The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
Click here to Search the Forum
Search
Click here to goback to the previous page
Go back
Click here to goto the Lobby
Lobby
Compose your message

Original Message
"OTCC: Holiday Leftovers & Cookies"
Posted by ARnutz on 11-25-11 at 10:38 AM
Did you miss the last one? Well, Tummy posted her recipes in this thresd. See post #6 and #18 for bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos and Korean short ribs.

For my turn, I decided to give you all a way to get rid of your turkey day leftovers!

TURKEY CASSEROLE: This is a spin on the normal green bean casserole.

Ingredients:

2 - 3 cups of white rice
Leftover turkey - in small chunks
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of mushroom Soup (or cream of turkey)
3/4 cup milk
1/8 tsp. black pepper
2 (9 oz. each) pkgs. frozen cut green beans, thawed; or 2 cans (14 1/2 oz. each) cut green beans, drained; or 4 cups fresh, cooked cut green beans.
1 1/3 cups FRENCH'S® French Fried Onions

Cook rice according to package.
Mix soup, milk and pepper in a 1 1/2 -qt. baking dish.
Stir in beans, rice, turkey and 2/3 cup French Fried Onions.
Bake at 350°F for 30 min. or until hot.
Stir. Top with remaining 2/3 cup onions. Bake 5 min. until onions are golden.

***If you have leftover green bean casserole, then you can just add turkey and the cooked rice to it for a one dish meal. Be sure to add extra milk and soup to account for the rice which will absorb the liquids.

LEMON BARS: These cookies are made in 2 steps

1st layer

3/4 c. butter - softened
1 1/2 c. flour
1/3 c. powdered sugar

Cream together butter, flour and powdered sugar. Pat into a 13x9 pan. Bake 18 minutes at 350 F.

2nd layer

4 eggs
2 c. sugar
4 tbs. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
pinch of salt
6 tbs. lemon juice

Mix all remaining ingredients and pour over the baked 1st layer. Bake an additional 25 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Shortbread Cookie Bars - incredibly easy and soooo good!

Ingredients

1 c. sugar
1 tsp. water
1 lb. butter - softened
4 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt

Put the sugar in mixing bowl and sprinkle in water.
Cream the butter into the sugar.
Add flour and salt and knead with hands until the dough pulls away from the side of the bowl.
Press dough into 13x9 pan.
Prick with fork at about 1 inch intervals.
Sprinkle with colored sugar, if desired.
Bake at 275 F for 1 hour until pale and golden.
Cut into squares while hot.

Merci, Pepe for the siggies

• HTML Tags Enabled - use [] instead of <>. Need help? Check HTML Reference
  • Image Links Enabled - just type the URL (e.g., http://www.dcscripts.com/image.gif)
  • Emotion Icons Emotion icon short cuts
  • Your Message
    Name*:
    Subject*:
    Message*:

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
    about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •