for ep 2.

Seven men are seen: Colton, Jay, Matt, Michael, Troyzan, Tarzan, Leif
Seven women are seen: Kat, Kim, Sabrina, Monica, Alicia, Christine, mysterious elbow. (Note seen facially are Kourtney, Chelsea, and Nina)

Sling Shot Challenge

This is also a pre tribal shuffle challenge. It could be a reward challenge, or it could be an IC. I suspect that it is an IC, but at this point we just don't have definitive proof....

I suspect it is episode 2, however, it could possibly be later.

Sling shot apparatus:

These pictures could be from this sling shot challenge as well, at the end, and Tarzan has taken his buff off of his head....

...they look very celebratory...fwiw. At this point in time, I am speculating that the girls lose the ep 1 challenge, then win the RC in ep 2, and lose at the IC in ep 2, which is the sling shot challenge.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Kourtney medivac ep 1?"
Posted by Flowerpower on 02-10-12 at 10:19 AM
As I go over vidcaps, I keep finding red flags. We know that after episode 1 that there are at least 2 more challenges that have the original tribes, Men/Manono vs. Women/Salani. One is the sling shot challenge where we have shots of Greg/Tarzan, Troyzan, Alicia, and Sabrina. That challenge is associated with these vidcaps...

It sure looks like the men may win this challenge, if it is the challenge that we see from the press, with trying to get 5 blocks in a row out. We do NOT know if it is for RC or IC.

Now, the next challenge, most likely occurs in episode 2 as well, and it is the one where the girls win...but if it occurs in episode 2, there should be 1 person sitting out for the guys, but we have 2 guys sitting out this challenge...

...I have labeled Colton and Jay sitting on the sit out benches(small print). So, if there are 2 men sitting out this challenge we can conclude 2 different scenarios:

1. This is actually episode 3 reward challenge that the girls win, and the girls have lost both IC's in ep 1 and ep 2 IC's. Most likely booting Kourtney and Nina(possibly Chelsea)....** I believe Chelsea is seen in the water basketball challenge??

2. This is indeed episode 2 and 2 guys are sitting out because the women lost the IC in ep 1 and booted Nina, AND Kourtney is gone due to medivac already.

Another point that I want to point out is that Colton and Jay are sitting out....if this was for immunity, don't you think that they would have Greg sitting out? Food for thought...

"RE: Kourtney medivac ep 1?"
Posted by tullfan on 02-10-12 at 10:41 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-10-12 AT 10:42 AM (EST)

Still think that the belted challenge is for Immunity based on the glum luck on the men's faces. I don't think that they would get that dour if this challenge was just for Reward. Also, if the belted challenge has a puzzle component, they might sit out Jay rather than Greg or Jonas.

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-10-12 at 11:03 AM
All good points, Tullfan. If this is for ep 2 immunity, then likely the sling shot challenge could be for reward in ep 2 OR even for Reward in ep 3. If this is for ep 2 immunity, however, 2 guys sitting out, still spells disaster for Kourtney, as well as one booted lady.

Posted by baddove on 02-10-12 at 02:45 PM
The sling slot challenge was described as an immunity challenge in the TV guide preview.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 02-24-12 at 02:16 AM
baddove posted that the sling shot challenge was described as an IC in the TV Guide preview. Do you all remember it that way? Is there a transcript?

If so, it is not in Ep 3, and Troyzan would survive Ep 3, and the water basketball and swap would be Ep 5 at earliest.

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-24-12 at 07:58 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-12 AT 08:04 AM (EST)

Other folks have mentioned that the sling shot challenge was called an IC as well, but I went and read the transcript for it. It was never called an IC by anyone in production. The media girl that got to work on the panels for the challenge and then competed in a practice run of it is the one that labeled it as an IC. So, I don't know whether she just assumed that, but I am not convinced that it is.

Especially now, we know for sure that this challenge will indeed be a reward challenge. It must be either a RC in episode 3, OR, it will be a RC in episode 4. One thing we know for sure is that the shuffle WILL occur in episode 4 because of my spec, here.

If you count the folks that are seen: 4 stand outs for Salani, 3 standouts for Manono, 1 approaching woman, plus the players at the time - 5, plus one sit out for the men(Greg), and Alicia is not seen but we know she is there (I suspect she is standing with the other 3 standouts but she is obscured by Leif's body), equals 15 people there. 15 people are left in the game for the IC in episode 4.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 02-10-12 at 07:47 PM
A lot of good points ...
finding two men sitting out, great catch, woohoo!

My 2 cents is I wouldn't guess the type of challenge by their happiness or dejection. If the women have lost all previous challenges they will be ecstatic to break the streak, and the men will be bummed that the women are getting a psychological edge.

But really, they compete hard and it is always a drag to lose and good to win. Winning rewards usually translates into something that will make you stronger for the next immunity.

So sling shot challenge is immunity, therefore this belt challenge is Ep 2 RC or possibly Ep 3 RC. Unlikely IMHO to be Ep 3 IC. Possible that a swap could take place at the IC for Ep 3 rather than at the RC. The numbers are the same either way. If so, the belt challenge could be Ep 3 RC.

Assuming there are reward challenges again, the strategy of who to sit out at RC returns after being absent for two seasons, as the no two sequential rule applies again. I do not see them sitting Jay out for an IC unless he is unwell. Putting Greg in for the RC preserves the option of an IC sit-out for him as they don't yet know what it will be.

Note that Leif is not sitting out either. He is another one they might wish to have the option to sit out for a yet unknown IC. If Leif and Greg are both in, I think it must be an RC.