URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 7726
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"To-Date-Accurate Sourced Boot Spoilers ... "

Posted by Georjanna on 09-25-11 at 04:21 AM
... are being revealed by MaxxFisher here and in the Spoiler Forum at SS. They are contained in the three posts at the top of the referenced page.

And I am certain that the fact that a Hantz was again playing the Game is mere coincidence.

G

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Don't read if you don't want to know!"
Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 09-25-11 at 09:40 PM
It does indeed look as if the Hantz family is at it again. Another reason why I hate them so much!

It ruins the season for everyone!

"RE: Don't read if you don't want to know!"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 09-25-11 at 11:16 PM
Hantz did not spoil Survivor Samoa, and it was the most spoiled ever!

Thanks Georgjanna, with two hits, it sounds like Maxx is on to something. His spec about Papa Bear makes perfect sense.

I really don't care if I learn the bootee's name. I am no longer that interested in the bootee. That's why I don't vote any more, or rarely do.

"RE: To-Date-Accurate Sourced Boot Spoilers ... "
Posted by Belle Book on 09-26-11 at 05:16 PM
I'm not surprised if Papa Bear turns out to be the bootee. I kind of thought he might be the one to go anyway.

"Ep 5"
Posted by dabo on 10-08-11 at 07:13 PM
Something new is up now from Maxx, haven't checked it yet and don't intend to at least for awhile. Just note the time. If his agenda is to drive traffic to the site, well we have plenty of time to ignore it, Saturday to Wednesday is a very long window of opportunity. Would have been smarter to keep me waiting and checking every so often, at least.

I hope this doesn't disrupt spec conversations, and especially not the editting thread.

Those who want to check, of course, there's nothing wrong with that -- and conversation can occur here in this thread even! Would please ask that you exercise some care with subject headers since not everyone will understand why I bumped this.

"RE: Ep 5"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-08-11 at 07:26 PM
I took a look, and the answer is in a cryptogram. Based on the way of the letters are set up and there being only one person who fits the pattern of the letter, I've figured out who the boot is. And when I applied the letters of this person's name to the rest of the cryptogram, it all fit together.

Not going to reveal it here - more fun to let other people try and figure it out.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-08-11 at 11:53 PM
That was fun ...
I will put it in spoiler font. Someone on his site suggested running it through an online solver, but I liked doing it by getting the letters as I went along.

SPOILER FONT, HIGHLIGHT TO VIEW IT

ELYSE
Yes, it is true, there is a woman on this season named Elyse. It was a surprise to me too. This is the first blindside of the season. Even though Elyse is the one that is voted out, I think it's Ozzy that is blindsided. He and Elyse are the only ones not in on the vote this week. Keith and Whitney are part of the blindside. I think I might have been part of the blindside.

Posted by tribephyl on 10-09-11 at 01:08 AM
Well, at least we had a chance to narrow it down first. And we certainly guessed (predominantly) that Savaii would be visiting council this week.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-09-11 at 02:54 PM
I agree with the idea of how the word "blindside" is used here.

It's going to be a small blindside for the audience who were privy to some of the ideas being tossed around last episode, but it's going to be a massive blindside for this person and just as big (if not bigger) for the other person in their two-person alliance, and it's going to result in a LOT of scrambling next episode.

"Duel Spoiler"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-09-11 at 01:10 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-09-11 AT 01:13 AM (EST)

HIGHLIGHT FOR DUEL SPOILER

Another Redemption Island and another opportunity for Matt, I mean Christine. Another opportunity for Christine to save herself. Oh but this challenge is just heartbreaking. Christine has to go up against Stacey, her best friend. Yes, they are best friends. They spent 6 whole days together and were not part of the Coach alliance so according to my “Reality TV Editing Chart” that makes them best friends. Well $1,000,000 is thicker than water and once again Matt ... I mean Christine, wins. Why do I keep calling her Matt? But true to her word, Stacey goes out swinging. She drops some knowledge regarding her former tribe, especially the fact that Coach is running the show. I wonder if this causes any paranoia on another tribe with a returning player?

Maxx changed the cryptogram from what he used for his spoiler tagged section above, so this was tedious. I had gotten familiar with the other letters.

There is some more of his post, just haven't slogged through it yet.

"Challenge ep 5 spoiler"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-09-11 at 01:31 AM
I wonder if there has been a pattern this season that we can look back on and figure out the victor. I'm stumped and I know you are to so I'll just come right out and tell you Upolu wins immunity. Seriously, is this season being written? I wonder who that writer is sending home?

"The HII"
Posted by tribephyl on 10-09-11 at 03:30 AM
He had a few ... um ... secret letters? But you can read what he's meaning.
Highlight...BENJAMIN WAGE FINDS THE HIDDEN IMMUNITY IDOL. IF YOU ANALYZE THE VIDCAPS FROM NEXT WEEK?S PREVIEW, AND BY ?YOU ANALYZE? I MEAN ?NOT ME? YOU WILL SEE THAT BENJAMIN WADE IS LOOKING FOR THE IDOL BUT DOESN?T FIND IT. CLEVER, CLEVER EDITORS. I AM HERE TO TELL YOU THAT THE SECOND HIDDEN IMMUNITY IDOL WAS FOUND BY THE SECOND RETURNING PLAYER, BENJAMIN WADE. BENJAMIN WADE, BENJAMIN WADE, BENJAMIN WADE.

"RE: The HII"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-09-11 at 03:55 AM
What I get from the last part posted by tribe (and to think I worked through it on my own before looking here) -- is Maxx is telling us who returns from RI at F5.
Very interesting.

Posted by tribephyl on 10-09-11 at 05:42 AM
I don't know if I'd read that much into it.
I think he just saying 2nd idol for 2nd returnee as opposed to the 2nd idol being found by the 'other' returnee. Ozzy has an idol and now Coach does too. Ozzy's first. Coach's second. Both returnees.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-09-11 at 05:21 PM
Ah, of course.

Thanks tribe!

"Ep 6"
Posted by tribephyl on 10-17-11 at 02:12 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-11 AT 02:21 AM (EST)

From Max...

Greetings my loyal minions, Maxx Fisher here

Timing is everything. Little did I realize posting these spoilers later than normal would have such an impact. How do I put this delicately? People have been crawling up my ass since Saturday to get the next spoilers. And speaking of timing, I also did not expect to have these spoilers about 30 minutes after I took a sleeping pill. So if this kind of veers off into Crazy Town then you know why.

Poor blindsided Elyse is sent to certain doom at Redemption Island. There is no way she can beat Christine right? What if I were to tell you that Elyse mops the floor with Christine and sends the Redemption Island Champ packing? Would you assume it was the sleeping pill talking? Well you’d be right. Christine, like Sherman, marches on and continues her winning record. How utterly surprising.

Did anyone watch the previews for the next episode? It’s obvious that Savaii loses, so the back and forth spell of Immunity wins has ended. Oh wait, it hasn’t Savaii wins. Not only do they win immunity they also get a reward. Savaii gets a nice little outing to a fresh water pool/lagoon or whatever they want to call it. I’m sure they’ll be getting a feast with it but personally I’ve never understood the appeal of going swimming as a reward. How about a big meal and a nice nap. The question remains, who is going home on Upolu?

I guess timing is bad for Mikayla too. If she had been on any other season she might have done better. Little did she realize she would be playing with God‘s own warrior Brandon and that her temptress ways would not work on him. He is a married man, that has made mistakes before but he will not be tempted by the seductive way she gathers firewood, builds a shelter or boils water. Brandon‘s wife is so lucky

I leave you with this my heavy coconuts, I’m sorry that I was so late getting you spoilers on a show that hasn’t aired yet. I’m a monster. To make it up to you, I’m going to tease episode 7 for you. Am I a good guy again? I know how much you all loved the last puzzle I did, so this tease will be in puzzle form again. I hope it makes sense because right now I can’t even figure it out. I think that sleeping pill kicked in about 20 minutes ago.

Later Minions

I'm sure it's not Oscar Wilde Visits Redemption Kitchen Island.

"RE: Ep 6"
Posted by kiki_k on 10-17-11 at 02:35 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-11 AT 02:39 AM (EST)

Clues (scroll)

The flag is the flag of the Togolese Republic, more commonly known as Togo.

The blue ball is the #2 billiard ball with the "2" removed.

Oscar asks (some mispronounce it as "axe" and technically he should have pictured 2 axes for the "s" on the end of "ask") to go to Redemption Island.

Posted by Krautboy on 10-17-11 at 02:40 AM
Good work Tribe...the Flag is the National Flag of Togo...

(nickname for Oscar Wilde) gets the "axe", Togo ( to go to)....?......Shawshank Redemption, Kitchen Island.

Just as we suspected!

Krautboy

Posted by kiki_k on 10-17-11 at 02:47 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-11 AT 02:52 AM (EST)

I'm reading it differently than you KB (as I explain in the post above). I think it is Ozzy asks to go to Redemption Island (i.e., he volunteers to go to RI) not that he "gets the axe." Of course, in NOLA, people often pronounce "ask" as "axe." We even have a song:

"They All Axed for You"

I went on down to the Audubon Zoo
And they all AXED for you
They all AXED for you
Well, they even inquired about you

I went on down to the Audubon Zoo
And they all AXED for you
The monkey's AXED
The tiger's AXED
And the elephant AXED for you, too

eta: Here's a link to the Meters performing it -- it's a good song (but I may be biased, I grew up hearing it):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nCJIlOOg9Y

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-17-11 at 09:24 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-17-11 AT 11:04 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-17-11 AT 09:25 AM (EST)

Good clue! Actually, kiki and KB, I think it could be read either way...

Ozzy asks to go to Redemption Island

or

Ozzy (is) axed to go to Redemption Island.

The question is will he ask to go, or will he just be axed.....

Why on Earth would he ASK to be voted out and go to RI? Where there is no guarantee that he will win....? Unless he's given up completely and we all know he's too competitive for that. He's also got to know that the merge is coming soon so why go to RI now to just be re-admitted to the game?

I take the clue that he gets "the ax" and then goes to RI. But, I'll admit, who knows what goes on in that "Bob Marley" head of his...

Posted by Brownroach on 10-17-11 at 11:12 AM
If Ozzy is in fact getting booted it was unnecessary to include "to go to Redemption Island." I think he asks to go. Why, I can't imagine.

That doesn't mean that his request is granted.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-17-11 at 12:13 PM
If he's feeling betrayed and/or let down by his group, and if he's got something pre-arranged with Coach beforehand, why not go to RI to get away from these people and be confident in his challenge ability to save himself for the next couple of episodes (I wouldn't bet against the producers whispering to him there are X episodes to go until the merge)?

Then again, it's Ozzy. He probably took a look at who's the person getting sent to RI this episode and decided, "Hey! Maybe I can do my magic with her over there..."

The clues... me likey. Much better than simply laying it out like he did with this week's votee.

Posted by KObrien_fan on 10-17-11 at 12:21 PM
I believe that it is Oscar asks to go to redemption island also.

The reason he would do so is he is now a free agent. He knows he will have to beat 1 girl in most likely 1 challenge before the merge and then he will be readmitted to the game and still have his idol. Ozzy knows that it is taking a chance, but then again he has worn out his alliance welcome with his tribe, he would rather lay the burden on himself.

So let's say it works, he wins one challenge and comes back into the game at the merge where both tribes are equal. Now he has a bargaining chip with which to go to Coach "I have the hii, you need to keep me in order to keep the target off yourself." They also may have made a helicopter pre-game alliance. In any case, all Upolu needs is to get one convert to start picking off Savaii.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

Posted by emydi on 10-17-11 at 01:14 PM
KT, you stole my post...I was just coming to write something very similar. I think his ego is big enuf that he believes he will have no trouble coming back into game

the TOGO flag is key he asks to go

Posted by kiki_k on 10-17-11 at 01:15 PM
There is an EW clip with an interview with Ozzy right when the game started & the interviewer asks him if he thinks he could go to RI as a "strategy" & come back in to win the game & Ozzy seems to like the idea. He says it is a "scary" thing to do (I think he meant "risky") but admits it could work -- he'd be able to be by himself & make friends with people 1 by 1 who just got "scr@wed" by their tribe (because they didn't get to RI without getting scr@wed) to secure their votes on jury. By the end of the interview he seems to like the idea. If nothing else, the interview planted the seed in Ozzy's head. He could be fed up enough with Savaii's "betrayal" to risk it.

And this time, if he goes to RI & comes back in, he'll have the HII in his pocket as insurance to not be the first boot ala Matt.

I'll try to find the clip & post it.

"Article & Clip re: Ozzy"
Posted by kiki_k on 10-17-11 at 01:18 PM
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/09/07/survivor-south-pacific-ozzy-lusth-redemption-island/

"RE: Article & Clip re: Ozzy"
Posted by Flowerpower on 10-18-11 at 08:43 AM
Awesome link to the Ozzy thoughts per RI, Kiki! Thanks so much for posting. WOW!

I agree with everyone that the clue is most likely meaning that Ozzy indeed "asks" to go to RI. I want to know how it evolves. He notes that he's a free agent....I hate to tell him he's the last one of Savaii to think this way, they've been playing for themselves from the git-go! Regardless, Ozzy is still going to try 150% to win the challenge, and they will this week. But, next week, they lose. How do they arrive at the point where Ozzy volunteers?

Do they rationally sit down and discuss all of the options, or does Ozzy come up with this all on his own as a way of ingratiating himself back to the numbers in his tribe. He knows he is going to need people with him, to get through post merge. He has to play the hand he's dealt, and he knows what a target he'll be post merge. But, clearly, after hearing the video, he's got a VERY VIABLE plan B, imo. Get to RI post merge and buddy up with EVERY jury member, then get back into the game, win the final challenges, and make the F3.....and, if anyone can do it, Ozzy could.

Perhaps he'll volunteer to go to RI now, as he knows that either Christine or Mikayla will be there, and he'll figure he is likely to beat them and be returned to the game pronto. Then, he'll be able to collect valuable intel on the Upolu tribe from bonding with the bootee. Then he'll share with the Savaii upon his return to the game. I love it!

From the first episodes and the editing, I have felt that Dawn and Ozzy will be connected through most of the game, but to date, it's not come to fruition, quite the opposite. Perhaps post merge, Dawn and Ozzy will develop a strong bond.

Great insight from the video and article, Kiki!

Posted by Modesty on 10-18-11 at 10:05 AM
You read my mind Flower. This was my initial post in Sucks spoilers.

If you have a look at the insider (episode 5) he talks a fair bit about taking six through the merge. He may just consider it's the only way. I don't imagine he's going to mope for 6 days. I said all along that he would be the last RI before the merge and I suspected it would be a choice he made - not because he wants to quit the game but because if they're down 5 to 6 at the merge they're screwed. If I had the guts to stick myself on redemption for the sake of my my tribe numbers I'd do it.

The big issue with Savaii losing that last immunity is that they lose someone and go into the merge down in numbers. If someone who is loyal 'offers' to go to redemption rather than allow the redemptee (and likely returnee) to become ostracized, that can be a really effective way of maintaining tribe loyalty when they all come back together after the duel. I think it's a very good social play move.

As to your point whether it's a group discussion or an offer made of his own volition - I guess we'll know more after episode 6. I don't expect for him to sulk all the way to RI. It lasted less than 24 after Cecilia was booted in CI and I'd predict about the same. He'll get over it - Jim was right about that.

Posted by emydi on 10-18-11 at 10:28 AM
possible but Jiffy's comment that Ozzy's social game gets worse belies this happening imho

what's to stop Ozzy from axing to go to RI but then using his HI to ax his biggest foe in his mind?

Someone (JCD) will think of this scenario and then what do you do? put two of your votes on Whitney and one on Ozzy and don't say anything to KW other than to tell them to vote for Ozzy like he axed. Then it doesn't matter who Ozzy votes for if he uses his HI Whitney would go in a 2-1 vote (with 3 Oz votes not counting) or Ozzy goes to RI if he doesn't use his HI

Posted by Modesty on 10-18-11 at 06:40 PM
>possible but Jiffy's comment that Ozzy's
>social game gets worse belies
>this happening imho
>

There were more to Jeff's comments than this. He also said Ozzy can go all the way because he's such a force but if he wants any chance at winning he needs to 'see the light'. I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just explaining my (and likely Flower's) logic in this line of thinking.

For my scenario I have tried to take in one of Ozzy's own opening comments in episode one: "I need redemption". This could mean he figures out he's acting like a selfish you-know-what and starts acting on behalf of the tribe as a whole. Redemption can mean many things.

I've never once misinterpreted Maxx's clues so I'd be surprised if he doesn't mean that Ozzy puts his hand up to keep the tribe numbers. I guess we will see.

Posted by kiki_k on 10-18-11 at 08:40 PM
Also, I can't remember when, but Jeff definitely said earlier this season that Ozzy had learned more from his previous experiences and that Coach had not. I keep waiting to see that happen because so far Coach looks like the one who has learned more than Ozzy. Maybe your interpretation is true & Ozzy is the one who "wakes up" and the social game comment from Jeff was just applicable to this week.

Also, I don't think Ozzy lacks loyalty to his tribe. IMO, his wake up call would be dumping these double-crossers.

Posted by Modesty on 10-18-11 at 08:58 PM
Kiki I think the Probst comment you're referring to was after day one of filming, when both Dalton and Jeff agreed that Ozzy seemed to be making more of a positive effort to fit in.

I can't see them giving him such a trashing in the edit if it wasn't to provide a basis for some sort of 'redemption'. He's an incredibly popular player and so many people have been put off him by this season it seems (not me of course). James got completely destroyed by his edit in HvV but there was no promise of redemption there like there has been for Ozzy.

I may be wrong...

Posted by kiki_k on 10-18-11 at 10:28 PM
Oh, I see what you mean now. I misunderstood before. Yes, I agree with you 100% re: Ozzy's edit & the key quote (as you say) is his words that became the title for the 1st episode "I need redemption." I hope, hope, hope you are right!

Posted by Modesty on 10-18-11 at 11:17 PM
Also Kiki, there was Brandon's tribal council quote that we were suppose to take note of, if the drop off in the music was anything to go by: "It's not how you start it's how you finish." This is one of those weird quotes that we will probably be retrospectively applying to the winner regardless. I can see it in many players - and Ozzy is one of them (albeit a fair way down the list). If (and it's a big IF) he is going to dramatically change his game we may not see signs of it until late episode 6, and then episode 7. If we haven't seen it by then, it's not coming

Posted by kiki_k on 10-18-11 at 11:51 PM
I'm with ya. Unfortunately, I think this most likely applies to Cochran {shudder} or Dawn (I could live with it; I wouldn't like it, but I could live with it).

Dawn ticks me off because when she had her break down day 1 it was Ozzy who talked her down -- and how does she pay him back for helping her save herself from being the first boot? Deceit & a lot of smack talk. She's an a$$, IMO.

Posted by KObrien_fan on 10-19-11 at 00:06 AM
Dawn ticks me off because when she had her break down day 1 it was Ozzy who talked her down -- and how does she pay him back for helping her save herself from being the first boot? Deceit & a lot of smack talk. She's an a$$, IMO.

Only one person can win, this is Survivor after all. Ozzy hooked himself up with a worthless lazy ally who needed to be the next boot, she couldn't possibly have told Ozzy about it. God forbid that she should go along 100% with what Ozzy's agenda is, which by the way he too should be trying to win.

I'm not sure who came first hosting games, you or Tribe, but you are both nefarious! - CTGirl

Posted by kiki_k on 10-19-11 at 11:19 AM
I'm aware how the game works.

The mistake Ozzy made was helping Dawn because without his help she would have been gone at the first TC.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-19-11 at 11:39 AM
Ozzy made his bed, so he's got to lie in it. Not going to break out the violins at all. He became an ass himself for letting his ego run amok after finding the HII and becoming lazy in camp. I wouldn't like him much either if I was in the same boat as Dawn, even if Ozzy did help me on Day 1.

Dog-eat-dog world, and all that stuff.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-19-11 at 06:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-19-11 AT 06:46 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 10-19-11 AT 06:44 PM (EST)

It wasn't so much helping Dawn as dealing with a situation he created.

Ozzy chose to let the camp life be miserable at the get-go (so the editing told us), and as a result one of his tribe began breaking down. He realized that he needed to step up and reinstate calm or it could be catching.

At the time he did not realize that it would be Semhar or Dawn, or he may indeed have let Dawn destruct. I think Ozzy saw the first boot as Cochran.

Returnees cannot expect to be wanted by the newbies. If a returnee wants to stay in the game, he or she needs to play twice the social game. The Savai'i other than Elyse were merely undecided on whether it was better to use Ozzy or lose him.

The older more mature women especially seem to have a track record on rejecting the returnees. Francesca, Kristina, Sarita, Julie -- now Christine, Stacey, and Dawn.

But even Whitney was not happy about Ozzy having power.
Ozzy must have failed in his social game as Keith is the closest thing he has to an ally at the moment. Dawn and Cochran are slightly more radical than the members of the 3 + 2 -- being willing to toss him before they have finished the pre-merge challenges rather than the first post-merge vote where they can afford to kick him.

Posted by kiki_k on 10-19-11 at 11:15 PM
Ozzy created the situation? How, because Dawn was too chickensh!t to speak up and say we really should build a shelter? That's even assuming we buy that her breakdown was due to no shelter -- which I don't. She didn't go a week without a shelter -- she spent 1 rain-free night without a shelter -- even "no camping no way" me can go one night without a shelter. Dawn's breakdown was because she was out of her element & she wasn't in control.

And we can make all the excuses we want for Dawn and try to put all the blame on Ozzy, but the theme this year is "loyalty" and Dawn doesn't have any. Turning your back on somebody who has helped you for whatever reason isn't noble. I understand this is Survivor & they are all out for themselves ultimately, but Dawn's vehemence against Ozzy is a lot weirder than just he's got a "bad social game" (and, I say again, was his social game bad when he was talking her down from the ledge? Is his social game bad when he's bringing her fish to eat?). There is something strange about Dawn & it goes beyond just her being out for herself & wanting to knock her competition out of her way. For one thing, she's extremely judgmental of those who don't follow her life philosophy -- the dig about Bob Marley, for one example. For another, look at how she reacted to the younger girls wearing bikinis, for the love of cheese! She acted like they were harlots and were "showing off" when all I saw was girls happy to have swimsuits instead of the same grubby clothes they'd been wearing for 10 days. She's almost as creepy as Brandon, IMO. But, I do give her this: the edit is going out of its way to try to make her appear as the nice, "normal" one, and that bodes well for her fate in the game.

Posted by Brownroach on 10-19-11 at 05:38 PM
what's to stop Ozzy from axing to go to RI but then using his HI to ax his biggest foe in his mind?

I think Ozzy will offer to just go without any TC vote taking place. Then no one has to worry.

Posted by Belle Book on 10-18-11 at 12:37 PM
I'm sure Ozzy will ask to go. Whether Cochran, Dawn & Jim allow him to -- or Keith & Whitney, for that matter -- is another story. He might ask to and Keith & Whitney oblige him, but Cochran, Dawn and Jim all feel that he'll use the Hidden Immunity Idol and they throw votes Whitney's way.

Posted by emydi on 10-19-11 at 10:43 AM
BB, I was thinking about this some more and again it comes down to WWKWD.

If KW also try to thwart an idol bounce like JCD without conferring then it could be 2(CD votes for W)-2(KW votes for C?)-1 (J vote for Ozzy)-1 (O vote for Jim) vote! or Ozzy could vote for C and it cd be 3-2-1 vote and Cochran leaves!

More and more I'm thinking that they just will do what Ozzy wants to keep the "tribe" strong...but I'd be leery to vote for an HI holder without some "insurance" I guess all 5 of them could work together but then someone else has to volunteer to be the bounce victim if Ozzy plays his HI Keith?

Posted by Belle Book on 10-19-11 at 04:50 PM
More likely, Whitney will volunteer. After all, if it was a challenge like the one last season, she's got a better shot than Keith of beating Christine and returning to the game.

Posted by Blind Freddy on 10-17-11 at 11:24 AM
Love it. How can you not feel good after listening to this? This made my day

Posted by kiki_k on 10-17-11 at 01:27 PM
Hee, hee! I'm so glad you like it. It makes my day too.

That's the thing I try to explain to people who didn't grow up in NOLA -- everybody loves their home, but in NOLA there is always background music -- always -- everywhere you go, with everything you do -- and you get so used to it that you don't realize other cities don't until you leave. NOLA really is a feast for all 5 senses unlike any other place I've ever been.

OK, I'm homesick now. I'll have to go listen to the song to get myself happy!

Posted by Brownroach on 10-17-11 at 12:17 PM
"Don't axe me why" (end of third verse, right before piano solo):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQoDqAdoBkY

Posted by kiki_k on 10-17-11 at 01:30 PM
Billy Joel is from the Bronx/NYC I believe. New Orleanians are said to have a somewhat Bronx-ish accent.

Posted by Brownroach on 10-17-11 at 04:58 PM
He was born in the Bronx but grew up in Hicksville on Lawn Guyland (Long Island).

Saying axe for ask is considered pretty typical of a New York accent. I'm sure Mr. Joel sang this with a wink.

Posted by Georjanna on 10-19-11 at 07:57 PM
I have just a little free time before the show, so I'll be back afterward (with some supporting conjecture)

But I just wanted to note that Maxx characterized ' Ozzy asks to go to Redemption Island' as a"tease" for Episode 7.

So we might want to consider that he didn't ask to be voted out of the tribe at all. Perhaps he asked instead to attend the Episode 7 duel as a lone wolf with an agenda.

G

Posted by Georjanna on 10-20-11 at 00:05 AM
So we might want to consider that he didn't ask to be voted out of the tribe at all. Perhaps he asked instead to attend the Episode 7 duel as a lone wolf with an agenda.

Or, perhaps not ...

Note to self: Cancel that after-show appointment. Quick!

"Week 7 Spoilers"
Posted by Modesty on 10-20-11 at 11:42 PM
I think I put this in the wrong place last time.

Maxx wanted you guys to know that he's posting his spoilers on Friday night this week so you'll have to be quick with your game.

Maxx's eternal servant (apparently)

"RE: Week 7 Spoilers"
Posted by kiki_k on 10-20-11 at 11:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up Modesty.

"ep7 bump"
Posted by dabo on 10-22-11 at 03:26 AM
3:07 AM Sat

wish this guy could be consistant, but eh whatever, noting it is up now whatever it says

"Episode 7 "
Posted by kiki_k on 10-22-11 at 03:29 AM
Spoilers are up from MaxxFisher:

http://www.tvfunspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13763

I gotta say, the more & more I contemplate Ozzy's crazy plan, the more worried I'm getting that he's going to pull it off.

"RE: Episode 7 "
Posted by Belle Book on 10-22-11 at 09:29 AM
Me too.

"Out of turn MaxxFisher partial spoiler Episode 8"
Posted by kiki_k on 10-26-11 at 09:25 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-26-11 AT 09:27 PM (EST)

Just FYI at 11:34 a.m. today Maxx posted this on Sucks:

I'll throw this spoiler out for episode 8 because:
1. I'm sure they'll spoil it in the previews
2. Everyone already assumes it anyway
3. It's not much of a spoiler
They merge.

His regular post should be up Friday.

"Wrong"
Posted by Brownroach on 10-27-11 at 10:54 AM
The idea is for Ozzy to go to Redemption Island and at the next duel he’ll bad mouth Savaii to whoever shows up from Upolu. He’ll mention that he played the idol already but ended up getting voted out finally, taking the idol out of play in their minds. So he beats Christine, returns at the merge, Upolu thinks the Savaii Idol is burned and they think Ozzy is on their side.

That is not what we heard last night. The real plan is much more sensible than this.

"Just thinking...."
Posted by Flowerpower on 10-27-11 at 03:07 PM
I am beginning to think there was more to that bit about Rick in Max's last spoiler than meets the eye. It raised a flag when I read it that Rick was headed for a blindside, now it seems more feasible....food for thought.

"RE: Just thinking...."
Posted by KObrien_fan on 10-27-11 at 03:31 PM
It is nothing, Maxx himself said so at Sucks.

Posted by dabo on 10-27-11 at 03:35 PM
Coach's F3 does not include Brandon or Rick, that was revealed in a secret scene confessional.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-27-11 at 03:38 PM
You mean Albert and Sophie along with Coach? Albert and Sophie didn't vote along with Coach on the Mikayla boot, so I dunno how secure that secret F3 actually is.

Posted by dabo on 10-27-11 at 03:57 PM
Let's not have a conversation about where Maxx's information comes from but say we did and let's also say we observed that some of his cagier stuff doesn't have much lasting value.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-27-11 at 06:58 PM
I wasn't referring to anything to do with Maxx whatsoever - I was responding to the info that apparently came from a secret confessional alluded to above. The only secret scenes I'm aware of are the ones transcribed by James Barber and the ones at the end of EW's Jiffy interviews (neither of which I've seen so far).

Posted by dabo on 10-28-11 at 10:55 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-11 AT 10:57 AM (EST)

Oh, I thought this was about Maxx saying he hated Rick, something about getting what he deserved, which I didn't think was worth reading anything into. Maxx is a source spoiler. I applaud that he's tried to make his stuff fun in some ways, but he isn't really interested in spec.

So, what did you think of how I goofed on Mark or Jeff or any of their underlings reading this thread? Wooo-Oooo-Oooo! Trick or Treat!

Anyway, Coach said something about knowing Brandon and Rick would be disappointed when they got on the jury but he'd have to deal with that later.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 10-27-11 at 03:52 PM
Yeah ...
Rick did get that convo with Coach about Brandon, showing that Rick is actually playing this game. Could be a warm-up to his exit?

Why do they cast people and then hide them?
Sears Casting, he wins his dream, then they Purple Kelly him.
Because they think Brandon is so much more entertaining?

Posted by dabo on 10-27-11 at 03:55 PM
Rick was the winner of the Jimmy T casting choice this season, let's just be thankful he's not another Jimmy T.

Posted by kiki_k on 10-27-11 at 04:08 PM
Because they think Brandon is so much more entertaining?

You kind of answered your own question.

Don't forget they got Coach & Cochran to give love to as well.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-27-11 at 06:59 PM
And Ozzy.

Posted by kiki_k on 10-27-11 at 07:29 PM
Yeah, but I *like* Ozzy, so that doesn't count.

"Spoiling the Spoilers"
Posted by Krautboy on 10-28-11 at 03:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-28-11 AT 03:30 PM (EST)

(Edited to add comments from EP8)

There's been quite a bit of discussion about distinguishing spoiler from opinion when reading Maxx's comments..and to Maxx's credit, it appears he will leave that for us to decide. Here's a sumary of some of the more Cryptic comments Maxx has made so far. The point I'm trying to make is that they indicate, as Maxx has already told us, he has some knowledge of the long term outcome, above and beyond his weekly spoilers.

EP1:
Is there any, any possible chance Coach or Ozzy will make it to the Jury? If only someone already knew the answer. Oh wait, someone does.

This comment was an early indication that Maxx probably had some information about the long term outcome of the game, beyond the episode to episode details…

EP3:
Someone to keep an eye on: Coach. When I found out he was going to be on this season I expected him to be the first or second person voted out. But he seems to be using his wily ways to stick around. But why wouldn’t you want to keep him around. He plays with honor & integrity, right? I wonder what Edna would say about that. Surely I’m not implying anything. I mean she was the first person to befriend Coach when everyone else dismissed him, so their bond must be as strong as granite. Maybe strong as chalk? Perhaps paper? The Dragon Slayer is firmly in the camp of “Bros before hos”. He is going to do her dirty and you heard it here first.

Here is another example of a Maxx comment that suggests knowledge about future events…in this case he is saying Coach will betray Edna’s loyalty and vote her out before his “Bros”. When this happens we can only speculate

I leave you with, my dirty, dirty liars, this season is going to be a wild ride. There are some…things that are going to happen this season that are going to either blow your mind, or make you punch a baby. I’m fine with either. But it’s going to be a wild ride. Check back each week for the skinny, I promise, no white lies.

Maxx tells us something big future event is coming…was he referring to this week?

EP4:
The tribe make-ups stay the same until the merge. And a tip to the wise, pay attention to who's getting all the airtime - bet on them to go deep into the game. Oooh, so cryptic.

Another example of Maxx’s big picture knowledge…who’s getting all the airtime? Brandon, Ozzy and Coach probably “go deep into the game.”

EP5:
Another Redemption Island and another opportunity for Matt…I mean Christine. Another opportunity for Christine to save herself. Oh but this challenge is just heartbreaking. Christine has to go up against Stacey, her best friend. Yes, they are best friends. They spent 6 whole days together and were not part of the Coach alliance so according to my “Reality TV Editing Chart” that makes them best friends. Well $1,000,000 is thicker than water and once again Matt…I mean Christine wins. Why do I keep calling her Matt? But true to her word, Stacey goes out swinging. She drops some knowledge regarding her former tribe, especially the fact that Coach is running the show. I wonder if this causes any paranoia on another tribe with a returning player?

Maxx suggesting, back in EP5, that Christine will continue winning on Redemption Island, which we have seen is the case. Another example of Maxx knowing more than he lets on?

EP7:
I can talk about the episodes after they happen, but I can’t say what I would like to see happen to the survivors. I can’t say “God I hate that Rick guy and it will be so sweet when he gets what’s coming to him”. Dose that mean I let slip that he was going to get blindsided or that he get’s mauled by a cougar and has to be evacuated? I know, poor me.

I leave you with this my reluctant volunteers, does this seem like an overly complicated plan to anyone else? It seems like a lot could go wrong, but I’m not playing and I’m watching from the outside so it’s easy for me to judge. One more thing to throw out there, one of the Savaii has a job. They have to pretend to flip to get information out of Upolu. I leave the identity for you to speculate. And as for hating Rick, how could I? He’s not even on the show.

These are the comments in question this week. When questioned about them, Maxx has said they were innocent remarks. I’m just saying that Maxx has demonstrated he has information about future events not yet aired on the show. I’m suggesting that some of that information could easily slip out in his writing, even though it may be unintentional.

EP8
I guess when you can‘t vote out Ozzy you vote out the next best competitor on the other side. So now Savaii has no Hidden Immunity idol and it is now 4 vs. 6 plus a Cochran. You don‘t have to be a mathemagician to see how that is going to work out for Ozzy, Dawn, Whitney & Jim

Appears Maxx is suggesting the demise of Savaii...

Krautboy

"RE: Spoiling the Spoilers"
Posted by kiki_k on 10-28-11 at 04:42 PM
Just FYI -- Maxx has said he knows the F5 & the F3, so he does know what happens long term even if he only gets each episode's specific boots week by week.

Posted by Belle Book on 10-28-11 at 07:26 PM
So much for everyone's assumption that things would work out for Savaii, including mine (although that was because I went along with the flow and not because I really wanted it to work)! And no, I don't have to be a mathematician to see how that would work out for Dawn, Jim, Ozzy & Whitney -- I know that it's bad!

"Maxx: clue or opinion?"
Posted by OllieKat on 10-29-11 at 00:03 AM
I wanted to throw something out there that Maxx said in his "cryptogram" spoiler for ep 5:

"I WONDER IF THERE HAS BEEN A PATTERN THIS SEASON THAT WE CAN LOOK BACK ON AND FIGURE OUT THE VICTOR. I'M STUMPED AND I KNOW YOU ARE TOO SO I'LL JUST COME RIGHT OUT AND TELL YOU, UPOLU WINS IMMUNITY. SERIOUSLY, IS THIS SEASON BEING WRITTEN? I WONDER WHO THAT WRITER IS SENDING HOME"

Do you think the part about there being a pattern (that could lead us to figure out who wins) is one of his opinions or is it a clue that might mean Savaii actually finds a way not to get pagonged after the 'roach flips in ep 8?

Posted by kiki_k on 10-29-11 at 00:23 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-11 AT 00:28 AM (EST)

IMO, you are overstating the case by saying we assumed "everything works out for Savaii." I believe what we were saying (or at least what I said) was Ozzy's move works out in that he does defeat Christine in the duel & John gives him back the HII. Maxx has confirmed all that happens. The only ones doubting Ozzy's plan were saying Christine would win and/or John would not give back Ozzy's HII. Ozzy's plan DID work for Savaii.

However, NO ONE thought John would be stupid enough to go from a guaranteed F3 spot with Savaii just to buy himself 3 more days because he is emotionally & physically incapable of even playing his one role of "double agent" properly &, hence, incapable of risking a tie vote. He'd rather throw all 5 Savaii votes away & scr@w the 5 tribe members who saved him. Student of the game? My foot. This betrayal after his entire tribe decided to go ahead with Ozzy's crazy plan to save his @ss (because he was going to exit the jury at the hands of a middle age woman!) AND that plan actually PANS OUT? No, not even I expected that from this little rat.

Although honestly, given the fact that he has shown himself to be a totally inept, petty, sexist tool, we should have seen that coming. I've been saying from the start that this kid isn't playing to win. Heck, he said it himself Day 1 when he demanded to be called Cochran -- he wants to be "known." That's it - worse DAW in Survivor history. All we've heard from his what he can't do -- can't go in the water, can't go in the sun, can't dive off a cliff, can't go to RI & win against a middle aged woman, can't take even the slightest risk whatsoever. Now we know he can't be loyal & he can't win Survivor.

But yeah, we'll remember him -- biggest TRAITOR in Survivor history. Sadly, he'll be happy with that.

Posted by parathor on 10-31-11 at 11:56 AM
You've put into words everything that I'm feeling. Cochran is a terrible student. He had a chance to be the hero! Now he's totally a villain!? What is up with that?? No one wants to be seen as the villain. Didn't he say the same thing?

He might win the season, but he'll be a paper tiger. He's no hero... and if they invite him back for All Stars 3, then that'd be a shame.

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-29-11 at 07:11 AM
GREAT post, Krautboy! Thanks for spelling it out for us! You are amazing as always! So, here is what seems to be ahead for us...

Coach will betray and cut the women before the men on his tribe. Coach, Brandon, Albert and Rick will outlast Sophie and Edna. The question is, will Cochran outlast the women?

Rick will be blindsided...

Who is getting the airtime...they go deep into the game....I'd say: Ozzy, Cochran, Coach, and Brandon....could they be our final 4?

Ozzy, Dawn, Whitney, and Jim will be pagonged. Will it be in that order?

Thanks so much, Krautboy! You were right on with the spec that alot could go wrong! The only thing that gives me hope are Jiffy's comments when he was asked if he liked Ozzy's move....he answered, "I liked it, it was a move made by someone who is playing to win." We all know that Jiffy tells us everything! Fingers crossed!

Posted by Belle Book on 10-29-11 at 12:38 PM
Ozzy's move might have been made by someone who is playing to win and thus would give Ozzy fans hope, but let's face it -- he has only two shots at winning the game:

1. He's got to find the next Hidden Immunity Idol and I sure hope that Edna finds it before he does!

2. He's got to win the remaining Immunity Challenges if he doesn't find it!

Sure he won a lot of Immunity Challenges in Cook Islands but he was rarely in danger once the Aitu-4 took charge and many of the challenges were suited for him. I doubt the same thing will happen here. Besides, you know that Jeff likes Ozzy!

Posted by Brownroach on 10-29-11 at 06:33 PM
Don't forget there will be another returnee from RI at Final 5. If Ozzy gets voted out early post-merge and if they do it the same way as last time, he won't have to win the multiple-person "duels", just not lose them.

(Though I seem to think maybe Jeff said they were changing that? Anyone remember? )

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-29-11 at 06:41 PM

(Though I seem to think maybe Jeff said they were changing that? Anyone remember? )

Indeed he did, Brownroach. No more multiple duels unless there is a double boot of course, but he did say it will be down to the winner each time.

Regarding Ozzy having to win each and every immunity or duel...let's face it. That was always his real shot at winning. He has to win, win, win.....If he goes to RI, he has to win there as well, just to make it to the F5, and from there, I'd bet that he still has to win every single time. The moment he doesn't win, he's toast....fwiw.

Posted by Belle Book on 10-29-11 at 06:55 PM
You're right there -- he's got to win every Redemption Island duel from the time he gets there till the Final 5 and win the last two Immunities! I hate to say it and dampen the spirits of all the Ozzy fans, but those seem like very long odds to me!

Posted by Krautboy on 10-29-11 at 05:46 PM
>>Coach will betray and cut the
>women before the men
on
>his tribe. Coach, Brandon, Albert
>and Rick will outlast Sophie
>and Edna.

Yes , that's how I see it too.

The question is,
>will Cochran outlast the women?

I'm not so sure about this...The Upolu tribe prayed together and appear to be well on their way to the end game. I thing Coach and Brandon will cut Cochran loose in the name of honor and integrity and loyalty to Upolu...that appears to be the msin theme.

>Rick will be blindsided...
I think Maxx's comment about Rick was not intended to be a spoiler (as he explained) but a general comment about how invisible Rick has been. Just an indirect comment saying that Rick will probably do better than we might espect from what we'vr seen so far.

I'm still thinkiing that Rick and Albert are the dogs that didn't bark...invisible pre-merge, with there stories building from now until the finale.

>
>Who is getting the airtime...they go
>deep into the game
....I'd say:
>Ozzy, Cochran, Coach, and Brandon....could
>they be our final 4?

Agreed that they go far, but I don't think the Upolu would let them both hang around until the end.

>Ozzy, Dawn, Whitney, and Jim will
>be pagonged. Will it be
>in that order?

Upolu will go for Keith first, so there strategy will probably be to get rid of likely challenge threats first...Keith Ozzy and Jim...then the weaker players.

Upolu would probaly keep Cochran around as long as they can, because they know a Savaii dominated Jury that was betrayed by Cochran, would never vote for him to get the million.

>Thanks so much, Krautboy! You
>were right on with the
>spec that alot could go
>wrong
! The only thing that
>gives me hope are Jiffy's
>comments when he was asked
>if he liked Ozzy's move....he
>answered, "I liked it, it
>was a move made by
>someone who is playing to
>win." We all know
>that Jiffy tells us everything!
> Fingers crossed!

Agreed, Jiffy is hoping Ozzy wins Fan Favorite.

Krautboy

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-29-11 at 07:23 PM
The question is,
>will Cochran outlast the women?

I'm not so sure about this...The Upolu tribe prayed together and appear to be well on their way to the end game. I thing Coach and Brandon will cut Cochran loose in the name of honor and integrity and loyalty to Upolu...that appears to be the msin theme.

But, what if they make a pact. What if they shake his hand and give him their word? Brandon is not likely to turn on that. And, with Brandon there to keep Coach in line, he may be forced to honor his word as well.....I will be very eager to see if there is a promise that is offered to Cochroach....

Regarding Ozzy and fan favorite....he had me last week....

Posted by Brownroach on 10-30-11 at 11:12 AM
LilHantz is not likely to be happy with a scenario that puts Cochran ahead of anyone in the Upolu 6. I don't think he would be party to such a pact. Coach might -- out of hearing range of everyone else.

Posted by Round Robin on 10-31-11 at 09:49 AM
TaliHantz might not like it, but there ain't much he can do about it. If he doesn't like it he can either quit or have Coach tell him not to let the door hit him in the a$$ on the way out. I think Coach is gonna do what he damn well pleases, and I don't think it'll take much provocation after the merge for Coach to tell his allies to vote TaliHantz out, especially if the old Upolus are up in numbers by then.

Posted by parathor on 10-31-11 at 12:03 PM
Coach has gotten his way 100% this season. No one has successfully challenged him. I don't see that changing now. He has his onion-core of supporters (Edna & Brandon, Sophie & Albert, Rick & C?), which is exactly what winners do.

Coach is clearly a villain, and his "fall" has been telegraphed early and often, but objectively he's sitting pretty.

Posted by Krautboy on 10-31-11 at 12:55 PM
>Coach has gotten his way 100%
>this season. No one has
>successfully challenged him. I don't
>see that changing now...

...Coach is clearly a villain, and
>his "fall" has been telegraphed
>early and often, but objectively
>he's sitting pretty.

Agreed Parathor, I don't see anything stopping him from getting to the end, but once he gets there the jury will make him pay the price and probably give the million to one of the two he brings with him.

It will be ironic when Coach suffers the same fate as Russell, both villains who knew how to get to the end, but unable to manage the jury...

Krautboy

Posted by kiki_k on 10-29-11 at 08:27 PM
FWIW-- Maxx just posted the following regarding the Ozzy, Whitney, Dawn, Jim line from his article:

I was speaking from the perspective of this specific episode. What anyone would think or assume at the conclusion of episode 8. The Savaii names I listed are not a hint of who goes home or in what order they leave. When I kept calling Christine "Matt" I was talking about how well she had done at Redemption Island up to that point, I was not hinting at her coming back from RI. It's the same thing with what I said about Savaii

Posted by Belle Book on 10-30-11 at 04:25 PM
True, but the odds aren't that good for Ozzy or for Jim either once Cochran flips. The only chance Ozzy has to win is to win every duel he's in while he's on Redemption Island and to win every Immunity Challenge he can compete in until the Final 3.

Posted by Flowerpower on 10-31-11 at 07:39 PM
The only chance Ozzy has to win is to win every duel he's in while he's on Redemption Island and to win every Immunity Challenge he can compete in until the Final 3.

Really, Belle, this was always Ozzy's only option. Everyone will gun for him the minute he doens't win immunity. And, from that point on, he must win every duel....I think he's well aware of his mission, and I might add, capable!

Posted by Belle Book on 10-31-11 at 08:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-11 AT 08:39 PM (EST)

You're right there -- that was his only option! He's certainly capable enough to beat most of those who are up against him (with the possible exception of Keith), but even if he beats everyone and gets back into the Final 5, I doubt he's going to win both of the last Immunity Challenges!

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 10-31-11 at 09:07 PM
I think we should keep this possibility in mind in trying to figure out who might still be there at the F4 with the potential for Ozzy to make it back into the game as the fifth person if he goes to RI ... they might consider the need for a strong athletic type to remain in the game to take on Ozzy and increase the chances of getting him out of the game. An Albert or a Keith, perhaps. If Coach is still there in the game, think he'll push to have as many athletic types around to make sure Ozzy gets knocked out rather than to keep non-athletic types around (Sophie, Edna, Dawn, Cochran, etc.)?

Posted by dabo on 10-31-11 at 10:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-31-11 AT 10:50 PM (EST)

However things work out, there's always the HII factor as well. There are currently two of them in the game, and if one gets played chances are production would leave it at only one, that one would be eliminated. If the second gets played (whenever) it would almost certainly be recycled back into the game, up to the point where HIIs can no longer be played. Or it can go to RI and not be recycled until the holder loses a duel, or get back in the game with whoever returns from RI

If the HII is still good at the 2nd F5 whoever has control of it is guaranteed F4. If that person also wins II he/she can use the HII to guarantee another player F4, provided they work as a pair from that point onward and try to get them both to F3.

Whoever the four are who got there without going to RI, one of them is necessarilly on the outskirts of the F3 plan and would need protection to get to or past F4.

Posted by SereSurvivor on 11-01-11 at 04:42 PM
Just rewatched the ending and it was very obvious that Ozzy is the heroic figure and Cochran the evil "slithering" snake like villain of this almost Shakespearian tale. Then again after another viewing Cochran could be some sort of amoral Hobbit. If he returns, Ozzy would be viewed as invinceable almost mythic by all the other players and he would have the idol. What would Cochran do then? After merge Ozzie could join two other strong single immunity types to form an alliance against the others? This could get him to the F4 or F3. Just trying to think of a way he could win Survivor and make jeff the happiest man alive.........(still it does feel like this will be his demise this week, Christine has the best plan, Luck!)

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-01-11 at 08:57 PM
From what I see at Sucks today ...

Survivor's Unite has given us Coach, Albert, Sophie as the F3. He has hinted strongly that Coach doesn't win.

Others who appear to know things have come forward that Brandon melts down and wants to quit, can barely wait to be voted out, probably at F5. Something about CBS considering turning it into fake med-evac so he wouldn't be a quitter, but didn't.

Someone has said that Cochran is not the last Savai'i standing. ( I would vote for Dawn, the Holly of this season.)

Someone said that Cochran will flipflop at least once more and maybe beyond that -- I guess until someone plants their foot on the squirmy little pasty bug.

Someone else said that Coach came home happy and thoroughly enjoyed being in the F3 and the final TC. (Which would mean he didn't get trashed?)

There is a strong hint that Sophie wins.

I can believe this F3, as we were shown it when Coach found the idol. They all worked together and then Sophie had a confessional about how great this was. This F3 is the core alliance. Edna is #6, and perhaps Coach does no more in the way of dirty than to let her go in her allotted position, rather than teaming up with her to change things up.

It's hard to see why Sophie would win, as her game play so far doesn't have people buzzing, and there are only Dawn, Whitney, and Edna on the jury. Well, maybe that is it ... the F3 is two men and one woman, and if she gets the three women to vote for her, she only needs one more. So Coach and Albert only need to royally alienate one guy ... Cochran ... or maybe Jim appreciates Sophie's smart play. Or Brandon is really mad at the two guys ... or the vote is not 4-3 and the third person gets a couple votes, in which case Sophie only needs three votes.

I think the most likely to return from RI are either Ozzy or Dawn. If it's Ozzy, we'll have another season with the returnee voted right back out or at best, the next time after.

Posted by dabo on 11-02-11 at 10:36 AM
Well, Coach will have played his best game yet if he just gets to Final, and with his selected unit. His BS could become very annoying for those who have to live with it in camp, and of course the jury doesn't like it when you try to sell them a load. The combination of Coach and Brandon in camp with their Christian Warrior supremity, I think we can expect a lot of over the top for the next four weeks or so.

Oh boy!

Posted by Brownroach on 11-02-11 at 11:47 AM
If Sophie wins, she may be getting a Vecepia edit: no focus on her because the editors (Probst) wanted to make the main story revolve around Ozzy and Coach, plus Cochran and Brandon as the loose cannons that added interesting twists (in their minds anyway).

But Sophie did get one of the pre-show promos highlighting a single contestant. I only saw one for her and one for Whitney -- I don't know if anyone else got one. I posted about it here. The voiceover said "Sophie is calling the shots..." and also "one of the smartest women is one of the most athletic." It's odd that we've seen so little of her after that pre-show teaser (and of Whitney too for that matter).

Maybe that promo was a sneaky hint that Sophie takes home the prize?

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-02-11 at 01:59 PM
It's been telling to me that Sophie has always been there when strategy is being discussed in camp and she's the one we heard from when the Upolus had their prayer session, talking about how she had to focus on the game and all that.

I believe that Sophie is the winner as well - in my post-Episode 1 pool pick at work, Sophie was my choice.

Posted by Belle Book on 11-02-11 at 12:30 PM
Perhaps Sophie has really been calling the shots of the alliance of her, Coach & Albert and perhaps (unlike poor Stephen from Tocantins) she is able to convince the others that she was the puppeteer behind-the-scenes.

And I can believe Albert, Coach and Sophie are the Final 3 too. They seem to be the core alliance.

Posted by KObrien_fan on 11-02-11 at 05:09 PM
Well heck, the week by week spoilers were one thing, we could still come here and try to spoil the episode before it was revealed. Now that the season has been spoiled, I'm done here for the rest of the season. It was fun while it lasted.

After reading this news I went back and re-watched episode 1, and yes, Sophie was highlighted at key moments, including she was the first person that the camera focused on when Jeff said "one survivor".

I'd expect her to get more face time after the merge. I don't see how her story ties to "I need redemption" or overcoming a rough start, but whatever. What little I've seen of her I have been impressed with and will be happy with a Sophie win.

I am also looking forward to seeing Cochran flip back and forth between the two tribes until he gets caught. It will be fun to see him in a duel at RI against Ozzy and to see Ozzy say goodbye.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-02-11 at 07:04 PM
btw, I'm not sure if everyone here knows how Sucks spoilers forum works now. Sucks used to be the place where any wild made up spoiler had a home. No longer.

Anti is reigning with iron first. Any spoiler there has to privately prove his credentials for having real info with Anti. If not, the topic gets locked. If a topic does not get locked, that means Anti finds it has sufficient credibility.

Sophie had an excellent start in Ep 1, which is what matters to me. With some winners, especially those that don't overtly step up in the game, they intro them in Ep 1 and then let them be minor characters until they begin to play in earnest.

Even though Fabio was visible as the court ;jester, his gameplay got very little focus until he realized he was in danger. Bob in Gabon reappeared to the viewers when he was in danger. So far, Sophie has never been in any kind of vulnerable position. None.

EPM and Jeff prefer to show males as the ones who are running the show. They are very biased that way. In Guatemala, they focused on Gary Hogeboom and not Danni. Danni got face time around the point where it was her turn to get booted and she played her way out of it. Even then they edited out some of her strategic play.

In sum: in a season where the guys running the show are NOT getting a winner's edit, there is probably a female player in the wings who is there and playing a good game, but not getting highlighted,

If Albert were going to win, he would have been highlighted in Ep 1, I have no doubt of that.

"Sourced Spoiler Summary "
Posted by Krautboy on 11-02-11 at 05:05 PM
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-11 AT 04:04 PM (EST)

The following is an extrapolation of the sourced spoilers currently being discussed and an attempt at organizing them...

After reading over at SSucks it’s apparent there are several posters with reliable sourced information. Maxx Fisher, Survivorsunite, iVrdo210 and EC101. After reading their posts and pulling the clues together with a little logic and speculation, here’s what the rest of the season might look like plugged into TDT’s calendar.

From Maxx we know Upolu comes out on top in numbers after the merge TC and vote out Keith, then proceed to Pagong from there.
EP8: Ozzy wins the duel and returns to the game when the tribes Merge, Keith sent to Redemption Island

EC101 seems adamant about two triple duels, which require two double boots. He also tell us that Ozzy, Whitney and Keith do NOT compete in the same triple-duel.
Since Upolu chose to vote off Keith first, it makes sense that they would continue to vote off the challenge threats next.
EP9: Double TC, Ozzy and Jim to Redemption Island

EP10: Triple Duel, Ozzy wins, Jim and Keith first two jurors
Then EP10 would have a second double TC with two more
players (probably Savaii) getting voted out.
EP10: Double TC, Whitney and Dawn sent to Redemption Island.

The EP11 duel will be the second 3-way duel with the winner sending two
more to the jury. Ozzy should be able to defeat Whitney and Dawn.
EP11: Triple Duel, Ozzy wins, Whitney and Dawn join the jury, (now four bitter Savaii).

SU tells us that lbert Sophie and Rick “go far” with Coach, which he defines as F6 or better, and since we know the F3 and that Brandon is still around at the Family visit, Cochran will probably be the last Savaii to be Pagonged.
EP11: TC, Cochrane sent to Redemption Island to face a betrayed Savaii tribemate...

Maxx hinted that Coach betrays Edna when he chooses “Bros before Hos”, which given that we know the F3, means Coach chooses Brandon and Rick over Edna. EP12, Ep13 and EP14 would go back to one-on-one duels.

EP12: Duel, Ozzy crushes Cochrane and sends him to the jury, now 5 Savaii and zero Upolu. Family visit and TC where the first Upolu goes to Redemption. It's not likely that Edna would win Individual Immunity, so she would probably be the first Upolu to go, based on Maxx’s suggestion of Coach's betrayal of her. Edna goes to Redemption Island.

By process of elimination Rick and Brandon are the last Upolu before the F5.
SU tell us "We do know now that Coach is in the finals. That Whitney and Keith are dating. That Brandon makes the family visit and goes F6 or 5 after basically quitting (although chances are we won't see it happen that way). Brandon is not in the F3. No one from Savii make F3." (The "F6 or 5" spoiler from SU is probably vague because Brandon gets voted out at F5, but finishes F6, after Ozzy beats him to return to the game)
EP13: Duel, Ozzy defeats Edna, and Brandon has his F5 meltdown and he is voted out at TC.

SU and iVrdo210 both confirmed that Brandon goes out just before the finale, after something causes Brandon to have a meltdown and want to quit. The producers consider staging a Medivac, but Brandon sticks it out to TC where he is voted out. Danni at SSkills had spoiled this early on as well. They have also confirmed the F3with each other.

SU tells us that Ozzy goes deep into the game. With the Savaii being Pagonged and Ozzy the automatic target as soon as he loses immunity, the most likely way for that to happen is if he returns from Redemption at F5

EP14: Final Duel: Ozzy defeats Brandon and returns to the game, F5: As SU told us, "Rick, Albert and Sophie go deep into the game with Coach, but as Maxx hinted, "Rick gets blind-sided" at TC and is voted out at the F5 TC. Ozzy's Immunity and Challenge run apparently comes to an end at F4 and is voted out at F4 TC, leaving Coach, Albert and Sophie as the F3.

iVrdo210 has told us that Brandon does not vote for Coach and has hinted that Sophie will soon start to get a winner’s edit.
Final TC: Sophie wins

Krautboy

"RE: Sourced Spoiler Summary "
Posted by Belle Book on 11-02-11 at 05:15 PM
Well, I wish that Edna went further than Final 6 and that Coach chose her over Rick but given that she seems to have been 6th out of 6 at Upolu, I think she's the only one who is betrayed.

I'd be happy if either Albert or Sophie wins -- as long as it isn't Coach who wins, I'd be delighted! But I'd prefer Sophie by a slim margin to Albert.

Posted by Brownroach on 11-02-11 at 05:46 PM
I wonder if Coach would get any votes. It could be very close between Sophie and Albert (5-4), or close between the three of them (4-3-2). I still can't believe there's yet to be a tie, when there were plenty of occasions where it was possible.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-02-11 at 06:49 PM
The jurors talk out the numbers at Ponderosa, so they know how to avoid a tie. I wish they wouldn't let them do that. It's like Big Brother now.

Posted by Round Robin on 11-03-11 at 02:58 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-03-11 AT 02:59 AM (EST)

It's probably pretty difficult to prevent jurors from discussing their votes at Ponderosa without hovering around them 24/7, which I'm sure would pi$$ them off if they tried it, so that's probably why they don't do it anymore. They probably had a jury one time tell them to back the f--- off or we're going home and you'll have no jury, so they probably had to leave them alone.

Posted by Belle Book on 11-02-11 at 07:12 PM
I doubt that Coach will get many votes -- if any. Neither Edna nor Rick would have any reason to vote for Coach after he sends them packing, we already know Brandon's not going to vote for Coach, and Coach is irritating enough that I can't imagine that many Savaii voting for him. Maybe Cochran, but that's it.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-03-11 at 06:34 AM

>iVrdo210 has told us ... has hinted that Sophie
>will soon start to get a winner’s edit.

I'd say it's starting already... from the previews for next episode:

Sophie: Albert's thinking a lot right now, about switching up in the game and I think those are important things to think about.

We're hearing this from Sophie instead of directly from Albert.

"More errors re tonight"
Posted by Brownroach on 11-03-11 at 01:06 AM
Most significantly that there would not be a tie vote, which Max upheld in the comments, and then had to admit he got some things "muddled."

So it seems that while Maxx's boot info may be reliable (at least so far) all else must be viewed skeptically.

"RE: More errors re tonight"
Posted by dabo on 11-03-11 at 10:43 AM
Agree. Ignore the MaxxFactors! It was one thing when they were obscure references to Edna or Rick, but this bozo couldn't deliver solid vote information this time and resorted to embellishment rather than admit up front he just didn't know.

"RE: More errors re tonight"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-03-11 at 06:51 PM
Agree, that was a stumble on the magnitude of blackwhale saying Parvati won immunity at the merge in HvV. Let's see how he handles it. (I haven't checked Sucks for any backlash yet.)

"Ep 9 info posted"
Posted by Brownroach on 11-06-11 at 08:47 AM
And it's hardly surprising.

"RE: Ep 9 info posted"
Posted by Belle Book on 11-06-11 at 05:08 PM
I just saw it and yeah, it's unsurprising at all. In fact, it's pretty much what I predicted would occur.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-06-11 at 06:27 PM
Yes. I hoped Whitney would go, because she hasn't been developed anyway. Jim and Ozzy both brought a lot to the game dynamic; now it shifts to Upoluboring.

So this is equivalent in episode postition to the Mike and David boots last season, and Maxx says 2 Tribal Councils, which would make it similar, if he is right.

I was going to post more on the teaser, but I think I can put it in the episode topic.

Posted by Modesty on 11-06-11 at 08:13 PM
I'm a little disappointed by the predictability of this episode too. There's a ray of light though. Someone at Sucks asked Maxx if the "Wildest season ever" was all over now that the merge has happened (as it would appear). Maxx did actually reply and he said "It's not over."

I guess there's some hope of more future chaos.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-06-11 at 09:35 PM
I saw that too, Modesty, and it gave me hope as well.

Great to see you posting at Blows, btw. We don't have too many crossover MESS and Sucks posters.

Oh and thank you for spoiling
The Hammock of Doom

darn it the hammock portent leads us astray this week ...

Posted by Modesty on 11-07-11 at 00:22 AM
I know I know!

Who are we supposed to believe? Maxx or the Hammock? Neither have lied to us before.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-06-11 at 10:01 PM
That makes me believe that Cochran and Dawn might be successful in exposing a crack in the Upolu tribe to boot one of their own before completing the Pagonging. Either that or a RI returnee turns the game upside down.

"EP10 Duels"
Posted by Krautboy on 11-06-11 at 10:44 PM
iVrdo210 (one of this seasons spoilers with sourced information) has confirmed that the EP10 Duels will be two back-to-back duels...with the losers of the duels going to the jury.

So, Jeff did tell us the truth when he said no multi-person duels.

Since we know Ozzy is out this week and there are spoilers (Survivorsunite) that he "goes deep into the game", we can conclude that Ozzy will be victorious.

Krautboy

"RE: EP10 Duels"
Posted by dabo on 11-06-11 at 11:38 PM
TY, KB, OFG and all others. This really clarifies how things should be on the Voting Threads this week and next. Now to figure out when the next double-boot will be (though I expect CBS to telegraph that again).

Happy Happy!

Posted by Krautboy on 11-07-11 at 00:42 AM
With the family visit probably at EP12 and the schedule busy from there on to the end, it's likely that it will happen sooner rather than later...with a double boot this week and double duels in EP10, there's a good chance we have another double boot it EP10, with another pair of duels to start EP11.

See speculation and supporting spoilers here:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7726.shtml#99

Krautboy

Posted by Modesty on 11-07-11 at 00:26 AM
I'm pretty sure that the SU spoiler was a true/false. That one about Ozzy going deep was a 'false' from memory.

SU was an accurate spoiler during HvV but he had bad information fed to him last season by his source. he's given us no real short term spoilers to test his sourc against yet this season, but he believes they're solid.

iVrdo210 has no spoiler credentials - I believe this is his first occasion to have a 'source'.

I'm just going to stick with Maxx for now. (and the Hammock!)

Posted by Krautboy on 11-07-11 at 00:39 AM
Yes, the SU spoiler was a true/false, but reading between the lines, the twist was that they are all true...from what I can tell. SU never came out and said which were true and which were false, that was left up to us to surmise.

iVrdo210, volunteered his supporting information and basically confirmed that SU knew what he was talking about.

Krautboy

"There, all done!"
Posted by Georjanna on 11-07-11 at 04:45 AM
I just stopped by to perform routine maintenance on my most successful thread.

Please, do carry on ...

"Ep. 10"
Posted by Gothmog on 11-12-11 at 08:19 AM
is up here.

"RE: Ep. 10"
Posted by Belle Book on 11-12-11 at 10:35 AM
Almost exactly as I thought, although I had Whitney going home before Dawn, not the other way around.

Posted by Krautboy on 11-12-11 at 01:05 PM
The Sourced Spoilers of Maxx, SurvivorsUnite, iVrdo210, EC101 and Danni @ SSkills appear to all still be in play...
See speculation and supporting spoilers here:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7726.shtml#99

Krautboy

Posted by KObrien_fan on 11-12-11 at 01:18 PM
Except that I think Edna goes before Cochran. Maxx said earlier that Coach betrays Edna. She has been 6th in that alliance all along. For her to be betrayed by Coach, it would mean that he keeps Cochran over her. It could also be why Coach loses. His betraying Edna and keeping Cochran would ruin his chances of getting Savaii and Edna's final vote.

Posted by Belle Book on 11-12-11 at 01:21 PM
Unless Coach convinced her that he'd get rid of Albert & Sophie, or Rick, before her. If he got rid of Edna before any one of those three, then she'd have reason to feel betrayed too.

Posted by Brownroach on 11-17-11 at 06:11 PM
But does Edna know she's sixth? What I think is that probably Coach at some point promised her a spot higher up, just as he did with Cochran. You don't promise someone sixth place.

So if she is booted in her (unknown-to-her) allotted sixth place slot she might see it as a betrayal.

"Episode 12"
Posted by Modesty on 11-18-11 at 07:54 PM
Maxx is taking a balanced approach to releasing info over the recap. Half now, with the boot portion next Wednesday. He's made no attempt to spoil the recap

http://www.tvfunspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13818

"RE: Episode 12"
Posted by Belle Book on 11-18-11 at 08:46 PM
No surprise that Ozzy's going to mop the floor with Whitney or even Dawn. Disappointing in Dawn's case but not surprising.

"Cochran out ..."
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-23-11 at 04:39 AM
http://tvfunspot.com/forums/showpost.php?p=281361&postcount=15

Not sorry, and how fun will the Ep 12 duel be ...
but man, the Upolu can't even pull off an Edna betrayal to spice up the Pagonging.

This is, so far, an Onion alliance that is going as planned, one outer layer after another, or one bottom rung after another if you prefer.

It looks like Edna after Cochran ...
then the question is, Rick or Brandon as the first Stargazer to go?
I'm thinking Rick.

It sounds from various spoiler hints like Brandon doesn't go to RI. Like he is there at F5 and then implodes. Which would give Ozzy a ticket to F4 but the implosion may come after Ozzy wins IC), assuming that he can beat Cochran, Edna, Rick. Do ya think?

Coach has to play his idol at F5, probably not needed.
Then it's like Samoa with Brett at the last challenge, who will knock out Ozzy? (If anyone.)

Just spec ... I know nothing except that Brandon is supposedly one of the two F5s.

"RE: Cochran out ..."
Posted by CTgirl on 11-23-11 at 09:39 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-23-11 AT 09:40 AM (EST)

I agree OFG. I am thinking that Ozzy must win immunity the first time he's back - didn't Jeff or some spoiler say that the game is exciting all the way to the end (or maybe they said it was a good season all the way to the end)? It's been pretty predictable so far with more status quo to come. Only Ozzy is left to spice things up (with a side of Brandon to help).

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-23-11 at 06:42 PM
CT -- I hope you are right!
I don't know of such a quote from Jeff. He hasn't said much about this season. Maxx said something about the interesting goings on were still to come, but then he told someone not to infer that meant an exciting finish in terms of gameplay or outcome. I don't know where that exact quote is among all the Sucks verbiage.

There may well be encouraging quotes, and I'd love to see them. It sure is looking like a predictable march to the end.

Someone observed that this season may not have played out too well in that it was quite predictable after the merge, leading to the scrapping of RI (or so I hope) and a whole new format for S24. We'll soon know.

Posted by Brownroach on 11-23-11 at 07:11 PM
CTgirl, are you thinking of Maxx saying it would be a "wild ride"? I don't think he said "to the end" although it did sort of imply that. But I'm not really envisioning much of interest happening from this point on.

Posted by Georjanna on 11-23-11 at 09:07 PM
In Maxx's Episode Nine thread at SSucks, he wrote:

This ...

Battlekid wrote:

Maxx, without giving specifics of course, Is the "wild" part of this season pretty much over, or are there still a few surprises around the corner?

And that doesn't necessarily have to mean boots.

Maxx: Not over yet

And this ...

Maxx: Regarding "wild season".

Having the spoilers, I have no investment in any of the players this year. When I talk about the season being wild and the wildness not being over, I am talking about good TV. I am not referring to specific players or tribes. I just mean that there is going to be good, wild television. At least from the info I have I think it will be. I'm not an editor or a producer, so what I think is going to be great, could get turned into a mild nothing.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-23-11 at 09:37 PM
That is exactly the exchange I tried to paraphrase, Georgianna, thanks so much!

I just hope it refers to more than Hantz going back into psycho mode.

Re Hantz -- I think it is fairly well spoiled that he has Uncle Russell coming for family visit, which should be at F6 (in camp F6) -- but I can't say I think that is exciting.

If the high point of this season is to see the troll do a brief appearance, after which his nephew decides he is free to quit because he has done what was expected of him and provided a means for HOC to come back, god help Survivor 23.

Posted by tribephyl on 11-23-11 at 07:24 PM
From Maxx: I leave you with, my dirty, dirty liars, this season is going to be a wild ride. There are some…things that are going to happen this season that are going to either blow your mind, or make you punch a baby. I’m fine with either. But it’s going to be a wild ride. Check back each week for the skinny, I promise, no white lies.

No telling when the wild ride ends. But he seems to suggest it will continue.
My personal thought is that Brandon's exit will suffice as end-game wildness. That and possibly Ozzy returning. (although I still think it will be Rick that actually returns. Camera focused on both Ozzy and Rick when JP was talking about RI in the premiere ep. Ozzy already got his return.)

Posted by CTgirl on 11-23-11 at 10:08 PM
Bummer - I guess I was hoping for more than may actually happen.

Thanks everyone for bringing Maxx's quotes over - that is what I was remembering! Finger's crossed it's more than Russhell showing up!! I'll still hope that Ozzy shakes things up for an episode!

Posted by Belle Book on 11-23-11 at 12:11 PM
I'd agree. I'm sure Ozzy can beat Cochran and Edna (in terms of challenges, anybody left can beat those two), but Rick is more of a toss-up. Still, I think Ozzy will beat Rick, be in the second Final 5 and win the penultimate Immunity Challenge. And this is assuming that Rick is the last one to go to Redemption Island and face Ozzy, and I think he is as well.

However, when it comes to the Final 4, I think Sophie will win the final Immunity Challenge. If it's a balance/endurance competition, she is the most likely Upolu to beat Ozzy. That leaves Ozzy as the last juror and an all-Upolu Final 3.

"SurvivorsUnite Summary"
Posted by Krautboy on 11-27-11 at 07:32 PM
Besides Maxx, SurvivorsUnite has been the other major "sourced spoiler" this season. To review let's first look at the two most important posts made by SurvivorsUnite over at SSucks:

Happy Halloween Weekend! I'm bored and have not been around these parts in a while, so much to read (not sure how much is known). How are all my fellow Sucksters?

Hmm...True or False?

1) Ozzy goes deep into the game?
2) Brandon goes at F6?
3) Coach does make Finals?
4) Albert, Sophie, Rick all go far with Coach?
5) Ozzy, just like Matt returns to RI a 2nd time?

I won't be around the the whole season but will pop in every now and again. My understanding is no one has a good grip on fact currently, so here are a few things for those interested and want to have a clue in to the future.

We do know now that Coach is in the finals. That Whitney and Keith are dating. That Brandon makes the family visit and goes F6 or 5 after basically quitting (although chances are we won't see it happen that way). Brandon is not in the F3. No one from Savii make F3.

When SU first posted his True or False question, it was unclear if they were true or false. Later, however, he posted his follow-up thread from which we could infer that the answer was "True". While this interpretation can and will be argued, it is consistent with all the other spoilers from Maxx, Danni and others...

First he tells us "Ozzy, just like Matt returns to RI a second time." At first glance this seems to contradict his other statement..."Ozzy, goes deep into the game". However, we can conclude that in order for both to be true, Ozzy must return to the game at F5 as the returnee from RI.

He also tells us that Coach is in the F3, that the final three are all Upolu and that Brandon and Edna are not there with him because he states "Albert, Sophie, Rick all go far with Coach". Since he basically told us Ozzy returns at F5, and that Brandon and Edna are not part of the F5, we can conclude that Rick, Sophie, Albert and Rick are somewhere in the F5.

SU also tells us that Brandon goes at F6, but later says he "makes the family visit and goes F6 or 5." Why the change in his spoiler to include the F5?

We can conclude that this spoiler is probably ambiguous...if Brandon goes out at F5, but then Ozzy returns to the game, he in turn bumps Brandon to a sixth place (F6) finish...Brandon goes to Redemption Island at F5, but finishes the game at F6, because he's not the one to return.

The twist in SU's spoiler was that the answer to all 5 of his early questions was "True", many of which he confirmed later when he started his thread at SSuck...all the other spoilers to date have confirmed that assumption.

Krautboy

"RE: SurvivorsUnite Summary"
Posted by Modesty on 11-27-11 at 07:53 PM
"The twist in SU's spoiler was that the answer to all 5 of his early questions was "True", many of which he confirmed later when he started his thread at SSuck...all the other spoilers to date have confirmed that assumption. "

I think you've misinterpreted that part of the spoiler. He in fact confirmed that items 1 and 4 were false. The remaining three items were true.

I choose not to believe SU's spoilers this time around. There's some reasons why:

1. He said Ozzy is out before F6 - this is looking less and less likely.
2. He has only ever spoiled one season and that was HvV because he is friends with Sandra. His spoilers for last season were incorrect (as were Missyae's who only ever had Russell as a source.)
3. The person who guessed that 1 and 4 were false and was told he was correct by SU was iVrDo. This guy has subsequently been banned at Sucks.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't believe him but you should use a good amount of skepticism when considering his spoilers.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-28-11 at 01:48 AM
Modesty,
Somehow I missed your post when I replied. I think I started my reply when Krautboy's was the only new post, and then let it sit for a while. Thanks to FloPo drawing attention to it, I now see it.

Question:
>>> 1. He said Ozzy is out before F6 - this is looking less and less likely.
Is this from some other posts? I don't see it in Krautboy's list. I agree it is not likely at all.

I am in agreement with you about SU's track record. Although I imagine it is not a bad thing to be friends with Sandra in terms of collecting Survivor gossip. (btw, it is not true that Russell was missyae's only source. Definitely not, but that is irrelevant to this season, as he isn't really posting spoilers.)

SEG has in the past protected certain information vigilantly while being relaxed about some other info. SEG wanted to maintain the suspense that Rob could be voted out and that an RI returnee could win, because without that possibility there was little reason to watch the end.

This season, the fate of the RI returnee is again the big wild card. Coach getting voted out looks unlikely, but a Coach WIN would be a secret worth keeping, as would an Ozzy win.

I would not be surprised if the old pipeline had some disinformation fed to it.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-27-11 at 08:05 PM
Excellent pulling together of this early SU spoiler -- one I had forgotten as I didn't know the T/F was all True.

If Brandon goes out in 6th place (1st F5 boot), that will be in accordance with the line-up we see now. Sophie tells Albert that booting Edna and Brandon will not upset anyone, as it's the pre-ordained order, but they need to go after Cochran.

Sophie is playing "peel the onion alliance" as it peels by established pecking order, rather than reaching in and pulling a layer prematurely. She sees this as a way to avoid a bitter jury I think. Coach too.

So we are not seeing any surprises down the road with the Upolu alliance. The only wild card is Ozzy. Rick will not duel Ozzy, because Brandon is the last duel (by the SU spoiler).

The last duel will most likely be endurance, and Ozzy knows how to do these, whereas Brandon is impatient and twitchy.

That leaves Ozzy competing in what is most likely a fairly physical F5 challenge against Coach, Sophie, Albert, Rick. Last season it was the Bone to Pick that Ashley won. The F6 and F4 challenges were highly physical and Rob won both of them.

Sophie likely has a decent chance to beat Ozzy at something similar to Bone To Pick, but remember that Ozzy is going to have a huge nutritional edge over the Upolu when he comes back. Because Ozzy does think in terms of strategic providing, he might well go off and feed himself without sharing when he returns. So Ozzy will have the edge with energy, brain chemistry, stamina -- in addition to his natural abilities.

According to SU, Ozzy does not make the F3 -- but the spoiler leaves it open that he could make F4.

Last season, SU was taken in by the false planted spoiler that Boston Rob would go out at F5 or F4. It could happen again if Ozzy wins. SEG might like to protect that surprise enough to disseminate a false spoiler of an all Upolu F3.

I watched Episode 1 again a couple days ago, to see what it showed me now that so much has played out. I really felt that Ozzy had a huge story that was much bigger than the way he ultimately played the pre-merge game. Coach, Brandon, and Cochran got the other big stories.

We know now that Cochran and Brandon were not winners. They were personality players.

Sophie got some special attention in Ep 1, but nothing compared to the two returnees, and she did not get a confessional prior to the camp scenes. Typically the winner gets a line in the intro portion. Rick did, but it was in relation to Coach, but we know Rick is not winning as we barely know that Rick is on the show at this point. Albert got zip.

The first episode attention points to a Coach or Ozzy win, with Sophie has the only other viable candidate, but they got 20-1 the attention.

The other possible SEG lie is that SU says Coach does not win. Jim and Keith feel that Coach will win per their Ponderosa video, if someone doesn't stop him. They don't think he is the goat.

I think it is very possible that Coach does win, because he is "Running the Show" just like Boston Rob. In the case of an all-Upolu F3, the Savai'i should vote for the person they think dominated the game. Very seldom is that person punished the way Russell was, and Russell cut throats and broke his word in addition to being a saboteur and a gloating arrogant smelly troll.

It does not look like Coach is going to do anything Russhellish.

Because SU has been fooled before, I lean towards a Coach or Ozzy win here.

Posted by Flowerpower on 11-27-11 at 11:10 PM
Thanks for posting those thoughts, Krautboy, and thanks for giving your perspective on SU's posts as well, Modesty! I have to say, I have had a very hard time believing that it will be an all Upolu F3, and that if it is, why wouldn't Coach win it all?

I think OFG makes a great argument, and I think at this point that I am in total agreement with her. I don't see a winning edit from either Albert or Sophie at this point in the game. We know it won't be Rick or Edna. So, I think that Ozzy and Coach are both in a pretty good position to be who the game is really about.

I also thought that the recrap placed some doubt as to either of them winning. Which, at this point, is a good sign, imo. FWIW.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 11-28-11 at 01:36 AM
>>> I also thought that the recrap placed some doubt as to either of them winning. Which, at this point, is a good sign, imo. FWIW.

Excellent point! It should not appear to be a cakewalk for the winner.

"Episode Pearl Harbor Day"
Posted by dabo on 12-04-11 at 03:16 AM
Well, duh.

http://tvfunspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13849

"RE: Episode Pearl Harbor Day"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-04-11 at 05:44 AM
Maxx managed to stress me out this week.
I am pro Ozzy and anti-Cochran, so I actually cared for once.
*does happy dance that Ozzy beats Cockroach*

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 12-04-11 at 10:55 AM
Bummer. I would have loved to see the expression on Ozzy`s face if Cochran managed to beat him somehow. That would have been great TV!

Posted by Belle Book on 12-04-11 at 05:02 PM
Actually, I'm not pro-Cochran but neither am I pro-Ozzy -- and I think I'm a bit less pro-Ozzy than I am pro-Cochran. But not enough that I'd care who won or lost.

Posted by dabo on 12-04-11 at 05:23 PM
I'm just anti Redemption Island. Their torches were snuffed, they are no longer actually in the game.

Posted by Flowerpower on 12-05-11 at 09:17 PM
Their torches were snuffed, they are no longer actually in the game.

True, but because RI is indeed a part of the game, it is now a viable option to get to the end game. So, it really isn't necessarily, "their torches were snuffed so they are no longer in the game". As we have seen Ozzy play it that way. And let's face it, it's not a bad strategy for one that lacks in the social arena. It now becomes a viable option to end game...

Posted by dabo on 12-06-11 at 02:01 AM
But they are not playing the actual game of Survivor while on Redemption Island; navigating the politics within the tribe, strategizing to get themselves to Final and perhaps the win, playing the social game while trying to balance their BS at Tribals per what the tribe hears vs. what the jury hears, all that interesting stuff. No! They are no longer in the actual game that actually is Survivor. They are in a boring win or lose contest of duels with absolutely nothing else to do but hopefully get back into the game at some point and be an obstacle for those players who never got their torches snuffed.

It is the single worst twist ever in Survivor and as gawd as my witness I will never stop reminding everyone of that!

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-06-11 at 03:04 AM
It's an awful twist, BUT they are still in The Game because they still have buffs. The game has been expanded beyond the torch, now the sign of life is your buff.

When they have really lost it will be when people on the jury come back in (or a person). Which is what Jim pitched to Probst on his way out as a possible further chance for Redemption.

Instead of thinking as the RI person as a loser -- I think of an Ozzy RI player as someone who was considered dangerous -- and it is a contest between those who fear you and want you to stay out and your will to not let them kick you out.

It means that the ability to kick someone out is not entirely in the hands of the group.

When Survivor was young, it was truly a social game, where the object was to integrate yourself into the group. But now it is played as a game and not a paradigm of surviving in the wilderness. The vote is merely an elimination of a competitor. You did play well, therefore you are out.

RI was conceived as a way to stop that kind of simplistic thinking of selecting group members by eliminating the fittest for survival. If the fittest will survive anyway, then why not keep them and let them provide for the larger group?

Sadly, it is a clunky twist, but I don't hate the reason it came to be.

Posted by dabo on 12-06-11 at 03:32 AM
I actually do agree that Ozzy landed on the actual only game aspect of RI, and good for him. It still isn't really Survivor.

Survivor was never a game about the fittest for survival, otherwise Gretchen or Rudy would have won way back in season 1, beacause they actually tallied the best points in survivalism.

It is a social, diplomatic game about navigating obstacles, those obstacles mostly being the other players in the game.

In the end the jurists vote on what? Basically, though everyone values different things, the jurists vote on what makes them feel best. I like so-and-so, so-and-so beat me at the game, so-and-so was most friendly to me, so-and-so was on my original tribe, good for me.

Posted by Belle Book on 12-04-11 at 04:59 PM
No surprise on who's going to the jury. That was a classic overmatch if I ever saw one.

I'm sorry Edna's going, however. I liked her a lot. She no doubt will feel betrayed since she was the first to approach Coach, but she was the last to be part of his alliance, so that makes her the safest target in the eyes of the others, including Coach.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-04-11 at 07:18 PM
Edna has the chance to beat Ozzy and come roaring back into the game.

Belle, I liked Edna "on paper" when the game started, but honestly I don't think she has been an appealing character. I think she would be annoying in camp, She has zero personal warmth.

I realize that anesthesiologists deal with patients who are going to be unconscious immediately after they meet them, but I have to say she seems perfect for tending to patients that don't interact.

The nurses who put the IV's in are usually pretty nice and have people skills.
I think Edna is whiny and humorless, and in all the days on the island, no one has become tight enough with her to want to ally with her, so that says something.

Posted by Brownroach on 12-04-11 at 08:53 PM
Edna has more or less advertised herself as a doormat, IMO. Okay, approaching Coach when no one else seemed to like him might have been smart, but she had to use that to be on top of his strategy, not outside of it. Instead she offered to give massages and do laundry. If she didn't even intuit that something not to her benefit might be going on until now, she has herself to blame.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-04-11 at 10:26 PM
Agree. She played housewife /cleaning lady/ geisha (not really but the massage thing) instead of playing with the power brokers.

The only way that work ethic gets you far in Survivor is if you identify a niche where you NOT doing the work is felt in a "what would we do without that person" sort of way. And even that doesn't work near the end of the game.

These guys are willing to sit on the sand and do nothing and just get through the last week. These people booted one of the best providers they could ask for instead of negotiating some sort of "we'll keep you for your fish" deal.

Placing obvious importance on yourself for doing domestic chores only annoys people.
Edna's friend Mick was another one who stupidly held back from forming alliances early. He stumbled into the F3 by being one of only four left who made the merge, as a strength in challenges asset. I wonder if Edna took advice from him.

Posted by Flowerpower on 12-05-11 at 09:28 PM
I have to agree with you, OFG. Edna, I can't fathom as a practicing Anesthesiologist. She didn't even get the dehydration question right in the quiz....that is BASIC! She seems pathetic. Definitely doesn't represent professional women in a health care setting, that's for sure! I wonder if Sophie knows that she is an Anesthesiologist? Could have kept it to herself. I wonder if she is board certified? Seriously, I was disappointed...

Posted by dabo on 12-06-11 at 02:17 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-11 AT 02:19 AM (EST)

Edna, I can't fathom as a practicing Anesthesiologist. She didn't even get the dehydration question right in the quiz....that is BASIC!

Actually, in defense of anesthesiology, I have to say I can see her as one. It is one of the more arcane medical arts, but follow--

First of all, the dehydration question probably was derived from their pre-game training, adjusted for the environment and conditions they would be living in, and averaged for the average person, considering the amount of physical activity that would be required of them. Seriously, you don't need a gallon of water per day to stay hydrated if you spend most of your time sitting at a desk in a nice office building, but if you are out picking cabbages all day in the fields under a hot sun maybe you need more water than a pencil-pusher.

So, Edna as an anesthesiologist, she doesn't deal in averages except as a starting point. She is used to taking into account a lot of factors in dosing her patients, like age, size, weight, gender, general physical condition, known allergies, dental problems, general medical history, and so on.

Given how small and slight she is, she would have known immediately that she would probably not require as much water per day as someone as big and beefy as Rick, and adjusted her thinking per her own needs.

It was a stupid question.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-06-11 at 03:06 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-11 AT 03:07 AM (EST)

We at Blows know someone who could represent the sistahs of the field far better!

I believe she is a colleague of Mick Trimming, and that's how she got on the show, so she likely is certified.

"Final 3 Confirmed"
Posted by Krautboy on 12-05-11 at 05:25 PM
The Sourced Spoilers summarized here...

http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi?az=show_thread&om=7726&forum=DCForumID2&omm=99

...are still in tact, with the exception of iVrdo210, who has proven to be a fake; just riding on SU’s coattails.

SurvivorsUnite recently confirmed that Ozzy returns to the game and the final three, with this post in his thread at SSucks:

“evans992 wrote: Ozzy returns to the game and we may meet Nicki...hm.
Thanks for committing to something!

He also confirmed that the vote tally of the final vote remains unspoiled…

However, based on what we’ve seen so far, and how many jury members will feel betrayed by the Final TC, I would speculate that Sophie is still the best bet to win…

Krautboy

"RE: Final 3 Confirmed"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-05-11 at 09:03 PM
Thank you, KB!

I would say that SU has confirmed what HIS spoilers are, rather than that F3 is confirmed. SU has no direct source, and he was misled last season. Either he is right, or they are putting out misinformation so as to leave some surprise in an Ozzy win.

If he is right, I am betting on a Coach win.

Posted by Belle Book on 12-06-11 at 12:08 PM
It's either Coach or Sophie. Ozzy's only chance is if he makes it to the Final 3 and if he loses the final Immunity Challenge (as I'm sure he'll return from Redemption Island), he's heading to the jury. Ozzy has great odds against him, and unlike some, I'm not sure he can overcome them.

Posted by parathor on 12-06-11 at 06:26 PM
I just saw the animated gif - that's pretty compelling evidence... and even shows one person looking "down" at what I would assume to be the final breakfast food feast thingy. If it's not the F3, then I'm not sure what it could be (family visit, maybe?)

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-06-11 at 07:20 PM
Say what? The gif is made out of old footage. SU doesn't have any access to future footage. The gif was just a way to hint which 3 he was claiming to be F3 without his actually committing to the spoiler.

It was only when some other posters held SU's feet to the fire to be definite or be outta there that he finally said the gif was intended to be the F3 per his spoiler.

Recently, SU has been called out by another poster (simpaticowins) for allegedly repackaging "intel" passed by former Survivors to missyae. SU fell for the Rob goes out at F4 spoiler last season.

Bottom line, there is no evidence right now that SU knows the F3.

Posted by parathor on 12-07-11 at 09:18 AM
You know, it DOES look like two of those 3 were missing some facial hair typical of a 39-day stay on a deserted island.

Ok, I'm back on the idea that the "hero" wins it all, then. Thanks!

"Ep 14 spoilers"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-11-11 at 01:23 AM
Maxx is up ...

OZZY beats EDNA.

Brandon wins immunity, then has a meltdown at TC. He then gives immunity away -- to Albert. Guess who they vote out. No, it is not Coach, Sophie, or Rick.

Maxx has spoiled the next duel, not being as sure as we are that it will air in the Finale.

OZZY wins. (Ozzy will return to the game, yay! )
I think Ozzy fans will share my gratitude for knowing for sure a bit early.

Boy, Sean Hantz's encouragement didn't last long, did it?
Guess Brandon really had no plan once he got past the point where he had laid out his votes back on Day 9 or whatever it was. How to be loyal now? Can't be done!

I searched around the youtube verse and found a clip of the next tribal council ...
here you go ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ear-3e2s3k

"RE: Ep 14 spoilers"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-11-11 at 03:33 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-11-11 AT 03:46 AM (EST)

Well, well, there is a duel or a truel going on in Sucks Spoilers.

SimpaticoWins claims that Maxx and Survivors Unite are getting their spoilers from missyae, who is getting them from Coach (according to SW).

That missyae has been giving them to Maxx to post because of the lawsuit.
Maxx says he's full of it.

Maxx and SU are posting the same thing though. SU posted that Brandon gives away immunity prior to maxx posting it.

SimpaticoWins says that Brandon will be the returnee, that yes he will be voted out next, but without a fuss, and he will beat Ozzy. That is all that SW has spoiled except that SU is wrong, and now challenging that Maxx is wrong.

From what I gather, the theory is that Coach has been feeding accurate spoilers, but that the Finale spoilers are not going to be accurate. I am keeping an open mind, because I could see why someone would do that.

For example, if Coach thinks he won, and wants people surprised.
Also, given Brandon's prominence this season, it is not at all impossible he could be F3 and not Albert. But this means that Ozzy would be in the Finale, but would fall short in exactly the same way that Matt (and Mike) did, only to be bested by the person who just got to RI. Making RI a total waste of time twice in a row.

If you are interested in following the fighting, the main thread is maxxfisher's Ep 14 spoilers topic, but there is another one by Simpatico and another by SU.

I will say it is interesting that maxx gave a preemptive swat to Simpatico in his latest spoiler article. Which would be very much Jim Early style ... even though Maxx is not Jim.

ETA link to Sucks topic
http://survivorsucks.yuku.com/topic/89465

"RE: Ep 14 spoilers"
Posted by Belle Book on 12-11-11 at 04:41 PM
Interesting. Either way, Brandon is going to Redemption Island.

"finale spoilers, pt. 1"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-15-11 at 04:43 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-15-11 AT 04:49 AM (EST)

Damn.

Maxx tells us that Ozzy loses at F4. That's all I really cared to know, but to back up --

Ozzy beats Brandon.
Ozzy wins immunity at F5.
They vote out Rick.
Sophie wins the final immunity.
Ozzy is voted out a third time in one season. Basically goes out last of his tribe in the last challenge like Brett, except that Brett was invisible all season until his immunity run. Ozzy might be the highest profile person to go out at F4 since Elizabeth Filarski had a F4 boot episode all to herself.

OK, there have been some big characters who were F4: Pachal, Helen, Eliza, Cirie,Yau Man, Matty, Taj, Jerri ,, but we tend to think of the F4 edit as that UTR player. Not this time.

Pt 2 will discuss jurors, but Maxx's knowledge on this is going to be mostly spec, I would think.

So, Maxx agrees with SU.

Simpaticowins says the F3 is wrong, but he also said that Brandon is the returnee and not Ozzy. So either way, no one is predicting Ozzy for the finals.

"If given a choice between two equally promising lines of play, always choose the more elegant."

"RE: finale spoilers, pt. 1"
Posted by SquidProQuo on 12-15-11 at 10:41 AM
Bummer. I was pulling for Ozzy too, although his lack of confessionals, etc. last night made me fear that this was the case. Will be very interesting to see how the Coach/Ozzy deal works out -- that could be the deciding factor.

At least Ozzy should have Fan Favorite locked up!

Sophie going on an immunity run could really help her get the jury's respect, especially if she's the one to take Ozzy out vs. Albert or one of the guys.

I like Sophie because she's smart but haven't really warmed up to her like others have....and Albert was one of my faves early on but not anymore....so I guess I'm actually rooting for Coach, as along as he owns up to his strategy this season vs. religious/integrity crap. If he does that route, I think he's a goner with the jury.

Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-15-11 at 05:50 PM
Sophie can't go on an immunity run, as she will only win the last one, but that does make three -- just not the kind of sequential run to the end that impresses. A win that takes out Ozzy may carry some weight.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't favor players who let someone else carry the weight of the game play. Coach directed ... she reined in Albert. I'm also not a big fan of 21 year olds getting the Sole Survivor title over mature players.

You could see last night that Albert had no special affection for Sophie at all. The only person who seemed to have reluctance to let her go was Coach. I think Sophie has been cold and clinical and a bit of a snob (young, very smart, thinks she knows it all, but doesn't know life or human nature as well as she thinks she does).

In spite of the fact that I am totally not with Coach's religious trip, I like the way he truly puts his soul into the game and doesn't treat Survivor like a board game where you schmooze the pieces as you knock them off, so I would vote for Coach.

Posted by dabo on 12-16-11 at 00:45 AM
Tacking on here, one of the more interesting moments this week (to me) was Coach telling Albert he didn't understand how juries work. Coach has been on two juries but does he understand how juries work?

The first time Coach was on a jury they rewarded a likeable thickly accented cowboy over a smart stategist. The second time Coach was on a jury they rewarded the least objectionable of the remaining villains. How do these experiences help Coach this time, if at all?

Posted by Belle Book on 12-15-11 at 12:00 PM
I'm not surprised. I'm tending to agree with Maxx Fisher about the Final 3, but if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Posted by Round Robin on 12-16-11 at 07:30 AM
Well you had to figure Ozzy was gonna get sawed off if he didn't win final immunity. Those people might be dumb but they ain't stupid. And I can see how Albert could turn some jurors off. I don't really like any of the ones left, but you gotta think Coach and Sophie will be fighting it out for the title.

Posted by Belle Book on 12-16-11 at 11:47 AM
I didn't think I'd be wrong about Ozzy not making the finals, I was suggesting that if I was wrong, it was about following Maxx Fisher's lead on who the Final 3 would be (Albert, Coach and Sophie). Even the person who didn't think that would be the Final 3 said that Ozzy wouldn't make it there, after all.

Ozzy's only chance of making the Final 3 would have been to win the final duel (which I think he can do), then win the final two Immunities (which I was less sure of). I knew that if he failed to do all that, he'd be a goner since even Coach isn't dumb enough to want that particular warrior around.

I also think that Coach and Sophie will be fighting it out for the title of Sole Survivor. Albert will probably get one vote, at most, and the other eight will be up for grabs with Coach and Sophie going for them.

Posted by Round Robin on 12-17-11 at 01:17 AM
Albert might get 0 if he makes the final. In these 3 person finals, there's usually one finalist who goes voteless, and that would NOT be Sophie or Coach in a final of them vs. Albert.

Posted by Brownroach on 12-17-11 at 11:54 AM
Theoretically Brandon should vote for Albert since Al didn't turn on him. But who knows what LilHantz will do.

If there is antipathy toward Coach it's probably due to residual feelings of not wanting a returning player to win, since these people know that Rob won last time. Otherwise I can't see how Sophie would beat Coach, unless he also gives a poor jury presentation. Sophie would be an unsatisfying winner for me, but there was a clip (in Insiders?) where she talked about how she planned to present her case at the end. So I do think she could edge out Coach.

Posted by dabo on 12-17-11 at 12:29 PM
Brandon is a wild card, certainly, but if he maintains his religious persona to the end (even to the live reunion), then

(1) He put the forgiveness aspect on himself, and

(2) God told Coach to send Brandon to Redemption.

So I could see his vote going for either Albert or Coach. I don't think he would vote for Sophie ever, he is frightened by women who are strong and smart.

That's the thing about jurists that maybe even Coach, who has been on two juries, doesn't understand; they almost invariably, as individuals, cast their votes by determining what makes them feel best. Some will vote for the better player out of respect, some will vote for the person they like the most, it is more a popularity contest at that point.

Posted by Belle Book on 12-17-11 at 07:31 PM
I think the returning player bit might play a role in antipathy towards Coach, but I think the bigger role might be due to the fact that he was really gung-ho on "loyalty, honor and integrity." I'm pretty sure Rick, Edna and Brandon would disagree with that, especially Brandon and Edna. Sophie might win simply by keeping her hands relatively clean, at least in the eyes of Dawn, Keith, Ozzy, Whitney, Rick and Edna. As for Brandon, at least Albert voted with him against Sophie, so that's why I see Albert as the one most likely to get Brandon's vote. Since I think Brandon would feel most betrayed by Coach, I don't think Coach will get his vote, and I doubt he'd give his vote to a strong woman if they intimidate him.

Posted by Belle Book on 12-17-11 at 07:23 PM
Well, I did say Albert would get one vote at most, so I do think Albert might not get any votes. But if he gets any, it will be from Brandon.

"Maxx on Finale (jury) pt II"
Posted by Outfrontgirl on 12-17-11 at 05:31 PM
http://tvfunspot.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13878

He does not know how anyone voted, but he tells what he has heard of how FTC went. Coach getting blasted for all the Praying. Rick, Brandon, Whitney, Dawn especially. Edna very bitter.

As speculated by many, Sophie appears to ride the storm the best.
Coach might get Jim's vote, Brandon will likely vote Coach or Albert. Cochran maybe Coach.
Whitney, Keith, Ozzy, Rick, Edna, Dawn most likely for Sophie. Easy win.

"RE: Maxx on Finale (jury) pt II"
Posted by Belle Book on 12-17-11 at 07:34 PM
Kind of what I figured -- Sophie wins simply because she's more popular than Albert (and the fact that she beat Ozzy in the final Immunity Challenge would probably impress him), and Coach was the leader of his "cult" and would be viewed as a hypocrite by those he had to betray (namely Brandon, Edna and Rick).