URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID55
Thread Number: 255
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Ingrid Q & A"

Posted by Esbea on 08-11-04 at 03:25 PM
Hey Guys, guess what? Ingrid Wiese, AKA our very own "Original Jane" has graciously consented to take our questions! This IS a PG-13 forum, and you know that there are questions that she CANT answer, so please bear that in mind when you post. She's got time constraints, but has promised to answer in a timely manner. Ready, set.........GO!

and, before you even ask, no, I have no way of knowing, 100%, for sure, that WE arent being Schmo-ed. But from what Im able to ascertain, I believe she is Ingrid.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Ingrid Q & A"
Posted by mmm_link on 08-11-04 at 03:28 PM
I asked in another thread but will repeat here:
1. Did you get your book back signed by Madeline Albright?
2. What possessed you to give a "signed copy" to a complete stranger in the first place.

Posted by Original Jane on 08-12-04 at 02:39 PM
>I asked in another thread but
>will repeat here:
>1. Did you get your book
>back signed by Madeline Albright?

Sorry that you didn't get your questions answered before, let me help you out. No I didn't get my book back, but then I didn't really want it back because it was signed to "Ingrid's Bachelor, good luck on your own personal journey. With Great Affection Madeleine Albright" Or something like that... Tim Herzog can keep it, I have my own copy!

>2. What possessed you to give
>a "signed copy" to a
>complete stranger in the first
>place.

I thought the book was representative of me and what I find interesting and important. But just a book is boring and cheesy, what made it cool was the signature from Madame Secretary. It was a shout out to my DC friends and Foreign Service aspirations.

I seriously thought that a man I was interested in would think this was the coolest gift. But if this had been a real reality TV show, I would have been hiding under the covers when this aired. It looks so much sillier on TV...

Posted by mmm_link on 08-12-04 at 10:34 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-13-04 AT 08:04 AM (EST)

Thanks again for the response. I guess I was touched by the sincerity of the gift and the type of person that would give it as well.

Posted by Drive My Car on 08-11-04 at 03:33 PM
Yay Original Jane!
You seem like a lovely woman, so bright and funny. I was cheering for you when they brought you into the cast.

Q : What was the very first thing that clued you to the fact that something wasn't right with this show?

Q : Why did you decide to go on a reality dating show?

Thanks Ingrid, for all the entertainment you and your castmates brought to my summer!

Posted by Original Jane on 08-12-04 at 02:44 PM
>Yay Original Jane!
>You seem like a lovely woman,
>so bright and funny. I
>was cheering for you when
>they brought you into the
>cast.

Thank you so much!! I was cheering as well!

>Q : What was the very
>first thing that clued you
>to the fact that something
>wasn't right with this show?
>
I felt like right from the start of the casting process, something was not right. I had to send something to the casting agent and I asked her for her e-mail address. She gave me a personal e-mail, which I thought strange. Not too big a deal, but then when I needed to e-mail some additional information to the Production Assistant she also gave me a Yahoo address. At this point, I thought why don't they want me to know where they work?? The production company name that they gave me pulled up nothing on the internet except for listings on peoples resumes. It was all very strange.

>Q : Why did you decide
>to go on a reality
>dating show?

I thought it would be fun!! And I wasn't doing anything else because my new contract didn't start until the first week on April. They also offered to pay me $10,000.00 just for participating. I was so flattered that they liked me and thought I was right for the show, so I just jumped in for the adventure. And I am so glad that I did!

Posted by Rabies on 08-13-04 at 01:03 AM
You're a hottie! A hottie with a brain. Can't get any better than that!

*adulations from Canada*

Posted by RacerX68 on 08-11-04 at 03:34 PM
Hi, Ingrid! I want you to know you did a fantastic job on the show, and I think the fact that you were "real" really helped to lend credibility to "Last Chance for Love". I also am really impressed that you knew that Tim was the other real person when it was "revealed" to you that the whole thing was fake.

Now for my question...

What is the name of Tim's bar? Is it T-Dub's Pub like on the t-shirts that Ernie, the Heir gave him in the finale? If I ever make it over to DC from Texas, I would like to check the place out!

Posted by ParadiseLost on 08-12-04 at 05:52 AM
>I also am really impressed
>that you knew that Tim
>was the other real person
>when it was "revealed" to
>you that the whole thing
>was fake.

I give her credit, too, but also remember that the entire cast still present in the house filed in for the reveal, except for Tim. When Ralph/Derek told Ingrid that there was someone else living in the house that was also real, that only left Tim since the Piper and Austin characters were not living in the house. But I do believe very strongly that she sensed Tim's genuineness. At the same time she was also real confused about who was what for awhile there.

Her comment when he told her it was Tim was revealing - "I suspected... I hoped."

Too bad the real Ingrid won't be reading this. Or who knows... maybe she will! But she sure ain't this "Original Jane" poser.

Well, now we can turn this thread into one where we talk about Ingrid behind her back.

Saying only nice things, of course.

Posted by Esbea on 08-11-04 at 03:44 PM
How much direction did you get after you were taken over to the dark side? I couldnt tell if they ASKED you to keep it a little more low key, or if you played it that way because you genuinely felt bad about "scamming" Tim.

"Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for the night. Light a man afire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.''

Posted by Original Jane on 08-12-04 at 02:51 PM
>How much direction did you get
>after you were taken over
>to the dark side?
>I couldnt tell if they
>ASKED you to keep it
>a little more low key,
>or if you played it
>that way because you genuinely
>felt bad about "scamming" Tim.
>

I received no direction on the "Dark Side". I was completely freaked out that I was going to ruin the entire show. They told me to just act natural, but then they told me that Tim and Amanda had to lead every scene and this meant I needed to repress my natural instinct to jump in and direct conversation. I was supposed to be myself, but there was no way that I would sit idle during a conflict. I'm embarrassed to admit it, but I would be right in the center of it trying to make peace. I certainly would never allow a group of producers to disrespect someone's parents while I sipped iced tea and ate my millionth chicken breast. So I had to really just stare off in space and let the seasoned actors do their thing. I got a little more confident as we got close to the end. Once I felt more comfortable, I was able to have a little more fun when there wasn't a major scene about to play out. Does that make sense?

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 08-12-04 at 02:59 PM
>I received no direction on the "Dark Side". I was
>completely freaked out that I was going to ruin the
>entire show. They told me to just act natural,
>but then they told me that Tim and Amanda had
>to lead every scene and this meant I needed to
>repress my natural instinct to jump in and direct conversation.

Ingrid, one followup question -- how confident were you in your performance... were you surprised to stick around so long (and last until the Women's Final 2) or were you thinking you might get sent packing at any point? Did the "script" they gave you have alternate scenarios in case you couldn't pull it off or did the production staff (at least to your face ) appear to be fully confident in your ability to succeed?

"To anyone checking for replies"
Posted by Esbea on 08-11-04 at 05:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-11-04 AT 05:01 PM (EST)

Im a doofus. She told me that she would be checking in tomorrow to answer questions, as I caught her near the end of her available time today. I thought I had put that information in the original post!

For Ingrid:

Youve already said that you, Tim and Amanda really bonded and remain close. Was there one of the actors that you got along with particularly well?

What prompted you to apply for the show? Whats your favorite reality show?

Have you had any acting offers?

(ok this is a stupid question, but Im curious) Other than the matching outfits for the various challenges, did you wear your own clothes? And didja get to keep the pink fluffy robe with the heart?

I really think that youve raised the bar for female reality show contestants. Admittedly, that might sound...weird. But I cant name another female contestant who was sharp, witty, attractive and managed to play their own game without undermining someone else to get "the edge". I found the way that you (and Amanda as well) werent willing to sell yourself out while you had your "game on" refreshing and admirable.

"Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for the night. Light a man afire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.''

"RE: To anyone checking for replies"
Posted by Original Jane on 08-12-04 at 03:11 PM

>
>For Ingrid:
>
> Whats your
>favorite reality show?

Although I haven't watched many lately (they will never be the same again), my favorites in the past include Amazing Race, Top Model and The Apprentice.

>
>Have you had any acting offers?
>
No!

>(ok this is a stupid question,
>but Im curious) Other than
>the matching outfits for the
>various challenges, did you wear
>your own clothes?

I wore all my own clothes, except for the eviction ceremony dresses. In addition, Amanda wore most of my clothes--her friends contributed the rest of her wardrobe. I'm going to talk her into a shopping spree when we finally get our humiliation reward!

And
>didja get to keep the
>pink fluffy robe with the
>heart?

No--I'm so dissappointed.

>I really think that youve raised
>the bar for female reality
>show contestants. Admittedly, that
>might sound...weird. But I
>cant name another female contestant
>who was sharp, witty, attractive
>and managed to play their
>own game without undermining someone
>else to get "the edge".
> I found the way
>that you (and Amanda as
>well) werent willing to sell
>yourself out while you had
>your "game on" refreshing and
>admirable.

Thanks! That is so cool that you said that!

Posted by Megacanuck on 08-11-04 at 07:10 PM
Hi Ingrid.

As a Canadian, I was keen to watch because of Jono. After the first episode, I was hooked because it was hilarious.

1. How did you manage to get through that dance-off with a (mostly) straight face?

2. Did Amanda or Tim ever comment on the host's accent slipping?

3. Have you developed a mild case of paranoia now? When I was watching the finale last night, I kept thinking that if I were one of you three, I'd be worried that I was being set up, probably for ages. It's probably a silly question, but I was just curious.

I think the three of you handled yourselves with a lot of class. Congratulations on a great show!

Posted by Psychotron on 08-11-04 at 08:56 PM
For Ingrid:

I'm curious to know if there was a defining moment that started the snowball of doubt.

Do you think you would have been as perceptive to little details and inconsistencies later if the model on that first day hadn't mentioned her agent? Was there any combination of evidence that you considered a smoking gun? Might you have remained mostly convinced if the creators had simply been more diligent in filling in the cracks and covering their bases?
- OR -
Was it really the lack of depth to the characters and your personal interactions with the actors? Which would you say affected you more: the rehearsed feel to the actors' performances or the often irrational behavior of the characters? Setting minor holes and screw-ups aside, did the overarching structure of the characters and show in general just seem compellingly implausible?

What would future Truman-like shows need to do to remain convincing? What aspects would you say need to be addressed the most to come close to the edge of ridiculousness without going over the edge (or at least, not going over too early)?

Esbea:

I don't think Joe Schmo is looking for the same type of "contestants" that other "reality" shows are looking for. Most "reality" shows generally don't want ordinary people. I believe such shows try to find people that can fill specific exagerated stereotypes and then prod them until soap opera-like conflict and drama ensues. This is why I appreciate the Joe Schmo show as a parody; the actors push the stereotypes and drama to the extreme. The marks, however, need to nice, open, intelligent, and honest everyday people that just about everyone can empathize with. If other "reality" shows filled their ranks with similar people, the participants would all be polite, rationally cooperative, with greater perspective, and never willing to seriously sacrifice their reputation to win a meaningless game. In other words, the show would be completely boring.

An unrelated tangent:

I've never much liked these post-Survivor machinated "reality" shows, and despite it being listed here, I don't consider Joe Schmo to be one of them. I do however very much appreciate straightforward reality shows like Cops or Trauma: Life in the ER, and I especially like prank shows like Scare Tactics and Girls Behaving Badly, which is where I categorize Joe Schmo. The scale, though, on Joe Schmo, is so much greater than its predecessors.

I was not impressed with the first season much, largely due to the creators playing it safe by choosing Matt (He believed the "prima facie" line? Obviously, he didn't even glance at his contract), but the acting, humor, and chosen marks were much more sophisticated and interesting on the second season, despite the constant stream of sexual innuendo. If they are able to continue this trend, future seasons will really be something.

Posted by Rabies on 08-13-04 at 00:49 AM
>>If other
>"reality" shows filled their ranks
>with similar people, the participants
>would all be polite, rationally
>cooperative, with greater perspective, and
>never willing to seriously sacrifice
>their reputation to win a
>meaningless game. In other
>words, the show would be
>completely boring.

Funny you should say that, because that's EXACTLY what Season 1 of "Big Brother" was like. They filled the house with nice, apple-pie middle-americans, and the result was: BORING!

Posted by RacerX68 on 08-11-04 at 10:03 PM
I do believe we've all been Schmo'd. On the live chat tonight, Tim said he has not opened his bar yet, but hopefully it will be later this year in Adams Morgan.

This "Ingrid" said that she and Amanda were going to watch the finale with Tim at his bar.

:-|

Posted by ParadiseLost on 08-11-04 at 10:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-12-04 AT 10:07 AM (EST)

>I do believe we've all been
>Schmo'd. On the live
>chat tonight, Tim said he
>has not opened his bar
>yet, but hopefully it will
>be later this year in
>Adams Morgan.
>
>This "Ingrid" said that she and
>Amanda were going to watch
>the finale with Tim at
>his bar.
>
>:-|

DARN! Just a few minutes late. I wanted to be the one to bust her - or him - or it. Good eye, RacerX. I caught it right away, too. Tim has no bar yet, which he revealed just 20 minutes ago in the chat at Spike. But our "Original Jane" wrote:

"This is the original Jane Schmo, a.k.a. Ingrid Wiese. I wanted to post an e-mail thanking everyone for being so kind to Tim, Amanda and I this JS II season. We are all going to be watching the finale together in DC at Tim's bar and I hope you tune in, because there will be more laughs and more twists coming."

I know there are posers all over the 'net, but I was really hoping that this wasn't one. So much so that I let her schmo me.

THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED FOR TIME, CONTENT AND TO FIT YOUR SCREEN

Posted by Drive My Car on 08-12-04 at 10:10 AM
Do community rules allow personal attacks on other posters who are liars playing with our heads and hearts by pretending to be someone they're not?

You should read the community guidelines, and if you have a question about them, contact a moderator about those questions.
If you have a problem with another member of the community you should also contact a moderator.

Personnal attacks aren't allowed, besides we don't know that this poster is a liar. If you don't believe she is who she says, then maybe you shouldn't read her responses.

Posted by ParadiseLost on 08-12-04 at 10:29 AM
OK, I've read 'em.

It's against community guidelines to call someone a liar here.

It's against Federal statutes to knowingly impersonate a celebrity in an attempt to deceive or defraud.

But RTW has no problem with someone doing that here.

As long as we have our priorities straight.

Posted by Drive My Car on 08-12-04 at 10:51 AM
It's against Federal statutes to knowingly impersonate a celebrity in an attempt to deceive or defraud.

But RTW has no problem with someone doing that here.

First off you have no proof that the poster you question did that.
And second, if a poster is a fraud let the moderators handle it. If you have a problem with another member of the community you should contact them, they make the rules here and enforce them.

I'm just letting you know how this community operates. I don't make the rules either.

Posted by ParadiseLost on 08-12-04 at 11:26 AM
>It's against Federal statutes to knowingly
>impersonate a celebrity in an
>attempt to deceive or defraud.
>
>
>But RTW has no problem with
>someone doing that here.

>
>First off you have no proof
>that the poster you question
>did that.
>And second, if a poster is
>a fraud let the moderators
>handle it. If you have
>a problem with another member
>of the community you should
>contact them, they make the
>rules here and enforce them.

I'll repeat myself: "RTW has no problem with someone doing that here" - meaning there are no community guidelines concerning posters misrepresenting their identities. While there is no practical way to control it, I would think that a community this large dealing exclusively with television and the people who perform on it would at the minimum address the issue in its guidelines. As it stands, it falls under an umbrella clause of laws which they may or may not be able to enforce.

Just an opinion, nothing more. I was indeed surprised that the issue was not addressed.

6) Please don't pretend to be Julie Chen

Posted by Drive My Car on 08-12-04 at 11:58 AM

Because something isn't specifically addressed in the guidelines, doesn't mean that "RTW has no problem with someone doing that here".

I again, suggest that you take your concerns and questions about the community and it's rules to the Moderators of this forum.

"IF......"
Posted by Esbea on 08-12-04 at 12:46 PM
"It's against Federal statutes to knowingly impersonate a celebrity in an attempt to deceive or defraud."

Then:

(c) RealityTVWorld.com reserves the right to prohibit or delete discussions that are thought to violate applicable law or that we may consider harmful to other members, to the sites that comprise RealityTVWorld.com, or to the rights of RealityTVWorld.com or others. Having said that, RealityTVWorld.com does not have the practical ability to restrict conduct or communications that might violate these guidelines, nor can we ensure prompt removal of offending discussion forum posts. Please utilize this community at your own risk.

(d) We realize that everyone can make a mistake, and we generally do not revoke user privileges for one inadvertent violation of the standards of this site. However, we consider some violations to be so egregious or so serious that one offense will be enough to cause your membership to be revoked immediately. In addition, RealityTVWorld.com reserves the right to terminate your membership at its sole discretion without prior notification and for any reason.

OR

(e) These guidelines are not comprehensive and constitute only a portion of the standards applicable to membership in the RealityTVWorld.com community. In addition, we reserve the right to modify these guidelines or to change or terminate the community at any time without notice.

certainly would seem to cover it.

Again, its better to ask than assume

"RE: IF......"
Posted by ParadiseLost on 08-12-04 at 11:30 PM
Yep, those were the "umbrella clauses" I referred to.

Posted by Drive My Car on 08-12-04 at 10:12 AM
I see you've edited the content I responded to.

Posted by ParadiseLost on 08-12-04 at 10:35 AM
Yes and I actually edited it before I saw your response - I think we were both on and typing our posts at the same time.

Anyway, I feel better with the post as it is now. And it fits your screen better.

Posted by Drive My Car on 08-12-04 at 10:53 AM
It fit my screen fine as it was. It may fit the quidelines better now.

Posted by ParadiseLost on 08-12-04 at 11:45 AM
OMG! <http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID55/240.shtml#10>

Call the RTW police!

Posted by Original Jane on 08-12-04 at 03:14 PM
>LAST EDITED ON 08-12-04
>AT 10:07 AM (EST)

>
>>I do believe we've all been
>>Schmo'd. On the live
>>chat tonight, Tim said he
>>has not opened his bar
>>yet, but hopefully it will
>>be later this year in
>>Adams Morgan.
>>
>>This "Ingrid" said that she and
>>Amanda were going to watch
>>the finale with Tim at
>>his bar.
>>
>>:-|

Hey guys! Sorry for the confusion. Tim hasn't opened "T-dubbs Pub" yet, but he works at Adams Mill Bar and Grill in Adams Morgan. Amanda, Tim and I watched the finale at the bar he CURRENTLY works at... which I called 'his' bar. Sorry for the confusion.

I don't know what to say... I'm the real thing.
>DARN! Just a few minutes late.
>I wanted to be the
>one to bust her -
>or him - or it.
>Good eye, RacerX. I caught
>it right away, too. Tim
>has no bar yet, which
>he revealed just 20 minutes
>ago in the chat at
>Spike. But our "Original Jane"
>wrote:
>
>"This is the original Jane Schmo,
>a.k.a. Ingrid Wiese. I wanted
>to post an e-mail thanking
>everyone for being so kind
>to Tim, Amanda and I
>this JS II season. We
>are all going to be
>watching the finale together in
>DC at Tim's bar and
>I hope you tune in,
>because there will be more
>laughs and more twists coming."

>
>
>I know there are posers all
>over the 'net, but I
>was really hoping that this
>wasn't one. So much so
>that I let her schmo
>me.
>
>THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED
>FOR TIME, CONTENT AND TO
>FIT YOUR SCREEN

Posted by ladro on 08-11-04 at 10:07 PM
While you were a shmoe, did you notice that you were getting more camera time than the other contestants? Or did the producers make an effor to have fake camera crews follow everyone around.

Posted by Original Jane on 08-12-04 at 03:17 PM
>While you were a shmoe, did
>you notice that you were
>getting more camera time than
>the other contestants? Or did
>the producers make an effor
>to have fake camera crews
>follow everyone around.
>
>

Amanda noticed this, but I didn't. I thought everyone always had a camera in their face.

Posted by ParadiseLost on 08-12-04 at 06:03 AM
Before anyone wastes time posting any more questions, read back up this thread about three posts. The only "Schmos" here are us.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me 11,813 times, I am the unwitting star of a fake reality series on Spike.

Posted by mmm_link on 08-12-04 at 08:11 AM
It was fun while it lasted. Maybe this thread should be locked.

"Is "Jane" Schmo-ing us?"
Posted by Esbea on 08-12-04 at 08:12 AM
LAST EDITED ON 08-12-04 AT 08:53 AM (EST)

Like I said, theres no way to be 100% sure. Is there a Molly to whom Rhiannon should be passing along "Jane"s regards? I have my own reasons for believing "Jane". And its certainly possible that she, Amanda and Tim could have watched the show together at "his" bar. Even if its not open to the public, he presumably would have access to the building. Seems like a fitting way for him to "christen" his establishment. Or she could have *meant* the bar that Tim frequents. I dont know, but neither does anyone else here. I would also point out that several people here (myself included) misunderstood a statement that she made about Tims current relationship when she clearly wasnt misrepresenting anything.
It seems *to me* that the "bar" thing would have been better posed as a question to her. Lets suppose for a moment that "Jane" is, indeed, Ingrid. If I was her, taking time out of my day that I didnt have to, to answer questions from a bunch of people I didnt know, Id probably re-think it after having been called a liar and a poseur.

If I got Schmo-ed, then fine, but Im willing to give her a chance.

"RE: Is "Jane" Schmo-ing us?"
Posted by mmm_link on 08-12-04 at 08:18 AM
Maybe a picture of her typing on this website would be the 100% proof we are all seeking.

Posted by Deonna on 08-12-04 at 08:41 AM
I prefer to see the good in every person and post. While some people see only insults and deception, I see curious questions and possible explanations. Without being able to see a person's face and hear the emotion in their voice, it is hard to determine what their true intent is. So I make it easy on myself and determine it all to be good until proven without a doubt to be otherwise.

I hope that Jane is Ingrid and that she will answer questions. I while I have not directly asked questions, there are several good ones here that I would like to see the answers to.

Deonna

Posted by Drive My Car on 08-12-04 at 10:05 AM
Thanks Esbea. Last season some of the cast did post here, so it is definately possible.

"*smooch*"
Posted by Esbea on 08-12-04 at 12:23 PM
Hi Buggy!!! As you well know, we get lots of contestants that come in and post on various forums. (and Id be willing to bet big money that we get more that come in and DONT identify themselves). Im sure there have been people who pretend to be "celebrities", though I cant recall encountering one. The moderators are pretty sharp people with tools at their disposal that probably would make it pretty. darn. hard. for someone to actively do it for long. At which point, Im pretty sure that we wouldnt have to worry about seeing them post ever again.

I know you know all that, but I wanted to say "hi", and wanted to post that, so I just did it all at once.

Posted by RacerX68 on 08-12-04 at 11:12 AM
I didn't mean to start anything here.

I just stated something that, in my opinion, didn't jive between what our Original Jane said and what Tim said on the Spike TV live chat.

I would not dream of calling anyone a liar, when it could certainly be a misunderstanding. Perhaps Tim does have access to the building where his bar will be. And perhaps he, Amanda, and Ingrid all met there and watched the finale together.

Or perhaps not.

They are both possibilities, and everyone here can certainly make up their own mind and act accordingly.

Posted by Deonna on 08-12-04 at 11:36 AM
I don't think anyone has said Hi and welcome. So Hi and Welcome!

You didn't start anything nor did you do anything wrong, you just pointed out a curiosity. As you stated people are free to make up their own minds.

Deonna

Posted by RacerX68 on 08-12-04 at 01:45 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I hope there is a Joe Schmo 3 so I can continue to come here and post!

Posted by RacerX68 on 08-12-04 at 11:18 AM
I would also like to say that while I don't know Ingrid, I don't believe she would be offended by anything that *I* have posted here.

After all, she is a bit of a skeptic herself, right?

Posted by Original Jane on 08-12-04 at 03:22 PM
>I would also like to say
>that while I don't know
>Ingrid, I don't believe she
>would be offended by anything
>that *I* have posted here.
>
>
>After all, she is a bit
>of a skeptic herself, right?
>

Well said! I am not offended. I totally understand the need for people to know and I would hope that you would question someone posing to be me.... That being said, I'm embarrassed to admit that this is really Ingrid and I have nothing better to do with my afternoon then answer the e-mails that ESBEA set up for me.

Thanks for your continued support. Tim, Amanda and I all enjoyed watching the finale together at Tim's bar (the one he works at, Adams Mill Bar and Grill). I have a smashing photo of all of us together behind the bar. Can anyone tell me how I can post it??

Thanks again for watching!

INGRID

"absolutely"
Posted by Esbea on 08-12-04 at 03:25 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-12-04 AT 03:32 PM (EST)

Choose an existing post and click "reply"

over the text field (third line) youll see a hyperlink that says "Click Here to Upload your file" (and , you know, click there)

Youll get a window that will allow you to upload your picture to the sites server. Choose your file type, select the picture you want to upload, and then click "upload file". (it wont accept files larger than 50K)

When the server accepts the file, it will give you a URL. Copy the URL and paste it into the text field of your message, add text if you like, and click "post message"

Posted by erickman on 08-12-04 at 03:27 PM
is spike going to have a mo schmo 2 where you and tim coment on the shows like they did with the 1st schmo.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 08-12-04 at 03:08 PM
>Like I said, theres no way to be 100% sure.
>Is there a Molly to whom Rhiannon should be passing
>along "Jane"s regards? I have my own reasons for believing "Jane".

Yes, there is... but that's all I'm going to say. As I mentioned below, your suspicions are correct, it is the real Ingrid, now hopefully people can get back to this thread's original purpose -- namely giving posters the opportunity to personally ask Ingrid any questions they might have had about the show.

-SB

Posted by Esbea on 08-12-04 at 03:41 PM
Well, sure...if youre the Sumpreme Being of RTW. I *should* have said "theres no way for the average...uhh..schmo....to be 100% sure"

Thanks Webby!

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 08-12-04 at 04:10 PM
>Well, sure...if youre the Sumpreme Being of RTW. I *should*
>have said "theres no way for the average...uhh..schmo....to be 100%
>sure"

To be clear, that "Yes" reply was meant to be a response to your "Is there a Molly to whom Rhiannon should be passing along Jane's regards?" question -- not the "100% sure" comment that proceeded it.

-SB

"Of course!"
Posted by Esbea on 08-12-04 at 05:43 PM
Omnipotent, yet modest......if I wasnt already pretending to be you, Id start.

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 08-12-04 at 02:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-12-04 AT 03:02 PM (EST)

>Before anyone wastes time posting any
>more questions, read back up
>this thread about three posts.
>The only "Schmos" here are
>us.

It's the real Ingrid. And I'm speaking as RTW's webmaster and founder.

Ever think Tim might be working at one bar before opening his own? Or possibly hold a viewing party at his own still-unopened location? (unlike what you might have seen on "The Restaurant," most bars and restaurants aren't opened in under a month) Na... why do that when you can pounce on someone and start throwing baseless allegations around.

-SB

PS Hi Ingrid... it was nice to finally see someone with a clue on one of these shows (no slight intended to the likeable but clueless Tim or Amanda...) Don't worry about the skeptics, they don't bite

Posted by ParadiseLost on 08-13-04 at 03:37 AM
Wow cool! I got a personal response to one of my posts from the founder and webmaster of Reality TV World!

Hey, man, I agree with you - "Survivor" blows! I was never able to get thru more than an episode and a half of that series.

Oh wait... it was an UNFRIENDLY response to my post. Sarcastic and cutting and stuff. Hmm... sarcastic and cutting leaves little room for an apology... it's basically just an attack.

Hey SB, I'm putting in a complaint to the moderators about your post.

No, just kidding, I wouldn't want you to lose your membership.

OK, you said:
Na... why do that when you can pounce on someone and start throwing baseless allegations around.

The allegations were not baseless and in fact the base was clearly stated. The person claiming to be Ingrid said they were meeting at "Tim's bar"; Tim said his bar wasn't open yet on a live chat the next night.

That's not baseless. Your calling my allegations baseless is baseless. And the idea of my pouncing on Ingrid isn't even a subject that should be brought up on this board.

Going by probabilities, there is a larger chance that anyone claiming on the Internet to be a well-known personality is faking it than that it is really them. Yet you act as if it's heinous to doubt anyone making such a claim.

Before I disbelieved Original Jane I believed her - and posted a note to her. I took it in good faith it was Ingrid right off the bat.

I'm not the only person that later suspected we were being duped. And it never occurred to me that Ingrid would call a bar that Tim works in "Tim's bar". It would be like my calling the Meyerhoff Symphony Hall "my symphony hall." So I couldn't think of a benefit of a doubt to give her, until Esbea brought up the possible alternate meanings for "Tim's bar" - it was just hard to get to those after so much talk on the episode and in the chat about him opening his OWN bar.

So, something set some bells going off, like an over-rehearsed speech at an eviction ceremony, and I began to question everything. But I should have challenged her and asked her before I accused her of anything. I've learned from this and I am sorry I prematurely made an accusation before asking. This apology goes first and foremost to Original Jane but includes everyone here. I hope you can forgive me for being overly suspicious and not exploring all the possiblities for what appeared to be a discrepancy.

Original Jane a.k.a. Ingrid Wiese - I feel more like a schmo now than you ever did, or ever needed to. I humbly apologize, hope I didn't offend you too much, and want you to know that my feelings toward you are of nothing but respect, admiration and awe. You rock, girl, and you made "Joe Schmo 2"... well, you made "Joe Schmo 2"!!

PL

"hmmmmm...."
Posted by Esbea on 08-13-04 at 07:57 AM
dude.....DOOOOOOD..... Im thinkin the last three paragraphs would have done you fine.

*munch* *munch* I brought popcorn! Anyone got an over/under on this one?

"RE: hmmmmm...."
Posted by ParadiseLost on 08-13-04 at 11:49 PM
>dude.....DOOOOOOD..... Im thinkin the last three
>paragraphs would have done you
>fine.
>

Had SB's admonishment to me been civil and constructive, the last few paragraphs would have been enough. But instead I was dealing with two issues:
1) An outright attack - him saying I'm a person who would rather accuse - without any justification - than give the benefit of the doubt, when in fact you and I were among the first to welcome Original Jane and give her the benefit of the doubt right off the bat. SB makes a post against his own guidelines - I gotta call him on it.

And his implication that it's horrible to even question someone's identity on the Internet just makes my head spin. He and I apparently live in different worlds.

2) I did indeed accuse Original Jane of not being Ingrid based on the apparent inconsistency of her statements with Tim's. I needed to apologize to her and everyone here for any pain that I caused, and I know I caused some pain. My accusation came out of the feeling of having been duped when I was so trusting from the beginning, and I felt angry.

And if your DOOOOOOOD is because the person I happened to be addressing is the webmaster here, he's just another poster as far as I'm concerned, and subject to the same guidelines forbidding personal attacks as we all are. If he feels that he is above the guidelines, a problem exists.

"RE: hmmmmm...."
Posted by Schnookie Palookie on 08-16-04 at 11:18 PM
Care to share some of that popcorn Esbea

Bananapalooza Tour Schedule

Posted by Esbea on 08-12-04 at 03:45 PM
I read over at SPIKE that you guys were locked in your rooms something like 18 hours a day, and that, during that time, you even had to be escorted to the bathroom. If you shared a room with Amanda, didnt she get suspicious of you getting out for the 2 extra hours you got to spend in the production trailer?

And did you "get" the pearl necklace reference? It was pretty clear that Tim did, but it looked like it went over Amandas head the first time.

Posted by schmoe on 08-13-04 at 01:41 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-13-04 AT 01:41 PM (EST)

I read over at SPIKE that you guys were locked in your rooms something like 18 hours a day, and that, during that time, you even had to be escorted to the bathroom.

Wow, is this true? What would you do for 18 hours a day to fight the boredom?

"To Ingrid"
Posted by Deonna on 08-12-04 at 04:08 PM
Thank-you for taking the time to answer our questions.

Deonna

"Ingrid"
Posted by Drive My Car on 08-12-04 at 11:25 PM
Thanks so much for taking your time to answer our questions, and for checking out the forum.
We love to play with Reality TV here and the Schmoe Show takes that to an artform. A show that bashes the shows.
We appreciate you posting and being so warm and genuine in your responses.

I'd like to personnally thank you and everyone involved with the show, for making me laugh, for entertaining me, for giving Reality TV a dose of truth, and heart. Your show was about deception, but it was done with kindness. I always felt like the Players treated the Played with respect and fooled them without being mean. What a success this show was!

I am going to miss it (especially Tim, he made me smile)

Wishing you well!