URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 335
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Warning to all prospective Mark Cuban bashers."

Posted by Estee on 08-29-07 at 11:40 AM
He's a member here, which means that bashing him for who he is, what he does, and everything else in the area of his personal life falls under the 'offensive attacks on other posters' section of the guidelines. Tread very, very carefully.

Bashing him for how he dances, what he says on the show, the outfits he decides to sport, and any attempts he makes to actively buy votes is mandatory.

Mark: I get twenty dollars a phone call, two thousand for every ECST where I actively lie to make you look better, and a bonus of $50,000 if you actually win. This is non-negotiable. Unless of course you want to pay more, which I'm okay with.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Warning to all prospective Mark Cuban bashers."
Posted by dragonflies on 08-29-07 at 11:59 AM
Do you know that in 10 posts you will have 22222 posts? That is some sort of evil dancing number, isn't it?

Posted by Breezy on 08-29-07 at 02:35 PM
Will he go all Shakes on us if we do?

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Posted by qwertypie on 08-29-07 at 02:48 PM
Is he a member because he had his own reality tv show, or did he actually sign up here?

Must have been in one of the many rtvw dry spells I have had to endure because of my POS computer.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 08-29-07 at 05:27 PM
>Is he a member because he
>had his own reality tv
>show, or did he actually
>sign up here?

He was on "The Benefactor" -- a poorly-scheduled reality show that ABC aired (for six episodes) in Fall 2004:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/report-former-benefactor-mark-cuban-going-dancing-with-stars-5685.php

http://www.realitytvworld.com/thebenefactor/

Posted by Estee on 08-29-07 at 06:59 PM
And if I remember the events the right way, he actually registered and made a couple of posts.

Actually, I think I remember that more clearly than the actual show, which was just about impossible to catch for the full run.

Posted by Snidget on 08-29-07 at 07:21 PM
Here is one:
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID76/2.shtml#54

at one with Smokeysmom

Posted by geg6 on 08-29-07 at 04:35 PM
Not to mention the fact that I love him.

"Let them call me rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul by swearing allegiance to one whose character is that of a sottish, stupid, stubborn, worthless, brutish man. I conceive likewise a horrid idea in receiving mercy from a being, who at the last day shall be shrieking to the rocks and mountains to cover him, and fleeing with terror from the orphan, the widow, and the slain of America." Thomas Paine

Posted by mistyrose52 on 08-30-07 at 03:34 AM
Thanks for the warning. I actually don't have a clue who the guy is, which probably would bother him MORE than my bashing him.

Or so it seems from what I've gathered from the other posts......

Anyway, so glad this post was brought up!!!

Posted by geg6 on 09-04-07 at 03:23 PM
Well, I like him just because everyone in the NBA, especially the high muckety-mucks and the other owners, just absolutely hate him. And he's brash and outspoken. And he's from Pittsburgh and never, ever badmouths his hometown. I love a guy like that.

"Let them call me rebel and welcome, I feel no concern from it; but I should suffer the misery of devils, were I to make a whore of my soul by swearing allegiance to one whose character is that of a sottish, stupid, stubborn, worthless, brutish man. I conceive likewise a horrid idea in receiving mercy from a being, who at the last day shall be shrieking to the rocks and mountains to cover him, and fleeing with terror from the orphan, the widow, and the slain of America." Thomas Paine

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 08-30-07 at 08:47 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-07 AT 08:48 AM (EST)

I'm going to have to call foul on this one. If you put yourself out there on a Realtiy TV Show then be prepared to be bashed if you suck. Regardless if you're a member here or not.

A Sharnina Creation

Posted by qwertypie on 08-30-07 at 06:14 PM
True dat!
From what I remember from the Benefactor, he doesn't move like a dancer. Me thinks this is going to be painful to watch.

Time to get the drinking game dusted off

Posted by mistyrose52 on 09-03-07 at 06:57 PM
Oh, PALEASSSSSSSSSSSSSE, after watching Lisa Rena's hubby, I don't think I can handle much more pain!!! They might as well have hired a manikin.......

Posted by shaneperry on 09-25-07 at 02:27 PM
who cares if he's a member here, he's still an idiot.

"We-the-community."
Posted by Estee on 09-25-07 at 02:56 PM
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID33/87.shtml

You might want to note Section II. If Mark does something stupid on the show, you're perfectly free to say something along the lines of 'Migawd, did Mark ever do something stupid on the show' followed by lots and lots of details. But you can't just call him an idiot because it's attacking another member -- which is against the guidelines.

That's why I started this thread -- as an open notice/warning to everyone that Mark is here (or at least might check in once in a while), and while we can bash his dancing as much as we like once he gives us something bashable, going after him on a personal level is different.

Also, if you're nice, he might give you money,

"RE: We-the-community."
Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 09-25-07 at 06:09 PM
He's a public figure and any comments here would be about him as a third person and a person in the public arena..... it's not like he's posting here and someone addresses him directly. I don't see a need for prior restraint on speech in a public forum as long as posters are using profane language or attacking him directly. He's done things in the public arena that have people talking, so why should any opinion of his actions be censored?

Posted by Estee on 09-25-07 at 06:18 PM
One would think you didn't like money.

Posted by JoeGazillionaire on 09-25-07 at 06:20 PM
I love money. Check out my screenname......just don't think Mark would give me any.

Posted by udg on 09-26-07 at 01:47 AM
I love money. Check out my screenname......just don't think Mark would give me any.

Well, not now.

(Personally, I think he's CREEPY.)

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Posted by Round Robin on 09-26-07 at 02:01 AM
He's not creepy, but watching him on the show so far confirms my previous opinion that he's a real piece of work, IOW he's a couple bricks shy of a load. The best thing about him is that despite being so rich and accomplished, he doesn't come off as having an attitude, and he seems like a pretty decent guy. I thought both male judges were kissing his a$$ a little too blatantly for my taste, but they didn't overscore him IMO. He seems like a fun loving type guy to me.

Posted by udg on 09-26-07 at 02:05 AM
He does seem like a nice guy, but there's something about his eyes. I suspect he would be less freaky IRL. The camera really does not love him.

While Estee's hiding from Wayne, I'll be hiding from Mark.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004
It's the EYES!

Posted by Round Robin on 09-26-07 at 02:13 AM
Mark would be a fun guy to have a few beers with.

Posted by dragonflies on 09-26-07 at 11:58 AM
I was more favorably impressed than I thought I was going to be. I do agree, he seems not to have much of an attitude.

Posted by dragonflies on 09-26-07 at 11:59 AM
Hey Estee, was that you in the audience Tom yelled too, that Mark won't be giving you money?

siggie by smokeysmom

Posted by Estee on 09-26-07 at 12:18 PM
Nope. I'm pretty sure he was talking to Joe.