URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID79
Thread Number: 571
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Jillian and the caffiene scandal"

Posted by flystorms on 11-13-13 at 11:51 AM
So what did you all think of the "rule breaking" last night that seemed to be controvrsial? Do you think the producers did it as a technicality to bring Studdard back? But wouldn't that be at the expense of the guy on Jill's team? Seems pretty fishy to me. Good for her for standing by her thoughts on this one.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Jillian and the caffiene scandal"
Posted by udg on 11-14-13 at 01:19 AM
I felt bad for Jillian's team, but I don't think it was a conspiracy to bring Ruben back. I was disappointed that they did bring him back. I was OK with him leaving when he did, because I felt like he has the resources to do this on his own.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

Posted by CSHS79 on 11-14-13 at 02:09 PM
I think the so called "scandal" was merely an excuse to bring Ruben back. Had anyone else been sent home instead of Ruben nothing would've been said. After all, I doubt this was the first season Jillian gave her contestants caffeine supplements.Not to mention caffeine supplements don't do anything to help a contestant loose weight merely keep them awake to exercise longer.

Posted by Starshine on 11-19-13 at 07:09 AM
From what I read the amount of caffeine involved in the supplements is less than in a Starbucks coffee, so I suppose this is natural vs artificial argument

Posted by jbug on 11-15-13 at 11:17 AM
So I'm not the only one thinking it was a way to bring Ruben back.

Did I miss the explanation as to why it had been 2 weeks since they last weighed?

"Blue Team"
Posted by CSHS79 on 11-16-13 at 12:08 PM
I think they meant it was 2 weeks since Blue Team's weight counted.
In some cases when a team has immunity they coast but Blue was busting butt anyway.

Posted by udg on 11-16-13 at 08:17 PM
I thought they were saying they were voiding last week's weigh-in (Caffeine Gate) and counting percentages from 2 weeks ago.

Posted by featherfish81 on 11-19-13 at 02:21 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

But it's interesting that this is the first season that this happened. Did the doctors decide this year that caffeine supplements were no longer okay? Or is it just that she gave them to the contestants without asking the doctors first? It seemed kind of odd. Though the good thing is that Jillian's team would have lost anyway, without the four pound penalty. But if they were voiding the last week's weigh-in, should they have brought Ruben back to weigh in again???

Posted by udg on 11-19-13 at 01:17 PM
I think it was viewed as her "prescribing" supplements without the doctor's OK. There's always the potential for abuse or adverse reactions, so I'm sure the show wants a doctor to approve everything for liability reasons.

Posted by udg on 11-20-13 at 00:32 AM
After the show spent an entire segment on Ruben's singing tonight, I may have changed my mind about the producers looking for an excuse to bring him back. That was obnoxious.