URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID33
Thread Number: 260
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"W-I-D-E S-C-R-E-E-N"

Posted by foonermints on 06-23-05 at 10:32 AM
Is OT's new look so wide that it no longer fits on my screen without scolling side to side, or can I fix it? When I click a topic it returns to what it was normally, but the WIDE screen is annoying.
Not so much as that stupid Go-Phone pop up, which REALLY helps to destroy the enjoyment. Can IT go away?

Handcrafted by RollDice

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: W-I-D-E S-C-R-E-E-N"
Posted by KScott on 06-23-05 at 02:58 PM
I beleive the W-I-D-E S-C-R-E-E-N is because someone posted something with alot of ..... or somthing to that effect. It happens every now and again and the mods will come in and fix it before long. Hang tight, I know how you feel, I don't like it.

- Sliced!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

Invisible

Posted by foonermints on 06-24-05 at 12:06 PM
Thanks! That must have been it. Now with turning off my ActiveX plug ins, the GoPhone has become ConsiderGoPhone

Posted by NineTen on 08-23-05 at 09:58 PM
I just found out that if you want to reply to a message, to copy it first then hit reply to the original message. Your message will appear in the left side of the thread and it wont make the thread trail off to the right. Also, if you were to reply to that same message "with quotes", you get those annoying (>) caret marks, but if you do what I said above, and copy it first, you wont have that.
You probably know that already foonermints, but it's a helpful tip that I wish I knew months ago.

"RE: Thanks NineTen!"
Posted by foonermints on 08-24-05 at 09:38 PM
Nope, I didn't know that! I just futz around in my old patterns after I find something that works. I'll have to try it.

Now I have a NEW problem. Rats.

Posted by Bebo on 08-24-05 at 07:08 AM
This typically happens when someone posts a pic that's too big, or a link that's too long.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by Cygnus X1 on 08-25-05 at 01:11 PM
To fix a lengthy link, you can embed it in text, as described here.