The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-13-09, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
Last week got a lot of traffic, so I'll start one this week, too. I'll be over on American Idol doing some play by play and I've too much else to DVR to really get much of the Biggest Loser. Which is sad because I'm really interested in this season.

Anywho, I thought I'd start the thread, I can do this if there is enough interest when I start up the AI thread or if someone else wants to take it over, or peeps just want to let it die off, I'm easy.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 What? jbug 01-13-09 1
 RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST taffnic 01-13-09 2
 RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST Ahtumbreez 01-14-09 3
   RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST jbug 01-14-09 6
   RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST samboohoo 01-14-09 7
       RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST nap_time 01-14-09 16
       RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST suzzee 01-14-09 33
   RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST aquariaqueen 01-14-09 19
 RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST samboohoo 01-14-09 4
   RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST Ahtumbreez 01-14-09 12
       RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST samboohoo 01-14-09 14
           RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST Ahtumbreez 01-14-09 23
       RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST mtopaz 01-14-09 25
           RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST zazzy 01-15-09 35
       RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST brvnkrz 01-15-09 36
 RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST jbug 01-14-09 5
   RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST samboohoo 01-14-09 8
       RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST Ahtumbreez 01-14-09 13
           RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST samboohoo 01-14-09 18
 Also, About Joelle samboohoo 01-14-09 9
 RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST TVFreak 01-14-09 10
   RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST Ahtumbreez 01-14-09 11
       RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST jbug 01-14-09 15
   RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST aquariaqueen 01-14-09 20
 RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST nap_time 01-14-09 17
   RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST jbug 01-14-09 21
       RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST LostAddict 01-14-09 22
           RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST Ahtumbreez 01-14-09 24
   RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST SuperClyde 01-14-09 26
       Tara moonbaby 01-14-09 28
       RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST Ahtumbreez 01-14-09 30
 RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST Cyndimaus 01-14-09 27
   RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST MKitty 01-14-09 31
 RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST mtopaz 01-14-09 29
   RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST zazzy 01-15-09 37
 RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST warp_core breach 01-14-09 32
   RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST zazzy 01-15-09 38
 Geek alert Snidget 01-14-09 34
   RE: Geek alert Ahtumbreez 01-15-09 41
       RE: Geek alert jbug 01-15-09 42
           RE: Geek alert agman 01-15-09 45
 RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST zazzy 01-15-09 39
   RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST Starshine 01-15-09 40
       RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST Cyndimaus 01-15-09 44
   RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST aquariaqueen 01-15-09 43
   RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST nap_time 01-17-09 46

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-09, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "What?"
AI starts tonight? I had no idea!
I'll still be watching TBL tho.

Will you be mine? Ok, get in line behind Agman.....

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

taffnic 5085 desperate attention whore postings

01-13-09, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
Any comments that can be posted during the show would be much appreciated. I'm at work and can't watch it. Would like to know what's happening before I get a chance to watch it tomorrow. Thanks in advance for any info.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-09, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-09 AT 08:59 AM (EST)

Gawd, where to start!

I still think they should have kept the 9 for longer than a week. When the big kid that went home thought 2 hot dogs, an order of french fries and a water was healthy eating I got mad at BL for sending them home so soon!

Why did Joelle want to stay instead of her partner if she has that attitude? Her friend is going to kick her butt. Makes me think the producers had a hand in who stayed and who went home. Because I know the friend wanted to stay and she would have done so much better.

Everytime it showed on the blonde mom I thought of the jail pic of her kid.

I cried - I wanted neither the kid (still can't remember his name) nor Jerry to leave! Damn that 1 lb penalty. I wish they'd get rid of stuff like that.

I was really surprised that the kid had only a 3 lb weight loss.

Jerry and his wife looked great in the at home piece. Especially Jerry.

Agman took me to the islands

etc ##### to butt because I hate ###

01-14-09, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
Every time I see the blond mom I hope she makes it to the make-over week. She really needs a make-over! (honestly I could use one too, but I'm not on national tv )

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-09, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
I just said something about Joelle below. The only thing I can think of after watching Carla at home is that they as a team didn't trust Joelle to do it at home. Joelle said it herself last night that she is still living with her mother. I get the impression Joelle is not independent. I think she NEEDS the ranch. It's just a matter of getting her to take advantage of it.

Carla, on the other hand, seemed to be living in a mansion. Did you notice that?

LOL I was a little ###### surprised at that ###### outburst, and I loved it when he said he was posessed by Jillian Michaels.

nap_time 177 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

01-14-09, 09:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
That was my favorite line from the night! (posessed by Jillian) Jillian's expressions when Bob had his "f" fit was priceless!

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-14-09, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
I did notice that beautiful house, I loved it. I almost wish they would have showed the house and less of her.

In yo' face. (thx Tribe)

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-14-09, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
Damn that 1
>lb penalty. I wish
>they'd get rid of stuff
>like that.

I agree, there should only be 1 lb penalties if you choose a luxury item or choose something from a food challenge. Not for coming in last. I loved how they helped him, he didn't give up! And he crossed the finish line. It's too early to be punished like that.

01-14-09, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
I watched. I can honestly say I like everyone there, so I have a feeling these eliminations are going to be so heart-wrenching.

Joelle irritated me. Not as much as she did Bob, but she still did. But I will say that I can appreciate her plight just a little. Yes, she should have known what she was doing. But I think she really is the one of that group who needs the ranch.
Also, I consider myself pretty athletic. And even though I have gained weight and been slack in the five years after pregnancy, I still knew what it wsa like to workout. Then I hired my first trainer, and I remember feeling the same thing during that first workout. So I appreciate that.

Tis the season.

01-14-09, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
I agree she needs it more, but I want to shake her because she's being freaking selfish. She has a partner at home relying on her to bring her back and she's having a hard time deciding on whether to take the money or not?! Can't finish 30 seconds on the treadmill?! has enough breathe to argue with Bob but not enough to finish?! Grrr, she made me mad. And....from the previews it seems like she didn't learn anything this week, I hope that's not the case.

I hope she's one of the big success stories this year, kind of like Michelle last season. I was sooo tired of Michelle's backstory but wound up liking her. Hopefully Joelle will be a Michelle for me. I don't like not liking someone on BL.

Jillian cracked me up when she said she liked everyone on her team and that didn't happen often. And then with Bob's possessed comment. Whee- fun times.

Yes, her partner has an awesome house.

01-14-09, 09:40 AM (EST)
14. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
I agree with you. I curse and swear a lot during workouts. A lot. There was a time when Kevian (combo Kevin with Jillian) had me doing this thing on the ball where I had to move the ball across the room with my hands and feet. And I couldn't do it. I think he doubted me, but at least it wasn't an @@@@@ rant. We both just kind of laughed about it.

Tis the season.

01-14-09, 11:17 AM (EST)
23. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
In my mind I now have you pictured perched on a ball on tippytoes and tippyfingers inching a ball across a room.

how else would you move a ball except for hands and feet?

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-14-09, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
Yes, Joelle was irritating last night, but yet I felt for her. I think she needed to be screamed at to break through her protective habit of saying what she thinks people want to hear, while not really doing anything different. Bob freaked out because he was talking to a wall, so he finally lost it and maybe he started a crack in her wall. I hope so -- because otherwise she'll never be successful in getting healthy.

As to her being tempted by the money - I could feel for her. I wouldn't put her down for thinking, "Wow, $25,000 is a LOT of money." I think she said that $15,000 was more than she made in the past two years (?!), so her honest response that she was tempted was understandable to me. I'm glad she fought it off. Short term gain, but it would be gone too fast with nothing to show for it, and she'd be back at her mom's house.

And yes, I did marvel at her friend's house! And I loved her attitude, dancing away in her living room

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

zazzy 4390 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-15-09, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
Joelle's edit seemed like she deserved the edit because we saw so many others being resentful of her.

It had me wondering, though, how many 350lb women has Bob trained? And if he had had Jerry on his team would he have had Jerry doing 30 second sprints at 6.5 mph in week two? I'm not a trainer so I don't know what someone that large or that old/medically challenged can do/what their limits are.

Yet, we saw the much younger Dan at 400+ lbs doing sprints for Jillian...how old is Joelle?

In any event, Joelle was fearful that she could not do it and was afraid to fail--imo. Is this season as much about the challenge for Bob as it is the challenge for Joelle?

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-09, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
Other than the big twist it felt like TBL days of old and I'm glad. I like liking everybody (except Joelle) and I liked that so far they all have the right idea and attitude about why they are there. I'm rooting for the kid. I would ahve voted Jerry off for the same reasons. That kid needs to be there in order to have a full life ahead of him.

Tribe made me gay

01-14-09, 09:00 AM (EST)
5. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
Ok, so I ended up watching most of AI with DH; taping TBL and then watching the whole thing in about 40 minutes - by fast forwarding thru most of it LOL.

I did watch Bob go nuclear on Joelle. That was funny - especially Jillian and her team watching too.

It seemed unfair that Joelle wasn't in the bottom 2 - apparently everyone was ready to send her packing. But when you think about it, Jerry going home and being successful was much more likely than Joelle doing same. So tho Joelle doesn't seem to work as hard as others, she really does need to be there - she needs to be pushed.

Poor Jerry could barely walk up to & down from the scales! Poor guy - he was hurting!

The young guy? Really has to stay there. I just don't see him sticking to a diet or ex routine at home. Didn't I see his partner eating hot dogs & fries - and saying something about finding stuff acceptable to his diet? Just goes to show he wasn't on the ranch long enough to learn what he needed to learn.

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

01-14-09, 09:08 AM (EST)
8. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
I just said the same thing about Joelle.

The young guy, Dave. I have thought about his meal as well. I agree it was horrible, but I wonder if he would have normally eaten 6 hot dogs vs. 2.

Tis the season.

01-14-09, 09:37 AM (EST)
13. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
I think he would have had a table full of food and did think 2 hotdogs was a good meal. I just hope he gets back to the ranch so he can learn what a healthy meal really is because it doesn't look like his family is going to be really supportive.

01-14-09, 10:12 AM (EST)
18. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
I know, and that's so sad. I think he's going to be one who needs small food changes like white to wheat and french fries to sweet potatoes. Beef to turkey. Poor kid.

Tis the season.

01-14-09, 09:11 AM (EST)
9. "Also, About Joelle"
1. I commend her for not taking the $25k.

2. I commend her for not walking out of the Last Chance Workout. I think it would have been very easy for her to say, "I'm done, I don't need this." I remember Jillian kicking someone out of the gym before - maybe two someones: Neil (white team) two years ago and Amy C. last year. So I commend her.

Tis the season.

TVFreak 189 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-09, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail TVFreak Click to send private message to TVFreak Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
I love this season's group! Such a contrast from last season's back-stabbing, game-playing group.

These people really seem to care about one another. When some of them came back down the 'mountain' to push/pull Daniel to the top, I had tears in my eyes. It was really nice of Tara to give her phone call to Filipe so that he could call his family. And, during the weigh in, they all seem to be genuinely happy or disappointed for the others.

I felt terrible for all of them when deciding who to vote for. Daniel really does need it. Woo Hoo for Jerry and his wife. They look great! I will definitely keep watching, occasionally flipping the channel to AI.

01-14-09, 09:30 AM (EST)
11. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
I agree with you on all of them liking each other. So refreshing from last season! If it had been IckyVicky giving her phone call away I would have yelled "gameplay!" and ragged on her about not loving her kids *snort With Tara I totally think she did it for the reason she stated.

01-14-09, 09:45 AM (EST)
15. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
oops..... I'll have to go back to watch that part - I really did FF thru all the phone call stuff...

01-14-09, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
I agree, I think there is true commoradarie among them. It's very refreshing.

01-14-09, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nap_time Click to send private message to nap_time Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
I am so glad that Daniel didn't get sent home last night. I was in tears as he came in last in the challenge. It was great that he didn't give up and the others showed support by going back down and helping him up. As others have stated, he needs to stay.
This season is very different from last. I am glad to see the support and caring between both teams. I was impressed with Bob's team during the decision time. I think it was the brown team's dad that made the comment that Daniel needed to stay. They could have easily gone with game play and gotten rid of Daniel because he was the biggest threat with the most weight to lose.
It was sad to see Jerry go, but he looked great at home.
Tara is still my favorite! Not so crazy about Joelle.

01-14-09, 10:28 AM (EST)
21. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
If Bob lost it that much with Joelle.....
can you imagine what Jillian would have done if Joelle was on her team?

by Agman

LostAddict 420 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-14-09, 11:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LostAddict Click to send private message to LostAddict Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
She wouldn't have wasted her time on Joelle. I think she would have kicked her out of the gym long before she lost it that much.

01-14-09, 11:21 AM (EST)
24. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
Agreed, but it was fun to watch Zen Master Bob lose it You could really see him struggle to get the calm back.

SuperClyde 83 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

01-14-09, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SuperClyde Click to send private message to SuperClyde Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
Yes, Joelle was infuriating, especially when Carla was sweating across her house, enjoying every minute of it. However, in Joelle's defense, she DID take all the criticism on the chin. When she found out she was safe, she seemed genuinely embarrassed, as if she knew she didn't deserve it. She never bad-mouthed Bob, and she eventually did do the 30 seconds. I hope it's a wake-up call. She does seem like a nice person who needed to get her butt kicked to start improving herself.

And for Tara, Tara, Tara...
What can I say? She's beautiful. She pushes herself, comes from 3rd place to win the challenge. She helped Dan up the mountain and congratulated Blaine (her biggest competitor in that challenge) for helping him with her. She gives away her phone call... I agree that there are a TON of great personalities, and I find myself cheering for all of them, but Tara... sigh... I'm in love.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-09, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "Tara"
for the win! She's awesome.

01-14-09, 02:05 PM (EST)
30. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
I wish Joelle had had to show her vote lastnight. I would have liked to hear what she said to the person she voted for. My opinion may have changed, or not.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-14-09, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
Yup, I agree with you guys about Joelle. I hate to see someone not give it their all when they are thousands of people who would love to be in her place. I do hope she turns it around and becomes healthy physically and mentally. Maybe this is what she needs to jump start her life. I do hope she feels quite guilty about not working hard when she saw she wasn't under the yellow line simply because of the one pound pass. (I, like you guys, hate that type of thing...let them fall or rise due to their own real loss not game play)

I was so very glad that Jerry did well at home. Looks like he and his wife will have many more years together.

It was good that everyone thought about Danny and how badly he needed to stay on the ranch. It really is about life and death with him and not the money. I'm glad everyone saw that and kept him there. I can't wait to see the thin, healthy Danny at the end of the season!

I think the best part about Bob's blow-up with Joelle was Jillian's reaction to it!

Sigs by Cyg

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-14-09, 04:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
Yeah, that was priceless wasn't it??? Jillian's reaction...too funny!

I was so glad that Dan stayed on the ranch. But only down two pounds..yikes...let's hope he pulls double digits for next week!

Joelle...holy cow...what a whiner. I think she should have taken the money and ran...seriously...she can hire a trainer for a good while with that money!!

Tribe manga'd my mug

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-14-09, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
Just a few thoughts:

1. The take the money and run challenge: Hmmm, do you think the producers were irritated by some of last season's contestants, who were clearly there more for the money than to really change their lives. Or in the alternative, heard from enough of the show's fans about how irritated they were with Icky and Brady's gameplaying? Maybe they hoped to smoke out any contestants that might have some of that same sort of motivation this time around?

2. As others have mentioned, this time around the contestants really do seem supportive of each other; and not just in it to win it. They seem to want to stay as long as they can, in order to change their lives and become healthier, and the money would be a nice bonus. I like the friendly rivalry between Tara and (can't remember his name, Black Team guy in the kayak). I love how competitive Tara is and how she throws herself into it.

3. Really liked how team members went back down the hill to help the young kid make it the final stretch. He has a great attitude and good on him for just continuing to put one foot in front of the other.

4. Bob and his f-bombs!!! Holy smokes, I thought he was going to burst a vein in his head! As I said above, I think Joelle has developed lots of ways to deflect criticism and comments, a mode of self-defense. By agreeing with what the other person is saying, you diffuse the situation and they leave you alone. Except that it doesn't actually change your behavior and it won't work here at the Ranch, with people constantly calling you on it, people heavier than you giving it their all. I think that barrier has to be broken down before she can change -- so I hope some cracks are forming. I like her, even though she was irritating last night. I want her to do well.

5. I laughed so hard when one of the Black team said that Jillian was the scariest person he's ever met, and way scarier than any of his football coaches - roflmao!!!

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

01-15-09, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zazzy Click to send private message to zazzy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
"4. ... As I said above, I think Joelle has developed lots of ways to deflect criticism and comments, a mode of self-defense. By agreeing with what the other person is saying, you diffuse the situation and they leave you alone. Except that it doesn't actually change your behavior and it won't work here at the Ranch, with people constantly calling you on it, people heavier than you giving it their all. I think that barrier has to be broken down before she can change -- so I hope some cracks are forming. I like her, even though she was irritating last night. I want her to do well."

Great insight about Joelle--the self defense thing and how she has learned to use it to diffuse situations. Bob and the whole "words" thing--this is a growth opp for Bob as well as Joelle, lol.

warp_core breach 469 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-14-09, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail warp_core%20breach Click to send private message to warp_core%20breach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
Yay! The Biggest Loser is back!! Let's hope that the Icky season never repeats itself! It was great to have tears in my eyes again last night. Last season it was clenched fists and swearing! I too like how everyone is supportive. I also appreciated how they came to a decision to keep Dan... because he needs to be there. It would have been easier to get rid of the threat. What a classy bunch of people - even Joelle.

Wonder if the people who received phone calls home thought it was a lame prize?? (*flips the bird to Icky*)

Siggie courtesy of Seana

01-15-09, 09:47 AM (EST)
38. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
Wasn't that because she and her hubby had already touched base with their kids via video or phone? LOL.

It is different having a family member/loved one there, too. The ache is not as strong as when you are there all alone.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-09, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Geek alert"
So I went on wiki and started playing with some numbers and graphs.

Here are a couple of them that I though were a bit interesting. Let me know if you want more next week.

01-15-09, 11:16 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Geek alert"
You're such a nerd *smooch

01-15-09, 11:22 AM (EST)
42. "RE: Geek alert"
But she's our nerd and we lurve her, right?

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

01-15-09, 01:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
45. "RE: Geek alert"
Absolutely

01-15-09, 09:48 AM (EST)
39. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
LAST EDITED ON 01-15-09 AT 10:09 AM (EST)

I'm trying to decide if the change in this season is because of Tara's leadership--she's the one who went to help Dan first, then Blaine followed.

She's the one who offered her phone call. Wonder what it would have been like for her and Vicky and Heba to have been on the same show. Would she have brought out their better side(s)?

ETA: since Tara had immunity...could she have water loaded just a tad bit to help her have a good number next week? They wear that Body buddy thing so they have a good idea of calories taken in and energy expended for the week...so she could have projected what her weight loss could have been and tanked up with 32 oz of water or so before the weight in...?

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-15-09, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
Hows about they drag them into the weighing room, then make them stand there with the sound of waterfalls for two hours before weighing them?

Something or Other

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-15-09, 01:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
*snort*

Great idea!

sig courtesy of Cygnus

01-15-09, 12:38 PM (EST)
43. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
Wonder what
>it would have been like
>for her and Vicky and
>Heba to have been on
>the same show. Would
>she have brought out their
>better side(s)?

That was awfully kind of you to insinuate that Vicky just might have a better side!!!

01-17-09, 01:02 PM (EST)
46. "RE: BIggest Loser 7 Ep2 ECST"
I hope that Tara didn't water up... I could see why she would, but I hope she didn't.
Since she had such a high number the first week, (21 lbs) was she due for a smaller amount of weight loss? Dan and Jerry both had very large numbers the first week too and they were low as well this week.
Guess we will never really know. (Although I like the idea of the waterfall and treadmill right before the weigh in! )

My 1st Agman original! ~Thanks~

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •