URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID37
Thread Number: 1942
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"April 13. 2017"

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 04-13-17 at 09:32 PM
The previews suggest we will see a lot of drama!

I can't wait.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: April 13. 2017"
Posted by LTLer on 04-13-17 at 10:20 PM
Karma does play a big part of the race.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 04-13-17 at 10:20 PM
Teams are sent to Zanzibar but have a double U-Turn to deal with.

Shamir is not a pussy, the women show more guts than him. He is a wuss complains about his junk at the end of the last race, and later when he has to walk in some water and mud needs his partner to keep moving.

Posted by LTLer on 04-13-17 at 10:43 PM
Did Shamir think he was going on a cruise? He complains about everything.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 04-13-17 at 10:38 PM
Teams have two different tasks, weave two baskets from palm leaves. A local man climbs the palms to get fresh leaves, but then while he is still on camera he insists on doing different stunts at the same time. He is very funny.

The other task is to build desks for a local school, after they deliver the desks they have to learn some local phrases.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 04-13-17 at 10:41 PM
Next they have to go to a local market and buy items for dinner, but many items have different names than what I know them by.

It also looks like some of the locals are cheating them on the items and charging them too much.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 04-13-17 at 10:42 PM
Pitsyop is the top of a hotel in Zanzibar.

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 04-13-17 at 11:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-17 AT 09:17 AM (EST)

Sorry for the short review, I will replay the leg and fill in some details.

"So, is Shamir good for anything in this game?"
Posted by kingfish on 04-14-17 at 09:32 PM

"Oh, I scraped my thumb! Look at this camera man, it hurts so bad!"

"Oh no, I have bleeding balls, call me an ambulance!" Then returning to the game with no apparent injury.

Then after the leg, conducting a continuing dialog about how bad he was hurt.

"I'm no good at carpentry, my sister always puts my Ikea furniture together for me."

"RE: So, is Shamir good for anything in this game?"
Posted by CTgirl on 04-14-17 at 10:38 PM
Why are reality TV contestants named Shamir such jerks?!

Posted by Earl Colby Pottinger on 04-17-17 at 10:04 PM
What get me is the winners of this leg are the same winners of the previous leg and both I and my friend who watches The Amazing Race thought they would be weak players and would be out in the first few legs.

Goes to show what happens if you judge a person from just their looks ... silly me, I should know better.

Posted by kingfish on 04-18-17 at 08:45 AM
Understandable after watching Red Beard trying his hand at archery then at canoeing, and their interactions. They were pitiful.

Apparently that carpentry task was right up his alley. I think that it's going to be a different story when they have to do stuff that he doesn't have training in. Hopefully for them she will be able to step up, but I still don't see them going far.