The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season finale"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Bachelor / The Bachelorette Forum (Protected)
Original message

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-02-11, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season finale"
Well, no surprises to wrap up the season. We saw it coming, with Ben's rejection and Ashley accepting J.P.'s proposal.

Ashley's sister was perhaps the surprise of the episode, piece of work that she is. She nearly sabotaged J.P.'s efforts.

I think Ben is the better man (and Ames from earlier better yet), but I also think, for better or worse, J.P. and Ashley deserve each other. They've been tabloid fodder and it's going to continue.

On the other hand, Ben can do better, with a lady of a character more like his. I like his eventual chances of a long, stable relationship better.

Finale recap here.

Should I bother covering Bachelor Pad 2? It's more like Bachelors & Booby Bikini Bawlers. The previews almost horrify me.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Season finale Round Robin 08-02-11 1
   RE: Season finale cahaya 08-02-11 2
 RE: Season finale Ants 08-02-11 3
 RE: Season finale mrc 08-02-11 4
 RE: Season finale samboohoo 08-02-11 5
   Ben Deserved Better Pamselfish 08-04-11 17
 RE: Season finale jbug 08-02-11 6
   RE: Season finale Ants 08-02-11 7
 Let's get to the important part. Estee 08-02-11 8
   RE: Let's get to the important part... cahaya 08-02-11 9
       RE: Let's get to the important part... Angelflutter 08-03-11 10
           RE: Let's get to the important part... Ants 08-03-11 11
           RE: Let's get to the important part... Belle Book 08-03-11 12
               RE: Let's get to the important part... JoeGazillionaire 08-04-11 13
                   RE: Let's get to the important part... samboohoo 08-04-11 14
                   Sister Was Right Pamselfish 08-04-11 16
                   RE: Let's get to the important part... Ants 08-06-11 20
           RE: Let's get to the important part... Estee 08-04-11 15
 Because she didn't pick Bentley,tha... Estee 08-05-11 18
   RE: Because she didn't pick Bentley... qwertypie 08-05-11 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-02-11, 01:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Season finale"
Ashley's sister is a complete BEYATCH!!! Hay-zoose H. Key-riced, there are things you just don't say and things you just don't do and lines you just don't cross when you're the older sister. Well this idiotic witch not only crossed all the lines, she bulldozed them the hell out! She could have f---ed up the whole works, and she still could, and it's not her own life she'd be ruining, it's her sister's. With a sister like that Ashley needs no enemies, and I hope Ashley and the rest of the family told her where to get off.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-02-11, 01:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Season finale"
She's been married and divorced, after all, which makes her the relationship non-expert. Good riddance for ex-hubby.

Ants 426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-02-11, 08:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ants Click to send private message to Ants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Season finale"
Ashley's sister is pretty! Who knew!? I didn't remember that from Brad's season. Cover those heinous tatts and you have a pretty woman. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Ashley's pretty.

The sis judged JP on that scant prolly half hour dinner. She was too judgmental. She said that he was too old for Ashley. 7 years difference? Pffftt. that's not too old. Anyway, Ashley went for JP. Their Chemistry is just immense.

As for Ben, she had a face filled with sorrow as he approached. She started to speak, saying only, "Ben . . . " and he stopped her. He said, "Before you say anything" and then he told her how much loved her and then proposed. Ashley's not at fault for letting him propose when she knew she was going to reject him. She tried to send him away first. He was gung ho on proposing.

Btw, where is Ashley's biological father? Did they ever mention? Just curious.

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-11, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season finale"
That finale was ridiculous. I sat there with my mouth open, shouting curses at the screen. Really? REALLY?!! I was incensed because . . .

The producers couldn't find shade. What the frack? The interviews, the proposals--no shade. Poor Ashley's brother is mopping his head, Ashley is sopping up the sweat from her cleavage, but producers can't move them inside or under a tree? Shameful!

A Slice of Manga
What a boring season. Thank goodness for Bentley.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-11, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season finale"
I knew the ending beforehand, but I was still surprised. Surprised at just how cruel Ashley was to Ben. I liked Ashley and JP. I liked JP. I thought there were many times during the season where JP was definitely the frontrunner, and it showed.

But . . .

Here's a girl who, in one season, mentioned Bentley more times than Obama mentioned change in his entire campaign, and Bentley was there for mere weeks. So when, exactly did Ashley "fall"? If it was so early on, why did she continue to lead Ben on the way she did. The lubing with the sunscreen in the previous episode and the mud in this one was way too much. While my heart absolutely broke for him, I was also so happy he left the way he did.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Pamselfish 106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-04-11, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pamselfish Click to send private message to Pamselfish Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Ben Deserved Better"
Agree that the overt sexual behavior with Ben, when she had already decided on JP was pretty disgusting and again, very immature. All the seasons try to keep you guessing, getting it down to the final 2, and actually editing to making it look like the loser will be the winner - but I don't recall another season where the deception was this unnecessarily over-the-top. These scenes didn't even need any fancy editing. Ashley showed her true colors by apparently deciding she could provide the necessary deception all by herself. Ugh. Ben deserved much better than that. He's so better off without her.

On that last date when she was rolling on the bed with Ben, engulfing him with her legs, I couldn't help notice the 2 big mosquito bites she had on her upper thigh. For me it was hilareously distracting.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-11, 10:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Season finale"
LAST EDITED ON 08-02-11 AT 10:08 AM (EST)

So the rejected one finally had something to say - all I remember from previous times is the leaving/crying whatever.

I've said all along (since I started watching a few seasons ago) that it's crazy that the Bachelor or Bachelorette expects all the suitors to fall in love - & never seems to give a thought to how they will feel when rejected.
It's a very selfish concept - but makes good tv watching.

Oh, & Ashley professed that she was in love; and then said she had not made her decision yet. Did that mean she was in love with both men? or she knew she was in love but didn't know with which one?

08-02-11, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ants Click to send private message to Ants Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Season finale"
The 'in love' bit was editing by the producers. They know all the spoilers out there. They wanted to keep people guessing.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

08-02-11, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Let's get to the important part."
Have they broken up yet?

08-02-11, 03:19 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Let's get to the important part."
LAST EDITED ON 08-02-11 AT 03:21 PM (EST)

Supposedly, they've set a wedding date, towards the end of 2012 with the exact date not made public. But, then again, maybe even they're not sure based on their responses during their live appearance on Kimmel last night. They pretty much repeated the same thing on Good Morning America this morning.

Suffice it to say that the invitations haven't been sent out yet. In the meantime, they're tabloid fodder.

Angelflutter 64 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-03-11, 05:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Angelflutter Click to send private message to Angelflutter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Let's get to the important part."
Tabloid fodder indeed !!!!! But, look at the Vienna sausage and Jake. Yesterday's news. I think if Ashley and JP can keep it together until the next season of idiots come back, they might be able to make it. Look at Trista and Ryan. They are a great couple. Why does everyone have to be such "haters" ? ( Not the poster here. Just the public in general. ) God forbid, that someone finds love in a different manner than the norm. 10 years ago, who would have thought og internet dating? It seems impossible to find happiness when you are in the publics eyes. Someone out there always tries to tear others happiness apart. These people need to get a real life. Like I said, I only hope and pray that Ashley and JP can keep it together for awhile. I know at the time it will be extremely difficult for them, but again, like I said later on they will eventually be yesterdays news.

08-03-11, 05:44 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Let's get to the important part."
Yup, the haters just have to have someone to hate.

Btw, I met my husband by online dating 15 years ago.

I hope Ashley and JP make it, but living with someone 24/7 in the *real* world is much different from being swept off your feet and "falling madly in love" with a person in exotic locations across the globe. Let's see if they're still together a year from now. If so, great. If not, that just means that they're human - as human as the rest of the population that gets together (in any circumstance) and then breaks up.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-03-11, 07:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Let's get to the important part."
I think that if Ashley & J.P. last at least a year, they would have a good chance of having a wedding. But as Ants put it, it's harder living with someone 24/7 than it is to fall madly in love with them while in exotic locations around the globe (probably one reason why Jake & Vienna flamed out quickly -- they found out they had to live with the "real person" 24/7!) Trista & Ryan probably succeeded because they could live with each other 24/7 and not drive each other crazy. Ali & Roberto seem to be on the same path as well. Hopefully, Ashley & J.P. will follow in their footsteps -- but I'm a bit skeptical if only because I've seen so many couples who fell in love on this show break up.

JoeGazillionaire 341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-04-11, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JoeGazillionaire Click to send private message to JoeGazillionaire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Let's get to the important part."
Ashley and her sister are quite the odd couple... Ashley appears to be more of a naive straightlaced...while her sister looks like she can go hang out with Kat Von D on Ink and swap Jesse James stories.

I get the feeling that her sister might be right. I wish Ashley the best, but her judgment with men doesn't seem to be all that great. And, just watching JP... I feel like he's pretty thin-skinned like something boils under the surface. Also, in normal life, the sister doesn't get the opportunity to talk to her sister in private...here, she has to do it in front of the cameras. She probably should have gone for Ames...smart nerdy guy who makes good money. He seemed pretty good natured throughout everything.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

08-04-11, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Let's get to the important part."
Ames seems to be too sporadic for me. Not sure even Ashley could keep up with Ames.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Pamselfish 106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-04-11, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Pamselfish Click to send private message to Pamselfish Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Sister Was Right"
Agree with you completely.

Surprisngly, since someone with so many (particularly)hideous tats can hardly be assumed to have good judgement, I found myself agreeing with Sis about JP. What she said made perfect sense. I've been a JP fan since the start, and as we've said in previous week's posts, he is one sexy kisser. His passionate side came through loud and clear and it grabbed Ashley as I'm pretty sure it would have grabbed me. But as we know, that so fades. JP seems very mature (more than just age), structured, and steadfast. Ashley still seems like a little girl at this point, still not in control of her emotions.....rash decisions then with immature highs and lows when things don't go her way. Her moods swings may be cute now, especially since everything is easier to deal with in an all-expense paid tropical vaca. And in this temporary situation, it was a competition as well and don't we all like to win? Back in the real world, I think she'll end up driving him nuts. She kept calling herself "goofy". I think it's more like immaturity, with a little ADD thrown in.

I hope they do themselves a favor and don't rush into a marriage that won't outlast the passion.

Except for the fact that Sis is already divorced with kids (plural) and again, all those low rent tats, she might have made a more interesting Bachelorette. She really is the prettiest one in the family, and showed some very welcome mature judgement in this case.

08-06-11, 07:20 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Let's get to the important part."
JP might have something boiling under the surface, but I think it's about the same as what Ashley has. During Brad's season, Shawntel was doing a short film with him. He was tied to a post, she came in, karate kicked some bad guys, saved the day for Brad and kissed him. They showed Ashley saying, "This is like torture." Now, think about JP's face during the wedding photo session when Ashley was being photographed by one of the other guys. Yeah, something was simmering under the surface, but it was jealousy that came from watch your S.O. with another. Ashley and JP aren't able to contain that emotion. Well, at least it shows how passionate they are.

08-04-11, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Let's get to the important part."
There's no direct hating involved here -- at least not for the new couple. I just feel the producers (and Harrison) have realized they gain more publicity/ratings from failure than success and cast accordingly.

08-05-11, 12:52 PM (EST)
18. "Because she didn't pick Bentley,that's why."
Lowest finale ratings in series history.

Next season: convicts.

Not ex-convicts. Current.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-11, 10:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Because she didn't pick Bentley,that's why."
As opposed to 'future' which tests the predictive powers of the Big Brother casting department.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •