The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Randy - Gone but not Missed"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

kbrockm 42 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-20-08, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kbrockm Click to send private message to kbrockm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Randy - Gone but not Missed"
Randy's big plan was to act like a jerk so the bigger alliance would all vote for him. How, exactly, would this be different than he's acted all along?

It was SO funny to see the self-satisfied smirks on his and Corinne's faces fade away as they discovered the immunity idol he had was a fake!

Bye-bye, Randy. Good riddance!

--The Reality TV Fan

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed HistoryDetective 11-20-08 1
 WARNING: kbrockm mysticwolf 11-20-08 2
 RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed Cyndimaus 11-21-08 3
   RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed Wacko Jacko 11-21-08 4
       RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed jbug 11-21-08 5
       Bob's vote. Estee 11-21-08 7
           RE: Bob's vote. Wacko Jacko 11-21-08 8
 RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed iltarion 11-21-08 6
   RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed Wacko Jacko 11-21-08 9
   RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed LFJ 11-21-08 10
       RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed jme01 11-21-08 11
           RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed garcor 11-21-08 12
               RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed citywitch 11-22-08 13
   RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed Snidget 11-22-08 14
       RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed LFJ 11-22-08 15
           RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed Snidget 11-22-08 16
               RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed LFJ 11-22-08 17
                   RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed kingfish 11-25-08 20
                       RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed Snidget 11-25-08 21
           RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed garcor 11-22-08 18
   RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed shaneperry 11-25-08 23
 There's Another One that Needs to G... michel 11-24-08 19
 Just for fun kingfish 11-25-08 22
   RE: Just for fun suzzee 11-29-08 27
 RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed vivor 11-27-08 24
 RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed sol 11-28-08 25
 RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed Lou Lou 11-29-08 26
   RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed EmeraldBrooch 12-04-08 28
       RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed jobgirl 12-04-08 29

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-20-08, 09:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
Welcome, kbrockm.

Since you seem to be new to the site, here are a couple of things to keep in mind.

1. Don't post spoilers anywhere except the Spoilers forum. Until the west coast has a chance to see the episode, this is considered a spoiler. We have a live update thread over in the Spoilers forum so people can talk about the current episode.

2. Read the community guidelines for anything else you "officially" need to know about the site and our rules.

3. Have fun! Most of us do not bite.

"We must scrupulously guard the civil rights and civil liberties of all our citizens, whatever their background. We must remember that any oppression, any injustice, any hatred, is a wedge designed to attack our civilization." --- Franklin Delano Roosevelt, 9 January 1940

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-08, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "WARNING: kbrockm"
It is agaist forum rules to post information about a show's results in any forum until the west coast gets a chance to see it for themselves. Doing so may cause your account to be suspended.

Please join the thread for tonight's show currently active in Spoilers.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-21-08, 10:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
We're well past the air time on the West coast so I'll jump in.

I absolutely loved the way tribal council played out. I was so hoping that it would turn out that way. It was priceless! Not only was it a blindside but it was pure entertainment to boot.

And Sugar cracking up the whole time was great. I'm just glad she didn't tip Randy off that something was going on.

I would have to list this as one of my favorite Survivor moments.

This patriotic mouse salutes Sharnina!

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

11-21-08, 11:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
I agree, great moment. I don't think Randy was totally blindsided. He knew as soon as he found out he had a fake Idol he was going. Seemed like Randy was pissed at Bob.

Although I did enjoy Randy from an entertainment aspect. Crystal probably bothers me more although she was hilarious yesterday.

At tribal council it looked like Bob was uncomfortable with what he did. It was weird he still voted for Suzie. The editing was out of whack because of the way they showed Marcus and Charlie. They seemed to give the same reaction to the fake idol as they did with Corine winking at them.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-08, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
I'm sure Bob voted for Susie to try to keep Randy in the dark about his part in the outing. Randy won't know for sure that Bob had made the fake idol. Maybe whoever found the real one made the fake and hid it and Bob found a fake - thinking it was real. If Bob makes it to Final TC, he will want Randy's vote.

Poor Bob. He could have just gone to TC without going along with Sugar's plan - but he was trying to gain a few more days - he knows Sugar has the HII; has he told Corrine?

Marcus & Charlie seemed to be in on the joke - by their expressions. Maybe their expressions were filmed and shown to us out of context - not in the right order of events.
Randy was part of their alliance - so why were they laughing so much at him?

How long are they going to allow Sugar to hold onto the HII before they either force her to use it or blindside her?

My name is Jbug and I'm a shopaholic (Agman is too)

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-08, 12:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Bob's vote."
I think Bob voted for Susie to conceal his actions. If he voted for Randy, then the 6-2 count puts Randy right on him, as he wouldn't immediately believe Corinne would have gone into an alliance-for-a-day to get rid of her last, best hope.

But with Bob voting for Susie, Bob gets to pitch this lie: 'I truly thought it was a real idol. Sugar must have made the fake and left it for me to find.' There are people who can contradict that -- but who is Randy more likely to believe?

11-21-08, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Bob's vote."

>But with Bob voting for Susie,
>Bob gets to pitch this
>lie: 'I truly thought
>it was a real idol.
> Sugar must have made
>the fake and left it
>for me to find.'
>There are people who can
>contradict that -- but who
>is Randy more likely to
>believe?

That would not work because Bob told Sugar that he knew he had the fake immunity. Sugar will either be on the jury and could call him out or Sugar will be in the final three with Bob and could call him out.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

11-21-08, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iltarion Click to send private message to iltarion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
The castaway-playing-a-fake-idol scene is getting old, frankly. This is what? the 3rd time we've seen it? And even when the person who is humiliated truly deserves it, as has been the case every time (coincidence? or editing?), I still end up fast forwarding thru the majority of TC. It is uncomfortable to watch people humiliated in this manner, even an obnoxious jerk like Randy. I can't say I enjoyed it. That's just me. What exactly was Sugar laughing about? The first two times were somewhat comical because the two people involved should have known better. This was not the case here. Anyone would have taken Bob's faux-idol as the real thing, especially in the circumstances Randy was in. I understand completely anyone having a big smile of satisfaction over seeing Randy get booted in that fashion, but laughing about his humiliation makes those people about as bad as Randy, at least in that moment.

>

11-21-08, 01:54 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
>The castaway-playing-a-fake-idol scene is getting old,
>frankly. This is what? the
>3rd time we've seen it?
>And even when the person
>who is humiliated truly deserves
>it, as has been the
>case every time (coincidence? or
>editing?), I still end up
>fast forwarding thru the majority
>of TC. It is uncomfortable
>to watch people humiliated in
>this manner, even an obnoxious
>jerk like Randy. I can't
>say I enjoyed it. That's
>just me. What exactly was
>Sugar laughing about? The first
>two times were somewhat comical
>because the two people involved
>should have known better. This
>was not the case here.
>Anyone would have taken Bob's
>faux-idol as the real thing,
>especially in the circumstances Randy
>was in. I understand completely
>anyone having a big smile
>of satisfaction over seeing Randy
>get booted in that fashion,
>but laughing about his humiliation
>makes those people about as
>bad as Randy, at least
>in that moment.

I think that is while Bob's expression told it all. I think he felt bad for making Randy look like an #####. Bob I thought was in good terms with Randy.

Personally I like the fake idol thing. It was funny last time with the stick and then funny again with Bob's Idol. The producers even took all the suspense out of Randy getting eliminated instead replacing it with suspense of seeing the reaction at tribal.

LFJ 363 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-21-08, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
Hey Iltarion,

I agree completely with your post re: Randy's humiliation at TC.

He is obviously a man who has seen the dark side of human nature once too often, or he wouldn't have behaved in the way he did. I believe I read that he preferred the company of his dog to that of his only living relative - a brother?

The performance of the "tribe" last night only serves to prove him right in his assessment of, and underlying discomfort with people in general.

jme01 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-21-08, 04:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jme01 Click to send private message to jme01 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
Randy:

Peanuts and beer - $180

Spagetti and bread - $220

Cookies for the tribe - $20

The look on his face when the idol hit the fire -

PRICELESS!

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-21-08, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
Found it both funny and a little uncomfortable. Randy mostly deserved it for considering everyone but himself and his allies idiots. Still felt bad for him because of the very clear malice behind much of the laughter.

citywitch 250 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-22-08, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail citywitch Click to send private message to citywitch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
Found it both funny and a little uncomfortable

agree completely. Randy absolutely deserved what he got, and after all he had created all the malice aimed at him - with his sneering, his cutting remarks, his juvenile stuffing reward pastries in his mouth taunting the losing tribe. but I guess that just as it was uncomfortable to watch all of his malicious actions it was just as uncomfortable to watch that maliciousness returned. karma's a #$*$%, either way.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-08, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
Yeah, it does say that all those that knew the idol was fake being unable to hold in the giggle fits does says something about them.

However, given Randy's need to rub it in the faces of those he didn't like and lord over everyone when he was in a good position...I can understand how they might not be able to hold a poker face and wait until they got back to camp to enjoy giving him a bit of the comeuppance he has been desperately asking for.

If you are going to play the bully-boy and work so hard to burn everyone and everything around you, it isn't that reasonable to expect everyone to be sad at your departure or just hand the game to you.

11-22-08, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LFJ Click to send private message to LFJ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
LAST EDITED ON 11-22-08 AT 01:08 PM (EST)

Have you ever known someone, so desperately afraid of not being liked by anyone, that they do everything in their power to be disliked? The self-fulfilling prophecy. They give themselves an excuse for not being liked - they are obnoxious.

They are afraid of being nice and trying to fit in with everyone, and still being rejected.

That is (or was) Randy.

(edited for spelling)

11-22-08, 03:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
A lot of us have all sorts of dysfunctional ways of dealing with other people.

Doesn't mean that everyone else always will be (or should be) totally mature and never, ever, vengeful about whichever version of obnoxiousness one inflicts on everyone else.

While I can understand one of my tormentors in school musta had all kinds of personal problems I really can't feel that bad about the time I kicked the devil out of his shins. Somehow that worked so much better than all the mature, oh look how sad you are, above it all stuff everyone told me would make him stop.

11-22-08, 04:45 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
Hmmm. Shin-kicking. An interesting method of conflict resolution. Probably guaranteed to work with nine year old children (the functional age of the majority of the "Survivors").

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-08, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
Shin Kicking works. Condescension, not so much.

Also (my personal fav.) - the reliable old nose punch. Hit them square on the nose and they will have to deal with a river of blood. Not you. This will work with conflict at any age.

11-25-08, 11:04 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
Unfortunately reality tv usually has some no hitting clause so unless you can get tied to them in a challenge and "just accidentally" ram them into logs you have to find some other way to give them a comeuppance.

garcor 432 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-22-08, 10:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail garcor Click to send private message to garcor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
Have to add that part of why Randy was acting even worse than usual was in an attempt to blindside Suzie which would reduce his alliance's numbers disadvantage. If they could then add Matty they would have a numbers advantage.

shaneperry 45 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-08, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shaneperry Click to send private message to shaneperry Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
Randy deserved everything he got. He's just a bigoted obnoxious fool. i'm glade he was blindsided.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-08, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "There's Another One that Needs to Go"
Any discussion about what Randy deserved should include Sugar's voting confessional: “You are a disgusting, old, hot-headed, chauvinistic, alcoholic bigot and you need to grow up before you die alone and a loser.”

Did he kill her first born? I knew what to expect from Randy but I didn't know this about Sugar. Pure hatred like that is always ugly.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-08, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "Just for fun"
And yes, DAWishness. But this seems to fit here, so....

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID1/3882.shtml#11

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-29-08, 09:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Just for fun"
Your DAWship, I bow & giggle at your prose.

Agman camouflaged me for S17

vivor 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-27-08, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vivor Click to send private message to vivor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
Yea, it was hilarious seeing Randy kinda getting confident, thinking he had the real idol but it was fake.

I can't lie, a lot of times the jackasses on Survivor are funny but Randy was neither funny nor an appealing figure to have as an antagonist cause he just seemed real rude all the time and was never really funny about it.

If I were them, I'd probably have gotten pissed off at him too. I mean at least a guy like Johnny Fairplay was funny lol.

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-28-08, 12:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sol Click to send private message to sol Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
I admit, I walk on the other side of the street from most people ... I liked Randy. I also liked Hatch, Boston Rob, JFP, and Jonathan, could accept Shane, didn't much care for Rocky, and disliked Stephenie, Rupert and Amanda.

Randy said ... more than once ... if you get me you're okay with me, if you don't get me you'll run home to momma.

I dunno, maybe I 'got him', and I wish he was still there. But I guess a million bucks wasn't enough to make him want to become friends with a bunch of people he had no use for ... and considering the quality of persons of most that are left, I agree with him. I fear my other favorite this season will be next to go.

But then, they are just characters on a TV show ... edited to tell a story.

BTW, I agree with Michels comment earlier.

Lou Lou 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-29-08, 08:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lou%20Lou Click to send private message to Lou%20Lou Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
Randy came on Survivor with excess baggage. He stuck out like a sore thumb. He had a really big mouth & a bully attitude. I was really surprised he didn't blow up when he got voted out. I am still snickering what a great play that was.

EmeraldBrooch 95 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

12-04-08, 00:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail EmeraldBrooch Click to send private message to EmeraldBrooch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
I really disliked Randy because of how he was acting. Whether it was editing or not, the man stated that he hated everyone. Actually, I am damn near convinced the man is blatantly racist, if you look at who he seemed to hate the most, and how he was calling Crystal and GC gang leaders. That comment just seemed so out of line.

He was definitely one of those who could not handle not being in control of each and every aspect of everything. While mean, he definitely deserved to go the way he did, being humiliated and given a small taste of his own medicine. No matter how he lost and got on the jury, he'd still hate the person who "put him there" and his vote wouldn't matter anyway.

I'm not surprised he and Corinne got along. They are both so closed minded and unintelligent. If they REALLY had wanted this plan to be great, they would have put down the name of someone much higher ranking in that separate alliance, like Matty or Crystal. Their vote was entirely based on a stupid grudge.

jobgirl 32 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-08, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jobgirl Click to send private message to jobgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Randy - Gone but not Missed"
Don't forget that the editors wanted you to dislike Randy; he must have had some redeeming qualities because Marcus, Charlie, and Matty also liked Randy.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •