URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 137
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"(No spoilers: Safe to read). I have all the results"

Posted by VegasFightWriter on 04-24-05 at 04:54 AM
I now have all the results of all the second-round and semi-final fights. Do you all want to know them or not? I can post them under a thread heavily identified as containing "spoilers." I can just e-mail them to those who want them. Or I can keep them to myself. Ayak, Bebo, anyone: any guidance?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: (No spoilers: Safe to read). I have all the results"
Posted by finalround on 04-24-05 at 05:10 AM
Send it to me

Posted by FFantasyFX on 04-24-05 at 05:44 AM
Probably your best bet would be to post them on a seperate thread clearly marked with a spoiler tag. That way, anyone who wants to know can check out the thread and those that don't can keep away.

The only problem of course is that I would urge people who do check out the information to try and not let the conversation spill out into other threads. Some people do want to be surprised. You have to be careful and not let the information slip out when you post in other threads where people may or may not have seen the information you have seen.

Posted by Superbad on 04-24-05 at 02:49 PM
I agree.

Posted by italianRaz on 04-24-05 at 10:19 PM
please send them to me too.

Posted by volsfan on 04-24-05 at 07:40 AM
I think the results should go into a thread without any heading suggesting any winners and enough fluff to not show any winners in the first paragraph. JMHO!

Posted by pdaj on 04-24-05 at 10:54 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-05 AT 11:51 PM (EST)

Thanks.

Posted by Rebellwyr on 04-24-05 at 11:52 AM
I'm not blaming you for getting the results, but disrespect the douchebags who are giving them to you. And who told them, people present at the actual matches? If they do a season two they are going to have to figure out how to prevent the results of the show from leaking before the show even airs.

Posted by FFantasyFX on 04-24-05 at 01:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-24-05 AT 01:21 PM (EST)

Heh . . . I'm actually curious about the nature of the source myself, but I doubt we'll find out - reporters have to make sure their pools of information don't dry up. Oddly enough, the source seems to be someone connected to the production of the show since they claimed knowledge about the editing/composition of a particular episode (see VFW's Major Spoilers Sunday thread).

Edit: One other thing - spoilers are the bane of almost all other reality shows, and in particular Mark Burnett shows. Burnett seems to have taken a position of ambivalence since it's almost impossible to keep everything under wraps. I sincerely doubt he's going to take any additional measures if there is a second season of The Contender - his philosophy seems to be that those who don't want the show spoiled will simply not seek the information.

Posted by VegasFightWriter on 04-24-05 at 01:57 PM
There are a couple of different sources. One person told me some early results almost as soon as the show wrapped last year. At that time, I was only interested in how Ishe did. Now, because I have watched the show and enjoy it, but will have to miss the next couple of weeks, I went up to the guy when I saw him at Caesars the past couple of days and asked him what else he could tell me. Personally, I'm happy to know, but I don't want to spoil it for everyone, which is why I suggested e-mailing results to those who do want to know.

The boxing community is really small and insular. It is all but impossible to keep a secret. I'm amazed that Burnett and co have done as well as they have. Certainly, the fighters themselves have been scared silent. None of them are giving up anything.

Posted by kay_tin on 04-24-05 at 02:38 PM
I'd like to see you post a message with the results. I second the recommendation of making sure the two finalists names or any results are down into the post far enough that people might not see something they didn't want to see. I'd hate to have you get innundated with email requests, only to then have the spoilers come out in another post that isn't as well marked. Someone is going to have something to say about who is a finalist and who is beat once he/she hears it from you, and it would be only fair to those who don't want to know if that subsequent discussion was kept to a single posting thread.

Thanks for being so considerate and asking for suggestions first!

Posted by Master B on 04-24-05 at 03:28 PM
Thanks for email me!

thats interesting!!

Posted by Rebellwyr on 04-24-05 at 04:08 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-05 AT 02:42 AM (EST)

If anyone has the spoilers please send them to me..still don't have them (midnight PST)

Posted by Da Contenda on 04-24-05 at 04:50 PM
I've been kicking around whether or not I want to know...I'm so tempted, but then again I enjoy watching the show so much every week, and that would take a lot of the suspense out.
Could you just comment on whether or not the finals rumors are true? You don't have to mention the fighters names, but please let me know if the most popular finals rumor is indeed true (I'm sure you know which rumor I'm talking about...been circulating since last fall after the show wrapped). Thanks.

Posted by VegasFightWriter on 04-25-05 at 04:17 AM
How about I e-mail you with the answer to that question, jus to be on the safe side so anyone who has heard that rumor, but doesn't want to know if it's true or not can avoid it?

Sorry to those to whom I have not yet sent info. I flew out of Las Vegas tonight, just returned home and am beat. I will try to sort it all out tomorrow, and decide whether to post a spoiler thread or not. I feel like I'm possession of nuclear material or something: a potential foce for good, but in the wrong hands ...

I got home to find a couple of msgs from my man on the show. I'm filled with dread that EPMB's acolytes have seen my threads and harassed him to see if he's the source (which he isn't).

Posted by KingDavid102077 on 04-24-05 at 04:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-05 AT 09:38 AM (EST)

please email me the results

Posted by pezdispenser on 04-24-05 at 05:29 PM
Please send it to me:

pezdispenser31@hotmail.com

Thank you!

Posted by veryrude on 04-24-05 at 05:34 PM
please send to me as well -- cantankeross@yahoo.com
thanks!

Posted by Screamiv on 04-24-05 at 05:49 PM
send em this way --- Katial718@aol.com

Thanks

"Send them this way as well...."
Posted by MDSkinner on 04-24-05 at 06:17 PM
MDSkinner@hotmail.com

Anyone who gets them, I would dearly love to see the results ahead of time.

"RE: Send them this way as well...."
Posted by Lazt Boy Scout on 04-24-05 at 06:28 PM
albertacosta@socal.rr.com

VegasFightWriter, or ANYONE who's got 'em, I would loooove to see them.

Please!

"RE: Send them this way as well...."
Posted by Balkifparugo on 04-24-05 at 09:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-05 AT 01:16 AM (EST)

VegasFightWriter please send them to me. I usually have to work on Contender night, so I end up missing several episodes. Just need a heads-up so I know who wins and who leaves.

"You know everyone..."
Posted by ARnutz on 04-24-05 at 07:27 PM
You don't have to put your e-mail address on the site. There are little icons in the upper right corner where VFW can send you a private message or an e-mail.

I for one, wouldn't feel comfortable putting my e-mail address on a public message board.

Welcome to the boards everyone!

VFW, I think it's up to you if you want to post it on a spoiler thread (with warnings) or not. Those who don't want to know, don't have to look. Other show forums sometimes have huge spoilers in them. (The more popular shows, like Survivor and TAR even have a separate forum just for spoilers.)

Since this show is fairly new, we don't have a separate forum so it would just have it's own thread.

Posted by dmdpup on 04-24-05 at 09:54 PM
so dude when are you going to emaile the results.

Posted by pdaj on 04-24-05 at 10:16 PM
VegasFightWriter was 100% correct about tonight's results.

I received the e-mail earlier today ..

Very impressed.

Posted by pezdispenser on 04-24-05 at 10:17 PM
Could you forward it to me please?

pezdispenser31@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Posted by Balkifparugo on 04-24-05 at 10:43 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-05 AT 01:15 AM (EST)

VegasFightWriter please send them to me. I usually have to work on Contender night, so I end up missing several episodes. Just need a heads-up so I know who wins and who leaves.

Just pasting this in reply to the bottom-most post here, so VFW can see my msg. Sorry for the annoyance.

Posted by lrlr1 on 04-24-05 at 11:26 PM
Please send me the results. Thanks!

"Answers"
Posted by Bebo on 04-24-05 at 11:26 PM
I think it would be great for you to post the information on the forum. Since we don't have a spoilers forum, you'll want to make sure that the subject line and the first 200 characters of the message do not give anything away, since they show up on the main page and cannot be edited after posting. Your subject line should clearly indicate that you are posting spoilers.

Thanks so much for asking. We appreciate your wanting to handle this properly, instead of just posting whatever you feel like posting even if it's not within our guidelines. And yes, that last sentence was meant to be a hint to some of you out there who are definitely violating the guidelines.

And another piece of advice - anyone who posted their email address in this thread should edit your post. Posting personal information like that can lead to loads of spam.

Posted by Unanimous Decision on 04-25-05 at 00:44 AM
Send spoilers this way...

Posted by Toughy on 04-25-05 at 02:13 AM
i wanna confirm what i already believe is true.Pls send info

Posted by Wighty on 04-25-05 at 03:26 AM
Can you send me the results. I'm based in the UK so we are 3 or episodes behind.

The posts that you have been providing have been great, keep up the good work!

Posted by Wassail99 on 04-25-05 at 04:27 AM
Can you please send me the spoilers? Thanks!

Posted by madkata on 04-25-05 at 04:33 AM
Please send to me too -- thanks!

"OK, I'll set up a thread"
Posted by VegasFightWriter on 04-25-05 at 04:42 AM
I'm being inundated with requests. I was reluctant to set up a thread, because I really don't want people to see the results even accidentally if they don't want to. But I guess I've let the genie out of the bottle now. It's midnight and I just got home after an eight-hour flight, and I'm beat. So tomorrow (Monday) I'll set up a thread with all kinds of bells and whistles and alarms to protect against accidental readings.

"Sounds good"
Posted by AyaK on 04-25-05 at 12:36 PM
Sorry, VFW, I have been on vacation for the past week, and my access was intermittant.

I think your idea of setting up a separate -- and well-notated -- results thread is perfect for this forum.

Posted by cmoneytakemoney on 04-25-05 at 01:33 PM
Can you email me with those dog.

Posted by italianRaz on 04-26-05 at 02:56 PM
can you please send me the results at courvoisiergirl@hotmail.com

thank you!

"Locking"
Posted by AyaK on 04-26-05 at 03:54 PM
VFW posted the results of all the upcoming fights here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID85/158.shtml

So I'm locking this thread.