The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
Click here to Search the Forum
Search
Click here to goback to the previous page
Go back
Click here to goto the Lobby
Lobby
Compose your message

Original Message
"Salsa?"
Posted by woeisme1 on 01-11-12 at 10:59 PM
You might enjoy this one and Sam might, too, kids love it!

SALSA

This was originally my sisters “recipe” (if one can call it a recipe as there are absolutely NO measurements) and it is NOT a “hot” salsa. I use to make it by the gallon as I always had a “salsa” garden growing, everything you see here except the salt and pepper I can’t tell you how much of any one thing to use, it is more according to how much you want to make but I will give you the amounts of the items I did use for this batch.

Ingredients:
9 Roma tomatoes (Though you can use any large tomatoe, these were just the least expensive that day)
7 Tomatillos
1 Large onion (Here you can use any type of large onion also, I chose the yellow as it is hotter to add a “bite” since I can’t really have “hot or spicy”)
1 “Bunch” of Chinese Parsley (Mainlanders call it Cilantro but it is, in fact, Chinese Parsley)
˝ of a “head” of Garlic (I forgot to count the actual “cloves”)

Process:
I find it easiest to de-skin and chop the tomatillos first, along with the garlic, this way they can be on low heat and “reducing” while you chop everything else.
As you chop the tomatoes, throw them into a strainer/sieve/colander so the juices can run off until you are almost ready to add the tomatillos. When you are nearly ready, transfer to a bowl, add the onions, then the “reduced” tomatillos and cilantro last. Salt and pepper to your liking (I sometimes will throw in some garlic salt as well). Get out your chips and watch it disappear! Also good on eggs or any time you would add salsa to something.

Ingredients:

Skin tomatillos:

Tomatillos and garlic into skillet:

Strain chopped tomatoes:

Chop cilantro:

Chop onions:

Added to chopped tomatoes:

“Reduced” tomatillos, will have consistancy of oatmeal, sorta:

Add to tomatoes and onions:

Add cilantro last, salt and pepper to your taste:

“Plated”

It is vital to drain tomatoe juices off as it will become liquidy when refridgerated, just drain this off as well, it doesn't affect the flavor at all.

Okay, I'll stop sliding recipes in. I promise.

• HTML Tags Enabled - use [] instead of <>. Need help? Check HTML Reference
  • Image Links Enabled - just type the URL (e.g., http://www.dcscripts.com/image.gif)
  • Emotion Icons Emotion icon short cuts
  • Your Message
    Name*:
    Subject*:
    Message*:

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
    about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •