The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Episode 10"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

MPVLOST 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-25-08, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MPVLOST Click to send private message to MPVLOST Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Episode 10"
I was jumping for joy and nearly screaming when Renee and Michelle both smashed the 4 blue team members numbers at the weigh in.

One thing about this show that really bothers me is the misleading promos as they go into commercials.

When Ed was weighing in, they cut to commercial showing bob putting his hands over his face, but when they came back from commercials and the reveal was shown, bob never put his hands over his face.

It seems like they do that every week. They show things that are supposedly coming up, that never happen.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Episode 10 KoalaChick 11-25-08 1
   RE: Episode 10 MPVLOST 11-25-08 2
       RE: Episode 10 catsnotkids 11-26-08 3
 RE: Episode 10 ShellyMay 11-26-08 4
   RE: Episode 10 samboohoo 11-26-08 5
       RE: Episode 10 jbug 11-26-08 8
           RE: Episode 10 samboohoo 11-26-08 15
               RE: Episode 10 aquariaqueen 11-26-08 18
 RE: Episode 10 samboohoo 11-26-08 6
   "Team" voting solution newsomewayne 11-26-08 10
       RE: "Team" voting solution samboohoo 11-26-08 14
 RE: Episode 10 jbug 11-26-08 7
   RE: Episode 10 samboohoo 11-26-08 13
       RE: Episode 10 aquariaqueen 11-26-08 19
   RE: Episode 10 trigirl 11-26-08 28
 Thanksgiving? jbug 11-26-08 9
   RE: Thanksgiving? newsomewayne 11-26-08 11
       RE: Thanksgiving? samboohoo 11-26-08 12
   RE: Thanksgiving? aquariaqueen 11-26-08 20
   RE: Thanksgiving? realitycoholic 11-30-08 31
 RE: Episode 10 brvnkrz 11-26-08 16
   RE: Episode 10 samboohoo 11-26-08 26
   RE: Episode 10 trigirl 11-26-08 29
   RE: Episode 10 mtopaz 11-26-08 30
 RE: Episode 10 KeithFan 11-26-08 17
 RE: Episode 10 aquariaqueen 11-26-08 21
 RE: Episode 10 Cyndimaus 11-26-08 22
   RE: Episode 10 MPVLOST 11-26-08 23
   Stuff and Make-overs aquariaqueen 11-26-08 24
       RE: Stuff and Make-overs MPVLOST 11-26-08 25
 RE: Episode 10 KwietOne 11-26-08 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

KoalaChick 506 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-25-08, 10:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Episode 10"
Who got cut?
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-25-08, 11:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MPVLOST Click to send private message to MPVLOST Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Episode 10"
Amy.

Amy and Heba fell below the yellow line.

Vicky and Ed voted for Amy, Michelle and Renee voted for Heba, Amy was eliminated because she had the lowest percentage at the weigh in.

catsnotkids 184 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-08, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail catsnotkids Click to send private message to catsnotkids Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Episode 10"
Amy - I guess it came back to bite her in the end. Not too smart not voting off Vicki when she had the chance.

Thank goodness Michelle and Renee are still pulling it off, although I don't know how they are doing it! 10lbs in one week is amazing after all this time. I hope they hang in there for next week, too.

I'd really hate to see Vicki and Ed in the finals.

ShellyMay 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-26-08, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShellyMay Click to send private message to ShellyMay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Episode 10"
It's that crazy editing thing again, for dramatic effect.

I'm curious why they showed an uglier, darker side of Bob this week. They usually don't do that unless something's going to follow - maybe he sides with Vicky against Ed & Heba?

And Vicky - again she proved that it's more about the game than the weight loss. Although admittedly it was a great prize to be able to donate monies to a school, I think she was hoping there would also be an individual reward element to the challenge. After watching the videos of her family, I wonder if she thought about that being a lame prize after all.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-26-08, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Episode 10"
I was baffled by the softer Vicky edit last night. Well, right up until the vote when she referred to Brady's boot.

I was also happy to see Renee say something about keeping your word.

Tis the season.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-08, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 10"
You saw a softer Vicky last night?
Oh, that must've been the part of her watching her home video & her commentary - I fast forwarded thru all that - did not want to see her at all.

by the holly jolly Agman

11-26-08, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Episode 10"
Yes. When she talked about donating the money and when she finally did see her video. Of course that was somewhat skewed with the "Queen" comment from Brady.

I told DS we weren't going to watch anything with Vicky in it if we didn't have to, so I did try to FF through her individual stuff.

Tis the season.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-26-08, 10:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Episode 10"
They definitely softened her up this week. And when she was talking strategy, it wasn't with the ugly attitude she usually would have had.

11-26-08, 09:11 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Episode 10"
Hate the previews MPV. Hate them. Thank goodness for Tivo.

I saw in last week's preiew that the four blues were at teh top with Renee weighing in. I thought one of the black team would fall below. Glad they didn't.

One other thing that bugged me. Jillian. I love Jillian. But for her to sit there and say the Blue Team was bullying her team and that they shouldn't be voting as a team, etc., calling the blue team a cult, etc. was hogwash. Does she not remember Julie and Isabeau. And didn't she completely lose it with Isabeau when she considered voting out a black? Gimme a break.

The only real bully is Vicky. Heba has been much more tolerable since Ed came back.

Tis the season.

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-08, 09:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. ""Team" voting solution"
It seems that this has become more and more of a problem every season, that even after individuals are up for elimination based on their own weight and not the teams, that votes tend to go along color lines of blue, red, or black. I thought of a way to curb that, especially the trainer influence. Once teams are dissolved, players are assigned to a trainer each week based on random draw. You may have Bob for two weeks and next week you get Jillian. This, IMO, would take out the trainer's win aspect.

11-26-08, 09:55 AM (EST)
14. "RE: "Team" voting solution"
I like this. It could also help to mix up workouts, etc.

I still think that when they are teams, there should not necessarily be immunity, but the two people with the lowest percentage of weight loss should be up for eviction. I think that would virtually eliminate any chance of a deliberate water-up in order to get someone out, and it would keep things fair. They kind of did that when they put the twosome below and made the twosome decide who would go (Ed and Jerry).

Tis the season.

11-26-08, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Episode 10"
aarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
That is all.

No, changed my mind; that is not all.
Jillian called it; Vicky was still out to get Amy for booting Brady & she did. Everyone knows Heba was the smart one to boot as Heba has more weight to lose than Amy. Vicky lied to Amy - course she's been deceitful the whole time so....

Bob steered Amy wrong in convincing her to vote with blue the week before sending Coleen home instead of Vicky. Had Coleen still been there and Vicky gone, Amy would still be there too.
I wish there was a chance to ask Bob now what he thinks about staying so true to team color when voting. That plan sure screwed Amy. It's like he never considered that 2 of his blue could be up for eviction and that there would always be 3 siding against Amy. I'm just not feeling the Bob luv this season that I felt before. He's become more and more about the game and 'his' winning.

Vicky just gets worse every week. Could she really have thought there would be a second run thru the course so she intentionally held back the first go round? It did seems so. Need to go see what she's said about this on her blog.

I hate the challenges like the football catch. Too much like the coconut chop in Survivor. Wish Michelle & Renee had taken out Vicky first before Ed.

Good for Michelle & Renee. Now if they can do that at least one more week - then at least one of the bad blue alliance will go home.

My name is Jbug and I'm a shopaholic (Agman is too)

11-26-08, 09:51 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Episode 10"
I didn't like the football challenge. I think it should have been the first person to have all of his/her bin full should have one. That would have been fairer and would have possibly given one more incentive.

Tis the season.

11-26-08, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 10"
For the life of me, I can't figure out why they didn't fill Vicky's bin first!!!

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-26-08, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Episode 10"
Bob steered Amy wrong in convincing her to vote with blue the week before sending Coleen home instead of Vicky. Had Coleen still been there and Vicky gone, Amy would still be there too.
I wish there was a chance to ask Bob now what he thinks about staying so true to team color when voting.

I totally agree. If Icky or Hefa win, it will be all Bob's fault.
bouncey by Ice

11-26-08, 09:22 AM (EST)
9. "Thanksgiving?"
I'm confused - or are they trying to pull one over on me / us.

I thought TBL was like other reality shows. It's all been filmed and done in advance - everyone is already at home with their families - no one can reveal who made it to the finals. They all have to sit and watch together and then everyone returns to the Finale for the last weigh in.

I'm wrong?

The whole Thanksgiving thing was just weird.
Someone set me straight.

Sharnina Special

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-08, 09:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Thanksgiving?"
I'm thinking all the Thanksgiving stuff was staged. It wouldn't be the first time TBL has done that.

11-26-08, 09:50 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Thanksgiving?"
Agree. They planned it so that it would air this week.

Tis the season.

11-26-08, 10:53 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Thanksgiving?"
I think it was staged as well. At least they showed some good ideas BEFORE the holiday instead of after. Now we have a chance to look up a recipe or two if we wish.

realitycoholic 216 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-30-08, 09:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail realitycoholic Click to send private message to realitycoholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Thanksgiving?"
The entire season is not filmed in advance--just part of it. And, it tapes about 4-6 weeks before it shows that episode. For example, last season's BL started taping in September and they started showing episodes in October. I'm not sure what this season's timeframe was, but it should be close to the previous seasons'.

Therefore, the Thanksgiving scene was filmed in advance by about 4 weeks, but they film it that way so that it is relevant to the time in which the episode will show. Does that make sense?

**Work of arzt by PhoenixMons**

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-08, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Episode 10"
I was thrilled for Renee and Michelle. Thrilled. As much as I wanted Icky to go, I knew Amy was a goner because of her Brady vote. Stupid, stupid, stupid girl. She deserved to go for being so stupid. And now we have to watch Icky win it all. At this point I am only watching out of obligation because I put this much effort into the season. If I hadn't wasted so much time with season already I wouldn't bother watching the final episodes.
I was throwing up in my mouth as Icky got to hang out with MY real heroes. I have the 49er tattoo to prove it. That should have been me hanging with my boys, not that pig b!tch. And the salt is that she gets to go to the Pro Bowl. I am soooo unhappy with this season. Next year could be in jeopardy for me. I honestly may not watch. I'll probably watch a few episodes, see if TBL has jumped the shark with their casting of game players and then move along to something else if I feel they casted poorly again.
Leave the backstabbing to Big Brother and Survivor. Not a show about improving people's lives.

Arkie did me.

11-26-08, 12:15 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Episode 10"
I thought about you when Jerry and Steve were there.

I think you should clean up this post and send it to NBC.

Tis the season.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

11-26-08, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Episode 10"
You and me both! I was going to get my Dwight Clark jersey out to wear for the episode. Seeing Icky get to wear #80 almost broke my heart!!!!!!

bouncey by Ice

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-26-08, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mtopaz Click to send private message to mtopaz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Episode 10"
Errrrrgh!!! Hate Icky! How dare she play Jerry Rice like that? Seeing him and Steve Craig praising her for doing "so much better" the second time around just made my blood boil.

However, I did laugh when Ed said, "When I caught that football, ...." *screech* "I knew Heba already had that $500 spent."

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-08, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Episode 10"
Editing for dramatic effect. Yeah, do it all the time, so I don't really pay attention to it anymore. I just fast forward through the preview-commercial-review parts.

This has to be the worst season ever. If Icky, Heffa, and Ed make it to the finals I'll petition the network to get a refund for wasting so much of my time.

11-26-08, 10:54 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Episode 10"
It's no secret that I have enjoyed Renee and Michelle from the beginning. With the strong numbers they've been having, next week is going to be especially tough.

How about Ed taking a swig of wine!!!

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-26-08, 11:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Episode 10"
You guys pretty much said what I was thinking about this week's episode. I really wish Amy had thought of herself last week instead of color. The black team has been so kind to her. She had this "big" revelation about putting herself first, etc, and then she votes Colleen out. Didn't make sense to me, especially when she had said she wanted to be the Biggest Loser. She sure didn't set herself up that way. And she has paid for it this week. But I was so glad to see her continue to do well at home. Wow!

Now we just need to get black to the finals!

This patriotic mouse salutes Sharnina!

11-26-08, 11:25 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Episode 10"
I have this feeling that Black is being edited as the winners, one of them anyway.

Think about it. Every single week we hear about their story, about the not speaking for 6 years, and now reconciling with each other. Just seems like there has to be a reason why we're constantly hearing different parts of that story.

What do we hear about the other contestants? Their kids at home that miss them, that's about it.

11-26-08, 11:26 AM (EST)
24. "Stuff and Make-overs"
How can that happen? Reward challenges that gives pounds to a person?

I'm fearful that Renee and Michelle won't be able to pull such large numbers.

Don't they usually do a make-over by now? I sure would love to see that!

I think Michelle is stunning.

11-26-08, 11:38 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Stuff and Make-overs"
Next week is the make-overs, Alison told contestants at the end of last night's episode and it was shown in the preview.

KwietOne 1083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-26-08, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KwietOne Click to send private message to KwietOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Episode 10"
Another reason why I fast-forward to the weigh-ins now. I know it's a reality game show, but still; you're there to lose weight. I really don't like this lowest percentage lost for the week being voted out automatically if there is a tie. It should reflect on lowest percentage for the entire time they're there. Amy was the biggest loser so far, and then she's gone?

It's just a disappointing season IMO. They should start the season off individually; not as teams. Get more trainers too.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •