The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Affording to be on reality TV"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

dicatk 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-25-08, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dicatk Click to send private message to dicatk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Affording to be on reality TV"
So I would love to be on The Biggest Loser (or a number of other reality shows for tha matter), but I don't understand how people get so much time off from work? I would never be able to get 2 months off from my job and still have a job when I get home, and I would never be able to pay for my house or car or other bills while I was away.

I wish I could figure out how to ask someone who has actually been on a show to find out because I would LOVE to know!

~K

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Affording to be on reality TV aquariaqueen 03-25-08 1
 RE: Affording to be on reality TV KeithFan 03-26-08 2
   RE: Affording to be on reality TV mom2bjm 03-30-08 8
       RE: Affording to be on reality TV ArnoldKumar123 12-14-21 13
   RE: Affording to be on reality TV ArnoldKumar123 12-14-21 12
 RE: Affording to be on reality TV jbug 03-26-08 3
   RE: Affording to be on reality TV aquariaqueen 03-26-08 4
 RE: Affording to be on reality TV taffnic 03-26-08 5
   RE: Affording to be on reality TV aquariaqueen 03-26-08 6
   RE: Affording to be on reality TV ArnoldKumar123 12-14-21 14
 RE: Affording to be on reality TV MKitty 03-27-08 7
 RE: Affording to be on reality TV HeatherTeta 10-29-13 9
   RE: Affording to be on reality TV ArnoldKumar123 12-14-21 15
 RE: Affording to be on reality TV thehotarticle 08-05-21 10
   RE: Affording to be on reality TV ArnoldKumar123 12-17-21 16
 RE: Affording to be on reality TV ArnoldKumar123 12-14-21 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-25-08, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Affording to be on reality TV"
I believe they do receive a stipend for being on the show. But being able to return to a job may be a lot harder.

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" - Albert Einstein

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-26-08, 08:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Affording to be on reality TV"
I believe that 2 things happen.

1) If they have a crappy job, well, it's just that. They could get the same type of job elsewhere, and they get paid by CBS, although I'm not sure how much.

2) The one's with good jobs probably get a medical release. In other words, they are entitled to 12 weeks, legally, without worrying about losing their job. I'm sure they burn up all their vacation first and they use the unpaid part later.

mom2bjm 1467 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-30-08, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mom2bjm Click to send private message to mom2bjm Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Affording to be on reality TV"
(Psst.. Keithfan, it's NBC...)

Tribe's got me bouncing!

ArnoldKumar123 135 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-14-21, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ArnoldKumar123 Click to send private message to ArnoldKumar123 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Affording to be on reality TV"
Helo I found Ur awesom Nam mom2bjm Randomly so I am Curious if U hav Books, Games, Internets, Musics, Radios, Stereos, Televisions, Etc in ur Posesion becuz I hav Questions about Vague Events Etc?(~~~~).

12-14-21, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ArnoldKumar123 Click to send private message to ArnoldKumar123 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Affording to be on reality TV"
Helo I found Ur Awesom nam KeithFan randomly So I am Curious if U hav Books, Games, Internets, Musics, Radios, Stereos, Televisions, Etc in ur Posesion becuz I hav Questions about Vague Events Etc?(~~~~).

jbug 17145 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-08, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Affording to be on reality TV"
A niece tried out for Biggest Loser. She didn't get chosen, but she had already made plans at work (a doc's office) to get the time off. She is a great employee and they know she needs to lose the weight - so they were willing.

As far as the money? I think she was saving and had tried to pay off a lot of bills and stuff in advance.

I've heard that on Survivor and Amazing Race and others that they get $$ depending on how long they last. I've never heard if they get anything on Biggest Loser based on their length of stay.

ALso on Survivor & TAR, they stay secluded somewhere till the end. On BL they apparently go home when they are voted out.

On our way to the Final 4 with Agman

03-26-08, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aquariaqueen Click to send private message to aquariaqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Affording to be on reality TV"

>ALso on Survivor & TAR, they
>stay secluded somewhere till the
>end. On BL they
>apparently go home when they
>are voted out.

That IS a big difference, especially if you're one of the first to go!! One of the first to go may only have been gone a couple weeks.
They can't start the game right away. I am sure there are meetings, dr. appts, and such for the contestants for safety measures/rules/regulations.

taffnic 5392 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-08, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Affording to be on reality TV"
My sister and I just sent in our application and audition tape for the next couples edition. If lucky enough to be chosen I would take medical leave from work. I've been there long enough to have enough sick leave and annual leave accrued to last close to 4 mos.

03-26-08, 08:12 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Affording to be on reality TV"
Best wishes....and let us know if you make it so we don't talk badly about you. I mean, so we can root you on!!! And a slip of the tongue saying hi to us here would definitely be cool.
You could have a code word that you use every diary session!! And only those of us here wouldn't think you were crazy!

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it" - Albert Einstein

12-14-21, 04:53 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Affording to be on reality TV"
Helo I found Ur awesom Nam taffnic Randomly so I am Curious if U hav Books, Games, Internets, Musics, Radios, Stereos, Televisions, Etc in ur Posesion becuz I hav Questions about Vague Events Etc?(~~~~).

MKitty 2976 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

03-27-08, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Affording to be on reality TV"
LAST EDITED ON 03-27-08 AT 11:12 AM (EST)

Yeah, I have often wondered the same thing! I might be very difficult for some people to take an undetermined amount of time off. It could be a week, it could be 12! I also wondered the same thing on the Amazing Race..as I would love to do it, but I wondered if I would ever be able to get the requisite amount of time off - not to mention the loss of salary for up to 4 months! That is a big commitment, especially if you walk away with no money!!

*Viced by Agman*

HeatherTeta 3 desperate attention whore postings

10-29-13, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HeatherTeta Click to send private message to HeatherTeta Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Affording to be on reality TV"
WEIGHT LOSS SHOW CASTING CALL!

Does your weight hold you back from being the
spouse & parent you want to be?

Have you tried every diet in the book
but nothing seems to work?

Do you and your spouse/partner want to finally
take the steps to lose weight TOGETHER?

WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!

Ish Entertainment's new documentary-style reality show is looking for parents who are at their breaking point with being overweight. Our show will profile and follow families from across the country as they work with a team of professionals (Personal Trainer, Nutritionist, and Psychologist) to make big changes in their health AND family life. If you need help and would like to speak more about this project, contact us today and tell us your story!

Please write a detailed description of why you and your spouse/partner need help. Don’t forget to include recent photos and a phone number where you can be reached!

Contact us today!

Heather Teta
Casting Director
Ish Entertainment
Heather@ish.tv

12-14-21, 05:08 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Affording to be on reality TV"
Helo I found Ur Awesom nam HeatherTeta randomly So I am Curious if U hav Books, Games, Internets, Musics, Radios, Stereos, Televisions, Etc in ur Posesion becuz I hav Questions about Vague Events Etc?(~~~~).

thehotarticle 1 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-21, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thehotarticle Click to send private message to thehotarticle Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Affording to be on reality TV"
http://www.thehotarticle.com
he then shot a very last-spherical 76 on the carmel, ind., path on wednesday to finish in a tie for 2nd with a 4-over 220, 4returned of winner john marshall butler.i played super,” daly ii advised the indianapolis megastar. “it'd had been cool to win, however i still have time. just a couple horrific 3-putts each days, however apart from that i played incredible.

12-17-21, 03:57 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Affording to be on reality TV"
Helo I found Ur awesom Nam thehotarticle Randomly so I am Curious if U hav Books, Games, Internets, Musics, Radios, Stereos, Televisions, Etc in ur Posesion becuz I hav Questions about Vague Events Etc?(~~~~).

12-14-21, 04:46 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Affording to be on reality TV"
Helo I found Ur awesom Nam dicatk Randomly so I am Curious if U hav Books, Games, Internets, Musics, Radios, Stereos, Televisions, Etc in ur Posesion becuz I hav Questions about Vague Events Etc?(~~~~).

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •