The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Producers casting out votes"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Cupid Forum (Protected)
Original message

Joyful 232 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-30-03, 10:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joyful Click to send private message to Joyful Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Producers casting out votes"
I was re-watching the last episode of Cupid and I saw a disclaimer in the ending credits that said something to the effect of the producers of the show have the right to throw out votes that they feel are the result of "block voting" or "power voting". I'm not sure what these are but do any of you think that this has some effect on why Robert and Joe are still around? And why Paul, who was not as nearly as bad as the before mentioned, is gone and they (Joe and Robert) haven't even made it to the bottom three?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Producers casting out votes HappyDayz 08-31-03 1
 RE: Producers casting out votes redefine_perfection13 08-31-03 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HappyDayz 278 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-31-03, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HappyDayz Click to send private message to HappyDayz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Producers casting out votes"
I think that is the producers way of trying to keep it 'honest'...if there really is a way to do so, anyway. As far back as the original American Idol, there were rumors (don't know if they were proven) of people using computer automated dialers to quickly run up the vote. I would guess that this really hasn't come into play much yet on Cupid....but I wouldn't be all that surprised if they used this clause to make sure they get the ending they (CBS) want. Robert is still there, and not in the bottom three, because of the widespread effort to keep him there. Joe....who the heck knows why he's still there...I don't know anyone that's voted for him. I think Paul was out, and Evan was in the bottom three the same week, because that week almost everyone who wanted a good guy for Lisa voted for Hank ~ coincidentally, that is the same week they started the 'let's slam Hank' campaign (and as we've discussed in another thread, I believe that is happening to even the playing field...it was really a one-sided competition until then). Honestly, there are a number of ways they can make sure that the person they want to win does win....phone lines can be tied up (on AI 2, I was unable to vote for Clay the entire two hours...still suspicious of that).
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

redefine_perfection13 114 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-31-03, 02:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail redefine_perfection13 Click to send private message to redefine_perfection13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Producers casting out votes"
I'm not sure if I'm right here so you can correct me if I am but I believe block voting is when a group of people in different areas agree to vote for one person a bizillion times so that it ties up the phone line
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •