The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25746 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-08-13, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Almost time for the season recap, who's around?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast... dabo 12-08-13 1
 RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast... dabo 12-08-13 2
 RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast... dabo 12-08-13 3
   RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast... featherfish81 12-09-13 17
 RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast... dabo 12-08-13 4
 RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast... dabo 12-08-13 5
   RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast... PepeLePew13 12-08-13 6
       RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast... dabo 12-08-13 9
   RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast... byoffer 12-08-13 8
       RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast... dabo 12-08-13 16
           RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast... JessicaRN 12-09-13 19
 RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast... dabo 12-08-13 7
   RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast... featherfish81 12-09-13 18
 RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast... Estee 12-08-13 10
 RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast... dabo 12-08-13 11
   RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast... PepeLePew13 12-08-13 13
   RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast... udg 12-09-13 20
 RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast... PepeLePew13 12-08-13 12
 RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast... dabo 12-08-13 14
 YAY! dabo 12-08-13 15
   RE: YAY! PsychoKitty 12-09-13 21
   RE: YAY! PepeLePew13 12-09-13 22
       RE: YAY! IanQuentin 12-09-13 23
           RE: YAY! kidflash212 12-09-13 24
 The Final Leg. kidflash212 12-09-13 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

12-08-13, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Jason & Amy: consistant.
Nicole & Travis: smart but Nicole is crumbling.
Tim & Marie: fighting.
Leo & Jamal: overcoming obstacles.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

12-08-13, 09:18 PM (EST)
2. "RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Everybody fly to Tokyo and find the kitty!

Afghanals manage to get an earlier connection and arrive five minutes ahead of the rest. The rest have agreed to work as a team to beat Afghanals. But at the taxi stand Marie pulls a Marie move and ticks off the doctors.

12-08-13, 09:36 PM (EST)
3. "RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-13 AT 11:56 AM (EST)

Detour, be a human bowling ball or phone with teh fishes. Afghanals arrive first and decide to be human bowling ball to be on Japanese game show, eventually finish after much fun, decide to leave everything as they found it. Find a fountain.

Jason n Amy and Nicole n Travis ditch Tim n Marie. Amy and Travis dive into old telephone booths converted to goldfish tanks to make phone call, receive message.

Tim n Marie arrive at human bowling and don't realize Aghanals have already been there.

featherfish81 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-09-13, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I'm kind of surprised Tim and Marie didn't realize that they were already at the other detour. I mean, why else would both other teams be running into a park?

12-08-13, 09:48 PM (EST)
4. "RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Speed Bump: Leo n Jamal must capture an escaped rhino from the zoo (fake rhino, actual practice drill).

Roadblock: Build a robot based on model example. Amy and Nicole head out and work together as a team to build their robots. Leo and Jamal eventually complete speed bump, Leo has to buiild his robot solo. Tim and Marie arrive, realize they are in last, Marie heads out to find model, Amy and Nicole completely ignore her. Mad Marie gains super speed after finally finding the small model.

Jason and Travis wishing they had done this one because they would be done already.

12-08-13, 10:02 PM (EST)
5. "RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Everyone has trouble getting the robot right except Marie who finishes first.

Find roaming vending machine for clue to pit stop.

Amy finishes second, sticks around to help Nicole. When Nicole finally finishes Travis becomes an #####.

Tim and Marie #1
Jason and Amy #2
Nicole and Travis #3.
Leo and Jamal philiminated.

Is anyone else around?

PepeLePew13 24896 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-13, 10:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I'm here ... barely. Just in and out with all the things going on around here at home with the kids.

Did just see sweet ol' Marie say that she's got Tim's nuts in a vise, getting him to sign a contract before the game started that she'd get 60% of the prize while he only gets 40%.

I think Tim should get at least 80% based on what he had to put up with on this race!

12-08-13, 10:23 PM (EST)
9. "RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-13 AT 00:46 AM (EST)

Yup. I was hoping he would pull a Marie on her and say that contract is out or he won't do anything to try to win the race.

Wuss.

byoffer 15907 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-13, 10:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I'm a bit delayed watching.

Just saw the Afghanimals philiminated. I hate hate hate that teams can team up to do challenges. And thus I now hate the F3.

12-08-13, 11:07 PM (EST)
16. "RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Dragging Nicole and Travis to F3 was a strategy to eliminate Leo and Jamal, though. And it worked. The thing I hated most about, really, was the more flustered she became the more frustrated he became, and he just turned into an a## the way he treated her as a result.

JessicaRN 1108 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-09-13, 02:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Nicole and Travis's edit sure did change during the season. They were my favorites at the beginning and a few weeks ago, they became pompous, judgemental jerks, especially him.

12-08-13, 10:21 PM (EST)
7. "RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Fly to Juneau, take a boat to an island. Roadblock: hit a target on the ground from a bush plane.. ladies all go out.

Amy hits it on her second try, now they chopper to a glacier for a glacier adventure. Chip next clue frrom ice.

Marie finally hits target on 14th try. Nicole is hopeless.

Travis: Oh well, it's only a million dollars.

featherfish81 422 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-09-13, 01:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I think their problem was that they were trying to throw the flour sacks, at least at the beginning, so they didn't have any consistency and had a hard time judging how to make changes between throws.

Oh, and sorry I'm late on here. We were delayed, and I didn't want any spoilers so I avoided this thread.

Estee 55761 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-13, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast Spoiler Thread"
I feel like Travis and Marie will join the pack of Racers who not only failed to learn anything on the course, but forgot most of what they might have originally learned. No self-awareness whatsoever.

12-08-13, 10:33 PM (EST)
11. "RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast Spoiler Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-13 AT 11:02 PM (EST)

Glacier adventure is one of the neatest ever on TAR, really wow. Then it turns into digging for clue, finding try agains until you get to actual clue. Ugh.

Nicole finally hits the target. Forgot to mention the fun sound effects before, wooooooooooo...

After finding a real clue hike down to kayak and kayak to next clue.

Alaska in a day, will a dog sled be next?

Nicole almost falls into the ice crevace!!!

12-08-13, 10:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Agreed, I liked this whole glacier adventure from start to finish. Great scenery in the background and a cool thing to go through the glacier tunnel.

udg 3163 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-09-13, 03:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Taxi from kayak to totem. Jason asks cabby, "Do you speak English?" OMG, DD and I almost died laughing.

12-08-13, 10:43 PM (EST)
12. "RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast Spoiler Thread"
This final challenge looks brutal. Build a few totem poles spelling out the currencies of each of the nations they've visited on this Race in chronological order.

12-08-13, 10:45 PM (EST)
14. "RE: TAR 23 - Finale! ... East Coast Spoiler Thread"
Next clue says chopper back to Juneau then find your thrill on Blueberry Hill. Final task, build currency totem poles in trip order. Jason and Amy arrice at task first, Tim and Marie eventually catch up to them. Travis in the kayak is back to being an ##### but it looks like Nicole is finally fed up with it.

12-08-13, 10:52 PM (EST)
15. "YAY!"
LAST EDITED ON 12-08-13 AT 11:09 PM (EST)

Jason and Amy win the Amazing Race!

Tim and Marie #2. She asked him to go on the race with her because it was the last day to sign up and he was around. He agreed to the contract because it was a chance to have a great adventure.

Nicole and Travis #3. Back to raising their five kids and being ER doctors.

PsychoKitty 697 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-09-13, 04:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: YAY!"
Hi everyone!

Well it was all very exciting!!! And I'm so glad Amy & Jason won. They are really sweet, and even though we know she's a "beauty queen" she held her own throughout the race!

So Tim let Marie railroad him on the money and she swears they'll be friends and in each others lives forever? Watch out any future girlfriends! Tim is a WUSS!!! He should run away from that b$&@$!

And do you think Nicole will get Travis into marriage counseling? They have so many kids and pride themselves on their church affiliation so I doubt she'd divorce him; but she should consider it!

>LAST EDITED ON 12-08-13
>AT 11:09 PM (EST)

>
>Jason and Amy win the Amazing
>Race!
>
>Tim and Marie #2. She
>asked him to go on
>the race with her because
>it was the last day
>to sign up and he
>was around. He agreed
>to the contract because it
>was a chance to have
>a great adventure.
>
>Nicole and Travis #3. Back
>to raising their five kids
>and being ER doctors.

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

12-09-13, 08:02 AM (EST)
22. "RE: YAY!"
Easily the most palatable option of the four final teams, so I'm satisfied with the result. I'm just happy Marie didn't win or she would have been absolutely insufferable.

It's clear the stress of the race got to Travis but considering he's an ER doctor maybe it's not so surprising he rationalized it as "just get it done" and move on. Even in the best of times, it couldn't have been easy for anyone to stand there and watch 21+ plane runs and think you could get it done sooner.

IanQuentin 116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-09-13, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IanQuentin Click to send private message to IanQuentin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: YAY!"
I'm very happy Jason/Amy won.

And Travis was an absolute jerk that needed to be put in his place.

But, Nicole was a weak racer. Part of that may have been Travis's lack of support for her, but still. She needed help on 2 roadblocks to finish in a timely manner. She tried to blatantly cheat at one of them, after her and Travis claimed moral superiority. And you can't tell me that she climbed up that glacier with only one ice pick without help. I really don't recall any time during the race, other than when she extorted the Express Pass from Marie, that she ever made a decent contribution to their team.

Travis was still a massive jerk tho. And Amy is a saint for potentially giving up her spot in the race to help out Nicole, even if it was strategy to keep a weak team around.

kidflash212 3936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-09-13, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: YAY!"
I originally thought Amy was nuts to stay and help Nicole with Leo getting close to finishing but it worked out well for them. Don't think Amy actually planned that as a strategy just realized it helped them after the fact.

kidflash212 3936 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-09-13, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "The Final Leg."
LAST EDITED ON 12-09-13 AT 05:09 PM (EST)

The least objectionable team won so I enjoyed that. But the tasks, while in breathtaking locations, were pretty standard. Once Amy hit her target on the second try, the race was over.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •